Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Hello. Busy day at Kennys. I walked early. Then I watched the 2 DGS ay gymnastics. We went to look at the condo. The complex or really neighborhood is really nice and well cared for. I liked the size and layout of the condo. However it would need to do so much upgrade and updating work that I just don't want to do. It did not speak to me. On to the next. If another place in the same complex came up for sale I would look at it

Have a nice Saturday. Sunny and cool here.

:hug:Snowysom, so glad you got to have time with your grandkids. The condo area sounds promising as well. Continuing new home prayers, my friend.

Thinking extra of both of you, friends Bobbiwoz and Lynn🙏

Dad and I did do one of our three Christmas puzzles earlier. I'll post a picture of it later because it's on his phone. He is heading to Target as I type. Our can opener that we use daily for soup broke plus there are a couple other things he can get there. He decided to also go today since it may rain tomorrow. He did promise to stay home tomorrow, so here is praying that he really will.

:grouphug:to all.

:grouphug:Bobbiwoz, please continue to take good care and get some good rest tonight, I pray. Here is a picture of our
Christmas Snow Globe puzzle. We appreciated so much the sturdier pieces to it and had fun putting it together.

Have a good rest of the evening friends and sweet dreams with love.

Attachments

• Christmas Snowglobe Puzzle.jpg
    Christmas Snowglobe Puzzle.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Cute puzzle, @flyingdumbo127!

Last night was fun. A friend I haven't seen in a while came with her husband, our table won one of the trivia rounds, and the food and desserts were delicious. ❤️

Plus, to top it all off, I came home to a clean kitchen. 😃 (I did make the meatballs, DS had two friends over to share subs with him, and he/they did their own dishes!)

It's been a week since my return from Florida and since it's cooler here yesterday and today, I'm ready to go back down south.

I had an early morning visit at son's house and then also went to DD's house. I was dropping off gifts from my trip. DGD - 5 and a half months is growing and changing fast. She's trying hard to crawl and likes a blanket I bought her - it's the soft and furry kind. Son and family will be house hunting soon as the weather gets a bit warmer.

Meanwhile other DD is feeling overwhelmed. She has too much stuff and I brought a little more, but I also offered to store some things in my basement for her. There is space and it won't bother me much as I only go to my basement for laundry. I'm also thinking of moving my laundry to my kitchen if I do a kitchen rehab soon.

I have plenty of kitchen space but at the same time I like the laundry out of sight out of mind. However, I have stairs to the basement and although I'm fine with them right now, I don't want to be the 'I've fallen and I can't get up' commercial. I mostly stay on the main floor which has plenty of space for me as well as my bath and bedrooms.

There aren't very many homes in my price range that have both the outdoor space and the inside looking out layout that I enjoy now. These homes were built with a window wall on the backyard, basically. I continued that when I built my new kitchen and placed a large and lower window in one corner plus 2 other windows, one over the sink looking towards the street and another on the kitchen end looking into the yard, so I have light all day. It makes smaller spaces feel larger to be well lit with natural light.

Good morning. Gray and cloudy, calling for rain and snow, or just rain, they don't have a clue.

I woke with a headache, so that tells me it's going to do something.

I did laundry yesterday, including all blankets and throws. I was up and down the stairs a million times, I think that's why my bad knee was aching last night. @Judique We considered moving the laundry up to the kitchen also, but like you, I would rather have it out of sight. I'll deal with the stair issues if I start having trouble going up or down them. So far so good though.

Don is still not feeling right. He slept yesterday, he was asleep more than he was awake. He was probably awake half the night, but I was so tired, I didn't get up to check on him.

Still undecided about the Super Bowl, so I may just pass on it. I'm going to fix some ribs, even though I may be the only one eating them, lol. That's one Super Bowl tradition I'm not doing away with, even if I don't watch the game.

Have a nice morning all.

vHVOssS.jpg

Good morning. On the cool side today but supposed to go to the 60's by mid week.

I spent the day in Lancaster with my mom yesterday. We had a good time and talked about a lot of things. We are both concerned about Crystal and her health issues. I am going to get on my daughter this week to get the appointments made for the doctors Crystal needs to see. Mom did agree I was being a little mean towards Ella with the shirts and was glad I realized it on my own. I told her I don't want to be like my grandmother, her mother. I loved my grandmother, but she wasn't always a very nice person. She had a very abrasive and at times nasty personality. She would say mean and hurtful things because she thought they were funny. She always told my mom how embarrassed she was by her as a kid because my mom was very small and scrawny with horrible hair. Knowing these things made me understand my mom a lot better. For me my other grandmother was so good that she made up for my mom's mother.

The only bad part of the trip was my mom tripped and fell getting to my car. She hurt her knee and scraped her palms a bit. Thankfully I had wipes and Band-Aids in the car and a really cold bottle of water that she held on her knee and it did help. Hopefully today she is feeling a little better.

I am hoping to get the Carrot Cakes I promised made today. At least the one so I can take half of it to my son's house tonight. I told my granddaughter in law I would make one as she loves carrot cake. I also promised on to my daughter for her birthday but I was having a hard time finding baby food carrots. Now that I have them it is overdue.

My baby's birthday is today. I cannot believe my baby is 36. She drives me insane at times because she is so stubborn but I remember seeing her face for the first time and thinking I gave birth to a werewolf. She was born with such a thick head of hair and had a fuzzy forehead and honestly her back was a bit fuzzy too, PLUS she was born on a day with a full moon.. I wanted her birthdate to be Friday the 13th but the drs. wouldn't allow that. She was a planned c-section so I got to pick her birthdate. She still is my hairiest kid.

This is Beth right after she was born
6.jpg

And Beth with her husband. She still has a gorgeous head of hair
311835587_10222825916101063_1694303917086313681_n.jpg

Hope you all have a nice day and Fly EAGLES Fly. I want the Eagles in the Superbowl obviously.

Good morning Quackers.

Just popping in for a quick "howdy". I don't have much to report. It's been good weekend here so far. I need to get groceries today. Still trying to figure out what to make for the game. Probably little smokies, meatballs, and some chips and dip. Nothing too exciting or fancy, but those seem to be the leading contenders among the kids. I am trying to keep it simple and small. I think I have mentioned it before, both my boys are Chiefs fans, but my older one isn't as confident in a win for them today as his brother is. We shall see. It makes no difference to me. I actually think the most exciting thing that could happen is if Jason Kelce's wife, Kylie, gives birth during the game.

It's supposed to get almost 50 today with some sun...I'll take it.

My dryer has decided to go to appliance heaven. I have no idea how old it is, as it came with the house, but I am guessing at minimum 30 years. It is a very basic dryer with no fancy buttons or extra settings, I really like it. I am not looking forward to getting another one. We do air dry a lot of clothes, but when the weather is cold and we can't hang stuff outside it gets to be too much to do it all inside.

I hope you all have a good day.

I think I have mentioned it before, both my boys are Chiefs fans, but my older one isn't as confident in a win for them today as his brother is. We shall see. It makes no difference to me.
I know next to nothing about football. I root for the Patriots if they're in it, because that's the "local" team to me, but I also have a soft spot for the Chiefs because they were the Super Bowl champs the year I was born.

The only thing I'm really hoping is that there are no hard feelings between the two brothers who have to play against each other!

@bobbiwoz I hope you and your DH are feeling better today.

@flyingdumbo127 Nice puzzle.

I am back at the condo. I had a nice time with Kenny and the kids. They "helped" me look at the condo yesterday. They were well behaved which I appreciated. I did bribe them with telling them I had a surprise for them if they behaved. I had their Valentine's Day bags for them. Their big questions was did I have a TV and where was I going to put it. Well, not in this condo. We had dinner at Wendy's last night. I had a southwest avocado chicken salad and it was surprisingly good for a fast food place. I haven't been to Wendy's in about 15 years. We are now trying to plan a family trip to NH in July for Santa's village and some other recreation. It is like herding cats trying to get everyone to take the time to look at their schedules and let me book the place I have in mind. We need to do it sooner rather than later.

The condo office here is still giving us fits. The lender for my buyer needs the association to sign off saying the 2022 budget is the actual. One lousy sentence. You would think I was asking for gold. My agent has tried too. The office keeps saying they don't have it. The lender will not close without it. My attorney is calling tomorrow. I sent an email to the address on the resident portal explaining the importance of this. I cannot find any contact info for the trustees of the complex or I would email them too. I am so tired of things not going the way they should.

Off to work for a bit, then another walk, and off to Jeff's.

Have a good Sunday. I am not a football fan so not routing for any team or watching the game.

Good Morning and Happy Sunday Friends,

It's a cooler morning here and all is thank God well. I am looking forward to watching as always online worship and just being extra grateful to God for another day of health, life, ability to worship, and spend time with my dear dad, too. We are so blessed indeed!

What a fun evening it sounds like you enjoyed, PollyannaMom! I’m so glad. Congratulations on your trivia game win, too! Dad told me about the two brothers playing for opposing football teams today. ITA with your post in praying that there are indeed no hard feelings between them no matter the outcome. Family is what matters and counts not any game score!

Thanks, Bobbiwoz, the puzzle was a lot of fun to do. Dad and I may do a second puzzle later today. I hope if you do get rain that you’re able to enjoy it from the warmth and safety of your home. How are you and Tom doing? Thinking of you!

Judique, I’m with you on being ready to migrate somewhere warmer! God Bless your DGD! Paring down is never an easy thing to do. Prayers that your daughter is able to let go of excess stuff and come to realize how freeing doing so can be. If I lived closer to you, I’d be happy to help. Pre Covid, I was blessed to help some elderly church friends this way and enjoyed doing so. I admire your positive outlook and courage to seek out more ways of being safe at home.

Please do take care!

Lynn, I am so very sorry to hear that Don still is not feeling well :( Many prayers that you both have a much more restful Sunday and that tomorrow will at very long last bring some doctor help your way.

Happy Birthday to Beth, Taz! Prayers for your mom for healing and I’m truly grateful to read that the two of you had a positive conversation yesterday and was helpful to you. I wish your Eagles a good Super Bowl game.

Hugs, Frog and it brings me Sunday joy to read that you are having a good weekend, my friend. I hope your Chiefs do well today, too.

Snowysmom, precious grandkids indeed! What a lovely grandma you are to them. I love that you made them Valentine bags! Also so sweet that they “helped’ you look at the condo yesterday. After all, you do want them to feel comfortable in your new home, too. If we lived closer together, you know, I would love to (in general) hang out with dear you. I also don’t care for football and would enjoy watching something we would both enjoy together today instead. Prayers you do have a good rest of the day, do something for YOU!

I shall check back in later perhaps even with a new puzzle picture. Have a happy day friends.

Good morning, all 🙂

I "watched" the first half if the game - meaning I sat with DH, played on my phone during the actual football, and paid attention to the commercials. :rotfl:

I thought a lot of them were funny or clever this year! But halftime show was awful, as usual. (In the spirit of Thumper's Rule, the platforms were kind of cool.)

I didn't stay up until the end of game (late night Saturday, and didn't want to be short on sleep two nights in a row.) I did check the score this morning and was happy to see the Chiefs won.

Good morning. @bobbiwoz Glad you and Tom are feeling better.

@lynxstch I hope Don feels better soon.

It was fun to play with the grandkids yesterday. Ellie was in a silly mood so we had fun playing Guess in 10. They put together the little lego sets I got them for Valentine's Day. Charlotte of course wanted to play hide and seek. Luke was a bit under the weather with a cold. He lost his voice so didn't talk much.

Off to work. Since I was off Friday I have alot of catching up to do. No one does my work when I am off for a day or 2.
Have a good day.

Good morning everyone.
It's been about a week since I've been on, hope everyone is doing ok.
Our trip south to deliver some household items went well. Dog traveled really well, glad we did that little experiment. Mind you, it was like traveling with a little kid, so it could have been a tad bit more relaxing :rotfl: . I'm going back in mid-April for a few days.
Leftovers (wings) for dinner this evening.

Good morning, all 🙂

I "watched" the first half if the game - meaning I sat with DH, played on my phone during the actual football, and paid attention to the commercials. :rotfl:

I thought a lot of them were funny or clever this year! But halftime show was awful, as usual. (In the spirit of Thumper's Rule, the platforms were kind of cool.)

I didn't stay up until the end of game (late night Saturday, and didn't want to be short on sleep two nights in a row.) I did check the score this morning and was happy to see the Chiefs won.

Good morning!

The only reason I've usually checked on the Superbowl in the past is to catch the score when I was still working. This was because I would buy my $10 square to gamble on winning a few bucks.

I was somewhat partial to the Eagles mostly because a friend loves them. Otherwise, not much interested in football overall.

All that said I tuned in at halftime, checked the score, watched a few commercials and the halftime show. I'd already seen the Disney commercial because Iger had it emailed to us. Watching the halftime show - well, it was a let down for me. I'm not a Rihanna fan not because of her music or herself, but because it's not a genre that appeals to me, probably my age showing. But I can usually make it through performances that are artistic and speak to some part of me. I thought the dancers were pretty athletic and flexible. I thought Rihanna was - well, meh. I found some of her hand gestures - lacking. I barely could hear/understand the words she was singing. The gown/getup she was wearing seemed stupid looking.

The performance was obviously not aimed at me, or even my age group, but I guess a lot of people loved it.

Fell asleep, woke up early and saw Kansas had won. No difference to me, but for those who cared, sorry if your team didn't make it and congrats to those whose team won.

Good morning

The only part of the Super Bowl I saw was halftime, and I could have done without that. Terrible wasn't the word for it. Who in their right mind would get on a moving platform like that being pregnant? I wouldn't do it at all, but she was just nuts. She wasn't even safety harnessed. I didn't even watch the commercials. I had seen most of them on you tube already, and will catch any I missed today.

Don is still not feeling well. I told him he has 30 min to call his Dr's office before I do it. He told me he's going to switch his meds back to the doseages he was taking before the increases. Um, didn't I tell him to do that last week? He suffered all weekend, which made me more stressed than I already was. All he's done for the last 2 days is sleep.

Its going to be sunny and 56 today, 60's tomorrow and 72 on Wednesday. This is February, isn't it? This is crazy, but I'm not complaining!

Nice to see you @easyas123 --glad your trip went well

Thanks for the well wishes for Don @Snowysmom

Have a good day all

327088149_3280858232175597_5695900170613601721_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter