Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

:grouphug:Lynn and prayers for you to get in some good R&R at last! I'm sorry your shopping trip was so long! It sounds like a lot got done which is great.

🙏PollyannaMom extra for warmth and a safe 🏠You sure have had a lot going on! Have a much more relaxing rest of the afternoon, my friend please!:hug:

Waiting for some expected mail to come here. Keeping warm! I shall come back later.

Last edited:
Just a quick hello but I need to ask for prayers for a friend.

Oh that’s just horrible, what a helpless feeling! I’m so sorry for your friend & his husband.

Well it is a beautiful day in the neighborhood at the moment. High 50’s & sun is shining bright. We are out on porch soaking it up!

Chicken & lentil soup w/ a sourdough garlic loaf for dinner tonight, and a pickle roast tomorrow.

@tazdev3225 So sorry about your friend. I will definitely keep in my prayers.

@lynxstch What a shopping spree. Glad you could get what you wanted and needed.

@flyingdumbo127 Cocoa sounds good right about now. Stay warm!

Just got back from Jeff's. We had a nice time together. I have been very tired lately so I was not the best company but the cousins had fun playing together. We were outside for a bit and even though the temp was in the 40s, with the wind it was chilly. I am still chilled. Kenny and soon to be ex could not agree on things yesterday so on to court next week. Soon to be ex is fighting the house evaluation which she says is too low and everyone else says is too high. He could never sell the house for what the appraisal came in at. She also wants more money in general even though that was supposedly worked out last month. Kenny is of course very stressed. I hate to see that.

Have a good evening.

We had a nice, sunny day, here too. Chilly, but good to have sun on my face. :sunny: Tired of winter already. I also sat out on my porch for a few minutes with the dogs but it was in the shade so that didn’t last long.

DH had to work today for a while, so DD and I went out to breakfast. A little disappointing, a place we always liked seems to have gone downhill. We also grocery shopped a little.

Good grief, prices have really climbed at my local place! DD bought some things to make for dinner and a few other things she likes and when we came out she said she spent almost $100! The things I bought were almost twice that. My mother would’ve struggled with these prices were she still here, as that is where she always shopped. I also didn’t like they seem to be playing games with their advertised prices. Signs in large print say one price, but then you have to read the fine print to see that you have to buy FIVE to get the sale price. No thanks!

I had trouble reaching for things, my arm is still sore. DD moved things on the belt for me and DS carried things in. 🙏🏻 We cleaned and vacuumed this afternoon, and still doing some laundry. Thank you for your good thoughts for me! I am doing some light exercises I remember from PT to keep things fluid.

Can’t remember if I mentioned that I took Toto to the vet earlier in the week. Turns out he was pretty sick, as he’s acting like himself again (peppy, lively, happy, etc.). He had been going out walking and all that so I wasn’t sure if he was sick, but he was. I thought maybe he was just slowing down a bit. Glad to have him better. We’re still not sure what was wrong but vet is thinking allergies. Says she’s seeing a LOT of allergy related illnesses lately.

Prayers for those who need them! Not sure if I mentioned I went to see my elderly friend (right after I fell, was on my way there) and it was nice to see her and catch up. She is doing ok, thankfully. Doesn’t like where she is, but is making due.

Glad to hear all your good news, and share in your sadness for tough news. Following along but not typing a ton.

I hope everyone has a nice rest of their weekend! 🐥

Good chilly morning. I just got back from my walk. It was brisk for sure. Now breakfast and then off to Kenny's.

@Pea-n-Me Glad that you are doing better. Poor Toto. I hope he is feeling better now. Allergies are miserable for all.

Prices are really getting out of control. People on fixed incomes must be really stressed as well as families. I am thankful to be able to buy what I need but it is still sticker shock.

Have a good day.

pickle roast tomorrow.
What is a pickle roast, please? I've never heard of that one!

Good morning all. After our beautiful day yesterday, it's raining again today. Temps are going to be mid 40's most of the week, but the nights are going to be in the 20s again.

I don't know why I was so tired last night. I think there was just too much on my mind trying to make sure we thought of everything we needed and wanted for the bathroom. Dave kept getting me confused. I had a list I wanted to stick to, with model #'s, pictures on my phone, prices, etc., and he kept pointing out all kinds of other things that he liked, lol. It's not his bathroom, he already did the one in his house and his 'wife, not wife's' house. That's the strangest situation. They've been together for about 40 years, yet have separate houses. They never got married legally, but he calls her his wife anyhow, I guess common law applies?

I did manage to watch the first horse races of the season and got through 1 more Mayfair Witch episode. Then we caught up on Jeopardy shows for the week. I called it a night early but tossed and turned until 2 am again. I'm going to take a nap while he's watching football. He requested meatloaf for dinner tonight. I haven't made one in a while, so I have to get that ready. Going to bake potatoes and acorn squash at the same time.

Today is the last 2 playoff games before the Super Bowl. I am so ready for the season to be over. I am rooting for the Bengals to win their game and the 49'ers for the other.

Have a great Sunday, I'll check in again later to see what's new with everyone.

R (6).jpg

Good Sunday morning Quackers.

@Snowysmom very sorry to hear that things with Kenny did not go so well at his meeting. Such a frustrating time.

@lynxstch I get having too many choices and wanting to stick to what you already have picked out.

@Pea-n-Me Glad to hear Toto is doing better and that you are on the mend.

@tazdev3225 Such sad news for your friend and her family.

@AuntieMe3 Glad to hear Miss Dolly is doing better. Just a thought, have you ever considered an invisible fence? We have had them for our dogs for years and they are wonderful. Also hope your husband continues to get used to his machine and gets better rest.

I too am curious about pickle roast.

Looking at the forecast it seems they have taken the "deep freeze" out of picture for next week. Today and tomorrow are going to be very cold but then it looks like back up to high 20s to mid 30s for the rest of the week, which, for February is pretty normal, dare I say even "nice". I know it can change on a dime though.

I don't have much to report. I think I am taking 3 of the kids along with my niece and maybe sister-in-law to a town about 40 minutes away to either ice-skate or go to a Children's Museum then eat a late lunch/early supper. We will prob be home in time for the Chief vs. Bengals game. @footballmouse, my boys are Chiefs fans, but they don't even seem to be holding out much hope for the game. We shall see. I'm not too vested either way. I would like to see the 49ers win today, only because we have a very small "6 degrees of separation" thing with one of their players.

FH continues to stress me out and I continue to have no backbone. I know I need to put my foot down, but I am so very worried about what the courts will say. I have said it a thousand times and I will say it a thousand more, there definitely needs to be more guidance when they put the word "flexible" in a temporary order. It can be taken so many different ways and who knows what any particular judge on the day of court will see it. I sadly know that even once this is legally settled, he will most likely continue to be a pain in my rear. I just pray that once there is a more solid legal ruling some things will settle and he will back off a bit.

I do want to specify that when I say my son is doing well in school, I mean he's handing in his work/making an effort and not causing issues...that is all I am asking from him at this point...passing grades and good behavior. School has never been his "thing" and this mess has only made it worse. His teachers that I have talked to have said he has been good about not acting out and trying to focus on work, so that makes me glad. He's been a real tough case at home, but I think some of that comes from "keeping it together" at school and when he gets home he is "done". @footballmouse , I am sorry your middle son had such a hard adjustment when you went through your divorce. I hope that has he's gotten older things have gotten better for him. It scares me a lot to think of how much this is going to actually have bearing on their lives as adults. I know kids are resilient, yet I know this will cause issues for years and years to come, esp. when it comes to their future relationships and what they look for in a partner and how they treat one in return. I am really scared my boys will treat their girlfriends like their dad treated/treats me. I know he is much better with TT and how he treats her in front of them( or I assuming he is, but I guess I don't really know), so maybe they will see that and also see that how he treated me was so very wrong. I am afraid my youngest daughter will be a pushover to guys because she just wants to make everyone happy. My oldest, I worry about her too, but she already has a pretty good head on her shoulders and can see from FHs and I relationship what is good and what isn't. Plus she can see (and hopefully the others do too, I just don't know if they are old enough see it now) healthy relationships in my parents, and their aunts and uncles marriages along with one of her very good friends parents.

Ok, enough rambling for now. Everyone take care, stay warm, and remember to be kind to yourselves. I think we all forget to give ourselves grace.

Good Morning everyone,

Pea, that is such wonderful news that Toto is feeling better, praise God indeed! Champ often had allergies that were skin related. Grandma used to bathe him at times using Avon's Skin So Soft! 🙏for Toto to continue to get well and always for you to heal as well, my friend!

Smart 🐈PollyannaMom! Enjoy being cozy and watching 📺today.
Snowysmom, :scared1:to prices! Dad and I are on a fixed budget which sure does make current prices more of a challenge. We are beyond blessed to be able to get what we do need. $6 for eggs the other day was just crazy! I truly pray you are also able to get needed food and other supplies as are all of you dear Quackers. Have a good time with your grandkids.

Lynn, you just please get more good 🛌Take care!

Footballmouse and Frog, enjoy your upcoming 🏈games!

:grouphug:extra to you Frog.

Dad is soon off to Pavilions before the 🌧️I'm soon going to watch online worship. I will check back in later. Love to all.

Good afternoon.

LJ's party is today and a welcome distraction after hearing about my friend's and his husband. He was granted FMLA so that is a good thing and they are listing their home again to get a one floor house. I am hoping I can see them in June when I am in DIsney but of course that will depend on how things are going. He has opted for the treatment to get the extra months. I just hope they are a good quality.

I will be watching the playoffs at the party. We are all Eagles fans here so obviously hope for a win. I want the Chiefs to win too for a couple of reasons. The biggest one is I want to see the Kelce brothers in the same game. They have a great podcast and a very good relationship/rivalry. We shall see,

Have a good afternoon

:grouphug:extra Taz and continuing prayers on your friend. :bday:to der LJ. Have a wonderful time at his party! May being there soothe your soul and bring extra joy to your spirit, my friend.

I loved today's worship service. One of the Hymns is my favorite perhaps of all Holy, Holy, Holy. Says it all so simply and beautifully! Praise be always in all ways to God! May each of you dear friends know extra this day He is with you and He loves you!

What is a pickle roast, please? I've never heard of that one!

I was wondering that too!

I do sometimes marinate chicken in the juice when we've finished a jar of pickles, and I wondered if it was similar.

Ok - so I drop a roast - venison, pork, chicken breasts, beef in the crock pot. Dump large jar of dill pickles & juice over it - crock pot for 8 hours, and that's it! It makes GREAT lunch meat during the week - and a great dinner, too. Infused with the flavors of the pickle juice - but not in your face. This time around I actually marinated the roast in a half of a bottle of pickle vodka....it's been living in the liquor cabinet for forever. I think one of the boys brought it over - anyway. Who the hell is drinking that gross crap?!?! Not us, but it's perfect for a marinade. This is the first time we've marinated ahead of time, so we will see how it tastes.

Just dropped in to say GO BENGALS!!! Who Dey!!
Chiefs/Eagles family here! I expect to hear a lot of yelling at the TV soon for the next several hours!
FH continues to stress me out and I continue to have no backbone. I know I need to put my foot down, but I am so very worried about what the courts will say. I have said it a thousand times and I will say it a thousand more, there definitely needs to be more guidance when they put the word "flexible" in a temporary order.
Just a thought - have the instances of you being flexible and acquiescing to HIS requests been documented? AS in - are there texts or emails backing this up? If so - you should give him a taste of his own medicine - if it's documented and he refuses your request for flexibility on YOUR behalf then that will make him look rather unyielding and selfish in front of the judge.
We are all Eagles fans here so obviously hope for a win. I want the Chiefs to win too for a couple of reasons. The biggest one is I want to see the Kelce brothers in the same game. They have a great podcast and a very good relationship/rivalry.
My son is a massive Eagles fan, my husband is a Chiefs fan. Either way I think we will have a good Superbowl....but what do it know!

Cool and rainy outside. Got a fire going and about to chill out for remainder of afternoon.

Good evening.

My Eagles look like they are on the way to the Superbowl. This city will be crazy tonight. I miss living with my parents at times like this. The major intersection near their house goes crazy with fans, My dad and I always went up to check it out. I'm sure my daughter will head down with the boys.

LJ's party was very nice but I had to leave early. There were 2 seafood dishes and I didn't realize it until too late they I had eaten some of it. I broke out in hives and started feeling a little off. Thankfully my daughter checked and said she thinks I should be fine with the Benadryl but I need to get a doctor now so it is noted on my records. I had to go to the store on the way home to get some Benadryl. I only took one capsule and the hives are subsiding a bit. I had a reaction once before, a couple of years ago, but seemed to be OK after that. I guess my days of shrimp and scallops are over. I will try and find a primary care doctor though because I probably need to get an Epipen.

I did get a picture of LJ but I'll post it tomorrow. It's on my phone and I need to send it to the laptop. Just not feeling up to it right now.

Have a good night everyone and thank you for the prayers for Vinny and Scott. They have a long road ahead of them.

Great point, Easy to Frog, ITA. Enjoy watching 🏈 and your warm fire, too!

:hug:Taz, I "liked" your post for celebrating LJ, of course, and that you got to do that. Yikes! I'm so sorry about the allergic reaction you had! Please take care of yourself!

Have a good rest of the afternoon and evening everyone.

that is such wonderful news that Toto is feeling better, praise God indeed! Champ often had allergies that were skin related. Grandma used to bathe him at times using Avon's Skin So Soft! 🙏for Toto to continue to get well and always for you to heal as well, my friend!
It’s interesting because he was at the groomer and the kennel and he’s had this issue before, so it was hard to say if he picked something up or if it was his own stress that caused his immune system to lower so that he couldn’t fight whatever it was off. Grady didn’t get anything and he was in both places, too, so that makes it likely that it could be stress or age related for Toto. At any rate, we were bathing him with medicated soap and thought he was getting better, but his skin infection progressed to other areas. Poor guy. He was trying to keep up with everything but I could tell he was slow to get up and go out and such. At any rate, so glad he’s back to himself and next time (if there is one) I’ll know what to do. The vet had said last time “he can’t be on antibiotics all the time” (which I agree with) so I was trying to avoid that. On a side note, the vet said she loves Toto - even in the shape he was in, and what she had to do to him (penile flush :scared:) he was all wiggly every time she came in the room. He’s such a good little guy.
Just a thought - have the instances of you being flexible and acquiescing to HIS requests been documented? AS in - are there texts or emails backing this up? If so - you should give him a taste of his own medicine - if it's documented and he refuses your request for flexibility on YOUR behalf then that will make him look rather unyielding and selfish in front of the judge.
This is brilliant. Yes, frog, might this be a way you can take some of your power back? :goodvibes Document everything! Keep folders with texts and notes to yourself. Sending prayers for you and your family. 🙏🏻

We have french onion chicken in the oven, and it smells so good. Never got around to making it yesterday. Tomorrow doing (thin) pork cutlets the same way we did the chicken cutlets last week, with sweet potato and string beans. I also have chicken to make a chicken tortilla soup at some point this week. Everyone ate breakfast out today (DD went with her bf to eat and they got mani/pedis, his first, lol; and DH and DS take their ride with the dogs for sightseeing/weather and condition spotting along the water) but I slept late. DH made me a nice egg sandwich when he got home, it was so good, with ham and cheese, yum.

The dogs had a great time in the yard while DH filled in some of the holes that Grady dug. Grady is now bringing the ball back which is good. I don’t think he ever played with a ball before he came to us, he didn’t know what to do, so he’s slowly but surely been getting the idea. We couldn’t find the dog biscuits we give them anywhere anymore, I got some on Amazon but the price was way up and it’s going to take over a week to get them. I had a quiet day with an afternoon nap and I did my own mani/pedi. I picked up a little nail thing at WalMart for $10 it’s surprisingly good quality. It’s one of those things that you put the piece in and it spins, so it does filing, cuticles and dremeling. Glad I got it.

Have a good evening, everyone! 🐥

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter