Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

:hug:PollyannaMom, I'm very glad and relieved to hear you are going wirh a new dryer especially in light of what just happened wirh your current one. Safety first indeed!

:cheer2:Snowysmom. I am so happy to read the inspection is over and went so well, too. Praise God! Also grateful for your coworker. Take a breath and try to remember that everything does not have to be done now or simultaneously either. One step at a time!

Enjoy more of your🛳️dear Bobbiwoz! Aw, God Bless Tom! Prayers the two of you are having a fantastic time!

You just stay warm and take care, Easyas:hug:

Cookies are about to go into the oven. Apartment feels warmer and sweeter, lol, already.

Thinking extra of you Carol, Frog, Dazed, Kirby, and any other Quackers who I may have inadvertently missed. I do keep Sparkle, Canadisney Fly, DisneyMommyMichelle, and, of course, Tina in prayer, too.

Have a great rest of the afternoon everyone.

It got to 46 today, but it's cooling off fast, and clouds are moving in. The stores were packed, but I got in and out fairly quickly. Stopped at the little store over the PA line and got jumbo eggs for $3.99, so I grabbed 2 of them. They have already cancelled school for tomorrow in most of the area here and in WV.

Mona, I'm feeling better thank you!

@bobbiwoz enjoy the cruise!

@Snowysmom glad the inspection went well

@PollyannaMom -Probably much safer to go with a new dryer!

Dave called me this morning and we talked about the bathroom fixtures. He's going to hook up his trailer and we are going to go to Lowes Thursday or Friday. It says they have the tub, tub surround and toilet in stock. The fan/light/heater I have to have delivered as well as the vanity, but we're nowhere near ready to start, so I can wait a few weeks to get them. The other 3 are major items that I want to have here when ready

Dinner is going to be salad and garlic naan pizza

Have a nice evening.

Enjoying your pictures Judique!

Our nasty weather did not appear. We had a light rain all day long which we really needed.

My White Chicken Chili Soup Mix actually turned out pretty good. It's made by Twisted Pepper Co. They provide the seasonings and you provide the rest, chicken, water, white beans and chilies.

Mona Glad your cookies turned out well.

Kirby Chicken chili sounds good. I have a recipe for the instapot I will have to try.

Lynn Glad you are feeling better. I hope all your house renovations go well.

@PollyannaMom om A new dryer sounds like the best decision.

Good morning. It is cold and we are expecting rain and snow later today. I hope to get in a couple of walks first. I feel like I have been signing my life away with the paperwork for the condo. I called the fire dept to get a smoke detector certificate. They come by and check them out. I hope to have a bit of a break soon so I can just have a couple of days to breathe before I write out my life of things to do.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Happy Hump Day!:cold:

Working from home today, bad weather was predicted yesterday for today so everyone in the office is staying home. Yesterday the schools were calling off for today. We ended up just getting a little snow but we got the rain and ice 🌧️❄️. I'll head out later and throw some salt down.

Nothing else going on, guess I'll get back to work. Have a great day! :wave:

Good snowy morning. They had cancelled schools before dinnertime yesterday. It just started snowing about 20 minutes ago. Started as very light flurries, has turned into a steady snowfall and the ground is already covered. They are calling for 2-4, mixing with sleet and then turning to rain. Just enough to make a mess. But makes me glad that I did errands yesterday.
I am going to take today to write, watch Bachelor-I love Zach, I hope he finds true love this time. I'm also going to spend time at Lowes online, take pictures of the things we want, write down model and stock #'s etc, so we don't have to spend so much time in the store trying to gather everything.

@Snowysmom Take a deep breath. Try to take everything involving the condo sale and the move one step at a time. Don't work yourself up like you did when you were searching for that one. You now know what you really want and what you don't, and you will have the time to find it.

Have a nice day everyone

R (6).jpg

We're supposed to get a bit of snow here, but "little to no accumulation" if AccuWeather is correct.

I hope it is, as I pick up the twins from school today. - I want to run a couple of errands on the way over there, and then I'll be driving home in the dark later, so less snow is good.

I picked up a new library book yesterday to read to them - Pippi Longstocking. Anyone else remember it fondly?

I took a spill on a sheet of ice yesterday in a parking lot. Broke my fall with my arm as I did not want to hit my head and wind up with another concussion. Closed down Urgent Care last night. Lots of XRays (I think about 12). Wound up in a wrist splint and sling but thankfully nothing broken. Doctor said, “Just because nothing’s broken doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt”. So bruised and sore today. Taking it easy. 🤕

I took a spill on a sheet of ice yesterday in a parking lot. Broke my fall with my arm as I did not want to hit my head and wind up with another concussion. Closed down Urgent Care last night. Lots of XRays (I think about 12). Wound up in a wrist splint and sling but thankfully nothing broken. Doctor said, “Just because nothing’s broken doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt”. So bruised and sore today. Taking it easy. 🤕
Oh, I'm so sorry! (Glad nothing is broken and you didn't hit your head, but sorry everything hurts.) Take it easy and don't hesitate to ask if you need anything.

Doctor said, “Just because nothing’s broken doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt”

I'm imagining what dialog you had running thru your head when you heard that!

Still, jokes aside - I hope it's not causing you to much discomfort going forward. Falling is always a concern of mine in icy weather.

Good morning everyone. Got my folks dropped off at PHL and got back to the office about a hour ago. Nail appt. this afternoon at 5, and a pit stop at Kohls to make a return will round out my evening.

:grouphug: @Pea-n-Me . Glad you didn't get hurt any worse!

So who's right? The weatherman, or the actual weather. We have 4" and it's stopped snowing. Sun is trying hard to break through the clouds. But they just changed us to a winter storm warning. predicting 7" of snow, then ice?? It must be warming up a little since I see clumps of snow falling off the trees. I shoveled a path to the shed, around the house, and did the steps earlier, and it's heavy snow. I will do the same parts later, but the rest is going to sit there and melt. We are supposed to get into the '50s this weekend. All I can say about it is that it's pretty, lol.

Summer had to drive to Fairmont today to pick up her husband from where the work van left them. Normally takes 1 1/2 hours, today it took her 3.

I just cleared 1/2 of the driveway, the plow had dumped about 8" of crap at the end of it. I didn't want that freezing tonight. It's already starting to melt out there, so I am going to let it sit for a while, and see if the rest needs to be cleared or not.

Last edited:
🛍️🖥️Good Morning everyone,

Chilly Wednesday here. I enjoyed some hot chocolate earlier with breakfast. I'm so ready for more! Dad is currently :car:to his two financial appointments in Glendale. I am truly hoping he will stay home tomorrow. Grateful to God that we are both continuing to get all well.

Snowysmom, ITA with Lynn's wise words. I'm also thankful you now have firsthand experience of what you're looking for in a condo and living community as well. Take time to explore areas and please do remember to check out community centers, senior centers, churches, along with stores you would be shopping at. Get a feel of neighborhood while establishing an early positive, I pray, connection to the area. You can do it, my friend!:grouphug:

So glad you are able to work from 🏠Footballmouse. ❄️Sounds like a wonderful day to be snug inside!

Lynn, I'm also so grateful to hear the only 🛍️
that you'll be doing today will be from home on your 🖥️Enjoy more writing time, too. It is wonderful that you are enjoying creative writing so much!

Pollyannamom, please be very careful 🚗later. I am not a fan of driving in the dark or a storm! Thank you always for your care and love to the twins. Enjoy your 📕I'm not sure I ever did read Pippi Longstocking. I should add it to my ever growing Library saved list. Today definitely feels like a wonderful day to read a favorite children's book. Enjoy, my friend.

I'm sure sorry to hear that, dear Pea:grouphug:How awful and scary, too :( Keeping you in extra prayer, my friend. Please take care! Know, of course, always we all care! Indeed how thankful to God I am that you weren't hurt more. Of course, you know, I'm just sorry you were hurt period!

Safe travels home ✈️ folks, Easyas. I hope your Kohls return goes smoothly. I so look forward to being able to shop there one day!

Please take care and stay safe and warm, everyone. I will check back later.

Pollyannamom, please be very careful 🚗later. I am not a fan of driving in the dark or a storm! Thank you always for your care and love to the twins. Enjoy your 📕I'm not sure I ever did read Pippi Longstocking. I should add it to my ever growing Library saved list. Today definitely feels like a wonderful day to read a favorite children's book. Enjoy, my friend.
Their dad's afternoon meeting got cancelled, so I didn't have to pick them up today after all.

Pea-n-me Sorry about your fall. Take care and I hope you recover quickly. It is the thin layer of ice that will get you every time.

Still signing my life away with the condo. I have started to pack up a few things I am taking to Kenny's this weekend. I have a plan to do a little bit each day so I don't get too overwhelmed. My closets already look a little bit less cluttered. Thankfully I did not get them too out of control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter