Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Checking in! Thank you so much for all of your good thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate them! ❤️

I am still pretty sore and yes, bruised! I can only lift my arm up halfway right now, so I’ve really just been taking it easy. I also had a pajama day the other day and it was nice! They took me out of work so that was good, too. I keep going over in my mind how it happened and it all happened so fast, i had no way to stop it once it started, lol. I did have to go to the store and fill out some paperwork and take pictures of the area where it happened, etc. They should’ve had some salt or something on the ground, but didn’t, even later in the day. My insurance company will have to hash it out with theirs as far as the medical bills go, I guess. (Not sure how that works with my sick time.) They did tell me that a lot of people were coming in complaining it was very slippery in the parking lot. Someone dropped the ball, I suppose. The XRay tech told me she’d been seeing a lot of slip and fall injuries that day, too. Be extra careful out there when it’s icy!

Not much else going on. Trying to figure out what to have for dinner. I’ve been using up what we have, but probably have to get a few groceries. I just can’t decide what to make. Probably something other than soup or stew. I have a ham I could do. We’ll see. 🐥

I hope you don't need to make that :car:
Honestly, I don't mind. An hour or two in the car is standard procedure here where it takes that long to get to any major place!
I am still pretty sore and yes, bruised! I can only lift my arm up halfway right now, so I’ve really just been taking it easy. I also had a pajama day the other day and it was nice!
Glad you are able to take it easy. I'm thinking that Sunday may be a day to lay low and indulge in a 'pajama' day for me! We are removing a wardrobe from our bedroom and transitioning into just using the two closets which requires some purging and a lot of closet clean up/out, so I'll dress casual for that chore!

Glad you don't mind the drive, Easyas. You are on the road a lot. I'm glad you may have a pajama day to look forward to :)

PollyannaMom and AuntieMe3, Lynn for Don, I believe, too, prayers all of your loved ones that use CPAP machines find comfort and better sleep through them indeed!

It's not yet 1pm here and feels later maybe because it's chilly for me. Dad, thank God, is safely home. Footballmouse, thinking of your earlier share, I realized that dad has an eye exam appointment on Monday morning. We shall see what the weather is doing as far as his keeping the appointment. Grateful he's home now and should be staying home all day tomorrow, too.

Have a good rest of the afternoon everyone.

Pea Glad you are feeling a bit better and don't have to work for a while. Slipping on ice is so quick and so easy to do.

AuntieMe3 Glad Dolly is learning to be a good girl.

@flyingdumbo127 I would find looking for kitchen things to be interesting. But, I don't have much going on so anything to keep me busy would be nice. I hope you find things you like.

I ran around all afternoon getting documents notarized and then sending them priority mail. That was my fun after work today. I did get a pepper and onion pizza to have for suppers this weekend. A glass of wine tonight will be nice and relaxing. I have not heard from Kenny yet but he has the kids starting this afternoon so he probably picked them up at school and is busy with them. I see him tomorrow at Jeff's.

Have a nice evening.

I spent a lazy day. Did get the floors washed, and a load of laundry done. And quite a bit of writing. I hadn't heard from Dave, so just called him. He plows for the state, and spent 20 hours plowing the last 2 days. Unless something comes up tomorrow, we will be going to Lowes. We will get whatever they have in stock that's on my list, and see if they can order the rest, or I will order it online to be delivered here. I just hate to take a chance of having a cracked toilet or vanity delivered and then have to schlep it back to the store to be reordered anyhow.

I plan on being in bed early. The last 2 nights I couldn't sleep and got maybe 3 1/2 hours sleep each night.

Have a nice evening all

Thanks, Snowysmom. I do enjoy looking for needed items and trying, I pray, to save dad and I money while doing so. We are blessed indeed to be able to get anything these days especially with prices ever-increasing/ Dad's Ralph's trip this morning sure added up in a hurry. He paid $5.99 for eggs which I believe is "cheap" in some ways:scared1: I just looked up our Land O Lakes Unsalted Butter and see the cheapest price for that is Pavilions for $7.99. good thing we don't use all that much butter. I truly hope you enjoyed your 🍕my friend and have a relaxing evening, too!

🙏that you at last enjoy some good sleep, dear Lynn🛌

:grouphug:PollyannaMom, Kirby, and all of my dear Quacker family! Sweet Dreams, friends.

Attachments

• sweet dreams.jpg
    sweet dreams.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 0
Good Morning. Cloudy morning here, around 31. I plan on taking my first walk of the day in a bit. Then Target for bins and some light packing up of items. Off to Jeff's where we are all getting together today. Kenny and I are going to talk today. I just hope and pray yesterday went well with the meeting with attorneys and they were able to get everything resolved. That will make next week's court date easier. My agent is sending cards to people who live in the condo complex she really likes to see if anyone is thinking of selling soon. She is really working hard to find something and I truly appreciate her. The real estate agent I had to sell my house and buy this condo was good with selling the house but I had to find the condos to look at and he only came with me on 3 because there weren't any open houses I could go to myself. I am hoping things come on the market now that the holidays are done.

Prices sure are going up. I hate to go to the store. I never get out of one without speeding at least $50 and I don't buy alot. I do like the farm stand as I can buy alot of fruits and veggies at good prices. There is a farm stand out Kenny's way that he says is good too. Butter is something that takes me a long time to go through thankfully. I buy eggs once a month as I usually have 3 a week. Last time they were 4.99 a dozen. I really don't know how families do it. I know Kenny is shopping at Market Basket and buying store brands. He says they are really good and much less expensive. I will have to try them too.

Have a good Saturday.

Happy Saturday!:flower:

Unusual for me to be on here on a weekend but I'm bored at work and I'm so tired. Ate some yogurt and then had my peanut butter crackers that I was going to eat around 10:30, that was a fail.:(

AuntieMe3 - those sleep masks take a little time getting used to. I know the first night I wore mine, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to breath if I kept my mouth shut all night. Hopefully he can adjust quickly and start getting a decent night's sleep 😴. Did they tell him how many times he was "up" in an hour? Mine was unbelievable.

Don't forget if your football team's season is over, cheer on the Bengals this Sunday.:cheer2:🏈

That's it, have a great day! :wave:

Good morning all. 45 now and heading for 50 with full sun. A cold spell moving in again next week.
I fell asleep at 11 last night but woke up at 3. Had a hard time falling back to sleep. I think it was 5 when I did and woke up at 7. At least it's more than the last 2 nights.
Don is the big egg eater around here, but even he's been using a lot less of them. As for butter, we rarely use it. I have 3 lbs in the freezer, which should last me month. I bought it when it was on sale for $2.99 a lb.

I have to go strip and remake the bed and feed the cats. Just waiting for a phone call from Dave to see what time we are leaving for Lowes.

Have a great day all!

ef6f916266190cc9d4cc2aea7b8ddcd0.png

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Saturday!

Chilly morning here. I did so enjoy my morning small cup of cocoa. Lol, I could drink that stuff by the gallons right now. Quiet Saturday. Dad, thank God, will be staying home. I'm going to work on putting pictures/cards into our scrapbooks and getting some mail ready, too. Reminder, I would always be happy to send one of you some happy mail just PM me :)

🙏that all of you stay warm this day and of course, well, too. I will check back in later. Lynn, please get some extra rest!

Just a quick hello but I need to ask for prayers for a friend.

I don't want to give too much info to respect their privacy but one of my first friends I made here on the DIS just texted me some horrible news. His husband has been diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer and it's an aggressive cancer. He has been given a year to 18 months to live at most with treatment. I am numb,

On a happier note, LJ is 2 today, where has the time gone, and my grandson was offered a new job that is steady work, has great benefits and has room to grow. It's not what he wanted to do with his life, but my daughter's husband got him in and my SIL makes good money. With hard work Jay can too.

I am so happy for Jay and so sad for my friend.

Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning...we went a friend's last night for dinner and some karaoke. :laughing: I would never do it in public but it's one our favorite things to do with our friends. We got home pretty late but, of course, I was up early with Miss Dolly so hoping to take a nap later. Going to Home Depot today to pick up paint because we still haven't done that. :sad2: Our friend offered to come help me paint this week so it will be finish by next weekend.

Thanks for the thoughts for DHs coworker. It was nothing serious thankfully and he'll be back to work on Monday.
I'm shocked they told the guy to drive
We were too...he isn't from the area either so he had to find the nearest hospital. If it was so serious, they thought he needed the ER, they should've called an ambulance. They call them all the time when I've been there.

An hour or two in the car is standard procedure here where it takes that long to get to any major place!
Same where we live. We always use to say we were two hours from everything...
2 hours to Los Angeles, 2 hours to San Diego, a little over 2 hours to Vegas. LOL So driving has never been a problem for me.

Prices sure are going up
It sure is...I haven't really noticed the increase until these last two shopping trips. I went to the store on Thursday and got stuff for 3 meals, no extra except a bag of doritos, it was way over $100. I shop by price so store brand or name brand doesn't matter for most things as long as it's cheaper. We could get take out for 3 meals less than that.

AuntieMe3 - those sleep masks take a little time getting used to. I know the first night I wore mine, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to breath if I kept my mouth shut all night. Hopefully he can adjust quickly and start getting a decent night's sleep 😴. Did they tell him how many times he was "up" in an hour? Mine was unbelievable.
He slept much better last night and that was with drinks with dinner 😄 which usually makes him really restless. They told him he was extreme but I can't remember the exact number of times. I also have sleep apnea but it's moderate and they gave me time to decide between a oral appliance and a CPAP, I told them I would think about it and kind of forgot. LoL I sent a message to the sleep center yesterday about getting a machine though. I was "up" 18 times an hour and I think DH was way more than that. The reason they requested the sleep study was because he had a colonoscopy not to long ago and I guess he stopped breathing alot during the procedure and they had to give him oxygen, which I guess they don't normally need to do. :oops:

At least it's more than the last 2 nights.
Glad you got a little more sleep and I hope tonight is even better.

I need to ask for prayers for a friend.
I'm so sorry for your friends. Sending prayers for them.

@flyingdumbo127 Hope you stay warm tomorrow and Monday...our next storm is supposed to be cold compared to the last one, not as much rain though which is good.

@Pea-n-Me Hope hope you're feeling better, not as sore today.

Hope you all have a good day....It took quite awhile to type this all out so i think I'm ready for my nap now. LoL

AuntieMe3, I'm so glad your DH did sleep well last night and pray, of course, you were able to rest more peacefully, too knowing he was! As I have been saying, how ready I am for :sunny:Get some rest, my friend, and may your shopping at Home Depot go smoothly, too!

Wishing everyone a good and warm afternoon!

4 hours later---We came home with the tub and faucets for the sink and the tub/shower. Had them order the toilet and vanity. They will be in by Feb 3, Dave will go and pick them up. I came home and attempted to order the right tub surround thing. I ordered the one that said it was 32", only to find out that it was actually 31.31, and wasn't the right one. Spent 20 min with an online chat agent, to get them to cancel that one, and find the one that actually goes with that tub. I just ordered that and it will be here on Feb 6. Dave said I would be crazy by the time we were done remodeling, and he was right, I'm already crazy, lol

Priced the drywall and plywood while there, plywood came down $25 a sheet. He will pick up that stuff too. We looked at tiles, and they have plenty of the one I wanted in stock, but he wants me to look on home depot site and see if there's anythjng I like better. If I do, we'll take a ride to Hagerstown next week and get them.

That will only leave paint, plumbing supplies, and stuff like grout, dry wall tape, screws etc. and then Labor cost, lol

Its sunny and 55 degrees outside. I am going out to take a walk and clear my head.

Have a nice afternoon everyone

@lynxstch, I loved that picture! Sorry you are still not sleeping well.

@tazdev3225, :bday: to LJ. - The years really do fly! I'm so sorry about your friend. :hug:

Quite the day here. I woke up this morning to the house being 50 degrees. :cold:

I turned on the gas fireplace (Thank goodness we have that!) and we survived the morning. The HVAC guys just left, and it was thankfully an easy fix (though $211 for a weekend service call).

Nothing like everything going at once, huh? (See my dryer thread.:rotfl2:)
https://www.disboards.com/forums/community-board.33/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter