Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning. Thinking of everyone in need of thoughts of prayers.

It is 49 degrees here and raining. I hope the snow melts so the walkways are clear again. I so miss walking all around the complex, not just on the main sidewalks. The weekend is supposed to be decent. I hope it stays that way. I am going to Jeff's house tomorrow and Kenny and his kids are coming too. Then Sunday I will go to Kenny's. He is taking the kids to the Ecotarium in Worcester so I will tag along. I need to fit in condo cleaning and some work along with errands. I also want to pack up a few more things each day.

Off to work. In the office today. We have a team holiday party tonight at a local restaurant. We were waiting for our long distance team member to come to town. Since it is just down the street from my condo I have to make an appearance. Not a party person even with just apps and drinks. Have a good day.

Good Thursday morning all!:cold:

Back in the office today :(. I have a skin study that I qualified for that I have to go to this afternoon so I'm only working a 1/2 day. I say that I qualified for the study but I actually just made it past the first phase, today I'll go so they can look at my facial skin, if it's what they're looking for then I'll make it on the study. I'm really hoping I make it on the study, this one pays $450, that will pay for my hotel on vacation.🤞

Caught up on all my recorded shows yesterday. I'm really liking that Will Trent detective show. I watched a couple of new ones, The Accused and then Missing Persons Unit. I'll give them a chance but we'll see.

I caved last night and ordered spaghetti from the local pizza place. Yesterday would have been the perfect day to play around with the air fryer but I was being very lazy, didn't even get out of my pj's and slippers the entire day :crazy: (yes, this is what my hair looked like all day). At least there was enough food for dinner last night and tonight.

Back to work, way too many people walking past my desk. Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning. lol @footballmouse, that's what my hair looks like this morning. I plan on staying in my pj's all day today.

Some of the snow melted already, at least where I had shoveled, but now we have high winds, gusting to 45 mph.
I haven't caught up with many shows this week, not even Bachelor. Haven't seen Will Trent yet either. I am trying to cut back my tv viewing and have taken quite a few shows off my 'must-see' list.

I wanted to wash the kitchen floor and rugs today, but as long as there's still snow, which is creating mud when melting, it's kind of pointless. My back is still sore from shoveling, and my bad knee is aching this morning. It used to be my weather barometer, but a couple of years ago, it stopped doing it, and my good knee started, lol.

Have a nice Thursday morning all.

wp9272361.jpg

Good Morning Everyone,

Quiet thread so far. :grouphug:Extra to all in need. Pea, many prayers you are doing better this morning.

Snowysmom, have fun with your grandkids at the Ecotarium. I will have to Google. PollyannaMom, I love that you have also visited there and taken your son for a sleepover, how fun. I never did anything like that as a kid.

Lynn, pajamas all day and being cozy=a fantastic plan. Enjoy my friend!

Continuing prayers that you get better rest, Footballmouse! Thinking of you.

Happy Thursday to all. I will check back in later.

Lynn Maybe a bit of a chill day is the best idea for you. Rest your back and your knee.

I have been in paperwork purgatory today. The admin staff in the condo office is not overly responsive. They are trying to tell me I have to fill out paperwork for the buyer's lender. My agent tells me I am not supposed to have anything to do with the form other than send it to the office. So I called twice, left a copy of the form in their mailbox, and called again to ask them to fill it out and fax it to the bank. My time is worth something. I also have alot of paperwork to get notarized for the sale so I have to print that out and bring it to my bank to get notarized tomorrow. Then stand in line at the post office to send it to the attorney via express mail. I am thinking about treating myself to something delicious tomorrow, not the usual salad or wrap. I need a bit of a treat. Pizza may be a good choice. Then I have meals for the weekend.

The snow is mostly melted here except for the big piles of snow the plow pushed aside. I got to walk on my usual paths which I like.

Have a good evening. Off to the work get together in a bit.

:hug:Snowysmom, please do take a break from paper and other work! Absolutely treat yourself to something tasty this weekend, too! Great idea🍕🍪

I'm making dad's birthday card and will then wrap up his gifts so everything will be done ahead of time for next weekend. Otherwise, all is quiet on the LA front. I hope each of you are having a good Thursday!

I took a spill on a sheet of ice yesterday in a parking lot. Broke my fall with my arm as I did not want to hit my head and wind up with another concussion. Closed down Urgent Care last night. Lots of XRays (I think about 12). Wound up in a wrist splint and sling but thankfully nothing broken. Doctor said, “Just because nothing’s broken doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt”. So bruised and sore today. Taking it easy. 🤕
My first reaction was :scared1:, you broke your arm. Then I re-read what you said. So glad nothing is broken. Prayers for healing and quick recovery.

This is the first day this winter that I can't seem to get warm. And it's not that cold outside, just in the 50's daytime. Tonight is a little better but it will drop down into the 30's.

Dinner tonight was my quick Lasagna recipe and a salad.

Hello to all.

@Snowysmom paperwork can be such a nightmare, I hope you can get it all filled out and to the right place(s) without too much more stress. Thinking too of Kenny and his appointment tomorrow.

@Pea-n-Me I am glad to hear nothing is broke, but am guessing the Dr. is right, you are probably still pretty sore. Hope you have a bit of a stretch where you are not working so you can rest up and heal.

Things here have not been the best. I don't want to go into too much detail, but let's just say FH has made life pretty miserable the last few days. To add to it, my youngest has been sick the last 3 days, but was finally acting like himself this afternoon and into tonight. My oldest son has been nothing short of a awful with me the last few days. I talked to two of his teachers today and they said he's been doing well at school, as far as working harder and getting his assignments in, so that makes me happy.

I don't know much else. I think there is a chance we may get a bit of snow overnight, but otherwise, they have taken most of the snow out of the forecast for the weekend. Just north of us though is supposed to get at least of couple of inches. Next week it sounds like we will be in the deep freeze.

@frog3101 Thinking of you. It does make me angry FH is still saying things to the kids and making your life miserable. I don't understand why. Glad your son is doing well in school. :grouphug: Thank you for thinking of my son. I am bit nervous about how this is going to go today and Wed. At least he can have a good weekend of being with his kids and the family.

@Pea-n-Me I hope you are a little less sore today and don't have to work any time soon. Take care.

@Kirby Thinking of your son and hope all is going the best for him.

Cold morning here 31 degrees. It is supposed to be sunny today and in the 30s. I have to get papers notarized after work and then send them off to the attorney. I hope I don't see any more paperwork for a while. Close on the condo is Feb 28 with my timeline to leave April 28. I really hope a good condo comes on the market soon so I can have a path to a new place to live. The work get together was nice last night. We haven't gathered together in person since before the pandemic.

Have a good day.

Happy Friday!

Cold outside, but the sun is out, and more snow will melt today. Should all be gone by the end of the weekend.

@Snowysmom - Prayers for Kenny today that all goes well

@frog3101 - Hugs and prayers as always.

Today is dusting and vacuuming day and I pay pass the Swiffer over the kitchen

Might be going to Lowes today to look at fixtures, if I can get hold of Dave.

Have a good one

OIP (2).jpg

Good morning all.

Chilly here at 40 degrees but the sun has come out. After gray days for the last week or so it is definitely a mood lifter.

@Pea-n-Me - hope you are feeling better.

@frog3101 - I don't get why people use their children in such a horrific way. You don't want to be with someone, move on, but don't use the children as weapons. They have enough to deal with when their parents break up. My son would do that at times and I gave him what for when I heard him do it. I know his ex hurt him, BUT she is still his son's mother and he does not need to hear her being talked about in a negative way. I know it hurts you to see your kids so conflicted.

@Snowysmom - Good Luck with the condo search but take your time and find what makes YOU happy. You are stronger than you think, and I know your sons want what is best for you but choose what works for you. You are lucky that they want you to stay with them during the search process and they want to take care of you. I have this argument with my daughter at times and I know it is because she loves Jim and I and has concerns about her dad, BUT she needs to understand we are not incapable of taking care of ourselves. My parents are going to be 85 and 87 and still live independent lives. Dad doesn't drive anymore but mom still drives to VA a couple of times a year to see my brother and his family.

Ella has made her choice for High School, I would have preferred the one school but she has wanted Central HS for several years now. The dress code was a big factor in her decision as well as the academics.

Crystal has had a couple of job interviews, prayers that she gets one of them.

My hard drive came back, and it is a mess. I did lose Scotland 2019 but there is a possibility I can access the memory card. Crystal has a friend asking her old photography teacher from high school. The friend still attends the school. If I don't, I will be happy with what I got from the cloud and Facebook but, there were a couple of places we visited that meant a lot to me. I love Outlander and I was able to visit some filming locations. While I wait to hear from Crystal I have had to go through the repaired drive and what I have on the computer and the other hard drive. I am going to keep them both up to date but one will be in a protective sleeve and stored in the fireproof safe to keep as an archive in case something happens to the one. After this I need to get my printer working so I can scan the hundreds of pictures into the hard drive and archive them too. The fire a couple of blocks away made me realize how precious my memories are and losing the pictures would be harder than losing the possessions that can be replaced.

Oh well off to going through more files. Hope you all have a great day.

Happy Friday!:cold:

Working from home today but I work this weekend so no off days for me until next weekend. Just returned home from my yearly eye appointment. Everything looks good and my vision hasn't changed so no new glasses were needed.:smooth:

Threw a load of sheets in the washer, I'll clean the house sometime today.:laundy:

Going to meal prep for the weekend so I don't order out for lunch. I'm thinking of porkchops in the air fryer and then some grilled vegis. I usually take a little baby baked potato with cottage cheese to eat around 5:00, the potato is so small it's more of a snack.

Frog - glad to hear that your son is doing well in school 👏 My divorce started the downward spiral for my middle son, Jacob. He started acting out in school, grades dropped and then the suspensions started. Keep him focused on getting good grades, that will be one less thing you'll need to worry about.

Taz - I hope you're able to get the Scotland pictures back. That would leave such a pit in my stomach knowing I lost them. Fingers crossed the teacher comes through!🤞

Pea-n-Me - how are the aches coming along? Hopefully they're getting better since it's been a few days. The bruises probably look really nice though.🤕

That's it, have a great day! :wave:

Good Morning and Happy Friday,

Kirby, I read Pea's post the same way. Pea, extra morning prayers! I'm usually cold, too. I wish we lived closer together for many reasons, of course, but so we could enjoy some hot 🍫 together. I also am keeping your son in prayer.

Frog:grouphug: I will never understand how anyone can choose to treat a child callously. Just love and always extra prayers, too.

Snowysom, I'm so glad last night's get together went well. I absolutely hope you enjoy a 📝free Friday. Prayers also for your son and his kids.
:wave:Easyas to you and your :dogdance:crew. Prayers all of you are keeping well and warm.

Lynn, stay warm out there❄️ If ypu do get to Lowe's, may your 🛒smoothly.

:hug:Taz and ITA. Thank you always for being such a kind person to all the kids in your life. You make such a difference. Congratulations to Ella. Absolutely continuing prayers to her and Ella. I'm so sorry to hear about your continuing 🖼️trouble. I wish tech stuff were often a whole lot simpler. Prayers more of your photos are found.

Footballmouse, I'm so glad your eye exam went well and that you don't need new 👓

Dad will be off to do :laundy:shortly followed by Ralph's🛒It's supposed to be very cold here this weekend with possible 🌧️Dad is going to get some extra food.

Wishing each of you a cozy Friday! Stay warm, friends and well, please, too.

Happy Friday all...yesterday was a busy day for me and Dolly was so good...yay. I went to the breakfast with a friend followed by a trip to the store, I had put away groceries when I got home and get ready for my therapy appt. I took her out to run off some energy before I left and after I put the groceries away before my appt. She occupied herself beautifully while I was doing all that and during most of my (virtual)appt, when DH got home and he came and took her from the room. I'm so proud of her. She had her 2nd training session on Wed and the trainer is impressed how well she's doing and made me feel better about the whole fence jumping thing. We're trying to figure out a physical solution but her trainer thinks she'll get where she needs to be training wise before the end of our sessions, so that makes me feel better. Therapy was also really good too....I got a lot of feelings off my chest and felt lighter after.

DH was diagnosed with sleep apnea and got his machine the other day. He was having a hard time the first night but said he felt more rested than usual. Last night, he was struggling when he first went to bed, got up, took a shower and then fell asleep on the couch (without the machine) and of course, said he woke up feeling really tired again this morning, so even though he didnt think he got good sleep the first night, he realizes now he did, he just needs to get used to wearing the mask. He watched some CPAP videos the Dr recommended and said he'll wear the mask a bit off and on when he gets home from work this afternoon to try and get used to it before bed tonight. He has facial hair so he did shave his beard into a goatee and is getting a better seal than he did the first night. They told him, he wouldn't need to shave but he thinks that's why he had trouble the first night. He prefers the goatee anyway and has that through the year and just does a beard in the winter months. LOL

It's supposed to be cold this weekend, rain with possible snow for us on Monday. Exciting for us as we don't get it often.

Oh and just now got a call from DH that one of his guys was on his way from one jobsite to another jobsite and felt off so he stopped at a local urgent care office and they told him to go to the nearest hospital...he was driving himself when he called DH. DH is pretty upset they told him to drive himself instead of calling him an ambulance. DH told him to pull over and call 911 if he felt bad but he said he was already almost there....DH is on the way to the hospital now. He's a young guy so I wouldn't think it's a heart attack or anything but you never know...if you don't mind sending some good thoughts and prayers for him. Thanks.

He prefers the goatee anyway and has that through the year and just does a beard in the winter months. LOL
My husband does that, too! Around October or so the beard starts, and sometime around Jan. or Feb it morphs into the goatee.
DH that one of his guys was on his way from one jobsite to another jobsite and felt off so he stopped at a local urgent care office and they told him to go to the nearest hospital...
Hope he's okay - you are right, if it was important enough he be seen at a ER they ought not have recommended he drive himself - that could have turned into a lawsuit for your Company, and/or people hurt or worse.

Gloomy day outside, and I swear time is almost going backwards it's been such a long day. I'm waiting to hear if I need to pop up to Philly tomorrow morning or not, I offered to meet the foster pups new owner so they had less of a drive - at least I could help cut off 2 hours or so of time for them, but I've not heard back from them yet.

:hug:AuntieMe3 and I'm proud of you for sharing your feelings with your new therapist. Many prayers that develops into a truly positive relationship. Many prayers also for your DH's coworker! How scary :( Paws and a hug always to Dolly, too!

Easyas, for me, time often feels as though it is standing still. I hope you don't need to make that :car:

Dad is finishing up shopping at Ralph's. This afternoon, we will look online for a few things including a new frying pan and kitchen towels. Exiciting, huh? Lol :) I do hope all of you are having a good Friday. I will check back later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter