Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Morning everyone.

It's a nice and chilly 51 degrees this morning. Definitely Fall Weather.

I debated the Lighthouse Challenge as the weather was calling for rain. Then I found out my grandson had a baseball game in the area of a couple of the lighthouses. Crystal and I headed to North New Jersey and managed to see 3 lighthouses and the last 2 innings of Anthony's first game and all of the second game. As we sat and watched the game we could watch the dark gray clouds rolling in and feel the temps slowly drop . At the top of the 7th inning the skies opened up. Games called for time and rain and Anthony's team won 1-0. It was a great game.

The afternoon with Crystal was worth the trip. We talked about so many things, including her other grandparents. They have basically ignored our shared grandchildren for 5 years and then, according to Crystal and my daughter, BLAMED THE KIDS! I'm sorry if I want to see my kids or grandkids that is on me to make the effort. Crystal has been troubled and hurt by it. She did make a couple of new friends in school. Her guard is up since she has been bullied in the past. She is optimistic that they will be friends though. I hope so.

I went to bed early to read since my husband was watching football. I got the strangest voice message from my mom asking me if I wanted to go to Boston today after church. I did call her and ask why we were going to Boston and I really didn't want to make that round trip in one day. She had asked if I wanted to go to Boscov's, a local department type store. That I will do. Getting a head start on Christmas shopping. I no sooner got comfortable when my husband came up and stared at me. He didn't know how to relay the message he had just gotten from our daughter. One of her friends was found dead earlier in the day from a drug overdose.

I was in shock. This friend was so much more than being just a friend. They always considered themselves cousins. His mother and my brother in law's wife are sisters so they decided that made them cousins. He struggled with addiction for a long time. He was a gifted athlete and a star quarterback in High School but he got in with the wrong crowd of friends. He leaves 2 children behind: his son is the same age as my Crystal and his daughter is the same age as my Mikey - 17 and 15. I am so thankful that somehow my own kids had the strength to not follow that path. They all hung out together as teens, quite often at my house. Please keep the family in your prayers as they navigate this difficult journey ahead of them.

When I get through my pictures I will post a couple of the happier part of my day. Have a peaceful SUnday.

:grouphug: To all who are having a tough time. I did see the news about Feralpeg. I always liked her posts. She was a kind and caring person. I think about her daughter.

Friday I went to the house by myself and did some administrative stuff that I had to scan. DS could do it at his house but I wanted to do it all by myself like a big girl. As long as I kept busy I felt OK and liked being in my own house and just getting what I wanted where I put it. Once I stopped being busy the tears started and I knew I had to leave. I feel weak that I can't go back to my house to stay. My kids tell me not to think that other women could do it and I am weak because I find it hard. I am me and I have to do what is right for me. I may try to stay a night here and there down the road. I told my older son that and he asked why. Maybe I will feel closer to Chris? But I am hoping Chris is here with me wherever I go. I sure need his help and support. I am definitely flounderng now.

You are right..you are you..what is right for other people might not be for you. I would advise to just not rush into anything. Your mind may change a bit down the road, or it might not. You don't need to justify anything that you do or don't do, to anyone. Only you know what you can or cannot do. We are here for you, you are in my prayer chain, and will continue to be. I just feel so bad for you. :(

I am frustrated with our trash collection people. I called last Tuesday to have the couch and a chair picked up. They said it would be done Thursday. Knowing them I figured by Saturday. I have a way to see my house and this morning they are still there. GRRRR! Phone call tomorrow morning.

Today my sons and I are heading to the house to really start the massive cleanup. I am so overwhelmed by all the stuff we collected over the years along with all the stuff Chris kept. I don't think the house will be ready until at least Spring. My patience may not take me that far. We are being very selective about what we save as we don't have room to keep alot of things that have not been used or looked at in years or decades. A lesson I learned is not to let the stuff get out of control. Chris always said he was going to clean up the house once he retired. Unfortunately that did not work out and we have to do it.

@lynxstch I am looking at medicare for the first time and it is daunting. Why do they have to confuse people so much? I have called our town's advisor for seniors trying to navigate the process. She sent me some info and it is like reading Greek. I have to get a letter from DH's company stating my coverage period and when it ends. Then medicare has to start. Once I have that letter I will contact the women I spoke with and she will guide me, I hope. This is just one more thing on my plate and my plate is already overflowing. Oh well, something to talk about at therapy.

We tried the Senior center..got us nowhere. See if you have an insurance company in town that specializes in Medicare planning,,that was our saving grace. The girl was willing to spend as much time as we needed going over every plan, checking all of Mr L's meds to make sure they were covered, explained all the differences in plans and costs etc. It saved us much time and aggravation! Good luck on that front!

Have a good Sunday.

Good morning all. To @tazdev3225 and Snowysmom--continued prayers. Taz- that is terrible about your daughters friend. Drug abuse is such a horrible thing. Sending prayers to her whole family, and all of her friends

We beat you this morning Taz--it was 44 when I got up at 5. Its up to 55 now and our high will be 58. 2 days ago we had the ac on,,today we have the heat on. At least the cold front isn't supposed to last too long.

I managed to get a long hot bath in, and I got about 5 hours sleep for a change. Going to put some boneless country style ribs in the crockpot with some brown sugar bbq sauce for dinner,,I hope I am hungry enough to eat some of it!

Just put a load of laundry in and rearranged all of my canned cat food downstairs in its cabinet, it was getting out of control.

Have a nice morning all

14e4f324e784f011a9d454d0edd24947--disney-cartoons-vhs-tapes.jpg

🙏and always❤ especially to you, Snowysmom! Taz, huge hug and I am so sorry :( What is right and comfortable for one person is right and comfortable for that person! I am so not a fan (in general) of judging (anyone) that is NOT our call or job ever. It is our call, IMO, to love one another and be of kind support. We don't have to agree with someone else's way of dealing with or doing anything for ourselves but if it works for that person in a positive way than that is all that matters!

And, Snowysmom, Chris is indeed with you, my friend, everywhere and in your heart 🌸

Sunday hugs to all.

Happy Sunday all....sorry I haven't been posting much. I've been in a funk for a little while now and I just kinda figured out its probably because yesterday was my moms birthday. I guess it should've been obvious it would've been a hard day but I've just been trying not to think about it and I think that made it worse.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know I've been reading and thinking about you all...hugs and love to all going through a tough time right now.

Happy Sunday all....sorry I haven't been posting much. I've been in a funk for a little while now and I just kinda figured out its probably because yesterday was my moms birthday. I guess it should've been obvious it would've been a hard day but I've just been trying not to think about it and I think that made it worse.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know I've been reading and thinking about you all...hugs and love to all going through a tough time right now.

:grouphug:

Our Medicare Insurance Agent is right on top of things.
We get to begin looking into that next year.

Friday I went to the house by myself and did some administrative stuff that I had to scan. DS could do it at his house but I wanted to do it all by myself like a big girl. As long as I kept busy I felt OK and liked being in my own house and just getting what I wanted where I put it. Once I stopped being busy the tears started and I knew I had to leave. I feel weak that I can't go back to my house to stay. My kids tell me not to think that other women could do it and I am weak because I find it hard. I am me and I have to do what is right for me. I may try to stay a night here and there down the road. I told my older son that and he asked why. Maybe I will feel closer to Chris? But I am hoping Chris is here with me wherever I go. I sure need his help and support. I am definitely flounderng now.
Grieving and the way a person goes through it is different for everyone. There is no right or wrong way nor does it have a time limit. Hang in there.

@TazDev, so glad you got to spend time with Crystal and so sorry to hear about the death of your daughter's friend.

I did!!!!!!

DH smoked a brisket today. Had that for a late lunch/early dinner with roasted potatoes and Ranch Style Beans.

We've been sick all weekend except for DD. DH started coughing a day or two before we went on our trip last weekend. He decided to go along with us instead of staying home. By Thursday, after we got back, Lil Joe was sick. Lou Lou began coughing Friday and I've been coughing and have run a low grade fever today.

Hello everyone. Having a great time in Florida. Weather today was beautiful, high mid to upper 80s. We did get chased off the beach at lunch time by rain but it cleared up in an hour. Water here is so warm.

Our view.

and your car isn't the last one out
We got into Sanford about 9:15 and got our car at 10:30.

First stop was World of Disney. The last time I was there was October 2016, when we met up with a friend right before Disney Springs closed down for Hurricane Matthew. It was way calmer then. It was a madhouse today. So many people, which I have become unaccustomed to. I had trouble finding clothes the sizes to fit the grandkids. Possibly because the main things for sale were 50th anniversary merchandise.

Then we heading for Tampa. Checked into the hotel then drove to Ybor City. DH wanted to go to the Columbia Restaurant so we did for late lunch/early dinner ( there needs to be a word like brunch) which was delicious. Took the trolley to the waterfront, walked a little of the Riverwalk, took the trolley back to the car and drove to the hotel.

Saturday, drove to Fort Myers, ate on 1st Street, grocery shopped and checked into the condo. After dinner, drove to the airport and picked up SIL. Today, beach.

I am definitely flounderng now.
Sorry to hear that. Just move at your own pace and don’t judge yourself.

Hugs to anyone who needs them.

Good morning (well almost noon) everyone. I woke up at 10:20 this morning, I can't remember sleeping this late in forever. I told hubby I was exhausted last nite, and I meant it. He yelled for me wondering where I was, and had no idea I was still in bed, lol. I plan on doing nothing today. Right now my back doesn't hurt for the first time in weeks, and I am going to baby it. I even left dishes in the sink last nite after dinner, which I never do..so that is the only thing I have to do this morning. It was a balmy 44 degrees out there when I first woke up at 6, we are up to 65 now and not going much higher.

Guy next door came over at 4:45 and asked me to unlock the mower so he could cut grass . And even though we had a deal made last Monday, when I paid him ahead of time so he could 'buy cigarettes', he had the nerve to ask me for $20 when finished to buy more. I said NO and do not ask me again. He also told me he locked the mower back up and latched the shed, which I found out when I went out in the dark with a flashlight at 8, found out wasn't true. Not to say I don't trust him, but I made double sure the mower was locked and put the extra lock on the shed door.

I envy @Breezy_Carol on her trip, but I hope she had a wonderful time..weather sounds perfect!

Have a nice rest of the morning everyone

OIP.jpg

Good Morning 🐥

Thanks for the save, Taz :)

PollyannaMom, prayers your eye doctor visit goes smoothly, my friend.

Hooray for extra sleep at long last, dear Lynn! Hugs on the neighbor, that was not right at all. I'm sorry he put you in that position especially since you were so kind to pay him ahead of time!

We got some rain overnight. When I woke up I heard a few remaining drops. Gray and cool now. A definite switch from the upper 80's of most of last week!

Reminder that on Friday Christmas movies start on Hallmark and HM&M!

:grouphug: to all. Will check back in later.

Happy Monday! ☀

The sun is out and we had nice weather this past weekend although we did have a pretty good storm Friday night.

Saturday was the Angel Dash at work for the families who lost a baby. I took my dog and we walked with everyone. She was tired at the end of the walk but was happy when I grabbed a bag of pretzels for her. Sunday night she hurt her leg pretty bad running out to the yard. I think my other dog may have bumped her going down the steps (they were running after a squirrel) and she landed wrong. She can't put any weight on her leg and I can't get a vet appointment until Thursday afternoon. I feel so bad for her, she is just pitiful looking and I know her leg hurts.

Getting a tattoo today when I'm done with work. I haven't told my kids, I'm going to wait to see how long it takes them to notice it on my arm.

Made a super easy recipe for beef tips and noodles yesterday. Mitchell (ds3) loved it so I guess it's a keeper.
  • Put all ingredients into your slow cooker and stir together so meat is coated.
  • Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until beef is cooked through and falling apart when picked up with a fork.
  • Serve over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.
Everyone have a good day! :flower1:

Good Morning 🐥

Thanks for the save, Taz :)

Hooray for extra sleep at long last, dear Lynn! Hugs on the neighbor, that was not right at all. I'm sorry he put you in that position especially since you were so kind to pay him ahead of time!

And just to anger me even more--I used the car to go get the paper and the mail. He was outside and yells over..do you have $20. I said I told you last nite NO and do NOT ask me again. He says well I thought you went somewhere and got money. I said I went to get the mail..and even if I went somewhere, it was NOT to get you money. I paid you last Monday for mowing yesterday and I am not paying you again. I am getting really mad about this. I reiterated again..DO NOT ASK ME AGAIN FOR MONEY. He's an adult, get a job, quit smoking, ask your parents..but do not ask me again . There is something seriously wrong with him.

We got some rain overnight. When I woke up I heard a few remaining drops. Gray and cool now. A definite switch from the upper 80's of most of last week!

Reminder that on Friday Christmas movies start on Hallmark and HM&M!

:grouphug: to all. Will check back in later.

Thank you. It did. My eyes are healthy and my Rx didn't change too much. I have some sample contacts until mine come in the mail, and I worked with someone very nice to pick out slightly larger frames for my new glasses. (I have progressive bifocals and wanted the close up part to be a little larger for when I'm on the computer.)

She can't put any weight on her leg and I can't get a vet appointment until Thursday afternoon.

Oh, the poor baby! Virtual puppy hugs :hug: :dog: and I hope it feels better soon.

PS - Good luck with your tattoo.:shamrock:

Greetings everyone.

Had a nice weekend, got a fair bit done as well. Took foster pup to vet this AM and got a clean bill of health, so I'm waiting for the Powers to Be to decide when she officially goes up for adoption. Most fosters we have for 2+ months, not one week! Unfortunately our two dogs are sick w/ Kennel Cough from their overnight stay at the vets boarding facility last weekend. One of our guys is really feeling like crap - oh he'll be fine, they'll both be fine, and I've talked the vet into giving me meds w/o having to haul the dogs back up there, so I guess it could be worse. Just hope that our foster pup doesn't get it. Everyone has had their vaccine but they can still get it - Dogs & kids have an amazing ability to snap back after that first does or two of meds!

Not sure what is on the agenda for dinner this evening. It'll be a surprise, mostly to me :lmao: Husband will be hunting so I'll have a few extra moments to whip up something fantabulous. Or at least edible.

On the road tomorrow afternoon & Thursday. Booster and flu shot appt. Thursday on my way home, and hair appt. on Friday afternoon. Seriously considering throwing caution to the wind and going clothes shopping on Saturday. I need jeans & slacks really, really bad and I can't get away with wearing carpris much longer! I'm literally down to two pairs of jeans, both of which are 2 or 3 years old. I just hate shopping for pants, half the time even petites are to short, so that means trying on tons of stuff to find just a few pairs. Often, if something fits, I will be so fed up that I don't look for another different style, I just buy that same one in a few colors or whatever. It feels like a all day ordeal. I'll go to Boscovs, Pennys, Talbots and try on 25 pairs but maybe some home with 3 or 4. Forget Kohls for jeans/pants. They no longer have a dedicated Petites so it's hit or miss on if they even have any and if they do I have to sift thru everything. But, I'd rather spend a day than order a bunch of stuff online and have to send it back, at least this way I have a better chance of bringing something home that suits me. So that means - do I also make a trip to Costco? (on a Saturday no less - ugh) and if I'm trucking all the way up there, dare I go even earlier and maybe hit the Dansko outlet for shoes I don't need? I did do good in thinning out my warm weather stuff as I put it away, and my cold weather stuff as I got it out, so at least I accomplished that. In truth I could have / should have done more tossing. Maybe I will depending on what I bring home. I *try* to toss at least one thing for every new thing I bring into the house.

Have a great evening everyone. I think I will carve out some time to start watching my Halloween Baking Championship show for this year, I've been recording it but haven't started it. I need to-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!