Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I "liked" your post, dear Snowysmom in support of you:hug: You are a courageous lady, my friend! I believe Chris would want (and does want) you to simply be safe and happy! He knows you will always have a special place for just him in your heart. Wherever you may choose to live, that won't change, because God, Who is Love, has no singular address and Chris is with Him. Love does not die! From way across the country, it does sound like for safety reasons, a single story place would work better for you long term. Whatever you decide, let God be your Guide always and how thankful truly I am that you also have such a supportive family right there with you. And, your Quacker Family🐥loves and is here for you, too! We care.

Good to see you, Sweetpeama. The photography books sound interesting and like a great assignment, too. 🙏 for the group leader situation all-around.

So, if you would, would you keep this situation in your prayers?
Thoughts and prayers for you all...I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

took the bandage off of my tattoo this morning so I figured I would get a picture before it starts to scab.
Love it. It's so cute.

but like stepdaughter says, I have been trying to do everything for everyone, and now that my back is bothering me I can't,
She's right...glad you are getting some help.

Today is my husbands 50th b'day, so I'll make a nice dinner for him tonight.
Happy Birthday to your DH. Hope you have a really nice evening.

Getting through each day one minute at a time.
Big, huge hugs.... :grouphug:

Its been soo chilly at night lately, I switched out our thin warm weather quilt out for our down comforter today. I bought a new duvet cover for the comforter and I really like it. I washed the sheets too, so I can't wait to get into bed tonight. :cloud9: Of course it's warmer today than it has been so I'll probably be sweating tonight. :laughing:

Our dog seems to be feeling better and hasn't had any bad reaction to the medication so YAY!! Hoping it stays that way until we go back in two weeks. So I don't know I'd mentioned before, one of our dogs has dog Lupus, well now we think our other boy has Cushings disease. 🤦‍♀️ Our vet mentioned it Monday and after I got home and looked it up, it fits him perfectly, would explain so much that has been going on with him lately. Oh geez...lol I'll be talking to the vet again when I go back on the first to see how to confirm that diagnosis. Thankfully from what I've read, it's treatable with medication so now both boys will be taking pills regularly but at least it will hopefully make him feel better....goodness....:sad2::laughing:

I think I'm making chili beans and corn bread for dinner tonight so I need to make sure the ground turkey thawed. Hope you all have a good night. :grouphug:

Forgot to share a pic of the new duvet...614965

Lou Lou's day of no temperature yesterday turned into a torturous night of crying because her ears were hurting so DD stayed home and scheduled a doctor's appointment for both of her kids. With her home, I was able to get some errands run. I am doing better except when I start coughing, it sounds so bad and with Covid now, everyone looks at you like you have the plague or something.

Anyway, both kids have an upper respiratory infection. Lil Joe is on the down side of it. Lou Lou also has a double ear infection, no fever though. And the doctor did a Covid test just in case because it and a respiratory infection are so much alike in kids. The kids are housebound until they get their test back. We're pretty sure it will be negative but we don't want to take a chance.

footballmouse, I like your tattoo.

Happy Thursday morning :daisy:.

Taking some PTO later today, my dog finally has a vet appointment to get her leg looked at. She's still not putting weight on it but I did notice that she is moving around a lot more. Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious that will require surgery.

The crackheads next door finally got their grass cut. It was taller than my chain-linked fence >:(. I've called the township twice since the beginning of summer about the problem. It takes so long for them to officially declare it a problem (letters have to be sent, has to be brought up to the board at their meeting, etc) and the township actually hires a company to come and cut it. The bill is then added to the owner's property taxes. Now their yard looks better than my backyard :oops:. Because of the mole mounds, I can't cut my grass too short so it needs to be cut every few days, which I don't have time for. I was told the moles probably came from their yard. Along with the damn weeds all over the fence which spread into my landscaping and pond >:(.

Just received a Zoom link for the second round of interviews for the position here at the hospital. I'm interviewing with 4 people at different times for a total of 2 hours! I hope I can come up with good answers to all the questions that will be thrown at me. Wish me luck, they start at 8:30 am!

Back to work, everyone have a great day! :earsboy:

Good morning. Going to be 75 today, high of 62 tomorrow..Fall is starting to settle in, especially at night. I sleep with the window open and the ceiling fan on, and it must have been just a tad too chilly as I couldn't sleep.. Finally got up and got another light weight blanket , put it on and zonked out

SIL brought groceries yesterday and niece put them all away for me,,saved my back..trying not to bend as much as possible today not to aggravate it.

Have a nice day everyone!

tenor.gif

edited to add..guy next door is getting too creepy for me. Caught him staring over their fence into our living room yesterday when we were watching tv. Then I drove over to get mail, and he was halfway down their street, just watching me. and he just did it again knocked and asked for cigarette money --told him I said no 3x and do not ask again. He says well I left you alone for a couple of days, thought maybe you went out and got some money. I said if I did , which I did not , it would not be for you. I do NOT keep money in the house as a general rule. Asked when I wanted him to mow. Said you just did it Sunday...not till maybe next week. Summer is ticked..said if he asks again, tell him your daughter or grandsons will be doing it, for free, so not to bother asking. She said she will make time, or the boys will..he's creeping her out too :( The guy is in his 40's..get a job, quit smoking, or ask your parents..NOT ME!

Last edited:
Continued dog prayers, AuntieMe3. For me, with my ever-increasing cool flashes these days, it definitely feels colder lately! I think for next week, Monday is supposed to be the coldest day, possibly rain as well. I’m so glad you have transitional blankets, my friend.

Huge feel family prayers all-around dear Kirby! It is heartbreaking when a child is in pain or sick :( She’s blessed to have you and your care that is for sure!

Prayers for your dog, too, Footballmouse. Big job interview success prayers for you. You’ll do just great :)

Hugs, Lynn, that is creepy indeed. You please stay safe and absolutely relax your back, please!

:grouphug: and Happy Thursday to All.

Quick question regarding this interview I have tomorrow morning. I mentioned that I'll be interviewing with 4 people, each on has a separate time. Should I ask different questions about the department and position for each person or would it be okay to just ask the same questions and see what each person says? I don't think I can come up with roughly 3 questions for 4 people. What do you think?

Quick question regarding this interview I have tomorrow morning. I mentioned that I'll be interviewing with 4 people, each on has a separate time. Should I ask different questions about the department and position for each person or would it be okay to just ask the same questions and see what each person says? I don't think I can come up with roughly 3 questions for 4 people. What do you think?

I think it's fine to ask multiple people the same question. (They certainly do when they interview multiple candidates!)

Plus, something like "What do you feel makes ______ an engaging place to work?" will very likely get different answers from different people.

lynxstch, what a creepy guy!

The weather has been beautiful here for the last week. I haven't turned my A/C off yet, it still gets a little warm during the day. Hopefully the ragweed count will go down soon so I can open my windows and air out my house.

Last edited:
lynxstch, what a creepy guy!

Agreed!

Odd experience at Walgreens this evening. At an appt. w/ my Dr. she recommended I get both my flu & booster at same time. The CDC says its fine, too. Walgreens let me sign up for both at same time so I presumed I was good to go - not quite. When I got there the pharmacist was very hesitant to give me both. Said he wasn't sure if there might be a reaction to getting both at same time. So I found myself in the position of having to inform him of both my Dr.'s advice AND that the CDC said it was okay and so I convinced him to give me both.
Two things wrong there - # 1 he wasn't aware that the CDC is recommending it and #2, he let me talk him into it.
Well, at the end of the day both are done so that is that I guess!
Anyway, the flu shot hurt like no other shot I've ever gotten. Booster I hardly felt. Both arms feel 100% fine at the moment. I'm about 3 hours post shot now. Admittedly this is only the 2nd flu shot I've ever gotten, but I felt just fine last year so I'm not expecting any issues. We will see what tomorrow brings.

I've got a hair appt tomorrow afternoon at 3, and a serious day of shopping ahead of me on Saturday. Sunday there is nothing on tap as yet. Dr. appt. first thing Monday morning. I think some venison stew will be on Sunday's menu.

I agree with PollyannaMom, Footballmouse. I am sorry you have to separately interview with 4 different people. Although, thinking about it, I would probably prefer doing that do being interviewed all at one time by 4 people. It is a great opportunity to hopefully get a sense from a range of employees that may have different jobs or years at the company, of how they like working there. As I said this morning, you'll do just fine :grouphug:

Hooray for nice weather, Kirby! Prayers all of you get more rest tonight.

Your post slipped in just as I posted, Easyas. Prayers you have a good night rest and feel okay from both vaccines. I'm sorry the flu shot was so painful. Dad had a sore arm for the rest of the day after having got his last week. The pharmacist should, when in double, politely double check with a patient's physician!

The phone just keeps ringing today with spam calls, yuck! I hope none of you are being bombarded today.

Wishing all of you a good evening and night :)

Hi, we’ve had a gorgeous week in south Jersey!

Tom had his operation on Monday, the lower left lung lobe was removed and with it the carcinoid tumor. He comes home tomorrow!!

Thank You all for your thoughts and prayers. I’ve not been on the Disboards very much this week.

Good night!

🐥

Glad things went well with Tom. 🙏 Ongoing prayers for him, Snowysmom, and anyone else who needs them, human or animal!

Good luck with the job interview @footballmouse. ☘

Hope Carol is having a great time in FL! 🍹🌴

Celebrated the kids’ birthday this week with a nice liesurely ride on some long, windy roads to see foliage, a walk with the dog in a state park, and breakfast at one of our favorite joints, then dinner and cake at home later. Nice we all had the day off. Tired the rest of the week, probably from change of seasons and a long work weekend followed by a late medical appt for DH on Monday that I had to go to with him to. Got good news on that, it was a second opinion with better options than the first opinion. He has a test today that will yield some results that will help him make decisions. Thankfully nothing too serious.

Back to work today. I hope everyone has a nice weekend! Stay safe!

Good morning, all 🙂

Got a call last night that my glasses are ready - earlier than I expected. I have something to do later this morning, so I'll probably still go pick them up on Sunday, but I'm excited to know they're ready.

Otherwise, not much news here.

Tom had his operation on Monday, the lower left lung lobe was removed and with it the carcinoid tumor. He comes home tomorrow!!
Great news!!

Celebrated the kids’ birthday this week

Happy Birthday to them!!🎂🧁🍭

Prayers for you both.

Lou Lou is so much better this morning. You can see it in her eyes. Lil Joe went to school this morning, Covid test came back negative which we thought it would.

DD has an interview with a therapist for Lil Joe and a meeting with a police officer this afternoon. The meeting with the police is standard in a CPS case. He has already met with her ex.

Happy Friday!!! :daisy:

Working from home today so it's always a happy day. Finished all my job interviews. I had 4 earlier this morning, that lasted 2 hours. I have 2 more on Tuesday. I'm a little nervous for those because I will be at work so I'm going to have to sneak this in. I'm allowed to work from home 2 days a week in my current position so I think I might work from home Monday and Tuesday instead of my normal Monday and Friday. I would feel a lot more comfortable.

Update on my dog, Carly - she went to the vet yesterday, I was bracing myself for a huge bill which would have included x-rays and I was figuring on a surgery estimate. Found it that it is arthritis! The vet said that when she landed, it aggravated the arthritis in her knee and that is what is causing the pain. Great news! Ended up just having them do her annual exam since she is due next month and a bottle of joint pills. She started moving around a lot better yesterday, even jumped up on the bed last night.

Going to try and get the grass cut later today. Very cloudy here but not supposed to get any rain until later.

Didn't feel like cooking last night so we just ordered a pizza, which will also serve as my lunch later today.

Hope everyone has a great day! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter