Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I've got the bold too... I guess it could be worse. LoL

Happy Tuesday all...Dolly had her final training session and graduated today. Yay!! She's come so far since we first began. We're contemplating moving on to intermediate session but not sure yet, we'll discuss it tonight. DD said she'd split the cost with us if we decide to do it.

Look how proud she looks. :lovestruc OMG she's soo cute.:laughing:
Screenshot_20230328_170042_Facebook.jpg

Super windy again today....soo annoying. Not sure what we're having for dinner tonight...seems like the day went quickly. We had a great dinner last night, some al pastor(pork) tacos and a delicious salad from Costco. It was called queso crunch, chopped lettuce and cabbage with avocado salsa ranch, it had some cotijo Mexican cheese, seasoned pumpkin seeds, and some crunchy topping...maybe tortilla chips but with an amazing seasoning on them soo yummy. We still have some of both the tacos and salad so maybe we'll have that again. It was so good.

I guess that's it for now so I can figure it out...hope you all have a great night.

Last edited:
I've got the bold too... I guess it could be worse. LoL

Happy Tuesday all...Dolly had her final training session and graduated today. Yay!! She's come so far since we first began. We're contemplating moving on to intermediate session but not sure yet, we'll discuss it tonight. DD said she'd split the cost with us if we decide to do it.

View attachment 749445

Super windy again today....soo annoying. Not sure what we're having for dinner tonight...seems like the day went quickly. We had a great dinner last night, some al pastor(pork) tacos and a delicious salad from Costco. It was called queso crunch, chopped lettuce and cabbage with avocado salsa ranch, it had some cotijo Mexican cheese, seasoned pumpkin seeds, and some crunchy topping...maybe tortilla chips but with an amazing seasoning on them soo yummy. We still have some of both the tacos and salad so maybe we'll have that again. It was so good.

I guess that's it for now so I can figure it out...hope you all have a great night.
She is adorable, Auntie! Look at those ears! Congratulations to her! :goodvibes

I will post more tomorrow. Just wanted to wish all of you a good night with sweet dreams. No bold here. I'm sorry many of you are still having that trouble. Judique, safe and fun travels to your daughter and grandchildren! What a blessing for them to get to experience London period and so young with their Mom.

🐥🛌Sleep well, my friends.

Last edited:

I still have the bold. It does make it easier to read but is a bit annoying.

@AuntieMe3 Dolly is adorable. She is so proud of herself.

I forgot to mention the old man in the mountain was a rock formation. So iconic for NH.

Good morning. Cold here, 29 but going into the 40s. Yesterday was a showery off and on, chilly type of day. I hope today is a bit warmer.

I am finalizing the moving plans. As usual, I am second guessing myself with everything. I know I am right to move from here as it is not the place or area for me. But, with the way things are going with everyone and everything I second guess what I am doing. It is just me being me.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Oh my gosh, she's just precious!! - And I agree, so proud of herself!

As usual, I am second guessing myself with everything.

:hug: I wish we had a hug reaction to click. I'm sure it's nerve-wracking, but I absolutely think you're doing the right thing!

I still have the bold. It does make it easier to read but is a bit annoying.

@AuntieMe3 Dolly is adorable. She is so proud of herself.

I forgot to mention the old man in the mountain was a rock formation. So iconic for NH.

Good morning. Cold here, 29 but going into the 40s. Yesterday was a showery off and on, chilly type of day. I hope today is a bit warmer.

I am finalizing the moving plans. As usual, I am second guessing myself with everything. I know I am right to move from here as it is not the place or area for me. But, with the way things are going with everyone and everything I second guess what I am doing. It is just me being me.

Off to work. Have a good day.
We’re all here and along for the ride with you! :grouphug: You’re doing great! Keep up the good work. Soon enough you will be in your new, beautiful home and beginning a new chapter somewhere that’s better for you. Stay strong! But go easy on yourself. We’re here.

Morning, all! Going to try to get some cleaning done today around the house, that’s about it. 🐥

Good Wednesday morning!🐪

Congratulation Dolly 👏! She should be proud, school is hard.

Stopped at Kroger yesterday on the way home from work. Of course I forgot the one thing I needed.😣

Evan hasn't said anything about his game tonight so I'm thinking it's probably another late one. That's okay, Survivor is on tonight.:happytv:

Well the bosses are in so I better get to work. Have a great day! :wave:

Good sunny morning. I wanted to get the kitchen floor washed while I had enough energy. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day and I have to fill the gas cans for the mowers. I am procrastinating about it, lol.

@AuntieMe3- Congratulations to Dolly. She does indeed look proud!

@Snowysmom- Hang in there, we're all rooting for this to be the right move for you

@footballmouse- Isn't that always the way. Go to the store for a couple of things, and come out with 50, and none of them what you went in for!

Off to get laundry done.

Have a good day everyone

a5c701d16e1749d8d7e7a558c00dd127.jpg

Good Morning from rainy LA,

Dad and I are extra blessed to have a roof today that's for sure. I do pray to make a difference to those without.
Dolly is adorable indeed! :dogdance:

Snowysmom, ITA with everyone else. We are all indeed cheering you on, my friend. I truly do believe you need to move on toward a fresh start🐥💛

Such Springy pictures Kirby and Lynn, thank you both🌸

Hugs and Wednesday joy and good wishes to all. I will check back in later.

Good afternoon everyone.
I had a bit of free time this afternoon and I went back a few pages in a effort to catch up! Gonna try to do a bit better in keeping up...life just goes on and well, you know...

We are waiting to hear back from our Lawyers office. We have a settlement schedule next Wednesday for two pieces of property but the sale is predicated upon a special tax exemption that comes from the State Comptrollers office. The paperwork had to filed at least 21 days prior to settlement, and it was and I even have confirmation of that from the Comptrollers office, but I hate the hurry up & wait as we sit here twiddling our thumbs waiting to find out if we are going to be able to go thru with the sale/settlement. Fingers crossed the State approves the current owners request for the exemption and can go thru with the sale-we've been 'plotting and scheming, saving and hoping' to get our hands on this land for a while.

We planted some cherry trees last week, two in the area behind the fenced yard at the top of a field, and three along side the back part of our driveway. I was tickled pink - no pun intended!!!!- to get the good deal on them I got. I can't wait to see how they do where we put them. Should change the way the whole back yard and side yard look in a few years as they mature.
I was tempted to go with him to finally get my own haircut (it hasn't been cut since before Christmas 2020)! I didn't feel quite comfortable yet. God willing the next time he goes I'll be able to go with him.
Good for you, taking that first step has been hard for so many folks! We have a family member that flat out refused to go back to work after working at home for the past two (or whatever it's been, I've long track) years. Still had everything delivered, didn't want to see anyone. We were getting really very concerned about them. Well one day they agreed to meet another family member in a local park, and from there they started getting back into the swing of life again which was nice to see. He had really isolated himself, but once he took that first step he felt comfortable enough to get back into society. Luckily for him his employer worked with him, but he's even back in the office now.
found this on the internet.
That's must have been really interesting to see in person!
Older DD and my 2 grands are on their way to London.
DD traveled with me for the first time when she was 7 weeks old. She hasn't stopped flying since.
I very much believe in taking kids traveling as often as possible! Glad your granddaughters are having the experience.
She looks so dang proud of herself!
a delicious salad from Costco. It was called queso crunch, chopped lettuce and cabbage with avocado salsa ranch, it had some cotijo Mexican cheese, seasoned pumpkin seeds, and some crunchy topping...maybe tortilla chips but with an amazing seasoning on them soo yummy
Oh man, that sounds good. I'm going to have to look for that next time I'm in my Costco.
I am finalizing the moving plans. As usual, I am second guessing myself with everything.
I think I mentioned it before, but in case I didn't I wanted to tell you that your descriptions of the the new condo, the process, your discussions - from talking about your daughter in law helping you decorate, to picking out appliances and your new shower - just reading it as you wrote it felt to me like there was a spark of excitement to your words. I hope you enjoy your new home. You 110% deserve to enjoy it and finding some joy in it is a GOOD think for you, and doesn't diminish the joy in the home you shared with your husband.
I'm excited for you and this new start.
Here's a picture I took Sunday of a honey bee enjoying my Bluebonnets.
Beautiful! I should try to take a few photos of the frees & bushes that are flowering around the farm.
Good Morning from rainy LA,
Ok - I have a question about rainy LA , and rainy California in general. As someone from the East Coast, I often hear about the near drought and or drought conditions because there wasn't enough snow pack up in the CA mountains and/or reservoirs that are nearly empty. Now, I realize that California is a large state with many weather areas - but in general is all this rain a good thing for the State/area in terms of water?

Dinner this evening is grilled or baked chicken thighs with a baked potato and probably a salad. I have a nail appt. at 5 this evening but right now I could crawl under the covers and not come out for a while. Mother Nature is wreaking havoc on me and I'm about over it. Hot. Cold. Sweating. Dry Skin. Cramps - it's been a while???? here- enjoy these! Nails breaking. Hair thinning. Lack of energy.Thirsty. extra pounds, sure why not! I do have some control over all this, I could be and should be exercising more, I know it will make me feel better, and I've been lazy about moving as much as I should. I need a attitude adjustment.

Kirby I love the picture of the bee enjoying your flowers.

Thank you all for the support. I don't feel very strong right now but I am going through a rough time. Change is an issue for me and changing yet again in a short period of time is wreaking havoc on my emotions and my brain. It makes me miss Chris so much.

I saw a wonderful sight when I was out walking at 6:30 this morning. A huge hawk with a very large wingspan seemed to fly out of nowhere, soaring on the winds. His wings were so beautiful. He soared right above me, across the parking area not too high up, and soared over to some trees. It was amazing and so awesome. I enjoy being out before everyone is out and around as I can hear so many birds and sometimes have an amazing view of birds and nature. And this is in a place near the highway but with a small wooded area. I am hoping my new area has more wonderful sights. The complex is literally in the middle of woods. It is surrounded by woods so I am hoping to hear and see so many birds.

Have a good rest of the day.

Good afternoon everyone.
I had a bit of free time this afternoon and I went back a few pages in a effort to catch up! Gonna try to do a bit better in keeping up...life just goes on and well, you know...

We are waiting to hear back from our Lawyers office. We have a settlement schedule next Wednesday for two pieces of property but the sale is predicated upon a special tax exemption that comes from the State Comptrollers office. The paperwork had to filed at least 21 days prior to settlement, and it was and I even have confirmation of that from the Comptrollers office, but I hate the hurry up & wait as we sit here twiddling our thumbs waiting to find out if we are going to be able to go thru with the sale/settlement. Fingers crossed the State approves the current owners request for the exemption and can go thru with the sale-we've been 'plotting and scheming, saving and hoping' to get our hands on this land for a while.

We planted some cherry trees last week, two in the area behind the fenced yard at the top of a field, and three along side the back part of our driveway. I was tickled pink - no pun intended!!!!- to get the good deal on them I got. I can't wait to see how they do where we put them. Should change the way the whole back yard and side yard look in a few years as they mature.

Good for you, taking that first step has been hard for so many folks! We have a family member that flat out refused to go back to work after working at home for the past two (or whatever it's been, I've long track) years. Still had everything delivered, didn't want to see anyone. We were getting really very concerned about them. Well one day they agreed to meet another family member in a local park, and from there they started getting back into the swing of life again which was nice to see. He had really isolated himself, but once he took that first step he felt comfortable enough to get back into society. Luckily for him his employer worked with him, but he's even back in the office now.

That's must have been really interesting to see in person!

I very much believe in taking kids traveling as often as possible! Glad your granddaughters are having the experience.

She looks so dang proud of herself!

Oh man, that sounds good. I'm going to have to look for that next time I'm in my Costco.

I think I mentioned it before, but in case I didn't I wanted to tell you that your descriptions of the the new condo, the process, your discussions - from talking about your daughter in law helping you decorate, to picking out appliances and your new shower - just reading it as you wrote it felt to me like there was a spark of excitement to your words. I hope you enjoy your new home. You 110% deserve to enjoy it and finding some joy in it is a GOOD think for you, and doesn't diminish the joy in the home you shared with your husband.
I'm excited for you and this new start.

Beautiful! I should try to take a few photos of the frees & bushes that are flowering around the farm.

Ok - I have a question about rainy LA , and rainy California in general. As someone from the East Coast, I often hear about the near drought and or drought conditions because there wasn't enough snow pack up in the CA mountains and/or reservoirs that are nearly empty. Now, I realize that California is a large state with many weather areas - but in general is all this rain a good thing for the State/area in terms of water?

Dinner this evening is grilled or baked chicken thighs with a baked potato and probably a salad. I have a nail appt. at 5 this evening but right now I could crawl under the covers and not come out for a while. Mother Nature is wreaking havoc on me and I'm about over it. Hot. Cold. Sweating. Dry Skin. Cramps - it's been a while???? here- enjoy these! Nails breaking. Hair thinning. Lack of energy.Thirsty. extra pounds, sure why not! I do have some control over all this, I could be and should be exercising more, I know it will make me feel better, and I've been lazy about moving as much as I should. I need a attitude adjustment.
Been there done that don't wanna go back

:hug: Easyas and thank you for your kind encouragement and sharing about your family member. I don't mind being at home. I would love to feel safe in helping my dad even briefly on an errand. I really do need my 💇‍♀️before I turn into Rapunzel. I pray to have the faith and always that I am being witness to God through my devout faith. I just would never want to catch Covid period but especially after staying safe and healthy for 3 years. Like you wisely said, small steps. I will say that when I went to get the second opinion at my dad's dentist and we had to take an elevator with others to go up to his office, that was too close quartered for my comfort. It was helpful because it put more in perspective that overall I do think brief shopping would be safer because of being able to move around.

The next Tuesday, it's warm, I will give Supercuts a try. Tuesdays are the one day a week when haircuts are $3 cheaper. At the current $30:scared1:price, $3 has more value!

Speaking of temperature, we definitely need rain out here in LA. It was an awful lot and so heavy at one time. 🌲🌼especially are sure blooming brighter. Definitely some parts of the state such as where I attended college and later taught get more extreme weather as do people like AuntieMe3 that live in mountain areas, get more extreme weather than I do. We don't necessarily have a true 4 season the way you do back east. Grateful always to be where God planted me and dad. CA is just🏠Great question and please come visit closer to me some day! I would love to meet you :)

And thank you for your very kind and wise words to Snowysmom, well said. I completely agree. 🙏for dear you to feel more settled and at peace. You have so much going on most all the time and need to take care! Please do be good to yourself and prayers, of course, for all to work out with your taxes. :)

Snowysmom, like with me feeling ready to go out, there's a difference between what your mind logically knows and what your heart feels. You, my friend, have sure gone through a lot of loss. I believe Chris wants you to be happier and truly at peace. I sure do from afar as does all of your Quacker family. More than any of us, so does God. He is with you forever and truly by His loving Grace so is Chris. Once you are out of your current condo and extra I pray, completely done with any obligation to it, 🕊️will feel more real. I sincerely believe that. I'm excited for you by everything you have shared about your new condo especially the resident activities and opportunities through them to make new friends. As Easyas said, one step at a time:grouphug:

Judique, continuing safe travel 🙏for your family. May you soon get a phone call from London sharing early fun so far with you!

All is quiet and dry here. Still waiting for Amazon to bring our Kleenex package. That was a huge blessing to grab two eight packs of the 120 flat boxes packages of 16 boxes period and for under $30 (which for us is still a ton of money and a ridiculous pandemic price gouging cost). We had been ordering 18 boxes at once but not when that now currently starts at $45! That's "cheap." Talk about price :scared1:So wrong. I pray this awful seemingly intentional gouging would stop!

Wishing all of you a cozy and peaceful rest of the day with love.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter