Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Thanks everyone.

I am worn out. The ER doctor just cleaned the incision and glued it. My daughter is worried that they didn't look to see why it was bleeding since he is on blood thinners. Thankfully my DIL is also a nurse so she will change his dressings tomorrow and make sure it looks OK. I need to check it through the night and make sure it doesn't start bleeding again. The incision is in his chest muscle close to the heart so we are all concerned about an infection reaching the heart. I will call his cardiologist on Monday morning.

I told him I need a vacation again and he said GO to Disney for Christmas. I almost wish I could but maybe a trip down the Jersey shore to just walk along the beach for a day would be a good replacement trip.

Frozen pizza for dinner. It's a new brand so I hope it at least tastes good. Have a good evening everyone. I am so thankful to have found this thread and all the wonderful people on it.

Praise God! Wonderful update. dear Taz. :hug:Please get some rest tonight, my friend! Continuing 🙏for Jim!

I am probably going to take the plunge and order the Narrow Rim Bowl tomorrow. I do think the shape is perfect. Much better than the heavy big bowl I sent back. Dad and I did do some Melamine Googling to discover it does sound lightweight. The supervisor did tell me the kid's bowl is .15lb and this bowl is .25. To me that really should not be a huge difference. Please tell me you agree, if you do, that this! I don't want to wait to do so because in an email I received from the site yesterday, it indicated that there were only 3 more days of free shipping. To me, that meant Friday-Sunday. Meantime, I will still try extra hard to find a buyer for the first small bowl. please let me know should any of you have any ideas. As all of you know, money is so tight for dad and I. After all he has been through the last year, I want to do something special for him at Christmas that this time I pray he will be able to use and on a daily basis! I am going with the pinecones/Dad heart design again for the bowl because it is bigger and more Christmas-y.

A February birthday or Father's Day gift next year, I would keep an eye out for when the site offers again free shipping+10% off to get dad a Mini License Plate I remember dad telling me while he was at the toy store where he bought the Steve license plate this last spring for our cousin (Steve loved it btw and has hung it up), that he, of course, also looked for license plates with each of our first names on it. Didn't find either. He did say he would enjoy having a souvenir license plate with his name on it. As his daughter, it seems like a "Dad" license plate would be more meaningful to him than one with his first name on it. I found the attached birthday background on the site that I kike for the colors. I have asked Tracie to place the toast with green frame border on that background so I can see what it would look like and go from there. If it is too busy, I will go with a solid color. To me, this design works so much better on a flat item such as the license plate than it would on the inside of a bowl.

What do all of you think? Prayers please the new bowl is indeed just what I am hoping for! Thank you, thank you!

ETA: Dad is excited that his new laptop from Best Buy came a little while ago! We will check it out more after dinner. Definitely was a great bargain. I'm so thankful he treated himself to it.

Wishing all of you a good evening 🐥❤️

Attachments

• Wreath.jpg
    Wreath.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Toast.jpg
    Toast.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 3
  • toast.png
    toast.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 2
  • birthday background.jpg
    birthday background.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Good afternoon!

Well, we got the new tv delivered this morning. Got it out of the box, plugged in, and the screen is all dorked up. >:( Tried a new cable and factory reset, and it is still streaked. DH is on with geek squad right now. They will need to replace it, and I hope we don't have to buy another warranty...I mean, it is literally less than 4 hours old!

----------------------------------------------------
Doing a few loads of laundry. Made the vegan curry with green beans from Hello Fresh, and ended up tossing it. With the coconut milk and the sweet chili sauce, it was too sweet and had a weird aftertaste. Won't get that one again. Ended up eating leftover Panda Express from dinner last night.

We got a few of the Halloween decorations up. Not doing alot this year. Didn't want to go too scary for the littles. We have a red light on the ground there, that will shine onto the black web and the big spider.

View attachment 714730View attachment 714731View attachment 714732

View attachment 714733View attachment 714734

It is gray and gloomy and windy, about 70, with a bit of spitting rain; perfect Halloween weather!

Dinner tonight will be hamburgers on pretzel buns, Hello Fresh tex mex mac n cheese, and some frozen veggies.

Have to be up early tomorrow to watch the Bronco-Jags game, then as soon as it's done, we are going to the Immersive Van Gogh exhibit. Dinner tomorrow will be the Moo shu style pork bowls (Hello fresh). Halloween night, we are doing grilled cheese and tomato soup, as it is easy.

All the grandkids had trunk or treats to go to this weekend; and then they'll be trick or treating on Monday. DS flies back on Monday, I think; he hasn't told me his plans yet, and I'm not going to chase him down and ask. He is an adult, making his own choices, so it is going to be on him to communicate those choices with us.

Have a good day, y'all!
Yikes on the TV. How disappointing!

I've been enjoying most of our Hello Fresh dinners. Tonight was an exception. The hoisin honey chicken with green beans and jasmine rice was barely okay. Green beans were too salty but that may been my DD who seems to use more salt than I do. Rice was rice. The chicken part was too sweet and otherwise not flavorful.

So far we have enjoyed:

Spicy Chicken Satay Skewers
Spicy Peruvian Chicken
Bulgogi Pork Tenderloin
Santa Fe Pork Tacos
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roulade
Beef Flautas Supreme
Meatballs with Bulgogi Sauce
Crispy Buffalo Spiced Chicken

DD is picking what she wants. I can pick also but prefer to let her do it, as I would probably roll with more of the vegetarian options. If I really want to eat something different, there are plenty of options in my freezer.

Despite the use of 'spicy' to describe several dinners, to me they were mildly spicy. Most were served with rice and green beans with at least one served with carrots, and one with mashed potatoes and another with a parsnip mash. All in it's taken the decision making process away and DD is not ordering as much take out. She said it's saving her money.

Delivery day was switched so tomorrow is another delivery day. I don't know what's going to be in the box so when it arrives and I unpack it, that's part of the fun!

I'm still trying to figure out how to dispose of the liquid gel in the gel packs. Haven't had time to look it up, so they are sitting out on my deck. I need to take care of that tomorrow.

In other news I ordered some golden tires for my car. They are obviously made of gold since they cost so much! I was not expecting my little car to cost as much or more for tires as my big van, but, I guess I forgot about how prices are these days. The day after they will be installed, I'm having new brake pads put on and an alignment done, so 2 mornings in a row of car stuff. I could delay this tire and brake stuff till next spring but I have my trip coming up and then another in January/February so I want the car to be ship shape if I'm going to be flying low on I-95.

Still haven't decided what my new car will be. Lots of possible models if you can find one to look at. I'm hands on so I want to see what I'm buying or at least sit in a version of it. Plus actually test drive it. I've got time. I don't have to change cars so I'll get there when it's what I want.

Good to see you, Judique!:grouphug: New🚗prayers, my friend along with happy and enjoyable meals, too!

Dad will be trying his new laptop tomorrow. He does agree with me that it's awfully small. His primary use for it would be watching live TV. The screen is definitely smaller on it than his current one. He smartly wants to try it out and also make sure Spectrum tv will work with the newer operating system. We'll go from there. Mail came again today :cheer2:

Wishing all of you sweet dreams. Be cozy tonight please, too!

Thanks everyone.

I am worn out. The ER doctor just cleaned the incision and glued it. My daughter is worried that they didn't look to see why it was bleeding since he is on blood thinners. Thankfully my DIL is also a nurse so she will change his dressings tomorrow and make sure it looks OK. I need to check it through the night and make sure it doesn't start bleeding again. The incision is in his chest muscle close to the heart so we are all concerned about an infection reaching the heart. I will call his cardiologist on Monday morning.

I told him I need a vacation again and he said GO to Disney for Christmas. I almost wish I could but maybe a trip down the Jersey shore to just walk along the beach for a day would be a good replacement trip.

Frozen pizza for dinner. It's a new brand so I hope it at least tastes good. Have a good evening everyone. I am so thankful to have found this thread and all the wonderful people on it.
:hug:

@tazdev3225 Glad Jim is home and that your daughter can keep an eye on things. I hope the incision heals well now with no issues. A trip to the shore sounds like a relaxing place to find some peace and calm. Disney is a great trip but not really relaxing. At least my trips aren't.

@flyingdumbo127 I hope your Dad likes the new laptop. Lenovo is a good brand. My last laptop was Lenovo and it lasted a long time for a laptop. I hope the bowl situation works out. It is hard to buy online when you can't really see or feel what you are buying.

Good morning. Another cold start at 32 degrees. The frost is obvious on the grass today. As I was walking the woman I talked with about the condo was walking her dog. I always talk with them and the dog knows me. She shouted that the dog was coming up behind me so I would not be startled. She said he saw me and made a beeline for me. It is funny because he is not a dog to want to be patted but just noticed. It was a nice way to start the day.

I am heading out to Jeff's house this morning to drop off the Halloween bags and then to see Kenny this afternoon. He does not have the kids this weekend so I will drop off the bags for him to give to them during the week. I am going to talk with Kenny about the condo and the logistics of moving. He bought a couch when we went to Bernie and Phyl's so I want to see how it looks in the house. My couch will not be coming until the end of the year due to supply chain issues. Furniture has really gone up in price. Like Judique with the tires, I am thinking there must be gold in the couch. And the delivery cost has skyrocketed. Thankfully this should be the last piece of furniture I need for a while.

Have a good day.

Good frosty morning all. Like @Snowysmom we are at 32, and have a hard frost. Going to warm up to mid 60's again today. I am going to wash the car one last time, then drain the hose in the sun, and turn the water off in the back yard. That will be another chore crossed off my "winter to do list", and yes I do have one of those, along with a 'summer to do list', lol!

@flyingdumbo127 Don has a Lenovo laptop, and he likes it. He doesn't watch tv shows on it however, so I can't give you his opinion on that. I think your Dad will like his though

@tazdev3225 -I am so glad that your daughter is a nurse. I went through something similar with Don (hubby) when he had pacemaker/icd issues and it got infected. Took 6 months to get that issue finally all taken care of. I hope Jim has no more issues with his

Going to clean the kitchen floor, as I never got to it yesterday. I finally finished all my chores late yesterday afternoon, and then relaxed in a hot tub for almost 45 min. I almost fell asleep in there, lol. Putting a chuck roast in the crockpot with onion, potato, and carrots for dinner, and I may cook up an acorn squash to go with that. Football Sunday again, which means another day where I find something else to watch, or something else to keep me busy.

Watched So Help Me Todd last night, and I am really enjoying that show. I think it might be my favorite new one of the Fall season so far. Don watches a lot of the new ones that I don't care for, such as LaBrea ( I just can't get into it so stopped watching), and I have narrrowed down the shows I watch now to just a few favorites.

Have a nice morning everyone!

xfQkOqD.jpg

Good Morning friends from cool LA,

Prayers each of you slept cozy last night and stay well and warm today, of course, too. Thank you all so much about the bowl. I still semi like both designs but do think the wreath design would make a lovely Christmas gift whereas the toast design could be for a birthday or Father's Day gift. I have also been thinking that the toast design would, of course, be perfect on a plate. I don't think the plates offered on the site are microwavable though so dad probably would not use it all that often. I do have time to decide on that. I appreciate also so much your 💻reviews and encouragement. The only thing that dad may not like about is its smaller screen size. He will check it out this afternoon. I'll let you know what he decided. It absolutely was a wonderful bargain.

Dad will shortly be going to Old Navy to pick up a pair of Hot Cocoa print pajamas that I ordered online for free in store pick up. With an online code, they cost $15. Not sure whether the code still works today, but should any of you want to try it, the code was BONUS for an extra 20 or 25% (don't remember which) off. I'm looking forward, as always, to later watching online worship.

:grouphug:Snowysmom. You just please enjoy a peaceful Sunday with your family.

:hug:Lynn, please come spend a cozy afternoon with me! We will watch something fun together :)

Waving hi with a hug to you both Bobbiwoz and B&B.

Love to all and I will check back later.

Good morning everyone! We have gone to on line Mass and I do remember you all in my prayers.

We do feed the birds and squirrels, but apparently not early enough, or maybe not enough to the squirrels’ liking. Over the past few months, they have figured out that we keep the food in our small cabinet on the porch. They have attempted to get the food themselves and have done damage.

42B36BE0-6ED1-45DC-8F36-523547630D5A.jpeg
Today Tom has bought some supplies to fix the damage and still secure the food.

Is Tom up to the job?? I sure hope he can thwart the little buggers!

I will be making some foods I have been craving. Potato pancakes, (Placki Ziemniaczane, in Polish, but we’ve always just called them Potato pancakes) have been some thing I have had a hankering for. I’ve mentioned them to Tom all week, but today‘s the day we will have them.

I wish everyone a good day!

Have spent rather too much time today as a slave to the cats (either as a lap/bed or outside with one of them) so not gotten much done. But I did start on pumpkin-carving, and am pleased to report the hand mixer trick that's going around for cleaning them out really does help!

I finished making up the last of the treat bags yesterday, so I am ready for tomorrow night except for putting a couple of spooky decorations on the porch.

Can't seem to quote on my phone, but hoping everything is healing better now, @tazdev3225, and echoing what Lynn said about being glad you have a nurse in the family to keep an eye on it!

Happy Sunday all...waiting for DH to be done with his video game so we can go to lunch. He gave me a hard time about having to get ready and now he's playing so I have wait for him. :sad2::laughing:

I have some things to return at Macy's and Lane Beyant so we'll go to favorite restaurant while we're on that side of town.

I'll be back to post later. :flower3:

Happy weekend! DH and I did some decluttering this morning and will bring a few items to donate this week. Then I made it a point to get outside to feel the delightful sunshine on my face while the kids and dog were playing in the backyard. Now I have a roast and veggies in the oven for dinner tonight and football on in the background. After dinner the kids want to do a movie night.

@tazdev3225 I hope you were all able to get some rest and your husband is recuperating well. You are all in my thoughts.

@flyingdumbo127 As much as I love the convenience of online shopping, sometimes it's difficult to make a purchase without seeing/holding the item in-person. Hope you can find a bowl that works well!

:wave:back dear Pea:hug:

You truly could write a book of funny 🐈stories, PollyannaMom!:hug:

:hug:AuntieMe3 and good to see you. I extra hope your eventual lunch will be tasty!

:thanks:Maple Moose. God-willing one day when i am able to safely get out, I absolutely will give God extra thanks for my being able to do so and won't ever (I pray) take that blessing for granted again. I much prefer in store to online shopping. Have a fun movie night!:hug:

I just went ahead and ordered the narrow rim bowl with the wreath. That may not have been the most economical of choices. My beloved dad has been through so very much the last couple of years and does so much for me, he's still our going out person, with love that this is something I pray small I can do for him. I really do like the wreath design on this bowl and think its shape/size should work perfectly for him to use daily for his morning granola and fresh berries. I will let all of you know when it comes. New bowl 🙏appreciated. Meantime, I will continue to try and find someone who might give me some money for the kid's bowl.

Wishing all of you a good rest of Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter