• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PTR Oct 2010 - An Aussie returns: Back home and TR started (11/02)

I'm down to my last 24 hours before I start my travelling. :cool1:

In 24 hours I will NOT be at home....and will be travelling to the airport.
And I've worked out I have a mountain of things to do:
  • I still have NOT packed.
  • I still have NOT finished my shopping.
  • I still have NOT cleaned the house.
  • I still have NOT finished the ironing.
  • I still have NOT washed that last load in the washing machine and dishwasher.
  • I still have NOT changed the linen in the house.
  • I still have NOT organised DS clothes and activities for the Grands to do next week.
  • I still have NOT suspended our newspaper delivery.
  • I still have NOT painted my nails.......(wait! I did NOT plan on doing this anyway ;))

On the plus side.....passport, tickets and US currency/spending money are changed and these items are NOT a problem...

So I do NOT have to complete the above list if I do NOT want to. :cheer2: :cheer2:

:lmao:.

princess::upsidedow

ps. I am still NOT looking forward to the long haul flight!

Other than packing I would NOT do any of those things before leaving. Especially change the bed linens. We have this problem that we have to cover the bed (with a waterproof mattress pad on top) when we go away because, well....let's just say the cats exhibit passive agressive behavior while we are gone so we always have to change the linens before we sleep in the bed.

Other than packing I would NOT do any of those things before leaving. Especially change the bed linens. We have this problem that we have to cover the bed (with a waterproof mattress pad on top) when we go away because, well....let's just say the cats exhibit passive agressive behavior while we are gone so we always have to change the linens before we sleep in the bed.

Sadly, I am having a very busy day.....and when I went to check my favourite pair of the sandals, I realised that I had worn the heel completely down in May. I had planned on getting them fixed but as it was winter, well.....they just never got looked at.

Today, I put them on and realised that either I would be breaking in a different pair of sandals at the World :scared1:; or I would need to bribe some cobbler to fix them ASAP.

Took me about 4 cobblers before I found one that was willing to prioritise the job. :woohoo:

So, I've been ticking off the NOT jobs during the day and will be heading out very shortly to pick up the sandals......

Then, I can finish packing.

And I decided to take much more clothes on this trip than I have ever done before. I had a quick think about when I would be able to schedule in laundry....and figured that there would NOT be time.

So, I've actually got 8 days worth of clothes with me; rather than my customary 4 or 5 days coverage. My bag does NOT have a lot of spare space for shopping...:sad2:. I've also taken 3 extra knits for layering purposes. Aside from the hot days and cold airconditioning changes, I understand that there is a little chill in the air at night in Orlando; plus San Francisco will be a lot colder. Oh well, it's just as well I was NOT planning on shopping (much) this trip.....:rolleyes1

Yeah, SF will be cold at this time...are you staying over on the way back? Wow! I wish I could transport out of my life and join you all, it would be so fun to just enjoy a worry free trip to the world without encumberances and stuff.

Yeah, SF will be cold at this time...are you staying over on the way back? Wow! I wish I could transport out of my life and join you all, it would be so fun to just enjoy a worry free trip to the world without encumberances and stuff.

Yes. We are staying for 2 nights in Silicon Valley on the way back. DH will stop by the office and say hello to a his colleagues.

Still NOT too late to come and join us.....:hug:

Other than the fact that I think this will coincide with our band concert, but tell me exactly where you are staying, cross streets and all because that is EXACTLY where I grew up! My parents live in Saratoga just off Saratoga-Sunnyvale Road at Prospect or better known as De Anza Blvd. My HS is Monta Vista, and for the life of me I can't remember the street name, but it's right there.

I bet you'll be within a couple miles of my folks house if you're in Silicon Valley!

I head out to the airport in about an hour.....(and I'm still NOT looking forward to the long long flight out).

As always, it has been a priviledge to play on the DisBoard.

Thanks for following my PTR.

I hope you had a great trip to the world, I can't wait to hear all about it!

It was so good meet you! I hope you and your DH had a safe fligh to San Francisco and another safe flight home! :)

Home safe today....after another 18 hour door to door day.

It was fantastic being at the World, even if it was for a brief 3 days. The highlight was being able to spend time with DisneyFirefly and taking pictures. I'm still unpacking my photos; but I reckon I may have got close on 1500 pictures just in the 3 days in Orlando :scared1:....

We're going to have to work out how to send the photos to each other.....did you have a nice end to the week? You obviously made it home safely :goodvibes

I missed you two, Kim and I just couldn't keep up the land of the last and if you noticed I DID get a lot done of my PTR, and I got some new subscribers! :banana: Friends from other TRs and Dining Reviews :yay:

I'm looking forward to hearing your reviews and now that you are both back from the world we can plan up our meets in DLR :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I missed you two, Kim and I just couldn't keep up the land of the last and if you noticed I DID get a lot done of my PTR, and I got some new subscribers! :banana: Friends from other TRs and Dining Reviews :yay:

I'm looking forward to hearing your reviews and now that you are both back from the world we can plan up our meets in DLR :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Looking forward to catching up on your PTR and meeting your new friends!

I missed you too.

Looking forward to catching up on your PTR and meeting your new friends!

I missed you too.

One of my new subscribers is a gal that I have been following since my trip back in January we were there for the same 10 days. I think both of you (PrincessInOZ and DisneyFirefly) would like Leshaface and enjoy her TR. She and her DH are soooo cute and she's really funny. She loves critters and unfortunately lost her special kitty recently, but has a couple new cute critters in the family...but you can check it out if want. If nothing else you can catch up on the decisions that Fran and I made, or should it say the decisions I made that Fran agreed to! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter