PTR for the planning obsessed....Updated 11/5 We're home now.

I don't buy that you didn't use all your credits. You're debating whether the cost of a snack makes it credit worthy on your own TR! I think your words were something along the line of, "It's less than $4? Pshaw.....not good enough to be our snack." Ok, so I may have used my own phrase there, but you get the picture.
Say it isn't so!!!

Pshaw.....not good enough to be our snack." Ok, so I may have used my own phrase there, but you get the picture.
Say it isn't so!!!

I love it that someone used Pshaw on my PTR! I say it "oh Peeeshaw!" and DH has no idea what it means.

So I just got off the phone with Disney and actually got a good CM. I have a hard time understanding thick accents over the phone so it was great that this CM didn't have one and she seemed to know what she was talking about.{the last CM I talked to tried telling me that you couldn't walk from SSR to DTD...I had to correct her}

Anyways ...I was checking to see if I have any new offers associated to my account...nope. She quoted me CBR 9 nights for $1410. I declined to make my reservation...told her I was waiting on a better deal. I was confused at the price at first until I realized that she was quoting with tax included. My spread sheet had it without tax. I have updated my spreadsheet so when I call back again I will be comparing apples to apples not apples to limes.

So when you call Disney know that tax is included in the quote and when you call....use the toll free number...it's free and it sends you to the head of the que. 1-877-939-3732 :wizard:

Tell me you didn't! Bad DISer....:sad2:

I'm a Good Diser........:thumbsup2

I don't buy that you didn't use all your credits. You're debating whether the cost of a snack makes it credit worthy on your own TR! I think your words were something along the line of, "It's less than $4? Pshaw.....not good enough to be our snack." Ok, so I may have used my own phrase there, but you get the picture.
Say it isn't so!!!

You'll see.....

I love it that someone used Pshaw on my PTR! I say it "oh Peeeshaw!" and DH has no idea what it means.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:shamrock: Happy St. Patty's Day !! :shamrock:

317004.jpg

Awwwww - I just want to eat up those adorable arms!! :) I love baby arms - and baby legs - and baby cheeks. Love babies. Almost makes me want another ;)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments about my little lad Liam!

We are such first time parents it's not funny. DS was having a hard time sleeping a few nights ago for several nights in a row. Well I decided that he must be afraid of the dark now and that's why he couldn't get back to sleep without me. Well...yesterday I was feeling his gums for signs of new teeth and low and behold...a new tooth had already broken thru. Way thru. He's slept thru the night for the last 2 nights.

I need suggestions from the children party planners out there. I'm really big on theme parties. If I throw a birthday party it has a theme. My 30th was Mardi Gras...DH's was hawaiian...my dad's 70th was a fall theme...years ago my mother's 50th was a wake (don't judge, it was funny...black arm bands in all) Well DS's 1st birthday is May 10 and we're having a party. Close friends and family...20 or so adults, 10 kids. And I can't decide on a theme.

I have wanted to do a circus theme but I'm having a hard time finding decordations for it. (We only have 1 party store near us and it's a discount place) And I can't really find much online. I wanted to make a circus tent cake. Then I saw the stuff for Clubhouse Mickey that I really like...really bold colors and the cutest mickey ear head bands for the kids to wear. But part of me thinks that doing a character party is cliche (sp?). And that I'll probably have to do them for years when the kid(s) are old enough to pick themselves. And I feel like everyone will expect me to do a Mickey theme party. (Many were surprised when I didn't do the nursey in Disney)

Any suggestions you have would be very helpful. (Please post lurkers!)

I wish gas prices weren't so high (and I have a SUV) or I'd drive south a bit and just shop around in a bigger town.

Don't have too much experience with parties with themes, but if you do end up with the circus theme, try not to have anything thats an actual "clown".

In high school yearbook class, every year we did secret Santa. Every year we did gag day and got something for our person that they had put on their dislikes list. I got a clown party decoration for my person because she disliked clowns. Little did I know that she'd freak out, run out of the room crying, and it would take us a week to convince her the clown was no longer in the room.

I know many people, especially kids, who have a phobia of clowns.

Just a heads up.

I understand about not wanting to do the character thing. I didn't the first year either. Actually, most of the years I haven't (we've done pirates, dinosaurs and army). For Sully's first birthday I did a farm theme. There's usually lots of stuff out there for that (I got my stuff through birthday express I think - or the local party store - too far back to remember).

Don't have too much experience with parties with themes, but if you do end up with the circus theme, try not to have anything thats an actual "clown".

In high school yearbook class, every year we did secret Santa. Every year we did gag day and got something for our person that they had put on their dislikes list. I got a clown party decoration for my person because she disliked clowns. Little did I know that she'd freak out, run out of the room crying, and it would take us a week to convince her the clown was no longer in the room.

I know many people, especially kids, who have a phobia of clowns.

Just a heads up.

I was going to do more animal stuff. And I'm not hiring a clown. My money is better spent on Disney :thumbsup2

Rumor has it that free dinning is going to be announced on April 10th...I know you are waiting on that to help with your planning.

I understand about not wanting to do the character thing. I didn't the first year either. Actually, most of the years I haven't (we've done pirates, dinosaurs and army). For Sully's first birthday I did a farm theme. There's usually lots of stuff out there for that (I got my stuff through birthday express I think - or the local party store - too far back to remember).

I checked out birthday express, thanks. I got another idea from it. How 'bout a jungle theme? What could I do for a cake? I could get the kids pith helmets to wear...that would be funny.

I'm crossing my fingers. I've got to update my pre-trip some point tonight because we're now officially moving to VIRGINIA!!!! And we'll def be able to afford Dis. Least I'm pretty sure.:cheer2: :dance3: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo:

I'm a bad mommy. I didn't do big partys for my kids 1st or 2nd or 10th.;) I'm really no help.

I found this for a jungle theme but it's way out of my league...
amazingamazon_lg.jpg

But I could probably do these

friendlylioncake_lg.jpg

animalcrackersgiraffe_lg.jpg

animalcrackerspanda_lg.jpg

Cute ideas! I love the jungle idea! Also, did you check out what Oriental Trading Company has in the way of jungle stuff? They usually have cute and inexpensive party items.

This is one I found at Family Fun Magazine:

Jungle Cake

Thanks for the post...it gave me the idea to check out the Wilton site. OMG ...they have a discussion forum with tons of ideas and examples...it's like the DIS of cakes

I'm crossing my fingers. I've got to update my pre-trip some point tonight because we're now officially moving to VIRGINIA!!!! And we'll def be able to afford Dis. Least I'm pretty sure.:cheer2: :dance3: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo:

Looking forward to that story

I'm a bad mommy. I didn't do big partys for my kids 1st or 2nd or 10th.;) I'm really no help.

Do you think a Flat Winkers theme party would scar the kids? for life or just a little bit?

Cute ideas! I love the jungle idea! Also, did you check out what Oriental Trading Company has in the way of jungle stuff? They usually have cute and inexpensive party items.

I had started there when I had the circus theme idea...when they didn't have anything I liked I pretty much knew I was going to have a hard time with that theme. I've used OTC for years for parties...personal and business. I used to plan all the employee parties at the ski area that I worked for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!