PTR for the planning obsessed....Updated 11/5 We're home now.

ok I've read thru and am caught up! I didn't even know your dates yet when I subbed in...thinking on pg 8 already I was "late" going in Oct...boy this is gonna be a fun ride :car:

Ok here are just some fun little comments of what I've read thus far:

your resort room organization....you're so like me...;)

we've stayed at CBR twice (before kids) and have enjoyed it yes...it's big. I recommend requesting a building close to the pool or lake. We stayed in Barbados and you're missing out by renting a car not getting to sing-along w/ the bus driver that Beach Boy song going around to pick up/drop off...it's in my head but I can't register the words...I'll try to remember and post again.

Anyhoot, one of my "off-line" crazy Diz friends is planning a trip way-out
(2010) to stay at CBR w/ their baby when they go again for his first trip. They really like it there.:thumbsup2

and I'm dreaming of a code.....maybe next time, have 2 mo to keep hoping though. man that 20% or 40% would help on the Poly

love the scrappoking stuff....and love the binder can I play along with the meet and greet binder fun from pg 4?

100_5366.jpg

sorry it's a little blury

I can hear your frustration and confusion in trying to budget $$ for a toddler...Margaret will be just over 18 mo when we go. We're doing the DDP, but still think I may need some additional food for her beyond sharing, etc...planning on using a few DDP S credits for her juice.

That's the best (St. Pat's) baby bib I've ever seen....wish I had found one of those, but alas all my kiddios have had there 1st already.:sad1:

YEAH!!! :yay: :yay: Theme parties...and theme parties for kids who won't even remember the party!!! there is someone else out there like me:goodvibes

Ditto on the OTC for favors and all sorts of clever things. I think the jungle theme will rock. I'll try and send some other clever thoughts your way. DH and I just love doing parties for our kids. Most of our friends think we're crazy :crazy:

OK now onto the Disney trip...I am doing TGM, but as not to get myself in trouble :rolleyes1 here. I did take a little peak...his OCT/NOV dates are not current for 08 yet. based on 07 your park choices look fairly good, with the exception of your 2nd and 3rd MK days. (little yellow and red) Also may I ask NO Epcot?? and I think the Tues night option is :thumbsup2 for the possible MNSSHP.

Have to think on the whole Sunday ideas to do. Mini golf? can you bring a stroller on the course? or do you have one of those kid backpacks (OK that sounds scary, but hopefully you know what I mean.) Go to the Poly at night and watch the EWP and Wishes from the beach... we havn't done any of the FWC things yet, but they have tons of fun options reasearch a bit more on that. plus they have a free movie and Chip & Dale sing-along marshmellow roast there at night.

Happy planning,
be back for more.

Your son is so cute!

I love your plans for your vacation. I'd love to do a couple of no parks days, but I can't bring myself to do it :lmao:

Can't wait to see your ADRs!

I'd like to say (at least for DH's sake) that our non-park days are sleep-in lay by the pool/read a book days but we usually do something like all day shopping at DTD. But I think with 3 "off" days this trip we might get some relaxation in.

It sounds precious! Are you going to make the invites? Can't wait to see pics of it all! Liam will be in seventh heaven!
Yes I am making the invites...(I did my own Christmas cards this past year too). I'll post pictures when I get them done.

Thanks for reading!

ok I've read thru and am caught up! I didn't even know your dates yet when I subbed in...thinking on pg 8 already I was "late" going in Oct...boy this is gonna be a fun ride :car:

I hope I don't bore people with the details ...I might do some re-cap TR's of past trips here as well

Ok here are just some fun little comments of what I've read thus far:

your resort room organization....you're so like me...;)

I wish my house was like that...but that's why we need the addition

we've stayed at CBR twice (before kids) and have enjoyed it yes...it's big. I recommend requesting a building close to the pool or lake. We stayed in Barbados and you're missing out by renting a car not getting to sing-along w/ the bus driver that Beach Boy song going around to pick up/drop off...it's in my head but I can't register the words...I'll try to remember and post again.

I'm actually thinking of requesting Tridad South...I want to be away from everything...I don't plan to use the food court much...and since we have a car we can always drive.

Anyhoot, one of my "off-line" crazy Diz friends is planning a trip way-out
(2010) to stay at CBR w/ their baby when they go again for his first trip. They really like it there.:thumbsup2

Nice to hear that it's well liked by someone with a little one

and I'm dreaming of a code.....maybe next time, have 2 mo to keep hoping though. man that 20% or 40% would help on the Poly

I got another one for May....Hello Disney...you know I'm going in Oct/Nov

love the scrappoking stuff....and love the binder can I play along with the meet and greet binder fun from pg 4?

Hello binder ...welcome to the ODC Binder Club!

100_5366.jpg

sorry it's a little blury

I can hear your frustration and confusion in trying to budget $$ for a toddler...Margaret will be just over 18 mo when we go. We're doing the DDP, but still think I may need some additional food for her beyond sharing, etc...planning on using a few DDP S credits for her juice.

I'm looking forward to hearing how Margaret does
Being a first time mum; I don't even know what DS would be eating here at home much less at WDW

That's the best (St. Pat's) baby bib I've ever seen....wish I had found one of those, but alas all my kiddios have had there 1st already.:sad1:

He's had one for all the major holiday except Valentine's Day...they were all to girly...so I dressed him in a red shirt instead.

YEAH!!! :yay: :yay: Theme parties...and theme parties for kids who won't even remember the party!!! there is someone else out there like me:goodvibes
Ditto on the OTC for favors and all sorts of clever things. I think the jungle theme will rock. I'll try and send some other clever thoughts your way. DH and I just love doing parties for our kids. Most of our friends think we're crazy :crazy:

My friends expect me to throw kid theme parties....both my dogs got a theme party for their 1st birthdays too. Bailey had Blues Clue and Riley had 101 Dalmanions ...

OK now onto the Disney trip...I am doing TGM, but as not to get myself in trouble :rolleyes1 here. I did take a little peak...his OCT/NOV dates are not current for 08 yet. based on 07 your park choices look fairly good, with the exception of your 2nd and 3rd MK days. (little yellow and red) Also may I ask NO Epcot?? and I think the Tues night option is :thumbsup2 for the possible MNSSHP.

Thanks for looking for me. I might break down and get it. I spend money on worst things. From the little I've gotten about TGM...TGM and UG don't seem to agree on MK days. Good to hear on MNSSHP. We are going to Epcot on the last day...Monday.

Have to think on the whole Sunday ideas to do. Mini golf? can you bring a stroller on the course? or do you have one of those kid backpacks (OK that sounds scary, but hopefully you know what I mean.) Go to the Poly at night and watch the EWP and Wishes from the beach... we havn't done any of the FWC things yet, but they have tons of fun options reasearch a bit more on that. plus they have a free movie and Chip & Dale sing-along marshmellow roast there at night.

I would love to mini golf but DH seems to hate it...why I don't know. I would love to see the EWP..never have before.

Happy planning,
be back for more.

I have another update in the works.

I realized that when I posted our current itinerary I didn’t really go into much detail as to why it’s the way it is. So I decided to go back over it with more detail.

I always start with the crowd calendar from UG/tour plans. I look at what they’re saying is the best park(s) for that day plus looking at EMH and the busiest days of the week list. I balance this all with what I think is the best touring itinerary for my family. Example: I like to go to MK early in the vacation but usually not as the first park.

Sunday October 26 2008 *

Fly out in early am --DH gets motion sick on planes so that means he doesn’t eat before a flight…that means that I have to take one of the earliest flights out in the morning and book a non-stop flight if I can. Thankfully Southwest had early non-stops flights to Orlando from our home airport. We fly out of a small regional airport and it’s super easy…45 minutes to an hour from our house.

Pick up rental car – I had decided early on that I wanted a rental car for this trip. I usually just use ME (hired a towncar before ME started), Disney buses and taxis. But I don’t want the stress of waiting for a bus with an 18 mo. old. We have had at least one horrible experience with the buses every trip. We’ll see how it goes…we might go back to no rental.

Get groceries – We have the car so we might as well stop and save from money.

Check In to resort – I’m really hoping that our room is ready before 3pm but I’m guessing that Sundays are huge check out days. We’ll just have to find a hammock in the shade until it’s ready.

Relax at resort –Well DH and DS will probably relax/nap. I’ll be busy putting things away and organizing the room. I won’t be able to fully relax until that is done anyways.

Go to Boardwalk area for the evening –DH and I always go to the Boardwalk area on the first night to have dinner and hang-out. If you read Allearsnet you probably read my “Romance” tip about this. I think the only way we won’t go to the BW this night is if I decide to go to MNSSHP instead. But I think that would be way too long of a day for all of us.

Monday 10/27
No parks – My thinking with no park on the first day is that I don’t know how DS is going to handle things…this gives us a day to adjust to not being home. That being said DS is currently very well behaved and pretty low key. People come over to us at restaurants to compliement how well behaved he is. I just want to make sure he is well rested. If a change is needed I would consider going to DS or EP this day.

Relax at resort – I picked CBR for the white sand beaches and playgrounds for DS. The new pool should be done as well…it’s going to have a pirate theme (big surprise there)

Shopping at Disney outlet store in Orlando – I know there are 2 Disney outlets in Orlando…has anyone been to them? Please share

Tuesday 10/28 *
Disney’s Hollywood Studios (DS)
At this point the only characters that DS knows are from the current line up of Play House Disney. I thought this park would be a great way to ease into the vacation.

Wednesday 10/29
Magic Kingdom
I can’t wait too long to go to MK!! Wishes…need I say more?

Thursday 10/30 *
No parks – DH would rather a whole vacation that wasn’t planned. He got that once… our honeymoon in Hawaii. I had one thing planned in advance and that was so we saved money on tickets.
Downtown Disney to shop – I figure the boys can join me in the morning and for lunch and then go back to the resort to play in the pool/sand…take a nap. I will be shopping in heaven….World of Disney without having to worry that I am boring DH. I shop from one end of the Marketplace to the other end of Westside. I bring my skiing backpack so I can be hands free…hey a Sherpa would work well here too. (I might have to work on a business plan for Rent-A-Vacation-Sherpa) I can take the bus back to the resort after I’ve spent all my money.

Friday 10/31 Halloween *
Animal Kingdom
I love love love AK! We really stop and smell the roses here. Like I mentioned before…we won’t take a break back at the hotel room this day. Hopefully DS will nap in the stroller (we are bringing our own). I don’t care to see the parade again and I think I want to do EE for the first time. They were building it in 2005 and I was preggers in 2007. DH has no interest in it (that whole motion sickness thing and all)

Trick or Tricking in DTD if offered
I really hope we can do this and it works well with going to AK today.

Saturday 11/1
Magic Kingdom
I always like to go to MK twice in a trip. I’m a little worried with going on a Saturday but UG claims that Saturday’s are the second least crowded days to go to MK. The reasoning is that most people are traveling on Saturdays. We’ll see if this plan sticks.

Sunday 11/2

No parks
Relax at resort
Need ideas of something to do today. I really don’t have any plans for this day at all. Waterpark? Something in the Orlando area? Fort Wilderness petting farm (not that would take all day)? Check out other resorts? I need help here DISer’s!!!!

Monday 11/3
Epcot
Food and Wine will be going on. So I don’t want to go to EP on a weekend day. I have no real desire to see Illuminations again (unless the changes to the globe are wicked cool) We could possibly hop this evening somewhere else.

Tuesday 11/4
Depart for Airport (morning)
I’ll try to get the 10am flight out of Orlando…I can’t go early than that. DH usually at least will have a bagel on departure day.

Here are my tips of the day:

If you haven't seen Enchanted yet get the DVD...it's excellent! A new Classic!

And my website recommendation is miceage.com
It's mostly about the California Dinsey parks but they cover Florida and Paris a lot too. It's really well written articles and lots of pictures

Sunday October 26 2008 *

Fly out in early am --DH gets motion sick on planes so that means he doesn’t eat before a flight…that means that I have to take one of the earliest flights out in the morning and book a non-stop flight if I can. Thankfully Southwest had early non-stops flights to Orlando from our home airport. We fly out of a small regional airport and it’s super easy…45 minutes to an hour from our house.

Our airport is the BEST!! :thumbsup2

Go to Boardwalk area for the evening –DH and I always go to the Boardwalk area on the first night to have dinner and hang-out. If you read Allearsnet you probably read my “Romance” tip about this. I think the only way we won’t go to the BW this night is if I decide to go to MNSSHP instead. But I think that would be way too long of a day for all of us.

The Boardwalk is great - DH & I went there on our date night in October. We ate at the Yacht Club then walked over.

Monday 10/27
No parks – My thinking with no park on the first day is that I don’t know how DS is going to handle things…this gives us a day to adjust to not being home. That being said DS is currently very well behaved and pretty low key. People come over to us at restaurants to compliement how well behaved he is. I just want to make sure he is well rested. If a change is needed I would consider going to DS or EP this day.

Relax at resort – I picked CBR for the white sand beaches and playgrounds for DS. The new pool should be done as well…it’s going to have a pirate theme (big surprise there)

Shopping at Disney outlet store in Orlando – I know there are 2 Disney outlets in Orlando…has anyone been to them? Please share

I could never do this... I am always way too excited to get into the parks! Good for you that you know you need it!

Tuesday 10/28 *
Disney’s Hollywood Studios (DS)
At this point the only characters that DS knows are from the current line up of Play House Disney. I thought this park would be a great way to ease into the vacation.

Can't wait for the boys to see the new PHD show. They would have loved it in October, but it was the old show then. They'll probably be too old to appreciate it next year?? :sad2:

Wednesday 10/29
Magic Kingdom
I can’t wait too long to go to MK!! Wishes…need I say more?

:cloud9:
I've never seen Wishes. :scared1: Can you even believe that!

Thursday 10/30 *
No parks – DH would rather a whole vacation that wasn’t planned. He got that once… our honeymoon in Hawaii. I had one thing planned in advance and that was so we saved money on tickets.
Downtown Disney to shop – I figure the boys can join me in the morning and for lunch and then go back to the resort to play in the pool/sand…take a nap. I will be shopping in heaven….World of Disney without having to worry that I am boring DH. I shop from one end of the Marketplace to the other end of Westside. I bring my skiing backpack so I can be hands free…hey a Sherpa would work well here too. (I might have to work on a business plan for Rent-A-Vacation-Sherpa) I can take the bus back to the resort after I’ve spent all my money.

:lmao: :lmao:

Friday 10/31 Halloween *
Animal Kingdom
I love love love AK! We really stop and smell the roses here. Like I mentioned before…we won’t take a break back at the hotel room this day. Hopefully DS will nap in the stroller (we are bringing our own). I don’t care to see the parade again and I think I want to do EE for the first time. They were building it in 2005 and I was preggers in 2007. DH has no interest in it (that whole motion sickness thing and all)

LOVE EE!!

Trick or Tricking in DTD if offered
I really hope we can do this and it works well with going to AK today.

Saturday 11/1
Magic Kingdom
I always like to go to MK twice in a trip. I’m a little worried with going on a Saturday but UG claims that Saturday’s are the second least crowded days to go to MK. The reasoning is that most people are traveling on Saturdays. We’ll see if this plan sticks.

Sunday 11/2

No parks
Relax at resort
Need ideas of something to do today. I really don’t have any plans for this day at all. Waterpark? Something in the Orlando area? Fort Wilderness petting farm (not that would take all day)? Check out other resorts? I need help here DISer’s!!!!

Sorry - I just can't pull myself out of the parks... I haven't done much else. :confused3

Monday 11/3
Epcot
Food and Wine will be going on. So I don’t want to go to EP on a weekend day. I have no real desire to see Illuminations again (unless the changes to the globe are wicked cool) We could possibly hop this evening somewhere else.

Tuesday 11/4
Depart for Airport (morning)
I’ll try to get the 10am flight out of Orlando…I can’t go early than that. DH usually at least will have a bagel on departure day.

Here are my tips of the day:

If you haven't seen Enchanted yet get the DVD...it's excellent! A new Classic!

And my website recommendation is miceage.com
It's mostly about the California Dinsey parks but they cover Florida and Paris a lot too. It's really well written articles and lots of pictures

Thanks for posting more details!!
Amy

So I'm probably the only person who didn't realize the CBR pool refurb was pirate pirate: themed. :sad2: That makes sense! I'd love to spend Halloween at Disney. I never even knew trick or treating at DTD might be an option. Do you have a costume in mind for DS?

You're so organized. I wish I could make a plan for each day of the trip. I guess I'll have to get started.

As we get closer to the October trip for DH and me, I will definitely be asking you questions about Boardwalk. We want to do an evening there since it will just be the two of us!

I shop from one end of the Marketplace to the other end of Westside. I bring my skiing backpack so I can be hands free…hey a Sherpa would work well here too. (I might have to work on a business plan for Rent-A-Vacation-Sherpa) I can take the bus back to the resort after I’ve spent all my money.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: I think I need a Sherpa, too -- we always end up with so much stuff to carry.

I think I want to do EE for the first time. They were building it in 2005 and I was preggers in 2007. DH has no interest in it (that whole motion sickness thing and all)

Our family loved EE -- especially DH and the kids. The gift shop is fantastic -- if you like Yeti/Everest themed merchandise. We left with three stuffed Yetis. :thumbsup2

I love your itinerary.

Very relaxing pace.......:thumbsup2

It doesn't look like days are overstuffed........

And scheduled no park days.....the BEST.

Ideas for that one day...hmmmm....let me think about that one....

Hi Everyone...I know lots of us use allearsnet.com to help plan our vacations to Disney...I know I do... a lot! Anyways I just wanted you to know that you still have time to make a donation to Deb Wills' Avon Walk for breast cancer for the 2008 walk. I just made my $10 donation...it's not much but every bit helps. I don't pay for her great Disney website so I figure a donation to her charity is a good way to help out. :lovestruc

Here's the link
http://allearsnet.com/AvonWalk/

So I finally did it...I signed up for TGM. There's a lot to read on his site and I don't really get what has been personalize for me yet...just looks like a bunch of lists to me. Can someone tell me if there is somewhere on TGM that I can create my itinerary day by day?

I did find the crowd level/best park day section (October/November is not up yet) I do like that he explains why he chooses what he does because then I can decide if I agree with his reasoning or not.

Any help from fellow DISers would be wonderful so I can get the most out of it. Feel me to PM me if you don't want to post TGM stuff.

I also have been wading my way through TGM. From what I've gathered, he doesn't personalize an itinerary for you, he just gives you the info to create your own. There's just so many articles to get through! I'm honestly not sure whether TGM was worth the cost. I'm with you; maybe there's something I'm missing. :confused3

I did find the crowd level/best park day section (October/November is not up yet) I do like that he explains why he chooses what he does because then I can decide if I agree with his reasoning or not.

Hi Heidi,

Wow... I'm behind on my TR's, but I'm really behind on my PTR's....I didn't even realize you were writing one! :faint:

I think the "Best Park" section is the most valuable bit of info on TGM...I swear by it...we've used it faithfully the past two trips and he did not steer us wrong. :thumbsup2

Kathy

So I finally did it...I signed up for TGM. There's a lot to read on his site and I don't really get what has been personalize for me yet...just looks like a bunch of lists to me. Can someone tell me if there is somewhere on TGM that I can create my itinerary day by day?

Any help from fellow DISers would be wonderful so I can get the most out of it. Feel me to PM me if you don't want to post TGM stuff.

I am trying to figure out the same thing! I haven't been able to figure out how to make my day by day itinerary or what exactly is personalized. Maybe I'm missing something :confused3

I know nothing about TGM so I am eagerly reading everyone's responses. If you guys decide you like it, I may have to join, too. I don't want to be left out or anything :).

I also have been wading my way through TGM. From what I've gathered, he doesn't personalize an itinerary for you, he just gives you the info to create your own. There's just so many articles to get through! I'm honestly not sure whether TGM was worth the cost. I'm with you; maybe there's something I'm missing. :confused3

I figured it was worth the cost just for something else to read and for the best days stuff. Over the weekend I spent $20 on a computer game that I've already stopped playing so I used FDM to come up with that it was ok to spend another $20 on TGM that I would look at longer. :confused3

Hi Heidi,

Wow... I'm behind on my TR's, but I'm really behind on my PTR's....I didn't even realize you were writing one! :faint:

I think the "Best Park" section is the most valuable bit of info on TGM...I swear by it...we've used it faithfully the past two trips and he did not steer us wrong. :thumbsup2

Kathy
Hi Kathy :welcome: ...nice to see that you are taking a little time for yourself to do some DISin'. I agree about the "Best Park" section...I'm just waiting for Oct & Nov to be published.

I am trying to figure out the same thing! I haven't been able to figure out how to make my day by day itinerary or what exactly is personalized. Maybe I'm missing something :confused3

I really don't think anything is personalized. I think the questionaire at the beginning is just to narrow down the list of articles that TGM sets up for you to read. I think the meat of the good information for our trips is in the monthly sections...but it seems like you have to drill down into links to get to it.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...I'd hate to be giving out bad info just because I'm new to the TGM site.

I know nothing about TGM so I am eagerly reading everyone's responses. If you guys decide you like it, I may have to join, too. I don't want to be left out or anything :).

So far I feel it was worth the $$...but like Kathy said the Best Park day information is where the real value is.

The only 2 things so far it wish I hadn't spend money on was (1) getting the Passporter in DELUXE...I don't like the pockets...won't use them because I have my own system that I like better (more on that in a future update). I still like the UG the best for information but the Passporter is much easier to use for quick reference ... and all the pictures of the authors and their family gets old quick. And (2) I really didn't need to buy the Passporter Open Mouse...it has a lot of great info in it but the charts and maps are not in color like in the regular Passporter and it's really hard for me to follow along with all the codes they put in there for the different "issues". I could never remember what codes were mine.

On the topic of TGM, I said on my PTR that I think the way he sneaks your name into the articles is CREEPY.
EX: "It's important to get to the park for rope drop. You don't want to be stuck in a running, sweaty herd o' people, now do you BRITTBRITT?"
For some reason, I'm annoyed by him addressing me by name. Weird? :confused3

I really don't think anything is personalized. I think the questionaire at the beginning is just to narrow down the list of articles that TGM sets up for you to read. I think the meat of the good information for our trips is in the monthly sections...but it seems like you have to drill down into links to get to it.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...I'd hate to be giving out bad info just because I'm new to the TGM site.

I agree. I hope someone can clarify the whole TGM site. I don't want to be negative either about a website that I may not be using properly. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. If I don't figure this out soon, I'm going to end up cheating on Mike with the Unofficial Guide.

I definitely agree that the best park portion is the value in TGM. I also use it to read about where the best spots are for watching pardes, etc. I read up on MNSSHP tips before we went in October and that was helpful. I'm sure there are MANY other parts that I'm not taking full advantage of. The site is very overwhelming, but what I've used has always been helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter