Protocol on vaccines, vaccinations, Janssen

lodge

DIS Veteran
I see several references to 2 shots on vaccination card. The Janssen only requires one to be fully inoculated. Has anyone come across an official statement recognizing that this as accepted to cruise and be considered fully vaccinated?

I see several references to 2 shots on vaccination card. The Janssen only requires one to be fully inoculated. Has anyone come across an official statement recognizing that this as accepted to cruise and be considered fully vaccinated?

true, no I haven’t seen anything yet. One of my adult kids got that one. thats A good question.

Been away from the Disboards too long. It’s great to see contributors again that helped my Disney journey begin! :chat::lovestruc

There is no reason why it would not be accepted. It has been given the same emergency authorization as the others and has been widely distributed. They gave it to the teachers around where live (went into the schools and gave them). My teacher friends say that they have to refer to it as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or they get confused looks. Once they say J&J then everybody knows what they are talking about.

When you go to the safe passages website to enter your vaccine info, it has the US available vaccines listed first. Under that is a huge list of vaccines from other parts of the world. Didn’t read the list because we had Pfizer, but I am sure it is listed if it is an approved vaccine.

I haven’t heard about any issues with the J&J vaccine. Some cruise lines have indicated if you mixed vaccine doses (say one from Pfizer and one from Moderna), they would not consider you fully vaccinated. This seems to be a bigger issue in Canada, but I haven’t seen anything from Disney on this situation.

I haven’t heard about any issues with the J&J vaccine. Some cruise lines have indicated if you mixed vaccine doses (say one from Pfizer and one from Moderna), they would not consider you fully vaccinated. This seems to be a bigger issue in Canada, but I haven’t seen anything from Disney on this situation.
No, the issue is if you have one dose of an mRNA vaccine and one dose of a viral vector vaccine. So no AstraZeneca + Pfizer (or Moderna). But you can do Pfizer + Moderna (both Mrna).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!