Protocol on vaccines, vaccinations, Janssen

lodge

DIS Veteran
I see several references to 2 shots on vaccination card. The Janssen only requires one to be fully inoculated. Has anyone come across an official statement recognizing that this as accepted to cruise and be considered fully vaccinated?

n2mm

aka WALTSGIRL
I see several references to 2 shots on vaccination card. The Janssen only requires one to be fully inoculated. Has anyone come across an official statement recognizing that this as accepted to cruise and be considered fully vaccinated?
true, no I haven’t seen anything yet. One of my adult kids got that one. thats A good question.

lodge

DIS Veteran
Been away from the Disboards too long. It’s great to see contributors again that helped my Disney journey begin! :chat::lovestruc

icc2515

DIS Veteran
There is no reason why it would not be accepted. It has been given the same emergency authorization as the others and has been widely distributed. They gave it to the teachers around where live (went into the schools and gave them). My teacher friends say that they have to refer to it as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or they get confused looks. Once they say J&J then everybody knows what they are talking about.

cvjw

DIS Veteran
When you go to the safe passages website to enter your vaccine info, it has the US available vaccines listed first. Under that is a huge list of vaccines from other parts of the world. Didn’t read the list because we had Pfizer, but I am sure it is listed if it is an approved vaccine.

vrneuroh

Earning My Ears
I haven’t heard about any issues with the J&J vaccine. Some cruise lines have indicated if you mixed vaccine doses (say one from Pfizer and one from Moderna), they would not consider you fully vaccinated. This seems to be a bigger issue in Canada, but I haven’t seen anything from Disney on this situation.

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• PrincessShmoo

DIS veteran
    I haven’t heard about any issues with the J&J vaccine. Some cruise lines have indicated if you mixed vaccine doses (say one from Pfizer and one from Moderna), they would not consider you fully vaccinated. This seems to be a bigger issue in Canada, but I haven’t seen anything from Disney on this situation.
    No, the issue is if you have one dose of an mRNA vaccine and one dose of a viral vector vaccine. So no AstraZeneca + Pfizer (or Moderna). But you can do Pfizer + Moderna (both Mrna).

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!