Princess Weekend 2023 (Feb 23-26, 2023)

I wish they had used a different color for the route on the 5k course map. I know they are using the background color in the Jasmine 5k artwork, but it's a bit difficult to see IMO.

Question 1. Yoga participants... I'm staying at Poly, can I just walk to the TT&C right?
or are they limiting pedestrians and everyone needs to go to the bus?

Question 2. If I have a slow pace (say 16mins/mile) and want to be as front as possible in the corral I get, what time aprox should I be getting there? can you share a little bit on how the logistics work? so.. everyone gets together for the music and characters then at certain time they allow people to go to the corrals?

Thanks a lot, this is going to be my first event :)

Seems like they have 3-4 maps in the rotation that they use now (this one with HS being the newest as far as I know). Curious about which one they go with for Springtime Surprise.
The 10 miler is definitely hitting HS because they have it opening 30 minutes later on that Sunday than all the other days.

Question 1. Yoga participants... I'm staying at Poly, can I just walk to the TT&C right?
or are they limiting pedestrians and everyone needs to go to the bus?

Question 2. If I have a slow pace (say 16mins/mile) and want to be as front as possible in the corral I get, what time aprox should I be getting there? can you share a little bit on how the logistics work? so.. everyone gets together for the music and characters then at certain time they allow people to go to the corrals?

Thanks a lot, this is going to be my first event :)
They open the corrals like 3:30-4:00am, and if you really want to be at the front, go as soon as they make the announcement. For Wine & Dine 2022 Half, I started the long, 20 minute walk to the corrals at 3:41am and ended up at the front of my corral (B)

The answer kind of depends on the race.

For the 10K, the corrals are adjacent to the race reunion area. If you want to get to the front of the corral, it is relatively quick and easy to head that way as soon as you get there (note: there is a longer walk from the parking lot through security to the reunion area).

For the half, there's about a 1+ mile walk from the reunion area to the corrals. So again, you will want to head that way as soon as possible, but make sure to factor that long walk into your timing.

The race guide should tell you (somewhere) what time the corrals open.

Not sure if any are left but I saw this post elsewhere and thought I'd share for those still looking for a bib:

Give Kids The World has bibs leftover from runners unable to attend next week and need to sell them before the deadline tonight. Since we only have just a couple left, all we are asking for is the registration fee to prevent us from operating at a loss.
5K: $100
10K: $150
Half: $200
To get a bib, email: darrylc@gktw.org (DJ)

Not sure if any are left but I saw this post elsewhere and thought I'd share for those still looking for a bib:

Give Kids The World has bibs leftover from runners unable to attend next week and need to sell them before the deadline tonight. Since we only have just a couple left, all we are asking for is the registration fee to prevent us from operating at a loss.

@Mr_Incr3dible

That's interesting that they're charging $150 for the 10K bib that cost $146, but only charging $200 for the HM bib that cost $230.

Pre-Race Meetup

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 1.07.24 PM.png

Attached is an image for the pre-race meetup. We are meeting at the lightpost that is just north of the baby care/Advent Health tent area.

See this youtube video at 3:40-4:08 for a visual.

Youtube Video of Spot 3:40-4:08:

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 1.11.47 PM.png

5k: 3:00am - 3:45/4:00am
10k: 3:00am - 3:45/4:00am
HM: 2:30am - 3:30/3:45am

**I've linked this post to the OP. So morning of, go to the original post and you'll easily find this post.**

**Also, as a reminder the Saturday 25th meetup is at Hurricane Hannah's at 2:30-4:30pm**

**I'm running all three races and plan to be on first bus for all. So I should be at the meetup location as early as I can be. If my daughter and I do pre-race photos before the 5k, then we may be a little later than the listed times. But we also aren't in a rush to get to our corral and can hang a little longer.**

Pre-Race Meetup

View attachment 738676

Attached is an image for the pre-race meetup. We are meeting at the lightpost that is just north of the baby care/Advent Health tent area.

See this youtube video at 3:40-4:08 for a visual.

Youtube Video of Spot 3:40-4:08:

View attachment 738678

5k: 3:00am - 3:45/4:00am
10k: 3:00am - 3:45/4:00am
HM: 2:30am - 3:30/3:45am
Are you running the HM in addition to the 5K? If so, I hope to be able to meet up with you before the race. My daughter and I are running as Merida and Fergus.

Are you running the HM in addition to the 5K? If so, I hope to be able to meet up with you before the race. My daughter and I are running as Merida and Fergus.

I'm running all three races and plan to be on first bus for all. So I should be at the meetup location as early as I can be. If my daughter and I do pre-race photos before the 5k, then we may be a little later than the listed times. But we also aren't in a rush to get to our corral and can hang a little longer.

I'm running all three races and plan to be on first bus for all. So I should be at the meetup location as early as I can be. If my daughter and I do pre-race photos before the 5k, then we may be a little later than the listed times. But we also aren't in a rush to get to our corral and can hang a little longer.
I hope that you and G have a great 5K! My daughter is in high school, so she can't afford to miss Friday. Thus, we're "only" doing the HM.

Race Day Logistics

Here are some race day logistics based on my running runDisney since 2014 and being an absolute nut about notes and time.

5k/10k
3:00am: Buses/Monorail begin to run from the resorts to EPCOT. The first bus tends to leave around 2:55-3:00am. So if the goal is to be on the first bus, I would recommend being in the pickup area around 2:45am. This is also the time that the EPCOT area could open. Sometimes it's a few minutes later, and sometimes they're on time.

3:00-3:15am: Some time no long after the EPCOT area opens is when pre-race characters will start. If you want to do pre-race characters then you should be on the first bus. You could be on the second bus, but the lines will get longer and eventually they will cut them off. The cutoff time tends to happen sooner than you think. So if you want pre-race photos be early.

3:00-3:45/4:00am: We will have a pre-race meetup at the predetermined location (link).

3:45-4:00am: Around 60 to 75 min before the race is scheduled to start, they will open up the corrals. The map below shows the pre-race reunion area. They hold runners before 3:45-4:00am at the red arrow. The red "X" is where the pre-race meetup location is.

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 1.24.28 PM.png

4:30am - The corral will start to fill up once they open around 3:45/4:00am. Corral A will close around 4:30am and start the walkout towards the start line. If you are a Corral A runner, then you want to be in the corral by around 4:20am.

4:45-5:00am - Corral B tends to close and move not long after Corral A has made their way towards the start line. This typically but not always occurs before the race start.

5:00am - Race start. Sometimes it is delayed, but the start is usually on time.

5:45-6:00am - The last runners will start the race. When the last runner starts is the beginning of the 16 min/mile pace requirement from their location. This is marked by the "balloon ladies". There is no sweeping in the 5k, but they will encourage you forward, will close character lines, and in some cases will golf cart you to the finish if necessary. But the environment at the very very back is more relaxed for the 5k, than the other two distances.

6:30am - Per the event guide, 5k and 10k race transportation will not begin back to the resorts until 6:30am. This is because the 5k course follows the same road used by race transportation. Per my notes from 2022, the 10k bus back to the resort left not much longer after 6:00am.

HM

2:30am: Buses/Monorail begin to run from the resorts to EPCOT. The first bus tends to leave around 2:25-2:30am. So if the goal is to be on the first bus, I would recommend being in the pickup area around 2:15am. This is also the time that the EPCOT area could open. Sometimes it's a few minutes later, and sometimes they're on time.

2:30-2:45am: Some time no long after the EPCOT area opens is when pre-race characters will start. If you want to do pre-race characters then you should be on the first bus. You could be on the second bus, but the lines will get longer and eventually they will cut them off. The cutoff time tends to happen sooner than you think. So if you want pre-race photos be early.

2:30-3:30/3:45am: We will have a pre-race meetup at the predetermined location (link).

3:30-3:45am: Around 75 to 90 min before the race is scheduled to start, they will open up the corrals. The map below shows the pre-race reunion area. They hold runners before 3:30-3:45am at the red arrow. To get to the red arrow you will walk through gear check. The red "X" is where the pre-race meetup location is.

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 1.35.54 PM.png

You'll walk about a mile from the red arrow holding location to the corrals.

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 1.37.04 PM.png

4:30am - The corral will start to fill up once they open around 3:30/3:45am. Corral A will close around 4:30-4:45am. If you are a Corral A runner, then you want to be in the corral by around 4:20am.

4:45-5:00am - They sometimes start closing other corrals before the race has even started. If you are in an earlier corral, then be sure to be in your corral by about 4:30-4:45am at the latest.

5:00am - Race start. Sometimes it is delayed, but the start is usually on time.

5:45-6:00am - The last runners will start the race. When the last runner starts is the beginning of the 16 min/mile pace requirement from their location. This is marked by the "balloon ladies".

7:30am - Per the event guide and my notes, HM race transportation will not begin back to the resorts until 7:30am.

Based on your previous posting, I believe you're club runDisney. So you'll likely be in Corral B. Only about 15-20% of the field will be in Corral A/B for the HM if they follow a similar structure as they have the last few years. So the difference between the front of Corral B and the back of Corral B is about 2-5 min or so. So since you're in B, I wouldn't stress a ton about your position in the corral. There's a difference, but the difference is going to be more minimal than say the front or back of Corral C where it could be a 18 min difference in start time. Not saying you shouldn't go for the front of B if that's what you want, but only that if I were in your shoes I wouldn't stress about it too much since the difference is minimal. Soak in the atmosphere and everything that's going on around you. And come to the pre-race meetup too! :thumbsup2

Based on your previous posting, I believe you're club runDisney. So you'll likely be in Corral B. Only about 15-20% of the field will be in Corral A/B for the HM if they follow a similar structure as they have the last few years. So the difference between the front of Corral B and the back of Corral B is about 2-5 min or so. So since you're in B, I wouldn't stress a ton about your position in the corral. There's a difference, but the difference is going to be more minimal than say the front or back of Corral C where it could be a 18 min difference in start time. Not saying you shouldn't go for the front of B if that's what you want, but only that if I were in your shoes I wouldn't stress about it too much since the difference is minimal. Soak in the atmosphere and everything that's going on around you. And come to the pre-race meetup too! :thumbsup2
Exactly this! I was in B and hung to the back for the MW half this year and still crossed the line at 5:08. B was quite small, and gets released very quickly.

Thank you! I’m getting nervous to see the career coming, and the chance of being swept freaks me out LOL..
but then again wouldn’t have been this far without your support! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter