Princess Weekend 2022

I dunno, I can't see Sofia or Vanellope on anything but the kids races. I know many people were disappointed and there were complaints over Elena being on the 5k medal in 2019. I heard so many "who is that?!?" comments when people were looking at the 5k merchandise that year. I hope they stick to the better known princesses for the 5k, 10k, half and challenge for princess. Just my opinion.

I dunno, I can't see Sofia or Vanellope on anything but the kids races. I know many people were disappointed and there were complaints over Elena being on the 5k medal in 2019. I heard so many "who is that?!?" comments when people were looking at the 5k merchandise that year. I hope they stick to the better known princesses for the 5k, 10k, half and challenge for princess. Just my opinion.
I was a little disappointed about the Elena medal, but not too disappointed because I was also registered for the other races. That being said, I think more of the disappointment was because she’s a Disney Junior character, which is more fitting for the kids races. For that reason, I agree that Sofia should be for the kids races, but I think Vanellope could be a 5K race theme. She’s not a Disney Junior character, she’s technically named a princess in her first movie, and in her second movie she interacts with the other classic Disney princesses.

I’m a Vanellope fan so I’m a little biased, but I think a Vanellope themed medal and merchandise would be fun. I would be happy with any of the classic or better known princesses as well! Actually, I’d probably be happy with almost anything if it meant a safe return to in-person runDisney races! :goodvibes

I think I'll have to see Raya for myself before I can feel positively about her being on a medal. I'm not paying extra to see it early on Disney+ Premium though, going to wait til it comes to the masses :)

I don't think there is anybody I'd be disappointed over. Vanellope would be different and fun. I agree with @Livelovedance I'd just be so happy for an in-person race that it probably wouldn't matter to me too much who is on the merch/medals.

Yes raya is the newest movie princess. We really enjoyed the movie. We went to the local theater to see it on release day since this theater was basically empty. Two other families and well spaced out

So just made the bet that Princess will be happening next year and will be happening on Feb 25th - 28th. Wish me luck, we needed to book soon cause the cheaper point cost flights were starting to book up. So hopefully I booked the right weekend and it happens. I did use more points to make sure I can change the flight if needed. So there is that... Anyone else booking yet and making the bet or am I all alone?

Anyone else booking yet and making the bet or am I all alone?
I went as far as booking fully reimbursable resort room for those dates.

Cancelling our summer 2020 vacation was a nightmare and we are still stuck with credits that we may loose. Since then, we have only booked things we could easily cancel without loss. Being in Canada, there isn’t that much advantage to booking a flight early at this point. If registration for Princess were to open, I would probably take the risk and register.

So just made the bet that Princess will be happening next year and will be happening on Feb 25th - 28th. Wish me luck, we needed to book soon cause the cheaper point cost flights were starting to book up. So hopefully I booked the right weekend and it happens. I did use more points to make sure I can change the flight if needed. So there is that... Anyone else booking yet and making the bet or am I all alone?
I'm so glad you posted this because:
1 - I didn't realize the DISboards were back up and running until I got the email alert for your post!
2 - With all of the uncertainty of races, I completely forgot about booking for a potential Princess weekend!

I'm going to make the bet as well. I think I'm going to book a too expensive rack rate room at Pop, knowing that I can update it if an offer becomes available 🤞or cancel it without penalty if Princess doesn't happen...

I booked a room but nothing that isn’t refundable yet. Really hope this happens!

I am so glad other people are booking things for princesses. I am waiting on booking my room because I am in the process of buying DVC resale AKV. It takes like 3 months to buy. I started back mid Feb.... hopefully soon we will be done and my first booking using dvc will be this run. Is everyone else booking the same weekend? 25th-28th or are some of you booking the weekend before?

I am so glad other people are booking things for princesses. I am waiting on booking my room because I am in the process of buying DVC resale AKV. It takes like 3 months to buy. I started back mid Feb.... hopefully soon we will be done and my first booking using dvc will be this run. Is everyone else booking the same weekend? 25th-28th or are some of you booking the weekend before?

Congrats on your DVC purchase! I wanted to book with DVC, but with all of the cancellations and new reservations I've made, I'm trying to track my points carefully and avoid complicating my points any further if the weekend doesn't happen. I actually liked Pop for my first race weekend, so I won't be disappointed either way!

I booked that weekend based on @DopeyBadger 's post earlier in the thread:
Checking on the dates:

2012 - Feb 24-26th (link) - Pres Day 2/20
2013 - Feb 22-24th (link) - Pres Day 2/18
2014 - Feb 20-23rd (link) - Pres Day 2/17
2015 - Feb 19-22nd (link) - Pres Day 2/16
2016 - Feb 18-21st (link) - Pres Day 2/15
2017 - Feb 23-26th (link) - Pres Day 2/20
2018 - Feb 22-25th (link) - Pres Day 2/19
2019 - Feb 21-24th (link) - Pres Day 2/18
2020 - Feb 20-23rd (link) - Pres Day 2/17
2021 - Feb 18-21st - Pres Day 2/15
2022 - ? - Pres Day 2/21

So I agree that if runDisney keeps the same weekend for Princess that it's likely to be Feb 24-27th 2022.
I trust his data :thumbsup2 lol

There's always a chance that they make a change (especially since runDisney is so up in the air lately), but social media will likely blow up when an announcement is made, and I'll make the change then if needed. I think booking Pop was the safest way for me to deal with any changes, due to my current situation.

Congrats on your DVC purchase! I wanted to book with DVC, but with all of the cancellations and new reservations I've made, I'm trying to track my points carefully and avoid complicating my points any further if the weekend doesn't happen. I actually liked Pop for my first race weekend, so I won't be disappointed either way!

I booked that weekend based on @DopeyBadger 's post earlier in the thread:

I trust his data :thumbsup2 lol

There's always a chance that they make a change (especially since runDisney is so up in the air lately), but social media will likely blow up when an announcement is made, and I'll make the change then if needed. I think booking Pop was the safest way for me to deal with any changes, due to my current situation.

Thanks about the DVC, I have always wanted to own AK it is my fav resort :) We are soo exited.

I based my booking off of his chart too... crossing my fingers.

I booked a room at Pop for both the 25th-28th and also the weekend before, just so I know that all my bases are covered. I feel safe knowing as soon as an announcement is made I can cancel whatever I don't need and start looking for an offer to bring down the price for the stay

I booked a room at Pop for both the 25th-28th and also the weekend before, just so I know that all my bases are covered. I feel safe knowing as soon as an announcement is made I can cancel whatever I don't need and start looking for an offer to bring down the price for the stay
That is a good strategy, hmm I might do that with my points when I get them.

We also have a trip booked for that weekend (24-27th), but by mere happenstance. If the race happens that weekend, then we're in. Unlikely to move our reservation to another weekend, because the current setup works well with my daughter's school schedule. But who knows what'll happen when the siren call of runDisney occurs.

Heads up that the last weekend of February is also super weekend for Mardi Gras. (Super weekend= the weekend night before Mardi Gras day) A lot of folks head over to WDW to escape Mardi Gras. The combination of Pres. Day week, which can be a vacation week for some school systems as well, Mardi Gras and possible Princess run could make it a very busy time for booking lodging, park pass, ADRs, etc..

Just got an email from the Rock N Roll series that Rock N Roll Vegas is happening, no marathon but a 5k 10k and half. And it's the same weekend that we think Princess will be. I hope that's a good sign that race directors are confident about winter for big races.

So I just got done with the whole AKV DVC resale and just booked my first room for this weekend! Booked Jumbo house for the run from Feb 25th to 28th! Crossing my fingers that with all the news about CDC saying no mask wearing for vaccinations that Disney will start holding runs again!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter