Princess Weekend 2022

So I just got done with the whole AKV DVC resale and just booked my first room for this weekend! Book Jumbo house for the run from Feb 25th to 28th! Crossing my fingers that with all the news about CDC saying no mask wearing for vaccinations that Disney will start holding runs again!
Congratulations! Welcome home! :cheer2: Now we wait to celebrate the return of live runDisney races!

I just upgraded my room for the run to 1 bed Club Level at AKL. I am hoping club level will be available but the idea of eating and drinking all the yummy snacks on a running week sounded to good to pass up.

Last edited:

Repeating what I said on the runDisney update thread but I'm here at WDW right now and it feels like pretty much all restrictions re: distancing and masking (besides wearing masks on transportation) have fallen away overnight. All distancing signs gone at AoA where I'm staying. Feeling really "normal" here all of a sudden. Makes me optimistic for Princess 2022!

Repeating what I said on the runDisney update thread but I'm here at WDW right now and it feels like pretty much all restrictions re: distancing and masking (besides wearing masks on transportation) have fallen away overnight. All distancing signs gone at AoA where I'm staying. Feeling really "normal" here all of a sudden. Makes me optimistic for Princess 2022!
And with fireworks returning and busses be filled I think it is even more promising!! keeping my fingers crossed!!

Also one thing I started to do a couple of weeks ago any time Rundisney on Facebook or Instagram post something I ask them to make announce about the races. I am all about pressuring them as much as I can.

Hotel side has been announced for AKL!! One step closer to club level for me on the running weekend. All I want to do is run in the morning and then eat and drink the rest of the day, lol. We are getting so close.

Last edited:

I’m trying to plan for the princess, and I’m stuck between staying at the Caribbean, or art of animation. How’s the transportation for either during the races? And will the animation be filled with screaming children? I’ve stayed at the Caribbean and I liked it, and I would like to try the animation I just wanna know more. Thank you! (I’ve never done a rundisney race so i don’t know which is better) all suggestions are welcomed

If it’s just you going, at AoA you would get a room in little mermaid probably? If it’s a family group I really liked the “it has 2 bathrooms and a separate bedroom with a door” factor of the family suites. But the other beds are a pull out couch and a Murphy bed, if that’s an issue. I’m pretty sure they did a soft goods refurb of the LM rooms and those have queen beds now instead of full. We actually stayed a night at CBR and then for 4 days at AoA and while the kids liked the slide at CBR, the extra space in the room in the morning/evening was soooooo nice to have (and the grown ups can stay up later than the kids or vice versa because it’s not all one common room.)

LM section is a HIKE from the food court, but not as bad as you can have a Caribbean beach. AoA doesn’t have a water slide. I liked their food court set up a lot more than CBR (in normal times you go get all your food and then “check out” instead of ordering and then try to figure out where to go get your food while someone yells your name). It’s popular with families because the theming is very over the top/in your face Disney (which I LOVE about it, but not everyone does and that’s ok) AND for larger families because you can get 6 people into a suite (which is a large factor for my family to stay onsite.)

Thank you! I’m planning on just me and my friend going, so i would either get a normal cbr room or the little mermaid aoa one. Have you ever had any issues with transportation at either?

We stayed as a family pre-covid, and not for a race weekend. AoA only has ONE bus stop, which may or may not be helpful for getting to a race since you'll know where you stand in the line, and not have to wonder if the bus headed to your section is already full or not.....

Have you ever had any issues with transportation at either?
AoA only has ONE bus stop, which may or may not be helpful for getting to a race since you'll know where you stand in the line, and not have to wonder if the bus headed to your section is already full or not.....

Just to clarify, while CB has multiple stops for theme park transportation, I believe all resorts (someone correct me if I'm wrong) only have one location for runDisney specific morning transportation. Like I'm remembering both OKW and SS have multiple theme park stops, but only one runDisney spot. So CB and AOA would be equal in that aspect if my memory is correct. There are some shared buses when it comes to Expo bus and post-race transportation between resorts, but not within a resort.

*Actually thinking about it, AK picks up at Jambo and Kidani occassionally.

From personal experience, the buses are usually reliable. The unreliableness has less to do with the host resort and more-so with the random bus driver you get. In the past the runDisney transportation was done by MEARS drivers who may not know where they are going. There was also a mess of traffic for the Disney 2020 marathon because of a course change that caused all sorts of problems. So the conventional wisdom is your safest bet is to be on the first bus to have the most time. 99% of the time it won't matter if you're on the first bus or not. It just comes down to whether you want to risk being that 1%.

I've been screwed many times by Expo buses not showing up at first thing. So if your goal is Expo shopping at open to get some hot ticket item, then your best bet is to Uber it to the Expo instead of relying on the resort bus transportation. If you don't want a hot ticket expo item, then don't sweat the bus transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter