Princess Power - September 2016 Weight Loss and Lifestyle Change Challenge

Good morning friends! Welcome to the 1st of September - Its the start of Spring for me and the start of Fall for you.

On our visits to the Disney Parks many of us have often lined up to meet the Princesses. But today the Princesses are waiting to meet all of you! If you haven’t already done so please introduce yourself, tell us a little about the land you are from, your goal, the villains that might get in your way or what your fairy godmother may have given you to help you this month on your journey …

Quotes of the Day

Good morning all!! I'm here for September!! Thank you to our hostess @4Mickeys for getting us off to a great start! And I LOVE the idea of PRINCESS POWER!!!!!!

I know you all know me..... 50+ Mom of two young adult college students and newly-minted "empty nester"! Yikes that makes me feel SO OLD! I promise.... I'm NOT an old lady! I'm young and fun and cool! (Okay.... just saying that makes me old, right?!:rolleyes: ) I lost 86+/- pounds on WW in 2008/2009 and haven't looked back! I started working for WW as a leader in 2013 and as a 24/7 "expert chat coach" earlier this year. While it doesn't pay the bills, it (along with this group) helps keep me on track and on plan and at goal for 7.5 years now!

My "land" is the rural southern mid-section of New Hampshire (smack in the middle of New England, for those not familiar with the area). I was brought up in Massachusetts, went to college in Connecticut and Massachusetts, and moved to New Hampshire in 1992 when I got married... so I haven't ventured far. This area can be gorgeous in the summer and is KNOWN for its beautiful Fall foliage.... but winter and early spring truly STINK (okay... I want to use stronger language, but I'll keep it PG rated).

With an upcoming trip to San Diego and Disneyland, my GOAL for September is to end the month at the same weight I start it!! I'll post my month-starting weight tomorrow (I weigh-in on Fridays). I almost ALWAYS have a weight-loss goal, but trying to be realistic for September! I KNOW I will have a gain after my trip and I'm okay with that. From experience I know I can enjoy myself but keep some control when I travel to Disney. We have three reservations for next week... the World of Color Dessert Party on Sunday night (birthday gift for DD to belatedly celebrate her 21st birthday), a breakfast reservation for Monday morning and for Tuesday morning. We wouldn't normally do that (on-plan breakfast in-room is usually a good "trick" that I use to help me stay on track when I travel), but the park hours are much shorter than I anticipated and we decided that some character breakfasts would help extend the fun! I will plan to eat my fill (some healthy options like eggs and fruit, plus a bit of "fun" food like a waffle or such) at the breakfast and treat it as an early brunch and have a much lighter later lunch.

fgm resized 2011.jpg

Excited for the new month and new chatter!!

I'll post this and then edit it to add a picture in a few minutes! ....................P

ETA: That photo was from my 2011 trip. Our WISH board challenges were known as "Biggest Loser" challenges at that point. I promised the members of the group to post a picture with the FGM! I was having a bad hair day (week) due to the humidity, but otherwise I like the photo okay.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

My name is Sam, I'm a 43 year old mum of 3 that I adore - DS15, DS12 and DD12. I'm an Occupational Therapist working with kids in schools. As you know by now I am from Australia - from an area in Queensland - the Sunshine Coast - I love living here raising the kids - beaches, the river, great weather all year round (winters are pretty mild - especially compared to where some you live), parks etc. This year I am becoming more focused on the future, who I want to be, how I want my health to be - rather than dwelling on the past.

My goal: Walking for 30 minutes 4 times a week - I am going with an exercise goal to try and get myself back in the groove after a miserable August.
The Villains in my way: The lazy side of me that finds it hard to get moving - I really think that is going to be my biggest barrier this month.
Help from my Fairy Godmother: It is our Spring school break in just over 2 weeks - so that will give a break from work and some extra time to get moving, the weather (hopefully) it is getting warmer and slowly lighter earlier in the mornings - hoping that will make getting up easier, active minded friends who are ready and waiting to get back into paddling once it gets light enough in the mornings.

Have a great day everyone :D

I can't believe it's September already! Where has 2016 gone?

My name is Josh - I'm a 6th grade special education teacher and high school football coach. I'm 41 years old and married with a son who's 11 and a daughter who's 6. We live in Central Illinois.

I started my weight loss challenge in January of this year when I weighed in at 320 lbs. As of today, I have lost 112 lbs by counting calories and exercising. My original goal was to lose 100 lbs this year, but as the weight fell off I've adjusted my goals to my current one, getting under 200 lbs. Now that I'm 8 lbs away from 200, I've decided to make it my goal for September.

My September goal: to lose 9 lbs and be under the 200 lb mark for the first time since my sophomore year of high school!

The only obstacle in my path for September is time. Since the football season started, I've found I lack time to exercise during the week. This is something I'll be working on during September as I get ready for my first half marathon in October. I was on the fence about doing the half, but I've recently had some extra motivation to do it - I'll explain more as we get into October.

The weather is starting to dip down here in Illinois - this weekend we will have lows in the 50's, so I'm excited to get out and run Sat/Sun mornings!!!

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Good morning and happy September everyone! I can't believe it's already September. I'm in again and hopefully will get back on track this month. I'm Becky and my goal is to lose 8 pounds this month. I plan to do it by tracking and MFP and getting in some exercise - probably mostly walking. I've been on these challenges since February when I decided enough was enough. Since then I've lost 30 pounds. I'm proud and happy about that, but I could have said the same thing in the middle of June and I just seem to be stuck here. The good news it that I haven't gained any of it back. Even though I think about my weight loss / healthy lifestyle daily, I haven't been living it, so I truly am happy that I haven't gained any back. Apparently some of my habits have stuck. Now though, it is time to move forward and start losing again!!

As a bit of background info...I have been married 24 years this past summer and DH and I have 3 great kids. Oldest DD is 19 and a sophomore in college, middle DD is 18 and a freshman in college and DS is 14 and a high school freshman. It's been a real adjustment last month with both girls being gone. It just seems so strange to only have 3 people to plan around. DS is playing high school soccer so we've been busy with his practices, games and unfortunately fundraisers. I guess it's a necessary evil, but I really dislike them.

Goal
: My goal is to lose 8 pounds - that is basically 2 pounds a week and I should definitely be able to do that if I can get my mind in the game. I plan on accomplishing it by tracking in MFP and walking. I haven't decided on my walking plan, but I need to do that so I can't keep saying I'll figure it out tomorrow.
Villains in my way: I am definitely my own worst villain. I play mental games with myself and either tell myself that this one cookie will be ok and then eat a bunch of them. Or, I tell myself that I'll never get there, so why bother / try.
Help from my Fairy Godmother: I'm hoping that with the girls getting off to school and DS getting back to school I'll settle into a good routine. I think the anticipation of the girls leaving was weighing on me all summer, so I'm counting on my new routine helping me accomplish my goals!

Hello everyone!!

My name is Magdalene, I am from Germany, more precisely Nuremberg, home of Nuremberg sausages, Nuremberg gingerbread, the Nuremberg Christmas Market and the Nuremberg Castle:

zinnteller-cut-retsab-99.jpg

%7Bedfcdcb2-6b6c-f084-885f-ddc108a06002%7D.jpg

Christkindlesmarkt_nuernberg.jpg

kaiserburg-panorama-sommer-nuernberg-35.jpg

I am currently hovering around a BMI of 25 and am not totally unhappy with that. I used to be heavier in the past and am happy that I am able to maintain at a fairly healthy weight. But for years I have been wanting to get further down and always struggled with it. I seem to be bouncing between BMIs of 25-27 again and again. However, currently I am being successful with not bouncing up, so hopefully I will finally be able to get down!!

I am in my mid forties and have no kids, but a long distance relationship. My boyfriend is American and lives in the US. Luckily he was able to just spend two months here in Germany with me, but he will be going home soon.

Goal:
Lose 1.5kg (that is 3.3 pounds).

Villains in my way:
ME! I am the worst villain. In the last months I have struggled with hormones (a lazy thyroid) and inury (tendonitis in my foot), but both are fine now, so really there is no excuse. I just need to do what I know I need to do. I can do this and there is no reason why I should not.

Fairy Godmother:
Hopefully the weather. September should be a time of year when it is still warm enough for outdoor activities and I am hoping to make good use of that. I guess also my local 6k race that I signed up for on October 3rd will have some positive effect on me. And finally I am planning on getting back into meal planning once Michael has left...

Hi Everyone! I'm a soon to be 41 y.o. wife and mom of 2 kids (10 and 8) who started my weight loss journey almost 7 years ago now. It was fall of 2009 when my oldest started preschool and my youngest was 1.5 and willing to stay put in my gym's childcare for an hour or so. After a youth where I was lucky to stay slim without trying and despite a horrific diet full of sweets and treats, in my mid 20s I started to slowly gain a bit of weight each year. By the end of my 20s struggling with infertility, I was doing a lot of emotional eating and the pace of my gain picked up. Then two pregnancies in under 3 years, and I over gained with both. Finally, when my son went to preschool I realized I didn't have the energy I wanted to keep up with him and my 1.5 year old who was getting more and more active as well. I was fortunate to have a friend who loved her gym and their childcare, and so I joined. I worked first on increasing my exercise, and then really cleaning up my diet. I still allowed myself treats but in smart portions, not endless amounts. In the end I lost about 40 pounds, getting to my goal weight in spring of 2010. I bounced around +/- 3 pounds of that goal until spring of 2015 when a surgery with a tough recovery forbid any exercise at all for 6 weeks. I gained 10 pounds and have yet to get it all back off. I've gotten close a couple of times, but then the pounds seem to come right back.

I got into running starting in summer 2013. I had been a gym person, doing classes and cardio machines, but not running. Then my sister asked me to do the Princess Half Marathon with her. Then runDisney announced the Glass Slipper Challenge and I decided to do that. I have done it 3 times now, 2014-2016, but will not be doing it in 2017. I am a little sad, but I have been promising the husband we could use our February break for a ski trip for years and we finally will do that this year. I also did the Avengers 5k and Infinity Challenge last year to reach my goal of getting the Coast to Coast Medal, that was the goal for my 40th birthday last year:) I never thought I'd be a runner. I had severe asthma as I kid and was never athletic. But, once I got into it I loved it:) If I can do it, anyone can!

Goal: To regain balance. After a hectic summer my diet really fell apart. I made plenty of good choices but overdid it too many times as well. My hamstring injury really hampered my exercise as well, so I am going to get back to a more regular and structured training plan. I had to defer my goal race for the fall, but I am now planning on a spring marathon, so I am hoping to rebuild a great running base this fall. While I want the scale to move, right now what matters most to me is consistency. I am going to set my goal as 5 workouts per week. I actually hope to get 6 a week in, but I want to be realistic as we adjust to our new fall schedules. I want to set myself up for success and have the goal be something I know should be achievable, and anything else will be gravy:)
Villains in my way: With the exception of Labor Day weekend, I should not have too many obstacles to this goal. One small but significant issue, I am a little nervous running lately. In early August a woman was killed while out running not far from where I live, just one town away from the town I normally run in. Then, two days ago a woman was run off the road and then the driver tried to coerce her into the vehicle that almost hit her. Woman in my area are nervous about these perhaps unrelated but scary attacks. I am just getting back to running, but once I am back to my normal paces I am hoping to join a local running group for some of their runs. For now I am remembering the immediate areas where I run are less rural than where these attacks happen, but I have changed up my routes a bit to keep them in more high traffic areas. I keep my music very low at all times, always let my husband know where i am running and how long I expect to be out. I also have a Garmin with LiveTrack, which means he can follow my progress in real time.
Help from my Fairy Godmother: I have been a little sick of my old routines, so I actually signed up for a running challenge with the "Another Mother Runner" club. It has a variety of different running workouts, plus some quick strength workouts and a weekly yoga session. I am hoping the new workouts will help keep me motivated. It comes with some free swag, and I am not going to open it unless I complete the challenge.

EDITED TO ADD: Only a few minutes after I posted this I saw an update from the police department of the second runner attack I mentioned above. It turns out it was a major misunderstanding. The driver pulled over close to the runner to offer her water (it was hot the day of the incident) He pulled too close, startling her and forcing her to jump into a roadside ditch. She had a heightened sense of fear after the murder of the runner in a nearby town to where she was earlier in the month, and interpreted his actions as threatening, but they were not. The police met with the parties both separately and together and are confident it was an act of kindness gone wrong and misunderstood. While the first incident is still very scary, at least now there is not a pattern emerging as some had feared.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! I'm Patricia and I'm joining you from South Florida. As most of you are anticipating fall, I am just praying for low 80's! It's too hot down here!

Anyway, I started my weight loss journey 10-15 lbs ago (not sure my starting point exactly because I was afraid of the scale!). And while those came off and stayed off, I am having trouble getting my self motivated and getting the final 15 off. But I've learned the problem is me. What works for me is exercise.... what do I hate doing? Exercise. Once it's in my routine though, I can do it and not hate it. That will be my focus going forward. What's been working is putting Game of Thrones on the ipad and watching it while I'm on the elliptical. It's a lot more fun to think of it as watching my fave show rather than thinking of it as "working out." LOL

To that end, I want to get back with some light exercise this month. I don't want to go whole hog crazy -- still waiting to see the cardiologist and get an ok after my scare last month. But walking and yin yoga shouldn't be a problem-- So that's my plan.

Goal: 2 hours of light activity per week (this has been working from before, so I'm going to start there again!)
Villains: 1) Me! Finding excuses for myself all the time. 2) Disney this weekend for four days. Trying to circumvent this best I can by bringing healthy snacks along and only having one ADR, but I know there will be some treats along the way. 3) One family birthday party.
Fairy Godmother: All the summer events (tons of family birthdays and holidays and beach days and pool days etc) are over. Routines are back to normal. DH is talking about how he's been seeing me start to take more care of myself and get more active and so he wants to do the same--having a buddy would be helpful. And maybe....just maybe... the weather will cool off a little and encourage me to spend more time outside!

@Flossbolna LOVE this photos! That's a dream of mine to visit the Christmas markets-- so beautiful!

I'm in, really in not just posting and then having ice cream for dinner.

I haven't come up with a behavioral goal yet so I'm going to stick with numbers: -8 pounds for the month. - 2 pounds a week is ambitious considering where I've been, but totally do-able if I really make the effort. I'm also going to go for 10,000 steps each day.

I'm going to choose "Believe in the magic." As my theme for this month. I've really been having some magical things happen and want to stay in that space. Over the weekend I had a conversation with the dye teacher that was so profound and spot on that I came away from the weekend thinking hearing those words was as much the reason for me being there as was learning dyeing skills. I also found myself standing square in the center of the creative tribe I've been searching for and I fit in so nicely with such an amazingly diverse group.

In addition to dyeing, I'm working on my knitting skills and am going to start sewing my own clothing again. I ordered a dress form yesterday and this weekend will be spending quite a bit of time getting the craft room cleaned up and set up for sewing. I feel like I'm stitching together a new me and a new life, and a new healthy body needs to be part of that.

It always surprises me that Autumn is so invigorating when really things are shutting down and going to sleep!

Happy September everyone... Ready, set, let's get healthy!

Edit: in reading the others posts I realize I didn't really follow instructions, so adding a few things.

Villains in the way - the sugar monster that lives in my brain. I've got to get a grip on it.

What help would I ask my Fairy Godmother for - please come cook for me!

Last edited:
Hello friends! :D September is here and I am ready to party since it's my birthday month. This month is extra special because I am turning 33 on September 18 - and we've secured reservations to Club 33 at Disneyland to start my 33rd year on Earth. (Uh guys, Club 33. HOW!? YAY!? OMG!!)

Goal: Three big workouts (runs) per week

Villains: Me! :( It's been a rather stressful couple of weeks so I have been feeling really down about myself, so I haven't felt like doing anything other than sitting on the couch and watching Avengers Age of Ultron on repeat. But I'm going to get off my butt and keep to it! I am hoping you'll all help me face my inner demons and motivate me on to the path of productivity.

Princess Power: Races start up again, specifically Dumbo Double Dare Labor Day weekend and the Rock n Roll Montreal race September 25th. I'm ready to do this. Time to get busy!

I am back for another month. I am 37 married for almost 12 years with 2 kids a son who is 10 and a daughter who is 9. The last month has been really stressful with school starting and getting everything in place for my daughter who we found out has several vision issues. On top of this she has broken her pinky finger and has a cast on. Tuesday they put one on that would still give her the ability to do things (writing mainly). Well that one was really bothering her so today she got one that covers all of her fingers. So no writing and as of right now she hasn't figured out how to buckle her seat belt with one hand. So she has gone from being very independent to being very dependent. Since Friday when she hurt her finger she has been waking me up every night because she rolls on it. The lack of sleep is starting to hinder me. I am exhausted. As you can see things have been a little crazy and I am really hoping for it to settle down soon.

I live in Northeast Ohio. I am not really that far from Lake Erie. I love my town but can really do without the winters or really all 4 seasons in 1 day. I swear that truly happens here. I am in the secondary snow belt and if the wind blows just right over the lake we can get a ton of snow. Like several inches to a foot or more in a short period of time. We also will get sub zero temps or near 0 temps in the winter. I usually take PTO the week of Christmas and New Years and a few years ago it got extended by a week because we had -20 temps without the wind chill. Everything shut down.

My goal for this month is to get back on track. I want to get 10,000 steps a day and do a least 80 squats a day.

Things that will be in the way -- ME! I just need to make time for me and do what i need to do. I do not have an excuse not to do my goals because my kids are in bed between 7:30 and 8 every night. The other things that will get in the way will be doctors appointment where I will miss work and have to make up the time. This week I have already worked two 11 hour days. Thankfully I can make up time at home.

:thumbsup2
With an upcoming trip to San Diego and Disneyland, my GOAL for September is to end the month at the same weight I start it!!

I'm so glad to see you back Pamela - you are such an inspiration - love the Fairy Godmother pic. I am totally jealous of your trip - the California September heat may help with your goal - we were there in September and I found I didn't eat so much - I just wanted lots of fluids! Plus the walking in the heat and you will sweat that weight off any treats you have lol.

I can't believe it's September already! Where has 2016 gone?

My name is Josh - I'm a 6th grade special education teacher and high school football coach. I'm 41 years old and married with a son who's 11 and a daughter who's 6. We live in Central Illinois.

I started my weight loss challenge in January of this year when I weighed in at 320 lbs. As of today, I have lost 112 lbs by counting calories and exercising. My original goal was to lose 100 lbs this year, but as the weight fell off I've adjusted my goals to my current one, getting under 200 lbs. Now that I'm 8 lbs away from 200, I've decided to make it my goal for September.

My September goal: to lose 9 lbs and be under the 200 lb mark for the first time since my sophomore year of high school!

The only obstacle in my path for September is time. Since the football season started, I've found I lack time to exercise during the week. This is something I'll be working on during September as I get ready for my first half marathon in October. I was on the fence about doing the half, but I've recently had some extra motivation to do it - I'll explain more as we get into October.

The weather is starting to dip down here in Illinois - this weekend we will have lows in the 50's, so I'm excited to get out and run Sat/Sun mornings!!!

Good luck everyone!

So happy that the Princess theme didn't scare you away @DrGunnie. Good luck with your goal this month - that seems totally achievable for you - your loss has been amazing.

Goal: My goal is to lose 8 pounds - that is basically 2 pounds a week and I should definitely be able to do that if I can get my mind in the game. I plan on accomplishing it by tracking in MFP and walking. I haven't decided on my walking plan, but I need to do that so I can't keep saying I'll figure it out tomorrow.
Villains in my way: I am definitely my own worst villain. I play mental games with myself and either tell myself that this one cookie will be ok and then eat a bunch of them. Or, I tell myself that I'll never get there, so why bother / try.
Help from my Fairy Godmother: I'm hoping that with the girls getting off to school and DS getting back to school I'll settle into a good routine. I think the anticipation of the girls leaving was weighing on me all summer, so I'm counting on my new routine helping me accomplish my goals!

I can relate the mental games you play - Hopefully the Princesses can help get your mind focused :-)

Goal:
Lose 1.5kg (that is 3.3 pounds).

Villains in my way:
ME! I am the worst villain. In the last months I have struggled with hormones (a lazy thyroid) and inury (tendonitis in my foot), but both are fine now, so really there is no excuse. I just need to do what I know I need to do. I can do this and there is no reason why I should not.

Fairy Godmother:
Hopefully the weather. September should be a time of year when it is still warm enough for outdoor activities and I am hoping to make good use of that. I guess also my local 6k race that I signed up for on October 3rd will have some positive effect on me. And finally I am planning on getting back into meal planning once Michael has left...

I love all of those pictures - food yum - land just beautiful. Seems like we need to support you getting your running groove back this month ready for your October 6k :thumbsup2

Goal: To regain balance. After a hectic summer my diet really fell apart. I made plenty of good choices but overdid it too many times as well. My hamstring injury really hampered my exercise as well, so I am going to get back to a more regular and structured training plan. I had to defer my goal race for the fall, but I am now planning on a spring marathon, so I am hoping to rebuild a great running base this fall. While I want the scale to move, right now what matters most to me is consistency. I am going to set my goal as 5 workouts per week. I actually hope to get 6 a week in, but I want to be realistic as we adjust to our new fall schedules. I want to set myself up for success and have the goal be something I know should be achievable, and anything else will be gravy:)
Villains in my way: With the exception of Labor Day weekend, I should not have too many obstacles to this goal. One small but significant issue, I am a little nervous running lately. In early August a woman was killed while out running not far from where I live, just one town away from the town I normally run in. Then, two days ago a woman was run off the road and then the driver tried to coerce her into the vehicle that almost hit her. Woman in my area are nervous about these perhaps unrelated but scary attacks. I am just getting back to running, but once I am back to my normal paces I am hoping to join a local running group for some of their runs. For now I am remembering the immediate areas where I run are less rural than where these attacks happen, but I have changed up my routes a bit to keep them in more high traffic areas. I keep my music very low at all times, always let my husband know where i am running and how long I expect to be out. I also have a Garmin with LiveTrack, which means he can follow my progress in real time.
Help from my Fairy Godmother: I have been a little sick of my old routines, so I actually signed up for a running challenge with the "Another Mother Runner" club. It has a variety of different running workouts, plus some quick strength workouts and a weekly yoga session. I am hoping the new workouts will help keep me motivated. It comes with some free swag, and I am not going to open it unless I complete the challenge.

5 workouts it a great goal - I think its good to plan to be able to achieve success so that we don't get discouraged when we don't get there. That is definitely scary about what has been happening in your area - I am glad to hear you are changing your running routes to busier areas and letting people know where you are - these days we just have to be sensibly cautious but still out there enjoying out lives. Your new running club sounds great - hope it works for you.

It's a lot more fun to think of it as watching my fave show rather than thinking of it as "working out." LOL

This is a great strategy! Good luck with your goal for the month - I hope you get some of that cooler weather.

I haven't come up with a behavioral goal yet so I'm going to stick with numbers: -8 pounds for the month. - 2 pounds a week is ambitious considering where I've been, but totally do-able if I really make the effort. I'm also going to go for 10,000 steps each day.

I'm going to choose "Believe in the magic." As my theme for this month. I've really been having some magical things happen and want to stay in that space. Over the weekend I had a conversation with the dye teacher that was so profound and spot on that I came away from the weekend thinking hearing those words was as much the reason for me being there as was learning dyeing skills. I also found myself standing square in the center of the creative tribe I've been searching for and I fit in so nicely with such an amazingly diverse group.

Wow - big come back from Oneanne! Good luck - I hope the Princesses help with motivation this month. I am happy to hear you have found a tribe that you feel part of - its so nice to have that feeling of self and belonging.

Hello friends! :D September is here and I am ready to party since it's my birthday month. This month is extra special because I am turning 33 on September 18 - and we've secured reservations to Club 33 at Disneyland to start my 33rd year on Earth. (Uh guys, Club 33. HOW!? YAY!? OMG!!)

Goal: Three big workouts (runs) per week

Villains: Me! :( It's been a rather stressful couple of weeks so I have been feeling really down about myself, so I haven't felt like doing anything other than sitting on the couch and watching Avengers Age of Ultron on repeat. But I'm going to get off my butt and keep to it! I am hoping you'll all help me face my inner demons and motivate me on to the path of productivity.

Princess Power: Races start up again, specifically Dumbo Double Dare Labor Day weekend and the Rock n Roll Montreal race September 25th. I'm ready to do this. Time to get busy!

:jumping1: Club 33 you lucky Birthday Girl!!! We will totally be expecting photos and a full report about that! We watched Avengers Age of Ultron last night, as part of our Thor marathon this week - 2 of us hadn't seen it before - I was super tired and fell asleep for part of it - it wasn't what I was expecting - I liked the other Avengers better - DS15 said they tried to fit too much back story in this one. So that was such as coincidence you talked about it today - what do you like about it the most?

My goal for this month is to get back on track. I want to get 10,000 steps a day and do a least 80 squats a day.

Things that will be in the way -- ME! I just need to make time for me and do what i need to do. I do not have an excuse not to do my goals because my kids are in bed between 7:30 and 8 every night. The other things that will get in the way will be doctors appointment where I will miss work and have to make up the time. This week I have already worked two 11 hour days. Thankfully I can make up time at home.

I hope things start to settle down for you soon with your daughter. Good luck with those steps and squats - I will do my best to support and motivate you.

Wow guys - I have loved hearing about your 'Lands' - it just makes me want to travel more! I noticed a theme in our Villains - this month they are mostly US! So we will have to work hard together to slay those inner dark thoughts.

Ok I really have to run to the shop for school lunches so I can get the kids off to school.

Have happy dreams - I'll see you in the morning!

Hi all! My name is Kirsten and I'm a 38 year old (until October!) wife and mom of two. My daughter is 9 and in 4th grade and my son is 5 and in kinder this year. I've struggled with my weight most of my adult life. We live in an suburb of Sacramento, CA so its still hot here. Autumn wont show up til late October most likely. I am a summer person but am looking forward to the cooler temps for sure!

I've lost weight successfully a few times but it usually creeps back on. In 2012 I started running and that was the beginning of a new life for me. Even though my weight isn't that much different from back then, I'm in much better shape. I've run 11 half marathons and I dont know how many other races since then.

My goal this month is to to get all of my planned training runs in since I have two Half Marathons in October. And also to track in MFP as long as I have internet/cell service. We're camping this weekend, last trip of the year, so I wont log this weekend but that should be the only one I miss.

Villians: Time! DS started soccer and DD is in a musical as well as dance classes and girl scouts. So needless to say, our evenings are hectic and finding time to workout and/or cook dinner can be difficult.

Fairy Godmother: Summer is over! Vacations and camping trips should be coming to an end. This makes eating on the weekends much better for me!

Last edited:
Hi - newbie here! I'm making this (school) year into MY year - that means saying no when I need to (no, I will NOT co-chair the bookfair anymore) and focusing on getting my stagnant weight down to a happier place before we hit Disney in Feb.

My major goal this month is to finish the C25K (just completed week 4 yesterday) and keeping up with my daily 10k steps (DH got me a FitBit, I'm happily addicted). Getting my weight under 180 (I've seen 179 a few times in the past year but I've been stuck at 183-186 for FOUR years) by the end of the month (before we head to US on Oct 1st) is part 2. I just signed up for a Girl Scout 5k in October (I'm a co-leader of my DD's troop) and I'm doing the Princess 5k in Feb!

Villains - ME! I love food and am a total comfort eater... oh, yeah, and I'm going back to work (very part-time but work none-the-less) after 7 years as a SAHM. *panic*

Fairy Godmother - the humidity is breaking and it's much more comfortable to be outside!

Ok - I snuck back on after I got the kids out of the house :P

My goal this month is to to get all of my planned training runs in since I have two Half Marathons in October. And also to track in MFP as long as I have internet/cell service. We're camping this weekend, last trip of the year, so I wont log this weekend but that should be the only one I miss.

Villians: Time! DS started soccer and DD is in a musical as well as dance classes and girl scouts. So needless to say, our evenings are hectic and finding time to workout and/or cook dinner can be difficult.

Fairy Godmother: Summer is over! Vacations and camping trips should be coming to an end. This makes eating on the weekends much better for me!

2 Half Marathons in one month! wow - way to go. Enjoy your last camping trip - relaxation and balance is also part of a healthy lifestyle, so enjoy. I can relate to the sport run - I am at the other end with the boys both in their Hockey finals this weekend - so no more training! Hopefully they both win. Then it is just DD doing a dance class one night a week so that seems much more manageable. I do love watching them play sport though.

Hi - newbie here! I'm making this (school) year into MY year - that means saying no when I need to (no, I will NOT co-chair the bookfair anymore) and focusing on getting my stagnant weight down to a happier place before we hit Disney in Feb.

My major goal this month is to finish the C25K (just completed week 4 yesterday) and keeping up with my daily 10k steps (DH got me a FitBit, I'm happily addicted). Getting my weight under 180 (I've seen 179 a few times in the past year but I've been stuck at 183-186 for FOUR years) by the end of the month (before we head to US on Oct 1st) is part 2. I just signed up for a Girl Scout 5k in October (I'm a co-leader of my DD's troop) and I'm doing the Princess 5k in Feb!

Villains - ME! I love food and am a total comfort eater... oh, yeah, and I'm going back to work (very part-time but work none-the-less) after 7 years as a SAHM. *panic*

Fairy Godmother - the humidity is breaking and it's much more comfortable to be outside!

:welcome: So glad you joined us! We have quite a few runners on here. So happy we can help you start to focus on YOU - it is not always easy. Going to back to work is scary - I did a few years ago - not being fully available for the kids for school help etc. it is definitely a process. But once you start to get into the groove it does help with that focus on YOU - good luck with it.

Ok I am really going this time lol

Welcome, welcome, welcome! And best of luck stepping back into the work force! I stayed home from the time my first child was born until my second child was in first grade (nearly 10 years) and then went back very part time as well (at my kiddos school). You will adjust and you will probably LOVE talking to GROWN-UPS more often!!:rotfl:

Hey friends..... didn't do as much as I had planned today, but still got stuff done. Suitcase is out, but nothing is in it. Will remedy that before bed tonight I hope. But I have the majority of the long weekend to get some stuff in it, so not in panic mode yet.

Spent far too much time on the computer today.... some of it a waste of time on FB, some of the time trying to get the photos off my old iPhone and onto the family computer, and the rest trying to deal with some aspects of my WW job that I hate (the online stuff is a PITA most of the time). So I got a few paid hours in today, despite not having a 24/7 shift scheduled.

Off to put the finishing touches on dinner and get the laundry off the line! BB tomorrow to chat I hope!..............P

Welcome, welcome, welcome! And best of luck stepping back into the work force! I stayed home from the time my first child was born until my second child was in first grade (nearly 10 years) and then went back very part time as well (at my kiddos school). You will adjust and you will probably LOVE talking to GROWN-UPS more often!!:rotfl:

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Won't get much adult conversation out of work - teaching 6th grade math (and I have a 6th grader - not at his school - so it'll be just extra of my own kid!). Only teaching an hour a day, so it should be pretty fun.

Went to Zumba. Hit 14k steps for the day!

disney_problems_which-princess-are-you_snow-white.jpg

We are starting off with the original Disney Princess, Disney premiered Snow White its first animated feature film in 1937. Do you share any of Snow’s personality traits .....even if you are one of our male friends you could have some of these traits too? This Disney story was adapted from the Grimm Brothers tales first told in 1812, it is believed this was based upon true events that took place in what would today be Germany. German Countess Margarette von Waldeck at the age of 16 was forced to move away by her Step Mother to Brussels, where she fell in love with Prince Philip of Spain. Her father and stepmother disapproved of the relationship for political reasons and she mysteriously died at the age of 21 from poisoning. Margarete’s father owned a copper mine where children worked as quasi-slaves with conditions so poor that it stunted their growth and affected their health – hence the 7 dwarves. The idea of the apple reportedly comes from a story of a man who gave poisoned apples to children he believed were stealing his fruit.

snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-6248875-1024-768.jpg

Heigh-ho Heigh-ho it’s off to work we go……

Many of you in the US have just come to the end of your summer and have been getting back to work over the last few weeks. I on the other hand will get to have a spring break soon. For our friends in other lands around the world have you been on Summer break also?

QOTD: How are you going with getting back into the work/school routine?

Does it help you to work out or eat better or does it make it harder?

For those of you who have retired or are currently stay at home mums/dads ….

Do you find it harder or easier being at home more than working?

How does your partner or children going back to work or school affect your eating and workout routine?

Bonus Question: Are you one of those super organised people, share your hints with us so that we can learn how to fit it all in our busy days.

Quote of the Day

snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-screencaps-snow-white-and-the-seven-dwarfs-31398598-1456-10801.jpg

I really liked this quote because it reminded me of feeling lost about my weight issues and I found all of you on the DIS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter