Pride month at Disney...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This way too complicated for me.
Clearly.

Think of it this way. People are telling you how they feel and the language they would prefer you use to refer to them.

I’m guessing you’ve enjoyed being able to be who you are your whole life. I’m also fairly certain you’ve been addressed by the pronouns and words that aligned with your idea of yourself. So you haven’t had to think about it much.

Some people haven’t had the luxury of those things . And it doesn’t hurt me one iota to show them respect and refer to them how would like me to refer to them.

It’s simple really. Hope that clears it up for you a little .

I was perfectly happy with heterosexual; I don't need or want a new term to label my sexuality.
Cis does not refer to sexuality, as others have pointed out. You don't have to refer to yourself as cis, that's your right. I know it is more polite than saying, "I am not trans, I'm a real woman." or "I am not trans, I'm an actual man." Putting it that way implies that the trans person is not 'really' their preferred gender. I know it's confusing at first, but all growth is.

Cis has nothing to do with your sexuality. I'm cis because I was born female and I identify as such. My friend Benton is trans and identifies as a man, and so I see him as he wants to be seen. It's that simple. treat and see people how *They* want to be seen and treated, not how you feel they should be.

When in history were heterosexuals abused for being heterosexuals? I bet you want white male month too.
Well I have white sons and a white husband so sure why not. Why are are white males so bad all of a sudden. Shouldn’t we all be celebrated.

People of all races and orientations are victims of crimes. I’m not sure being a “cis” makes you bullet proof.

Well I have white sons and a white husband so sure why not. Why are are white males so bad all of a sudden. Shouldn’t we all be celebrated.

People of all races and orientations are victims of crimes. I’m not sure being a “cis” makes you bullet proof.
1. Trans women of color are way more likely to be murdered in horrible ways than white men.
2. We don't need a white history month. Every month is white history time.
3. I can't believe I'm actually responding to such an overtly racist post; I must be a masochist as well as cis.

Because straight white men have not been marginalize, persecuted, demeaned in the past and present due to their gender or sexuality. My husband and sons fully support pride month. Being cis makes one much less likely to be victimized.

1. Trans women of color are way more likely to be murdered in horrible ways than white men.
2. We don't need a white history month. Every month is white history time.
3. I can't believe I'm actually responding to such an overtly racist post; I must be a masochist as well as cis.

Exactly, white heterosexual males (Americans in particular), are the winners of the lottery as they are the most privileged beings in the history of mankind. I'm married to one, and he'd completely agree with this statement.

Adult cis male heterosexuals aren't attacked for simply being who they are......every other group is attacked or taken advantage of at times for simply being who they are. The white heterosexual adult males are going to be just fine.....they don't need a month to be singled out or boosted up.

Exactly, white heterosexual males (Americans in particular), are the winners of the lottery as they are the most privileged beings in the history of mankind. I'm married to one, and he'd completely agree with this statement.

Adult cis male heterosexuals aren't attacked for simply being who they are......every other group is attacked or taken advantage of at times for simply being who they are. The white heterosexual adult males are going to be just fine.....they don't need a month to be singled out or boosted up.
I'm not married to you but still agree.

Being a white male in America is not a guarantee that your life is a success, but it sure does help. There are so many events in my life that were much simpler simply because I am a white male. So many things I never worried about, for that matter never even thought about.

Being a white male in America is not a guarantee that your life is a success, but it sure does help. There are so many events in my life that were much simpler simply because I am a white male. So many things I never worried about, for that matter never even thought about.
My husband is not white (and I’ve learned a lot from him about white privilege) but one time we were at an arena event and went to the bathroom during an intermission. I grabbed my drink and he said “why don’t you just leave it?” I looked at him absolutely horrified, because as a young woman starting out college I had it drilled into my head ad nauseum to NEVER leave drinks unattended. He felt horrified he’d never realized the danger of that.

My husband has said the same thing....pretty much verbatim. And....he *is* celebrated, by me within our lives. He's recognized as the amazing guy he is by his family in general. He's a great guy. He just recognizes that he doesn't need a parade ;).

It seems like there's this feeling among many that we're all turning our backs on white people...white men, or that many of us are turning our backs on "our own". And I just don't see it that way. It's just being honest about how lucky and easy many of us have had it overall. That also doesn't mean that we didn't have to work our butts off....but doors open more readily/easily for some than for millions and millions of others in our nation alone. And it's easier here in the U.S. than it is in many, many parts of the world.

"Shouldn't we all be celebrated" is condescending, and diminishes, or worse, ignores the fact that not everyone IS celebrated. In fact, those who are in the minority face dangers that those who aren't hardly ever have to face.

That Pride Loungefly is, well, fly. :D

I love the Pride t-shirt with the castle but wish it wasn't white. White shirts + summer = sweat stains!

I also love the ridiculously loud print Spirit Jersey. 💖
I like the shirt, but also wish it wasn't white. I rarely wear white because it seems like no matter how hard I try, itis always the white shirts I spill stuff on.

Does that include heterosexuals too?
Has someone ever criticized you for being in a heterosexual relationship? At Disney World? Disneyland? Did a cast member or attraction do something to make you feel that heterosexual love isn't welcome?

I personally got married at Disney World to a cisgender man, and I'm a cisgender woman. I never felt in anyway that our heterosexual love was forbidden or unwelcome. Since then, we've gone to Disney World for the last 20+ years and I never felt any hostility from Disney. Not from cast members, not from other guests, not from Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck.

I'm wondering what has happened to you at Disney to make you feel your heterosexual love is under threat in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter