Price Bridging Did not work for us = Update on Post #69

The renewal is still slightly cheaper and since we don't do the water parks or Disney Quest, the premium is not the best deal for us. It's certainly a great deal for most people!

I hope those of you who are planning to bridge your tickets let us all know how your experience goes.

What about merchandise? Doesn't the PAP get a 20% merchandise discount instead of 10?

For others, it bears repeating - if they try to charge you more than what you have determined the price should be, ask them to check that again. If they say "we don't do that anymore" or anything else like that, take your tickets back, say never mind and go to a different location.
This is 100% right. As far as I know, this whole process is very "manual" so the CM has to do it the right way. Some CMs are more capable than others.

Anecdotally, I've often heard that the EP GR location is one that is often less capable, whereas the MK GR location is much more on the ball.

Anecdotally, I've often heard that the EP GR location is one that is often less capable, whereas the MK GR location is much more on the ball.

Luck-of-the-draw.
Individual CM's change jobs, locations, and experience days off and vacations.
New CM's get added to the mix.
More experienced CM's retire from Disney.
The mix changes all the time, even within the same week.

BTW, the worst "ongoing upgrade story" I've ever read involved DAK Guest Relations.
Yet, I've also read that other guests have had no upgrade problems at DAK.

It's all about Timing.

And, -absolutely- KNOWING exactly what your upgrade should cost ahead of time.

We attempted it today, Oct. 3. We really wouldn't use the Premium, so we were just renewing a DVC regular annual.

Thanks everyone, I felt really stupid and once she said she was a supervisor, I didn't feel like I had any options.

This happened to me a few years ago. I did get it worked out but I have quit the UT trick. It's not worth the hassle or the increased cost.... if you can't get it bridged.

What about merchandise? Doesn't the PAP get a 20% merchandise discount instead of 10?

I have heard that but we don't buy much merchandise. We do use the TIW card for meals and that saves us quite a bit because we eat mostly table service and usually have drinks with dinner.

:confused3
I have been doing the research and was sure of how to go about it, but it did not work.
I purchased a 7 day MYW ticket from Undercover Tourist and we were using that to renew DH's DVC Annual Pass.
He used his 7 day today as we entered Epcot and we walked to the front customer service because I had read that the cm's there were more likely to know what to do.
Dh presented his old AP, and the new 7 day MYW and the cm (a supervisor) went to work. When she said that will be $151.26, I said that wasn't the figures I had...did she bridge the ticket? She said they no longer do that.
I then said then let's stop the transaction and we'll take care of it later. She said, I'm a supervisor and this is the way it is now and all I can do for you now is give you a gift card for $258.00 (the price we paid for the 7day, instead of the $306.72 gate price) because she had preceeded to far into the transaction to back out.
What! So we went ahead and had her upgrade.
This is what I had figured:
Renewing AP (dvc) $410.00
less a 7 day bridged ticket =$306.72

We ended up only getting credit towards the DVC AP in the amount of $258.77 because she said that's how they're doing it

Sorry to be so wordy, but i was flabbergasted after reading how many people recently haven't had any trouble.

Did they give you credit for the price that UT paid to Disney, or the price that you paid to UT?

slightly off tangent but still in the ball park..

Do they take tax into account on the initial ticket even if you didnt pay tax on it .So for example, my 6day PH pass will have a gate value of 278+57= 335..
I will be upgrading to a DVC PAP for the $399.. Will they credit just $335 so I will pay 399 + 25.94 tax (6.5) - 335 or will I pay (399+25.94)-(335+21.78)
First way is $89.94 difference other is 68.16 difference.

slightly off tangent but still in the ball park..

Do they take tax into account on the initial ticket even if you didnt pay tax on it .So for example, my 6day PH pass will have a gate value of 278+57= 335..
I will be upgrading to a DVC PAP for the $399.. Will they credit just $335 so I will pay 399 + 25.94 tax (6.5) - 335 or will I pay (399+25.94)-(335+21.78)
First way is $89.94 difference other is 68.16 difference.

I did this Monday (with the same ticket that you have) and paid $68.16. You did pay tax on the ticket that you bought from UT. It was built into the price.

Did they give you credit for the price that UT paid to Disney, or the price that you paid to UT?

I had written down what renewing would cost $410.00
What a 7 day ticket from the gate would be: 306.72

The difference if she had bridged the ticket would have been $104.00, we were charged 151.26 because she didn't bridge it.

I looked up our charge from UT and it was $261.95, she credited us $258.77...not sure why there's that small amount of difference, but that's the way it was.

OP, I appreciate the head's up regarding potential difficulty. I just entered the pricing info into my phone notes along with the procedure for bridging given by CF in his ticket sticky. If I run into trouble, at least I'll know how it should be done and find someone who understands, eventually.

I think CMs are getting confused because of the change in policy regarding bridging tickets purchased directly from Disney. Since they don't do that anymore, some probably think bridging isn't allowed at all.

Thank you all for your suggestions. We were at guest relations, so if we go to another and try to explain the situation it could be a little frustrating. I would do it, but not sure DH will go along with it. I'll talk to him and see if he's game to make the attempt, after all $40.00 is $40.00 - a couple of counter service meals at least.

If we don't visit another guest relations I will definitely mail a letter explaining our experience. If protocol has changed, I understand but if just had a misinformed supervisor then I would like to get the difference back.

Yes, I wish Cheshire Figment had been right at my side during the exchange.:goodvibes

Did you upgrade to the PAP since its only $399??

OP, I appreciate the head's up regarding potential difficulty. I just entered the pricing info into my phone notes along with the procedure for bridging given by CF in his ticket sticky. If I run into trouble, at least I'll know how it should be done and find someone who understands, eventually.

I think CMs are getting confused because of the change in policy regarding bridging tickets purchased directly from Disney. Since they don't do that anymore, some probably think bridging isn't allowed at all.

Be sure and be proactive. I wish I had asked her to talk us through what she was doing so I could have stopped her when it wasn't being done right.

I did this Monday (with the same ticket that you have) and paid $68.16. You did pay tax on the ticket that you bought from UT. It was built into the price.

Just wanted to say thanks for responding to this! I am thinking about upgrading my 6 Day PH next week when I'm at Disney and was hoping I was doing the math correctly. $68.16 is the exact amount I came up with. A little OT but with the $25 savings in TiW card the upgrade will "really" only cost me $43. Awesome deal! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to say thanks for responding to this! I am thinking about upgrading my 6 Day PH next week when I'm at Disney and was hoping I was doing the math correctly. $68.16 is the exact amount I came up with. A little OT but with the $25 savings in TiW card the upgrade will "really" only cost me $43. Awesome deal! :thumbsup2

And I will probably check out DQ finally... Probably not a waterpark though.. Guess lots of us bought UT 6 day hopper tix lol..

The latter is probably what UT paid to Disney.

I agree, since they have no insight into what the PP paid UT. There are only 2 known values to Disney - what UT paid Disney, and the current gate price of the ticket.

The latter is probably what UT paid to Disney.

I agree, since they have no insight into what the PP paid UT. There are only 2 known values to Disney - what UT paid Disney, and the current gate price of the ticket.

So that means that if you upgrade and they don't bridge prices for you, then you actually end up having to pay MORE than the original gate price, since you also end up paying for the markup that UT adds to the discounted tickets! That sucks.

So that means that if you upgrade and they don't bridge prices for you, then you actually end up having to pay MORE than the original gate price, since you also end up paying for the markup that UT adds to the discounted tickets! That sucks.

Yes. Which is why they can't do away with 3rd party ticket bridging, by my theory.

Yes. Which is why they can't do away with 3rd party ticket bridging, by my theory.

Good point. But, of course, they could do away with it. That would just mean that people who bought 3rd party discounted tickets and want to upgrade them get hosed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter