Price Bridging Did not work for us = Update on Post #69

I'm new at this. I have 7day tix from UT. (no hopper) We are going in Jan. If we wanted to upgrade to AP, can someone walk me through the math? We paid $ 250/each for them.

It does not matter at all what you paid for your tickets for the purposes of upgrading.

The basic rule of upgrading is:

After using your ticket to go into a Theme Park at least one time...

Subtract the current gate price of the ticket that you HAVE, from the current gate price of the ticket that you WANT.
Pay the difference, plus tax, for the upgrade.

HERE are the current gate prices for tickets.

I'm new at this. I have 7day tix from UT. (no hopper) We are going in Jan. If we wanted to upgrade to AP, can someone walk me through the math? We paid $ 250/each for them.

It does not matter at all what you paid for your tickets for the purposes of upgrading.

The basic rule of upgrading is:

After using your ticket to go into a Theme Park at least one time...

Subtract the current gate price of the ticket that you HAVE, from the current gate price of the ticket that you WANT.
Pay the difference, plus tax, for the upgrade.

HERE are the current gate prices for tickets.

$574 AP Adult (Standard "tourist" AP)

(minus)

$288 7-Day Adult Base Ticket

(equals)

$286 Difference
(plus)
$18.59 Tax

(equals)

$304.59 to upgrade, per ticket.

OP here, we persevered and was given a gift card for $47.95 (the difference in what we should have saved the first time). Yay!

It feels good to know that with the help of DIS posters, guests can get the proper upgrade prices if they
know what they should be paying, and stick to their knowledge at the ticket counter.

AND NOW-
The next time you, SamSam, read a post from someone who is unsure about a ticket upgrade, you can post that you got the correct transaction handled by asking a CM who was properly trained, and knew the correct upgrade policies.

These boards offer a great community of experienced posters who can offer help with Disney policies and procedures.

It feels good to know that with the help of DIS posters, guests can get the proper upgrade prices if they
know what they should be paying, and stick to their knowledge at the ticket counter.

AND NOW-
The next time you, SamSam, read a post from someone who is unsure about a ticket upgrade, you can post that you got the correct transaction handled by asking a CM who was properly trained, and knew the correct upgrade policies.

These boards offer a great community of experienced posters who can offer help with Disney policies and procedures.

Yup, it sure does, and they will also gently let you know if what you are trying to do ISNT 'legal', which in this case was quite obviously NOT the case.

Yup, it sure does, and they will also gently let you know if what you are trying to do ISNT 'legal', which in this case was quite obviously NOT the case.

Yes, had the first CM questioned us more she would have known we were legit. It seemed like she made up her mind right away that she wasn't going to bridge the ticket (I say that in hindsight). Our second CM was wonderful and 'gently' explained what the problem may have been. (I had never heard of people trying to scam WDW ticket upgrading before).

Robo- I've always admired your expertise on these boards. It was more of a personal problem in letting ourselves be intimidated by a Supervisor. Won't happen again! I will definitely encourage people to stick to their guns and have all the facts they need to proceed with a ticket upgrade.

My favorite quote from my last ticketing upgrade adventure....the CM at MK said I sure did seem to know a lot about how their ticketing system worked. :rotfl:

You should still believe that rule.

What happened to you was "Pixie Dust" from that CM, who simply did the bridge, pre-use, as a courtesy.

I wondered if that was the case, as I told her I was going to upgrade later that day before I left to check into my hotel, thats when she said she could bridge it right there, and not have to waist time at GS. Se offered before I even brought up bridging! She also told me to take my parking ticket to GS latter to see if I could get the 14.00 back for that too. Which I did at Epcot GS the next morning. It really did make my vacation begin on a great note.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter