Prescription Weed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what kind of arthritis she's dealing with but I've had RA most of my life and am on a couple (standard) prescription meds that have helped control the inflammation so a big +1 to working with a rheumatologist and getting professional help. There really is no glory in suffering, hard as it can be to admit you need help. And again, depending on the type of arthritis, she might want to get on something that will help prevent joint damage, not just manage pain.

Besides that, I do rely pretty heavily on ibuprofen, and things like getting a massage or a hot bath/hot tub can also provide some relief. Good luck and I hope she finds something that will work!

Another issue with RA is that it is a systemic disease. Most people think of it as just the "joints are painful", but it can affect various organs, and people with RA are at higher risk for a variety of issues that do not involve the joints. Early treatment is considered important to prevent or mitigate not just joint damage but also these other issues. Many of the medications that are used to treat it can also take a while for their effectiveness to be determined -- both of the ones I am on took weeks , though one was more apparent sooner than the other that it was going to be helpful.

And of course RA is not the only cause of joint pain. But many of the causes are more complicated disease processes than "just" the joint pain, so getting a proper diagnosis and working with a knowledgable medical professional is useful for many reasons.

OP, good luck on the encouraging.

Thank you. I have been thinking of mentioning this to my primary since nothing helps me fall asleep or stay asleep. Just afraid of being addicted to anything, making me paranoid, crazy dreams, etc. etc. If I remember, I will mention it on my next visit.

Good luck to you and your wife.
OT, but I am trying a low dose of Doxepin for sleep. My work schedule is so all over the place I finally had to do something. It’s non addictive and I get a great nights sleep! Use it when you need to. Ask your doctor, it’s really helped.

OT, but I am trying a low dose of Doxepin for sleep. My work schedule is so all over the place I finally had to do something. It’s non addictive and I get a great nights sleep! Use it when you need to. Ask your doctor, it’s really helped.

Thank you. I go end of next month (can't take this no more). I will google and ask about it.

No, you can't bring a heating pad. But you could look into these:
https://www.amazon.com/HotHands-Bod...sprefix=hot+hands+body+warmers,aps,145&sr=8-5

Thermacare also makes stick-on heat pads that get pretty darn warm. The nice thing there is you can stick one on your back (or wherever the pain is) and 'take it with you.' So that might be a portable heat option to help with pain when out and about?

https://www.target.com/p/thermacare...zdJZ1AeFMGwiSFgtHhQaArDsEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thermacare also makes stick-on heat pads that get pretty darn warm. The nice thing there is you can stick one on your back (or wherever the pain is) and 'take it with you.' So that might be a portable heat option to help with pain when out and about?

https://www.target.com/p/thermacare...zdJZ1AeFMGwiSFgtHhQaArDsEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Those are so nice. I also use stick on cold pads for migraines, which are amazing.
WellPatch Migraine & Headache Cooling Patch (at Amazon)
https://tinyurl.com/2p8x2pr3

That's a rather ignorant position to take considering the amount of people medical marijuana can help. Never mind just helping uptight people relax a little. ;)

So anyone that disagrees with you is ignorant? wow, you must have excelled in academia.
I don't care one way or the other about weed, as long as ppl that use it do it within the confines of their private domains... I do care when they smoke it in public and stink it out everywhere around them.

Also, it's a schedule I controlled substance according to federal law in the USA. Meaning, it's an illegal drug, whether you think it's cool to use it or not.
So, there's that too.

So anyone that disagrees with you is ignorant? wow, you must have excelled in academia.
I don't care one way or the other about weed, as long as ppl that use it do it within the confines of their private domains... I do care when they smoke it in public and stink it out everywhere around them.

Also, it's a schedule I controlled substance according to federal law in the USA. Meaning, it's an illegal drug, whether you think it's cool to use it or not.
So, there's that too.
Actually it's more like the thread is about marijuana so did you really need to post just to say you hate it? Weird flex. And since youre making assumptions I don't actually use marijuana at all nor do I think it's "cool" as you say. I think it is a natural drug and helps MANY people including the OP. It's also legal in several places. (PS Americans can't even have kindereggs cause they're "illegal")

It's also legal in several places. (PS Americans can't even have kindereggs cause they're "illegal")

Despite what state laws say, marijuana remains illegal in the United States and for that reason won't be allowed on airplanes or cruise ships any time soon. Kinder Surprise Eggs have nothing to do with this topic.

Despite what state laws say, marijuana remains illegal in the United States and for that reason won't be allowed on airplanes or cruise ships any time soon. Kinder Surprise Eggs have nothing to do with this topic.
It was merely a comparison to one of the weird things that are illegal in the US that isn't in other places.

Anyways, I'm out. This is just turning ridiculous and will end up in the OP's thread being locked.

As you were.

I believe that they may offer acupuncture on board or have some other spa services that may be helpful. I know it will probably not resolve her pain, but it may help. As someone who formerly suffered from back pain, I feel for her!

I can confirm that they have acupuncture at the spa on the Dream. I was very tempted to get it because I have four screws in my lower back (one of which is loose) but went with the swedish massage instead. That actually worked wonders to loosen my back up to the point where I didn't feel like I needed the acupuncture. I have had it done in the past and while I don't know how it works, I know that it works and that's what matters.

No, marijuana is prohibited during transportation, even if it is issued with a prescription from a doctor, so do not take any chances! Even if you are flying out of a state where marijuana is allowed, you still should not hope that you will be missed and there will be no problems. In general, I would advise you to read articles on topgrows. If I have any questions about marijuana, I usually read interesting articles on this site. I hope I have helped you, if there are any more questions, then write to me in private messages, good luck to you!

Last edited:
My mother-in-law suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, but she is an "old school" woman and won't even look at marijuana. To be honest, I don't even know what is better in her case because strong painkillers make her an amoeba.
Prescription pain killers are very addictive and more harmful.

I would guess it is because the border is between the US and Canada and not the state of Washington and Canada. As marijuana is still illegal at the federal level, it might create an issue if Canada allows import.
That's exactly what I've seen them give when watching border security on tv both the US and Canadian version of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter