Prescription Weed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has she tried Voltaren ointment? Specifically designed for arthritis; available over the counter.

As for ibuprofen or Naproxen Sodium (Alleve) and internal problems - unless professional medical advice for her indicates to avoid, use over a period covering a vacation should not cause problems. The warnings listed are for long-term overconsumption for the general public. Again, follow the advice of the medical provider you trust. She may be able to use a prescription strength of some OTC medicines to get her through the vacation.

Definitely communicate with the NP the need is for a short time while on vacation. No reason to be in tears if help is available. And some trial and error with therapies before you head to San Diego could be useful.

Wow, it’s getting close now.

It’s a little off-topic, but where can I find a list of medications I can take on board and a list of prohibited substances? I’m planning an international journey soon, and I want to be sure I’m not bringing anything illegal with me.
That sort of information is set by the countries visited, not the cruise line. You'd need to do a search by country to see what's not allowed in. And, yes, you are "in" the country, even if you do not get off the ship.

Most of your general prescription meds in the US are no problem for traveling. It’s highly recommended to travel with the meds in the original labeled container because based on local laws if the item is questioned it can be refused if not properly labeled.

If you take any controlled substances you should check laws of the places you plan to visit. Many are ok but must be in the labeled container. Some may need an alternate - discuss with your healthcare provider.

It’s a little off-topic, but where can I find a list of medications I can take on board and a list of prohibited substances? I’m planning an international journey soon, and I want to be sure I’m not bringing anything illegal with me.

I would check to see if any of the countries you are visiting have that listed on a website. Generally most places are fine with regular prescription drugs outside of marijuana providing that they are in their original bottle and or have the prescription from the doctor attached to it.

As I said before:
That sort of information is set by the countries visited, not the cruise line. You'd need to do a search by country to see what's not allowed in. And, yes, you are "in" the country, even if you do not get off the ship.

Has she ever tried SalonPas products? They have patches, sprays, and roll-ons. I've found the patches work better than any other OTC treatment.

There's also those non-medicated heat patches.

Talk to her doctor about Hydroxychloroquine. It has been used for RA, Juvenile Arthritis, and Lupus for years.
But do it well before your trip. One of the potential side effects can be sum sensitivity which would be awful on a cruise.

Delta8 is a CBD that is allowed and very similar to THC. Maybe give that a go? I brought that on our last cruise with no issues.

Delta8 is a CBD that is allowed and very similar to THC. Maybe give that a go? I brought that on our last cruise with no issues.
Delta8 is not legal in all states. In fact, the federal government (and especially the DEA) say that Delta8 isn't legal federally, either. Additionally, Delta8 might not be legal in one or more destination ports. I wouldn't want to risk bringing it onto a cruise and I'm sure that Disney would rather that you not bring it, too.

On the federal level, delta-8 THC is legal. The 2018 Farm Bill makes all hemp and hemp compounds legal. The federal law does not have a regulation on the books that has made Delta 8 THC illegal. There are a number of states that have banned it, but Florida is not one. As I said, I brought it with me during our last cruise in April and had no issues.

On the federal level, delta-8 THC is legal. The 2018 Farm Bill makes all hemp and hemp compounds legal. The federal law does not have a regulation on the books that has made Delta 8 THC illegal. There are a number of states that have banned it, but Florida is not one. As I said, I brought it with me during our last cruise in April and had no issues.
I've seen this stated, but the government strongly disagrees with you. I wouldn't want to fight the DEA on it.

Regardless, Florida isn't the only entity concerned here. The Bahamas also has a say in it, as does Disney.

On Disney's forbidden list:
  • Illegal narcotics/drugs, including synthetic, designer drugs and medically prescribed marijuana, as well as all drug paraphernalia, including items used for marijuana, cannabis and hemp
You might have been lucky that nobody found your delta-8, but it's still quite risky to travel with it.

Can you point me towards a federal law showing its illegal? Within the U.S., you can fly with CBD products that contain less than 0.3 percent THC. In 2018, the U.S. Congress passed and signed into law the Agriculture Improvement Act. This law removed hemp from the federal Controlled Substances Act, effectively legalizing CBD if it comes from hemp, which is Delta 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter