Prescription Weed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you point me towards a federal law showing its illegal? Within the U.S., you can fly with CBD products that contain less than 0.3 percent THC. In 2018, the U.S. Congress passed and signed into law the Agriculture Improvement Act. This law removed hemp from the federal Controlled Substances Act, effectively legalizing CBD if it comes from hemp, which is Delta 8.
^^^^^ This. They advertise CBD products made from Hemp on TV all the time now. Get this lotion for your golfer's elbow. Get this roll on for your hurting back.

Now that said, there are a few states that have not removed hemp from their state's controlled substances acts. Here is some information on the legality of it. https://leafwell.com/blog/is-cbd-legal/

Can you point me towards a federal law showing its illegal? Within the U.S., you can fly with CBD products that contain less than 0.3 percent THC. In 2018, the U.S. Congress passed and signed into law the Agriculture Improvement Act. This law removed hemp from the federal Controlled Substances Act, effectively legalizing CBD if it comes from hemp, which is Delta 8.
This is full of misinformation. Yes, hemp is legal if it contains less than 0.3% delta-9 THC. Products derived from hemp are also legal if they contain less than 0.3% delta-9 THC. Hemp contains only trace amounts of delta-8 THC, all of which is degraded from delta-9 THC. In order to get from the relatively abundant CBD in hemp to delta-8 THC, you must first use some chemicals to convert the CBD into a mix of delta-9 THC, delta-8 THC, and a mix of others. The legality of hemp-derived delta-8 THC is not absolute. The DEA says that it's not legal because it counts as a synthetic after all this chemistry. Feel free to take it up with them. Also, note that CBD and delta-8 THC are not the same thing. They're entirely different cannabidoids.

None of this matters, though. Disney's website seems to say that it's not allowed. Does anyone know if it's allowed in the various ports that Disney visits? I see that Alaska and New York outlaw it. California regulates it. Many other countries probably don't allow it.

Last edited:
From the DCL website, under prohibited items....
"Illegal narcotics/drugs, including synthetic, designer drugs and medically prescribed marijuana, as well as all drug paraphernalia, including items used for marijuana, cannabis and hemp"

Since DCL does not allow it, this thread is off topic for the Disney Cruise Board. I am going to close it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter