Prepaying Photo Packages

I'm thinking about buying one of these too.
Sorry, can I just confirm that if I buy one before I go it will not include character pictures from the meet and greets? As in, are these pictures considered to be special photography sessions? These are the ones we really want and the main reason we'd be buying the package.

We did the digital only pre purchase last month on the wonder and it included all of the pictures from our scheduled meet and greet with the princesses and Anna and Elsa as well as the regular pre dinner and around the ship pictures.

We did the digital only pre purchase last month on the wonder and it included all of the pictures from our scheduled meet and greet with the princesses and Anna and Elsa as well as the regular pre dinner and around the ship pictures.

Thank you! Any chance you noticed a difference in price if you had purchased on board?

The only package that has a price difference between prepaying and onboard cost is the full digital package. All other packages are the same price pre-cruise and onboard.

Thank you! That's the one we were thinking of getting bit keep thinking it might just not be worth £300!
It's good to know we can cancel on board though.
If they do a picture in which Tinkerbell sits on your hand, I'd be sold! :love:

Thank you! That's the one we were thinking of getting bit keep thinking it might just not be worth £300!
It's good to know we can cancel on board though.
I think I've seen such a picture. Not mine.

The price also depends on the length of your cruise. The package on a 4 night cruise is significantly less than a 7 night cruise, so don't use other people's prices on here. Find out what the price is for your cruise length.

The price also depends on the length of your cruise. The package on a 4 night cruise is significantly less than a 7 night cruise, so don't use other people's prices on here. Find out what the price is for your cruise length.
Granted this is a bit old, but I think it's still current:
PHOTOS
Individual prices are:
8X10 - $20.95
6X8 - $14.95

The packages are 6 ($99.95), 10 ($149.95), 15 ($199.95), and 20 ($249.95) photos. Different length cruises have different options. You can also purchase an all prints package (all your photos printed) for the same cost as the length of cruise digital package.

The length of cruise digital package cost varies with length of cruise. The prices I've seen are (for pre-cruise purchase/onboard cost):
7 night $295.95/$100.00 to add prints/$349.95, $100.00 to add prints;
5 night $249.95/$50.00 to add prints;
4 night $194.95/$75.00 to add prints/$229.95, $75.00 to add prints;
2 night $199.95/$50.00 to add prints

Special digital package prices
14 night $339.95/$100.00 to add prints;
12 night $399.95 or $339.95/$100.00 to add prints

The 6, 10, 15, & 20 photo packages can be either prints or the digital package with 6, 10, 15, or 20 photos unlocked for your access once home.

Recent reports have the prices for onboard purchases of the full digital packages at $50.00 more than the pre-purchase price.

I think I've seen such a picture. Not mine.

I suspect you've seen an old picture then. We had "magic shots" on our cruise in 2011 - Tinkerbell, and also sword fighting with Captain Hook. But we haven't had them since - we did ask about them and they said they stopped doing them, but the photographer didn't know why.

I'd be rapt if someone could tell me they'd had a magic shot more recently and that they were back, but I suspect they're not... :(

I suspect you've seen an old picture then. We had "magic shots" on our cruise in 2011 - Tinkerbell, and also sword fighting with Captain Hook. But we haven't had them since - we did ask about them and they said they stopped doing them, but the photographer didn't know why.

I'd be rapt if someone could tell me they'd had a magic shot more recently and that they were back, but I suspect they're not... :(
I don't know that they're doing them now. I just thought I remembered such a picture that someone posted once. I do know they have the white background thing, though at some of the "regular" photo ops. Maybe the special (adding characters) are part of the the extra cost sessions you can book.

The length of cruise digital package cost varies with length of cruise. The prices I've seen are (for pre-cruise purchase/onboard cost):

I have a question about this. I can see you say it costs $75 to add prints, pre-cruise and on-board (for 4nights). So, if we opt for just the digital package before the cruise and prepay, and then decide we do want the prints once on-board, can we still add them for the same $75? Just don't want to commit to the prints before actually seeing them.

I have a question about this. I can see you say it costs $75 to add prints, pre-cruise and on-board (for 4nights). So, if we opt for just the digital package before the cruise and prepay, and then decide we do want the prints once on-board, can we still add them for the same $75? Just don't want to commit to the prints before actually seeing them.

In my experience, you can add the prints while on board for the added fee quoted above. We cruised on the Dream for 4 nights in March, and we booked the digital package before we sailed. On board, we decided that since we had 120+ photos, we'd add the print as well, and we were charged the $75.

In my experience, you can add the prints while on board for the added fee quoted above. We cruised on the Dream for 4 nights in March, and we booked the digital package before we sailed. On board, we decided that since we had 120+ photos, we'd add the print as well, and we were charged the $75.
Thanks @Vicki106 we had narrowed the packages down to the digital only or digital +prints, but no one could decide. Now I know it's going to be the same cost either way, we can go with digital only pre-booking and add prints later if we feel it is worth the money :) one less thing to stress over!! Thank you!!

Granted this is a bit old, but I think it's still current:
PHOTOS
Individual prices are:
8X10 - $20.95
6X8 - $14.95

The packages are 6 ($99.95), 10 ($149.95), 15 ($199.95), and 20 ($249.95) photos. Different length cruises have different options. You can also purchase an all prints package (all your photos printed) for the same cost as the length of cruise digital package.

Special digital package prices
14 night $339.95/$100.00 to add prints;
12 night $399.95 or $339.95/$100.00 to add prints

The 6, 10, 15, & 20 photo packages can be either prints or the digital package with 6, 10, 15, or 20 photos unlocked for your access once home.

Recent reports have the prices for onboard purchases of the full digital packages at $50.00 more than the pre-purchase price.

Just to confirm that for our 7 night cruise those prices were the the same. Apart from the tax they added...that caught me out! Have a feeling that is something that will be done on board?

Just to confirm that for our 7 night cruise those prices were the the same. Apart from the tax they added...that caught me out! Have a feeling that is something that will be done on board?
I don't recall that we ever had tax added to our Shutters purchase.

I don't recall that we ever had tax added to our Shutters purchase.
Hmm, when I add the package to my cart and check out it adds $62.15 tax to my order.
That's interesting as if they don't add that on board it would probably be cheaper for us to buy on board. We would also have to add a foreign transaction fee to that as we aren't using a US based bank/card to pay.
Could change our minds about buying before we go!

Hmm, when I add the package to my cart and check out it adds $62.15 tax to my order.
That's interesting as if they don't add that on board it would probably be cheaper for us to buy on board. We would also have to add a foreign transaction fee to that as we aren't using a US based bank/card to pay.
Could change our minds about buying before we go!
This is from the My Cruise Photos site:

All prices are in USD. Please note that certain sailings are subject to additional governmental taxes, such as Value Added Tax (VAT), which are reflected above when applicable. My Cruise Photos is a Cayman Islands company. Your credit card company may charge a foreign transaction fee even though the transaction is in USD. This fee does not originate from My Cruise Photos, please check with your credit card company.

So the taxes are not from DCL, or Shutters.

The Med cruises have VAT, usually. So that tax will be added, even if you purchase it onboard.

TYour credit card company may charge a foreign transaction fee even though the transaction is in USD. This fee does not originate from My Cruise Photos, please check with your credit card company.

Oh no.......I didn't see this. I used Chase Freedom and there is a 3% transaction fee. :mad::mad:

Meanwhile, I have 2 other cards that don't charge the fee.

This is from the My Cruise Photos site:

All prices are in USD. Please note that certain sailings are subject to additional governmental taxes, such as Value Added Tax (VAT), which are reflected above when applicable. My Cruise Photos is a Cayman Islands company. Your credit card company may charge a foreign transaction fee even though the transaction is in USD. This fee does not originate from My Cruise Photos, please check with your credit card company.

So the taxes are not from DCL, or Shutters.

The Med cruises have VAT, usually. So that tax will be added, even if you purchase it onboard.

Yep, ours is a med cruise so that makes sense. Makes me wonder why tax is added only these cruises. Do you know of tax will be added to everything we buy on board?

Yep, ours is a med cruise so that makes sense. Makes me wonder why tax is added only these cruises. Do you know of tax will be added to everything we buy on board?
Yes. When cruising in the Med, unless you stop in at least one non-EU port, the ship must charge the VAT on all purchases.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter