Pre selected DAS expiry times

ellataylor

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I have just done the pre-visit registration for DAS and made our selections for each day. Does anyone know if the pre selections have an expiry time? Do you have to ride in the hour slot or can you ride anytime after the time slot? Some mornings can be unpredictable timing wise!

We just got back from WDW on 5/12

Because it was very hot and humid, our daughter had a hard time in the parks and we missed many of our DAS Advsnce selections entirely.
We were able to get a CM at the blue Guest Relations umbrellas at MK to extend ours one day when we had trouble with the bus and got there after both had expired. The CM checked a number of things - she didn’t say what, but I could see she was checking when we scanned in to MK and that we had not actually already used them.

We also noticed that even though they theoretically expire after an hour, they didn’t disappear right away from My Disney Experience. How long it took to disappear varied a lot, but we did use some 15-20 minutes after expiration because they still showed in the app and when her Magicband was read at the attraction

Many thanks for your responses, I think we just need to go with the mindset that if we make it, good, if not it’s no big deal!

Sorry for all the questions but I’m just trying to make sure I understand the system. My 4 year GD is added to the DAS holders pre selections, but if shedoesn’t want to ride a particular ride but the DAS holder does, will she still be able to be added to in park DAS selections? Or does everyone in the party have to ride before we can move on to the next ride?

Many thanks for your responses, I think we just need to go with the mindset that if we make it, good, if not it’s no big deal!

Sorry for all the questions but I’m just trying to make sure I understand the system. My 4 year GD is added to the DAS holders pre selections, but if shedoesn’t want to ride a particular ride but the DAS holder does, will she still be able to be added to in park DAS selections? Or does everyone in the party have to ride before we can move on to the next ride?
DAS Advance Selections are totally separate from DAS Return Times made in the park. If she doesn’t go on one of the DAS Advance Selections with the DAS holder it doesn’t matter.
For DAS Return Times, everyone linked on that Return Time needs to scan in (and also scan again if there is a second scan point) or have their link cancelled before getting another DAS Return Time

Great, thanks so much for the info!
Are we able to cancel on the App or do we need to find a CM?

Thank you!
When setting up a return time, you can select who it is for. So if there is someone you know won't ride, you can just leave them off that return time. We kept running into my youngest said she wanted to ride, but when it came time she changed her mind. So we would have to get the cm to cancel her return time before we could book her on the next return time

We miss a few in April. When we picked times that seemed good in March, didn't work as well in April. I did ask at a blue umbrella and was told no. It was ok, just glad we didn't travel halfway across a park to find out it didn't work.

It seems a bit variable whether you can go after the advanced selected times then, I guess we will try and see, if we end up arriving past the time.
When setting up a return time, you can select who it is for. So if there is someone you know won't ride, you can just leave them off that return time. We kept running into my youngest said she wanted to ride, but when it came time she changed her mind. So we would have to get the cm to cancel her return time before we could book her on the next return time
This is exactly what I imagine will happen with us too!

Great, thanks so much for the info!
Are we able to cancel on the App or do we need to find a CM?
I was able to cancel the in-park DAS on the app. Maybe that's not the usual but I know I did it more than once. We seemed to have trouble after we would scan in for the rides that one person's DAS wouldn't clear. The first time I went to a CM to cancel it, but then I decided to see if I could do it on the app and I was able to.

Oddly my DAS advance didn’t disappear at all. I had ones for 11am, turned up at 7pm and they let me on *shrug*
I was able to cancel the in-park DAS on the app. Maybe that's not the usual but I know I did it more than once. We seemed to have trouble after we would scan in for the rides that one person's DAS wouldn't clear. The first time I went to a CM to cancel it, but then I decided to see if I could do it on the app and I was able to.
It would be unusual for the DAS Advance Selections to not disappear at all.

Guests CAN cancel DAS Return Times in the park on the app. The CMs can cancel it if there are problems

It would be unusual for the DAS Advance Selections to not disappear at all.

Guests CAN cancel DAS Return Times in the park on the app. The CMs can cancel it if there are problems
Our trip was May 7th to May 14th.

Our DAS advance selections were good the entire day! Once the window opened the option stayed until park closing. We used almost all of them AFTER the theoretical one hour window.

We assumed this was standard, so it’s interesting if it’s variable.

We were actually there from April 24 thru May 11. My daughter’s didn’t usually disappear after the 1 hour expiration time, but they did actually all disappear before the end of the day

Our DAS advance selections were good the entire day! Once the window opened the option stayed until park closing. We used almost all of them AFTER the theoretical one hour window.

I had the same experience in March. Many hours late for several but still allowed to ride, no questions asked. Don't know that this is the way its supposed to be but I definitely appreciated the flexibility.

I had the same experience in March. Many hours late for several but still allowed to ride, no questions asked. Don't know that this is the way its supposed to be but I definitely appreciated the flexibility.
We did as well. Due to my Son’s medical condition we never stayed in the parks more than a couple hours (we’d go, then go back to the hotel, then parks again later)

Because our park time was not predictable and obviously we prioritized his well being it was a nice break to have some flexibility.

I’m glad someone asked this! I was wondering the same thing. Since a regular DAS pass stayed active until it gets used. I don’t plan on us missing any, but our first day in the parks won’t be a full day and what time we get there is still fairly iffy, so I guess I’ll ask for late afternoon times that day. I’m also glad we aren’t trying to park hop this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter