Pre And Post Nights/Transfers Thread

Ask Tracy - What is the earliest time for catching a flight at MCO if using DME from the port to the MCO?

Ask Tracy - What is the earliest time for catching a flight at MCO if using DME from the port to the MCO?

Just for clarification so that no one misunderstands, DME does not operate to the port. Disney Cruise Lines has their own transfers and they charge $35 each way per person. This must be added to your reservation no later than 3 days prior to the cruise.

DCL recommends the earliest time you should schedule a flight after your cruise is 12:30 pm. That said, you have a little wiggle room if you schedule it earlier than that, but I absolutely wouldn't go before 11:30 am using DCL transfers. I have been on the ship before when it hasn't cleared customs until 9:00 am. As you can imagine there were many lines to get out and disembarkation took forever. Also, there is basically only one way to get to the airport so if there is an accident on the highway, you will be stopped in traffic for a bit.

The cut off for removing Dreams/DIS transfers is September 27 with your final payment date.

And when is the last chance for us to add the DU transfers? Same date or can we add them later?

Is there going to be any further information about the DU transfers before the cut off date? Such as time?

We probably won't have info on the transfers before the cut-off date Todd.

We need to know our total number of passengers before we go to the transportation company and make the final arrangements.

My goal is to get everyone to the port by noon - so my GUESS is we will have the buses leave the Swan around 11AM. Again this will depend on the total number of passengers and how the bus company will work with us but I think this is very doable.

We probably won't have info on the transfers before the cut-off date Todd.

We need to know our total number of passengers before we go to the transportation company and make the final arrangements.

My goal is to get everyone to the port by noon - so my GUESS is we will have the buses leave the Swan around 11AM. Again this will depend on the total number of passengers and how the bus company will work with us but I think this is very doable.

What time were the buses scheduled to leave last year, as a point of reference for breakfast plans?

What time were the buses scheduled to leave last year, as a point of reference for breakfast plans?

Last year they left about 10 - 10:15AM because Tracy was on the bus and had to be at a meeting at the port. This year she's not going to be taking the bus so we are planning on having the buses leave a little later - but still alloow enough time for folks to meet and greet at the terminal and get in line early to board the ship.

I would say plan on getting to the buses at the Swan about 10:30AM. That should allow enough time for everyone to board the buses and the buses to leave by 11AM.

Last year they left at 10:00 am.

Last year they left about 10 - 10:15AM because Tracy was on the bus and had to be at a meeting at the port. This year she's not going to be taking the bus so we are planning on having the buses leave a little later - but still alloow enough time for folks to meet and greet at the terminal and get in line early to board the ship.

I would say plan on getting to the buses at the Swan about 10:30AM. That should allow enough time for everyone to board the buses and the buses to leave by 11AM.

The later time will work better for breakfast plans. It was quite tight last year, as far as the timeframe is concerned.

To re-ask Brandie's question, when is the last day to sign up for the transfers? Is it the 27th, to coincide with final payment date?

The later time will work better for breakfast plans. It was quite tight last year, as far as the timeframe is concerned.

To re-ask Brandie's question, when is the last day to sign up for the transfers? Is it the 27th, to coincide with final payment date?

I would like to have the total number of folks using the transfers finalized by 9/27. That will help with the scheduling.

Depending on the number of buses we need we may keep DIS/Dreams transfers open after 9/27 as we may not 'fill' the last bus and I am OK with keeping them open as long we we have space available.

We just need to know the minimum number of passengers by 9/27 to make a committment to the bus company.

I would like to have the total number of folks using the transfers finalized by 9/27. That will help with the scheduling.

Depending on the number of buses we need we may keep DIS/Dreams transfers open after 9/27 as we may not 'fill' the last bus and I am OK with keeping them open as long we we have space available.

We just need to know the minimum number of passengers by 9/27 to make a committment to the bus company.

Thank you!

Thanks Todd for re-asking my question for me...:hug:

I have a question - and I may have actually asked it earlier in the thread when we originally signed up (sorry if that's the case).

I remember signing up for these transfers and submitting my information, but I don't recall ever getting a confirmation of that anywhere and it doesn't show up on my DU reservation site anywhere. Is there a way to confirm this that I'm missing?

Thanks.

I have a question - and I may have actually asked it earlier in the thread when we originally signed up (sorry if that's the case).

I remember signing up for these transfers and submitting my information, but I don't recall ever getting a confirmation of that anywhere and it doesn't show up on my DU reservation site anywhere. Is there a way to confirm this that I'm missing?

Thanks.

Dodie, it should show on your cruise reservation that you have transfers. It doesn't specify which transfers and there is not a separate confirmation number.

Dodie, it should show on your cruise reservation that you have transfers. It doesn't specify which transfers and there is not a separate confirmation number.

Thanks so much! There it is! Transfers - Yes. Duh.

Yeah, I saw it said "Transfers - Yes". So as of now, it's probably the transfer from the Beach Club resort.

It is feasible for me to change to the DU/Swan because I'm having breakfast in the area, but I'm confused on the luggage issue. When I used DCL's transfers on my one and only past cruise, I believe we were able to leave luggage in the room with the cruise tags on them and just bring carry on luggage on the DCL bus. Disney would pick up bags from room and handle baggage transfer to the port.

I would think if I opted for the DU/Swan, I'd have to walk my luggage over to the Swan, correct? (I don't have a problem with that, since I've done similar "luggage walks" from Bally's to Caesar's in Vegas.) So the scenario I'm picturing is:

Express check out at Beach Club, can leave room at any time with my luggage.
Do the "luggage walk" to S/D and store it with valet and go to Fresh.
After breakfast, go to valet and get luggage ready for bus.

My other question would be, does the DU transfer cover another bus back to WDW? If it heads back to the Swan, I can "luggage walk" back to Beach Club for my second check in. If there isn't a DU transfer back to WDW, I will keep DCL transfers. Inquiring minds want to know. :flower3:

Yeah, I saw it said "Transfers - Yes". So as of now, it's probably the transfer from the Beach Club resort.

It is feasible for me to change to the DU/Swan because I'm having breakfast in the area, but I'm confused on the luggage issue. When I used DCL's transfers on my one and only past cruise, I believe we were able to leave luggage in the room with the cruise tags on them and just bring carry on luggage on the DCL bus. Disney would pick up bags from room and handle baggage transfer to the port.

I would think if I opted for the DU/Swan, I'd have to walk my luggage over to the Swan, correct? (I don't have a problem with that, since I've done similar "luggage walks" from Bally's to Caesar's in Vegas.) So the scenario I'm picturing is:

My other question would be, does the DU transfer cover another bus back to WDW? If it heads back to the Swan, I can "luggage walk" back to Beach Club for my second check in. If there isn't a DU transfer back to WDW, I will keep DCL transfers. Inquiring minds want to know. :flower3:

You are correct - you would need to get your luggage to the bus at the Swan - sorry I'm just not willing to go get your luggage for you :thumbsup2

You can book roundtrip transfers back to the Swan.

The DU transfers does mean getting your luggage to the bus both ways on your own.

Hi Lori,

Your transfers right now are set up from the airport to the port and then back to the airport. In order to change your current transfers to start at the Beach Club, you will need to pay an additional $1. We will need to know which resort you are going to as well.

There is another option for the luggage. Disney Cruise Lines is now offering a luggage only service where you can pay for your luggage to go to the port. I'll have to double check the cost but I believe it is $25 for up to six bags (for those of you thinking of sharing, the bags would all have to be going to one room). You cannot register for this service in advance, you must make the arrangements in the lobby of your resort with the Disney Cruise Lines representative (I would check when they are available when you check in so you are not waiting until the last minute).

Transfers are available through Dreams/DIS roundtrip to the Swan or with the return to the airport.

You are correct - you would need to get your luggage to the bus at the Swan - sorry I'm just not willing to go get your luggage for you :thumbsup2

You can book roundtrip transfers back to the Swan.

The DU transfers does mean getting your luggage to the bus both ways on your own.

Hi Lori,

Your transfers right now are set up from the airport to the port and then back to the airport. In order to change your current transfers to start at the Beach Club, you will need to pay an additional $1. We will need to know which resort you are going to as well.

There is another option for the luggage. Disney Cruise Lines is now offering a luggage only service where you can pay for your luggage to go to the port. I'll have to double check the cost but I believe it is $25 for up to six bags (for those of you thinking of sharing, the bags would all have to be going to one room). You cannot register for this service in advance, you must make the arrangements in the lobby of your resort with the Disney Cruise Lines representative (I would check when they are available when you check in so you are not waiting until the last minute).

Transfers are available through Dreams/DIS roundtrip to the Swan or with the return to the airport.

Eek, glad I asked! I'm doing BCV before and after the cruise, so I would definitely need the transfers changed! I have no problem doing the "luggage walk" to and from the Swan going that route. I'll follow up with an email!

I'm going to post this in a couple of different places so it makes it in front of as many sets of eyes as possible.

For those using the DIS/Dreams transfers for the cruise parking will be available at the Swan if you have a car.

Parking will be $11 per day.

The folks at the Swan have asked that I provide them with a list of who will be leaving their car. I don't know if they need to know car type/model yet or anything like but I will let you know.

So - if you want to park at the Swan for PCC 2.0 please email me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and I will add you to the list.

Since space is limited foks who have signed up for the transfers will get first shot at the parking - if they have room then others not using our transfers will be permitted to park at the Swan.

So email me if you want to be put on the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter