POT (Proof of Time) Race Equivalency Cutoff Confirmed Times

It has not changed. A 10 Miler is the shortest distance you can submit for the full marathon. You can submit a 10K for a half marathon.

Oh, I see it now. In the generic "race policies" link, they only have the half marathon info listed. In the Marathon/Dopey specific tabs, this is spelled out. My bad. Thanks!

y proof of time for the Dopey Challenge and the only race length options are 10 mile/Half Marathon/Full Marathon. I thought, previously, you could submit a 10K as 'proof of time' for the longer distance runs - does anyone know if this has changed?

Previously, you could submit a 10k as proof of time for the marathon because I did it in 2012 for the 2013 race.

But, I believe it changed a year or two after that.

It’s popped up on the Joyful Miles page as well. Upon seeing it, I immediately said “I spy a @DopeyBadger spreadsheet!”

:surfweb:

I've always found it fascinating that runDisney states they use an industry standard calculation, but then never put a calculator of their own on their site given the math doesn't line up with the classic Reigel or McMillan calcs. They don't have to go as far as the sheet I made which associates times to corrals. Because then by not publishing that, they can still have wiggle room in corral design. But why not have their calculator available which states whether Time A or Time B is a better POT? Regardless, I'm glad to see the spreadsheet screenshot put to good use to anyone who is looking for a bit of information. It's not perfect, but a good representation of current POT design.

Got my POT race done today...had about 4 minutes to spare to get into corral D for the Goofy. Gotta love some of the downhill races in Western, WA. And, I can highly recommend the Sasquatch Half. It was a gorgeous course on the old train track trail.

I appologize if this has been asked and answered previously, but does anyone know if it is possible to resubmit a POT? I submitted my result from the Philly Rock ‘n’ Roll last year, but I missed coral D for the marathon by an estimated 10 seconds (2:07:52)

I only trained for about 4 weeks for last year and was not able to run more than 4 miles in the month prior to the race due to work issues. However this year my training is much better and I am on track to run a sub 2:00 (and hopefully a 1:50) If I were to hit either of these markers would I be able to submit them for a better coral or did I shoot myself in the foot by pulling the trigger too early?

I appologize if this has been asked and answered previously, but does anyone know if it is possible to resubmit a POT? I submitted my result from the Philly Rock ‘n’ Roll last year, but I missed coral D by an estimated 10 seconds (2:07:52)

I only trained for about 4 weeks for last year and was not able to run more than 4 miles in the month prior to the race due to work issues. However this year my training is much better and I am on track to run a sub 2:00 (and hopefully a 1:50) If I were to hit either of these markers would I be able to submit them for a better coral or did I shoot myself in the foot by pulling the trigger too early?

You can edit your proof of time submission as many times as you like up until the cutoff date.

Coming from Australia for the 2020 star wars half . Can i use a run portion from a official half ironman im doing in a few months ?

So now I’m wondering if I should submit my 4:01:34 marathon time over my 1:56:57 half time... They both look Iike they would put me in the same corral, but the marathon time is closer to the cutoff time. 🤔

So now I’m wondering if I should submit my 4:01:34 marathon time over my 1:56:57 half time... They both look Iike they would put me in the same corral, but the marathon time is closer to the cutoff time. 🤔

In my view, runDisney really likes their new corral system. On their end, it just seems as if the logistics of operation are easier. So I don't expect to see many changes. It's possible they shift the times in the yellow columns, but since all the weekends have had varying percentile proportions in those corrals I don't think they're as concerned about number of runners in a single corral anymore. The mini-wave concept has pretty much solved that issue on their end.

So what does that mean really? It means that I think your 4:01:34 is locked into Corral C (given I think the POT window for C is 4:00:01-4:30:00). So the question is more so whether your 1:56:57 can get a conversion to a 3:59:59 marathon.

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 9.50.04 AM.png

Based on the data, it would appear that for a 1:56:57 HM to be considered a 3:59:59 M would require a conversion of 1.037. None of the data I've collected to this point would support that conversion. Alternatively, converting your 4:01:34 M using what I believe is very close to the conversion value they are using (1.079) shows that the equivalent HM time is a 1:54:20. So indeed, your marathon time is better than your half marathon time using a value very close to their own.

But I agree, that the highest probability is that both of these times submitted would yield the same corral. If on the slim chance that they do move the corral POT cutoffs, then submitting the M time would yield the higher likelihood of getting into Corral B since the M time is better than the HM time.

Admittedly, I did not read every post in this thread, but are these times still accurate 2 years later? We are doing the Princess Half in February (2020) and it's looking like corral A, but (I think someone already posted this) those times seem REALLY slow for an A corral.

Also, we signed up for the 5k with all of our children, the youngest of whom is 6 years old and alternates between a "blazing fast" 9-minute mile and something slower than a turtle. We entered our estimated time on the 5k with this in mind. Will that change our corrals for the 1/2 or are those solely based on your POT?

So as soon as I submitted my post it kicked me to the end of the thread and I found the updated chart. It appears the times are still the same, so disregard my first question!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!