POT (Proof of Time) Race Equivalency Cutoff Confirmed Times

More data for you....I did the Across the Bay 10K this past weekend with a time of 1:15:37, just shy of the cutoff mentioned above (thanks for doing those calculations, btw:thumbsup2)...Emailed runDisney to see if it would be enough to keep me out of the dreaded Corral F. Sadly, it does not :(...see below...I’m bummed, but gave it all I had...oh, well. It was a PR for me, so there’s that.
The other time listed in their response was for my sister, asked for her as well.

“Thank you for reaching out. We had our verifier do the industry standard calculation for both times and have posted the results below:

1:15:37 10k = to 2:46 half marathon

1:21:56 10k = to 3:00 half marathon

Based on the 2018 event, both of these times would place you in Corral F.

We wish you magical miles!”

Should I still submit my time for F? Is there some possibility if I don’t submit my time that I would get put in G because there is too many in F? Don’t know how that works exactly. Plan on signing up soon.

Thanks for sharing! Congrats on the PR!

I don't believe you'll have the opportunity to submit a time if you choose the 2:45-3:00 estimate block. It's an either/or situation. Either you have a POT less than 2:45 equivalent or you choose an estimated finish with no inputted POT. The other option is to ignore what runDisney said, and enter your 10k time of 1:15:37. This puts you likely still in F (as they would do the calculation and place you there) or a very very slim chance at Corral H (because an inappropriate POT). But it's so darn close to the cutoff that I highly doubt they would place you in Corral H.

I'm fairly confident based on the last year or so of how things have gone, that if you select the estimated finish of 2:45-3:00 that you'll be in corral F (or equivalent if they switch up the letter system). I believe the only way you'd end up in G is either through an inappropriate POT or choosing the estimated finish of 3:15-3:30. But if my math/projections are right, then I believe there will be about >38% of the field in corral F. I doubt they split up the giant corral because then that puts them in the same situation they were in years past. Everyone was choosing the fastest non-POT that several corrals had the same entrance value. Thus, some people with the same value were split between multiple corrals and people were likely emailing them trying to figure out why Jane and John were in Corral 17 but they were in Corral 18. All things considered, you might want to start considering your plan of attack in terms of getting to the corral early if the size of it is something that concerns you. In the last few years, they've opened the walk to the corrals around 4:15am.

Guys I have ran mostly marathon the past year or so .... I do have a half time of 2.11 I could submit for princess from 2017 would this put me in Corral C ..

Thats fab thx

-I'd estimate that if you're running the Disney HM, then a 2:11 HM POT is equivalent to a 4:33 M POT. So if your recent marathon is faster than 4:33, then submit the marathon.
-I'd estimate that if you're running the Disney M (or any Challenges involving the marathon), then a 2:11 HM POT is equivalent to a 4:37 M POT. So if your recent marathon is faster than 4:37, then submit the marathon.

These are both rough estimates, but very close to the calculator RunDisney uses. You can always email trackshack as well to get a more confirmatory answer.

-I'd estimate that if you're running the Disney HM, then a 2:11 HM POT is equivalent to a 4:33 M POT. So if your recent marathon is faster than 4:33, then submit the marathon.
-I'd estimate that if you're running the Disney M (or any Challenges involving the marathon), then a 2:11 HM POT is equivalent to a 4:37 M POT. So if your recent marathon is faster than 4:37, then submit the marathon.

These are both rough estimates, but very close to the calculator RunDisney uses. You can always email trackshack as well to get a more confirmatory answer.
Brill I did not realise you could use marathon times!

The 10k I was planning to run as a POT just informed me that it is chip timed with results posted online, but the course is not USAT certified.

Thoughts on if it’s worth submitting?

I’ve never done a race that had the option of POT or corral placement, so this is all fairly new to me.

The 10k I was planning to run as a POT just informed me that it is chip timed with results posted online, but the course is not USAT certified.

Thoughts on if it’s worth submitting?

I’ve never done a race that had the option of POT or corral placement, so this is all fairly new to me.

You're good to go. It only really needs to be "officially timed" and that you can to link to your results. So chip timed and online results meets that criteria. It doesn't have to be USATF certified.

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.41.12 AM.png

Planning on doing my second Star Wars HM in April. The first one was so cool i had to do it again. This time i am doing the challenge. I submitted a 10k POT of 44:22 last year and it got me in Corral A. This was awesome as i got pictures with every Character with little impact on my run. Also at the end of the race running through the world showcase at epcot there were not many people so i got tons of pictures. This year i submitted POT from 10k of 41:42. Do you think this would get me in corral A for the HM as i am doing the challenge?

To all doing the Disney Marathon soon. Have fun an smile for the cameras.

Ugh. Though I'm waiting on final race results for the 12k I ran today, McMillan tells me I was fast enough but it looks like RunDisney won't agree. I missed it by about a minute. :(

Planning on doing my second Star Wars HM in April. The first one was so cool i had to do it again. This time i am doing the challenge. I submitted a 10k POT of 44:22 last year and it got me in Corral A. This was awesome as i got pictures with every Character with little impact on my run. Also at the end of the race running through the world showcase at epcot there were not many people so i got tons of pictures. This year i submitted POT from 10k of 41:42. Do you think this would get me in corral A for the HM as i am doing the challenge?

To all doing the Disney Marathon soon. Have fun an smile for the cameras.

Yes, I'm estimating the cutoff for Corral A for Challenge runners to be around a 50 min 10k. So a 41:42 will certainly be in Corral A unless there is a drastic change.

Ugh. Though I'm waiting on final race results for the 12k I ran today, McMillan tells me I was fast enough but it looks like RunDisney won't agree. I missed it by about a minute. :(

Bummer. I'd say go ahead and submit it anyways. Maybe you'll get in, but more likely you'll be in Corral F. Any other chances for another race? Since you're so close to the cutoff it leads me to believe on a different day you could very well hit that cutoff.

Yes, I'm estimating the cutoff for Corral A for Challenge runners to be around a 50 min 10k. So a 41:42 will certainly be in Corral A unless there is a drastic change.
For the Star Wars Rival Run Challenge, I have a 47:37 10k and a 1:43:59 half. Which is better to submit? I am thinking they are about the same and either would get me in corral A?

For the Star Wars Rival Run Challenge, I have a 47:37 10k and a 1:43:59 half. Which is better to submit? I am thinking they are about the same and either would get me in corral A?

The estimated HM Challenge Corral A cutoff is a 50 min 10k or a 1:50:00 HM. Your 1:43:59 HM equates to a 47:09 10k using a Rigel R factor of 1.06 (which is very close to the value that runDisney appears to use for HM challenges). So your times are nearly equivalent and both times suggest a Corral A placement.

Just to understand correctly for Dopey, if I submit a POT 1h:56 HM and an estimated 7-8min/mile pace I would end up in B/B/B/C ?

Likely A for 5/10 and C for half/full.

I want both DD and I to be in the appropriate corral next year.

DD ran her last 5k in the 26 minutes range and, as she grows and trains for the 10k, I know her pace will end up bringing her under 25 minutes. I run a 5k under that as well.

So how should we proceed to be sure to both be in the correct corral? DD won’t have the patience to wait too long and like to race a race, although we will stop for some if not most caracters in the runDisney context.

I was thinking
1) Register as early as possible
2) submit my best PoT for Dopey (now 1:55:50 Half)
3) for DD and I put estimated 5k pace 8min/mile and 10k pace 9min/mile

I want to be fair to us and to all runners so proper placement is important.

ETA to show fairness intent behind my original question

Last edited:
Can anyone who has done a PHM speak to what the crowd will be like in corral C? I know there are a few bottlenecks on the course. Will being in C make those any easier or should we expect to walk them? Thx!
ETA: I should have posted this elsewhere. Sorry!

I want both DD and I to be in the appropriate corral next year.

DD ran her last 5k in the 26 minutes range and, as she grows and trains for the 10k, I know her pace will end up bringing her under 25 minutes. I run a 5k under that as well.

So how should we proceed to be sure to both be in the correct corral? DD won’t have the patience to wait too long and like to race a race, although we will stop for some if not most caracters in the runDisney context.

I was thinking
1) Register as early as possible
2) submit my best PoT for Dopey (now 1:55:50 Half)
3) for DD and I put estimated 5k pace 8min/mile and 10k pace 9min/mile

I want to be fair to us and to all runners so proper placement is important.

ETA to show fairness intent behind my original question

Hopefully to help clear up things on a couple of your plans:

1) Registering early will not improve your corral placement. RunDisney looks only at the proof of times and the estimated finish times that you enter during registration. It’s not first come, first served for corral placement.

2) Absolutely submit your best proof of time. Just make sure it’s within the date range of eligible races (usually up to two years prior to the rD race as long as it’s before the cutoff date for submission).

3) If you’re running Dopey your corral will be set by your proof of time. You won’t enter a separate time estimate for the 5k & 10k. You’ll only have to enter DDs estimated paces.

Good luck!

How is it that I have C corral for the 5K and my five year-old son has B? That doesn’t make any sense.

If you’re running Dopey your corral will be set by your proof of time. You won’t enter a separate time estimate for the 5k & 10k. You’ll only have to enter DDs estimated paces.

That is exactly what worries me. I guess my best bet is to run a better time aka fast enough to get me in an earlier Dopey corrals placement! Half Marathon under 1:53 here I come :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!