PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL Information

Dave you had one of my favorite rooms! I dont blame your wife for not wanting to leave it! My son actually cut through the bushes to play bocce ball. (I'm sure it was designed so people wouldnt do that)!

corvair, there are no rooms that you can walk right out to the beach pool. I looked last time we were there thought that would be nice too!

Thanks for the reply... do you know if there are balconies in the west wing overlooking the water taxi or on the other side looking over the beach pool???? thanks...amy

We have a hold on a kids suite at PBH for three nights. Would a deluxe club level room be better???? There will be two adults and three kids, the oldest child is only 8. I've read some really nice things about the club level but I am not sure we would be happy all sleeping in the same room, even though it would be a spacious deluxe. Any advice???????

Thanks!

:wave2: :chat:

If it were me I would prefer the kids suite- separate bedrm, extra tv and video games . three kids under 8 -you deserve a private room. Besides the snacks at club level don't sound worth it.

Originally posted by thedisneymom
If it were me I would prefer the kids suite- separate bedrm, extra tv and video games . three kids under 8 -you deserve a private room. Besides the snacks at club level don't sound worth it.

Absolutely agree!

I thought that PBH didn't have a club level.........

Has this changed????

yes, but they say its expensive and the treats aren't worth the extra money.

Does anyone know the appx price difference between a standard room and a kids suite? Also, can you get AAA, fan club or entertainment rates on kids suites?

I was quoted a AAA price for a kids suite, first week in Feb., of $431/night. They told me to keep checking back because it is possible that there will be an Entertainment rate when the rates come out. I am hoping this is true. $431/night is a little high.:smooth:

Originally posted by *Flower*
I thought that PBH didn't have a club level.........

Has this changed????

It changed very recently, it had been in the works for a while. Its about a month that they have been offering it again. Seems too pricey, but I am curious and will check it out in December.

Kids suites at Portofino can usually be booked at a discount using AAA, Fan Club or AP. I havent seen in the past a kids suite booked at an ER. Maybe that will change.

New picture of a Kids Suite
http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/resort_hotels/por_rooms.html

Does anyone know the appx price difference between a standard room and a kids suite?
It varies seasonally, but I think the difference in rate is typically somewhere around $200 per night on the rack rates.
Also, can you get AAA, fan club or entertainment rates on kids suites?
I know that you can get fan club rates, because I have one for our upcoming PBH stay in December. When I called, I was first quoted a rate of $459 per night for the kids suite. When I then asked for the fan club rate, I was able to book at $321 per night. Still a bit steep, but from the things that I have seen/read about PBH and the kids suites, I'm expecting (hoping!) it will be worth it!

I'm ready to go to PBH! :hyper:

Portofino has 3 pools, 3 hot tubs and 1 cold plunge pool. The beach pool has the slide and a kids area. Look here for some pictures. Also here

We just got back from the PBH....we are so disappointed in our stay...poor service, the room was looking really worn, we had over $60 of mini-bar charges that we didn't use (I gave the key back to the desk upon check-in and when I checked out and disputed the charges the girl questioned me until I told her to look and see if our mini-bar key was with them and it was...no apology, nothing), the bellboy forgot about our luggage (we checked in at 103pm, not like he was busy or anything), never got our welcome gift or daily paper, despite calling 2x per day. Several of the eateries closed early for "training".

We usually stay at the Hard Rock and I have to say, nothing is compelling me to stay at PBH again. I was very disappointed in the Christmas decorations also, I really thought there would be more!

But I did love the tub and the listening to the TV in the bathroom :D And the main pool is very awesome!

Anyone know anything about their spa services? My FI and I will be staying off site but would like to get a couples spa while we are in Orlando on our HM.

I am still a little confused. We have booked a Bay View room for August. Will I potentially get an upgrade with my Loews Blue card? If so, what might the upgrade be? Pool View? Deluxe view? Which would be better? We do plan on swimming in the pool in the afternoons. My kids are 12 and 9.

Maggie

When we went in September, we were booked into a Bay View. When I presented my Loews Blue card (at that time) and asked what upgrade was available, they gave us a Deluxe room overlooking the Villa pool. It was awesome.
Now that we stayed at PBH six nights last year, they have upgraded me to a Loews Gold card. Hoping to get a Deluxe again for our five night stay in May :bounce:

Chrissy the greenhouse spa at PBH is awesome and i highly recommend the facials. Massages are nice but the facial is awesome. Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon. Greenhouse can be found online too. Remember aph's get a discount of 20% i think it is.

Maggie if your staying bayview your upgrade is a deluxe pool view there one in the same. All poolviews are deluxe rooms. Best wishes for an upgrade. Have a blast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter