PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

First time at Universal and staying at PB standard CL.

1. we arrive very late the first night and am planning on a less expensive Universal hotel. Will there baggage claim transfer our luggage to PB? Or do we need to. As I type it may make more sense for us to Uber from one hotel to the other since we will need to check in at PB for early entry and Express Pass. Any advice?

2. I was told when I booked, CL access starts at 11:00 the day of check in, but several posters recently said it's as early as you check in. If we check in at 7:00 am, can we get breakfast in the lounge?

3. Can I pick up/activate my AP at any of the hotels? Pick up my families tickets at any of the hotels?

4. what should we request for room location? seems like west wing is best for us - path, boat and pool but is it far to lounge?

Thanks

Whoever told you Club Lounge access begins at 11am is wrong. Access has always been as soon as the lounge is open providing you have checked in. Yes, you can get breakfast if you`ve checked in for 7am. The Lounge is just off to the left of the main check in area.

You can get tickets/AP as all the hotels have ticket desks.

The West Wing is probably a good idea, as I said the Lounge is off the main check in area, depends on what you think is too far. Most folks request a room close to the lounge for convenience.

I would get an Uber purely for convenience in the morning, they`ll store your luggage if the room isn`t ready.

Hope you have a lovely stay.

Whoever told you Club Lounge access begins at 11am is wrong. Access has always been as soon as the lounge is open providing you have checked in. Yes, you can get breakfast if you`ve checked in for 7am. The Lounge is just off to the left of the main check in area.

You can get tickets/AP as all the hotels have ticket desks.

The West Wing is probably a good idea, as I said the Lounge is off the main check in area, depends on what you think is too far. Most folks request a room close to the lounge for convenience.

I would get an Uber purely for convenience in the morning, they`ll store your luggage if the room isn`t ready.

Hope you have a lovely stay.
Thank you! We will definitely head over as early as possible to check in....you wouldn't happen to know the earliest check in time?

THIS is HUGE info for us! My husband is remote working during the first two days while son and I run around. He wanted the lounge specifically to hang/eat and was not happy he would have to wait until 11:00!

I assume that I was told correctly that lounge access ends once you check out - or 11:00?

is a balcony a possible request? Sorry I know nothing about the rooms at PB. Do I just call hotel customer service to put in a request?

Thank you! We will definitely head over as early as possible to check in....you wouldn't happen to know the earliest check in time?

THIS is HUGE info for us! My husband is remote working during the first two days while son and I run around. He wanted the lounge specifically to hang/eat and was not happy he would have to wait until 11:00!

I assume that I was told correctly that lounge access ends once you check out - or 11:00?

is a balcony a possible request? Sorry I know nothing about the rooms at PB. Do I just call hotel customer service to put in a request?

You can check in from around 6am, computers update before that.

Lounge access usually ends on check out time. Sometimes they can allow slightly longer if you have a late checkout for example, it usually depends on numbers.

Of course you can make a request for a balcony, give them a call with the request or use the email address and then call again 5-6 days before you check in as rooms are usually allocated then.

Is the pasta cucina buffet offered every night (we eill be there end of August) or just weekends? And would anyone know the hours it is offered?

Thanks!

I don’t have an answer for you but by me posting, it will keep your question at the top of the list where it might catch some one’s eye that can help you.

Maybe I missed it, but looking to book 1 night on 9/30. My son wants to go to HHN for his birthday and this is cheapest option of the big 3 due to construction. What is the construction? We will drive up from South Florida early that Saturday and hit up some rides, then break and rest for HHN. Just curious if the construction will prohibit a nap or relaxation time.

Is the pasta cucina buffet offered every night (we eill be there end of August) or just weekends? And would anyone know the hours it is offered?

Thanks!
It was not offered when we were there early June. We specifically reserved a Friday night for it and we were shocked when we showed up to Trattoria del Porto and the place almost looked closed because there were no other patrons there.

When we checked in I told her we planned on doing the pasta buffet. She said it wasn’t offered, so we cancelled and went elsewhere.

I know for a fact it was listed on Friday & Saturday nights on their menu on the website when I made the reservation a month or two prior. Not sure if it was a temporary removal or permanent, but it’s still not listed on their online menu and it also says dinner available select days.

I don’t think it’s offered anymore. Someone there can verify.

It was not offered when we were there early June. We specifically reserved a Friday night for it and we were shocked when we showed up to Trattoria del Porto and the place almost looked closed because there were no other patrons there.

When we checked in I told her we planned on doing the pasta buffet. She said it wasn’t offered, so we cancelled and went elsewhere.

I know for a fact it was listed on Friday & Saturday nights on their menu on the website when I made the reservation a month or two prior. Not sure if it was a temporary removal or permanent, but it’s still not listed on their online menu and it also says dinner available select days.

I don’t think it’s offered anymore. Someone there can verify.
We had it in February. I really liked it but tbh we wouldn't of bothered if we weren't getting the meal free with our platinum booking. My OH hated it and it was a bit bland but i was craving carbs.

It was pretty much dead in there with only a couple of people doing it - and its a lot of wasted food if they dont get the people in so i can see why they wanted to get rid of the option tbh.

Maybe I missed it, but looking to book 1 night on 9/30. My son wants to go to HHN for his birthday and this is cheapest option of the big 3 due to construction. What is the construction? We will drive up from South Florida early that Saturday and hit up some rides, then break and rest for HHN. Just curious if the construction will prohibit a nap or relaxation time.
It's repairs to the facade, so depending where your room is, it could be noisy during the day. Request a room away from construction ahead of arrival for a better chance of a quiet nap.

Looking for advice on business center in PB. Is it a good place to take an hour-long work video call? My wife will need to run two calls during our stay, and these are around 2p on our check-in and check-out days 🤷‍♂️ We will show up at 6am on day 1 and will try to get late checkout, but checking for a Plan B. The hotel agent I spoke to said it's great, but then was a bit hesitant when I asked if it's free...

Also I was told by the hotel agent today that Club lounge access starts whenever you show up to check in (maybe not until 7am, not sure), and ends at 3p on the day of check-out.

Looking for advice on business center in PB. Is it a good place to take an hour-long work video call? My wife will need to run two calls during our stay, and these are around 2p on our check-in and check-out days 🤷‍♂️ We will show up at 6am on day 1 and will try to get late checkout, but checking for a Plan B. The hotel agent I spoke to said it's great, but then was a bit hesitant when I asked if it's free...

Also I was told by the hotel agent today that Club lounge access starts whenever you show up to check in (maybe not until 7am, not sure), and ends at 3p on the day of check-out.

They were correct on the Club access details, once you check in you can access it as soon as it opens, as for the business centre, I`m not sure I`d guarantee it would be empty or quiet for a full hour.

There may be some very quiet areas through in their convention area, but again probably no guarantees especially if there is a convention on at the time.

Good luck I hope your wife finds a solution that suits her.

They were correct on the Club access details, once you check in you can access it as soon as it opens, as for the business centre,

Yes, thank you! There was some confusion before in the thread about until when you have the lounge access, so I wanted to share what I heard from the agent directly about 3p.

And I think we will have enough time to canvass the area and see what works best for her - hopefully we will get a room early, as that will just solve all of our issues. But I am so glad that we switched to PB - somehow it makes me more excited than HRH 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Yes, thank you! There was some confusion before in the thread about until when you have the lounge access, so I wanted to share what I heard from the agent directly about 3p.

And I think we will have enough time to canvass the area and see what works best for her - hopefully we will get a room early, as that will just solve all of our issues. But I am so glad that we switched to PB - somehow it makes me more excited than HRH 🤷‍♂️

The official line from the Concierge managers is Club Access ends at checkout, but they will usually accommodate guests if they ask to stay a little later, but not through evening offerings. I am surprised a TM told you 3pm, unless they`ve changed their policy since May.

PB is so much nicer a hotel than HRH. It feels more resort like to me and just altogether a better feel. Yes, I hope you get the room on time and save any other issues for your wife.

PB is so much nicer a hotel than HRH. It feels more resort like to me and just altogether a better feel. Yes, I hope you get the room on time and save any other issues for your wife.
Are they usually on par in terms of pricing? This time PB was like 3% less expensive than HRH for Club Level, and I wonder if this is renovation-related.

Are they usually on par in terms of pricing? This time PB was like 3% less expensive than HRH for Club Level, and I wonder if this is renovation-related.

I honestly have no idea on pricing for Club, but PB is far superior for Club Level, I think you`ll enjoy it more there than you would at HRH.

We were invited over again in May to Portofino CL, and it really is very nice and spacious and much better than it was before the revamp.

I honestly have no idea on pricing for Club, but PB is far superior for Club Level, I think you`ll enjoy it more there than you would at HRH.

We were invited over again in May to Portofino CL, and it really is very nice and spacious and much better than it was before the revamp.
Sorry, poorly phrased question. Are they usually on par for the non-club? Just trying to understand if PB being cheaper than HRH this year has to do with renovations or is pretty common :)

Sorry, poorly phrased question. Are they usually on par for the non-club? Just trying to understand if PB being cheaper than HRH this year has to do with renovations or is pretty common :)
I stayed PB CL the last 2 summers and it was slightly less then HRH both times with discounts applied. We love PBH and really enjoyed their CL. I think you made a good choice.

Last edited:
PB is usually more expensive, but, whether the cheaper prices/renovations are a consideration or it`s do with occupancy I don`t know.

I think PB is always the winner between the two even if PB was more expensive.

The "Rack" rate for PB is always more. However because it's more money and the furthest premium resort from the parks it's usually the last to book up. So there is quite often discounts available when HRH & RPR don't have any discounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter