Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the from desk to ask about the fridge. They told us there was none. We said we heard about a credit. And since it was so humid here this week it would have been nice to have a fridge. They told us we could check back tomorrow When we went back to our room there was a fridge sitting outside. Score!

Funny how when some people ask for the credit they "magically" find a fridge. I wish they would stop playing games with people.

Just checked in and was surprised to see the pictures in the royal rooms had changed. They obviously updated them to match the new look of the princesses on merchandise, etc. Sort of disappointed that they don't have the princesses sitting and walking around Port Orleans. The old pics did a lot to further convey the story of the princesses visiting Tiana. Bedspread is gone too, but that's fine with me..bedspreads are no longer industry standard since they aren't washed for each guest.

Is the boat still running to downtown disney from POR? I saw were Capn jack Maina is closed and didn't know if that affected the drop off or anything. Does it still run till 11pm? Also can I take my ECV on it? :goodvibes

We took the boat when we were there 2-12 of October. The hours were until 11:00 as far as I know. It was a perfectly relaxing trip and much needed in the middle of our trip!
Not sure about the ECV part though :)

We will be arriving at POR in 26 days. From what I've read regarding the fridges (or lack of) it seems like I should not take a chance on placing an order with Garden Grocer? What are your thoughts on this?

CTXRover - can you post pictures of the pictures?

Sure. I'll try and grab some when we go back to the room. Will need to learn how to attach pics as I haven't done that before. They're nice, but the old ones made more sense in regards to the story in my opinion.

EDIT: See pics below

Pics taken on my phone, so sorry for the quality. New pics on wall. Picture of Tiana is still 3D, but I much preferred the old one with the manor in the background and all the princesses sitting together with Belle giving Tiana a replica of Cogs worth
23w89zd.jpg
ebctpj.jpg

Wow! The princess room looks so different without the bedspread!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Thought I wouldn't mind the sheet look but it is awful, especially in the Royal rooms- the decorator at Disney who made that call should be fired. Come on Disney makes enough profit to at least get colored duvet covers or something-I don't think a scarf will help. I do not like the stiff comforters either but I am not one who just sleeps with a sheet- is there an option to request an extra blanket? My husband likes to sleep with the cool air on and I will freeze! We are driving so I could bring my own if we have to.

We are staying in AB and I can handle (and actually might prefer) not having a bedspread. As for the princess rooms...that picture makes me really sad! :sad1:

Thought I wouldn't mind the sheet look but it is awful, especially in the Royal rooms- the decorator at Disney who made that call should be fired. Come on Disney makes enough profit to at least get colored duvet covers or something-I don't think a scarf will help. I do not like the stiff comforters either but I am not one who just sleeps with a sheet- is there an option to request an extra blanket? My husband likes to sleep with the cool air on and I will freeze! We are driving so I could bring my own if we have to.

Wow, I totally agree with you...the white in the Royal Rooms looks really awful. File it under 'first world problems', but I'm very disappointed.

We have stayed at Pop and Sports previously and the pillows at both resorts were horrible...far too soft and mushy!

Are the pillows at POR also soft and mushy? If so is it possible to request firm pillows upon arrival. I really don't want to take our own pillows as we're flying but if there isn't a firm option we may just do that!

Thanks.

So funny. I *want* a soft and mushy pillow. Hotel pillows, including the ones at POR, are huge and hard and make me feel that my head/neck is at a 90 degree angle to my body and I wake with a horrifying headache.

From my experience, you'll love the pillows at POR.

But I think that for any of us with specific needs for our sweet dainty noggins, we need to travel with our own pillows.

Just checked in and was surprised to see the pictures in the royal rooms had changed. They obviously updated them to match the new look of the princesses on merchandise, etc

I can't even handle the new look. We spent a good amount of our in-room chatting time making fun of the new look. Aurora, especially, doesn't really look like a sweet young princess anymore. I will stop myself there.

DSCF1052_zps282110f6.jpg

DSCF1049_zpsf90175d5.jpg

Ariel's head looks like a kewpie doll.

DSCF1043_zpsc3abe2ac.jpg

DSCF1044_zpsa39ee589.jpg

DSCF1047_zps2bf4f66a.jpg

DSCF1045_zps29e68076.jpg

DSCF1046_zps5fa34d1b.jpg

DSCF1048_zpsb33fa49b.jpg

Painful. Especially the neck posture; I feel like I'm looking at FB selfies. Next redo of their faces is going to involve duck-face or the new "baby bird" look, I just know it. :headache:

No more bedspreads. Hopefully a runner at the foot of the beds are still to come.

Oh my, that's terrible. Also, I like to "get lost" in my blankets. Plain old sheets won't work for me. I hope there are blankets available. I will want at least 2 for myself, lol!

We will be arriving at POR in 26 days. From what I've read regarding the fridges (or lack of) it seems like I should not take a chance on placing an order with Garden Grocer? What are your thoughts on this?

I personally wouldn't. When this fridge replacement situation came up a few months ago, I wasn't too worried because I figured that surely by my Thanksgiving trip it would all be good, but from what Andre said in a pretty recent post, it doesn't sound like we can count on that.

I personally wouldn't. When this fridge replacement situation came up a few months ago, I wasn't too worried because I figured that surely by my Thanksgiving trip it would all be good, but from what Andre said in a pretty recent post, it doesn't sound like we can count on that.

Ugh. I know your are right. We booked a king bed room and I had requested Riverview. I'm thinking I should probably change the request to "close to main building" so it won't be a huge hike to get coffee in the morning. Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter