Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have arrived! We got to this lovely resort just before 7pm and learned that we could be upgraded to Wilderness Lodge!
So we accepted the upgrade! We were at POR for 10 min and really was beautiful but how could we turn down this magical experience?!?!!
Pixie dust? I believe !
Why the upgrade? Well, the CM at POR said it was in celebration of our 20th anniversary! The CM at WL said we were the third family to be upgraded from POR this evening because they were over booked. Eh, call it magic or call it a benefit of the system that overbooks ?!? I'll take it!

That's wonderful! Congratulations! Have a great trip!

Goodness, 250 pages already - those last two or three went by so quickly! So please refrain from too much chit-chat, yick-yack and flim-flam :) and I'll start us a brand new topic when I get home from work this afternoon.

Andre

I know this has been posted somewhere on here because I read it someplace so forgive me for asking again. Are they still shuttling people from POFQ to the pool at POR ? If so when will the pool refurb be done at POFQ ?

I know this has been posted somewhere on here because I read it someplace so forgive me for asking again. Are they still shuttling people from POFQ to the pool at POR ? If so when will the pool refurb be done at POFQ ?

According to the POFQ thread, the pool re-opened on Tuesday.

How is the location of the Royal rooms? Could you potentially have a long walk to the buses and food court? Thx.

Did you see the map in the first post of this thread? The Royal rooms are in the red buildings.

Yes but if you've never been to the resort it's hard to judge how far things really are from each other. On maps they can all look close but can actually be long walks.

We have a pool view royal room for 5-27 to 6-3. What rooms are we most likly to be looking at.

We have a pool view royal room for 5-27 to 6-3. What rooms are we most likly to be looking at.

Pool View Royal Rooms are almost all in Oak Manor, with a couple on the end of Parterre Place and... well... they'll be facing out over the pool basically, it's a very good location close to the footbridge leading over to the main buildings. See the map in the first post, and the room location plans linked to from the fourth post.

Andre

Yes but if you've never been to the resort it's hard to judge how far things really are from each other. On maps they can all look close but can actually be long walks.

It's also hard to tell someone if it's long or short because that's so subjective. We stayed in 9573 and 9574 in February. We felt like the walk to the food court and the south terminal were really short. We also liked that we could easily walk to POFQ and catch the bus there or grab a bite to eat. None of that felt very far to us. But, our last stay started out in the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA and that's a long walk to everything!

If you look at the map, you can see that one side of Oak Manor and one piece of Parterre face the quiet pool. You can use Andre's website (www.portorleans.org) to see exactly which rooms in those areas count as pool view. Either way, you will be really close to the footbridge to the busses & food court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter