Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Three (NOW CLOSED, see 2014 thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're staying at POR in February and have early dining reservations. If buses only begin running an hour before the parks open (9:00 am). Will we need to take a taxi to make our reservations?

On a related note, do you know what taxi rates are from POR to the different parks?

Thanks!

Good morning POR FANS!!! Here some morning Magic coming you and hoping your day goes as well as it could!

Should post pics when you get them. I cant wait to see some custom ones.

I will definitely do that this evening! I can't believe how fast they ship and arrive. Sunday was our last day to customize, they "made" and shipped them out yesterday (Next Day Air) and we get them today. Wonder how much that is costing Disney?

We check in tomorrow! Right now we are enjoying an oceanview in Daytona Beach and we will head over to Orlando this afternoon. Can't wait! White bedding, no fridge, oh well--We're at Disney!

We check in tomorrow! Right now we are enjoying an oceanview in Daytona Beach and we will head over to Orlando this afternoon. Can't wait! White bedding, no fridge, oh well--We're at Disney!

The Fridge issue is almost resolved I believe. Yes there is a lot still to go, but we are working to resolve that as ones become available. We do have an emergency amount of them for Medical Needs only so if someone has medicine to keep cool then we will get one for them.

What a great attitude ~ I've got to work on mine, lol!!!! Hope you enjoy your stay, be sure to check in and let us know how it goes!

The Fridge issue is almost resolved I believe. Yes there is a lot still to go, but we are working to resolve that as ones become available. We do have an emergency amount of them for Medical Needs only so if someone has medicine to keep cool then we will get one for them.

So- for a medical need (fridge for special foods/meds) and the VIP cleaning for my immune compromised son- is that something we put on the fax request or do we have to contact the special needs group? I got a form from the special diets department, but I think we can make accomodations for my son with just what the food service places can do on the fly, and we don't really need that much from them! My travel agent said she put our requests on our reservation when she made it, but I'm not sure if she really knows the details of the medical specifics. Thanks again Venomhatch. Only 19 days until we check in!

We're staying at POR in February and have early dining reservations. If buses only begin running an hour before the parks open (9:00 am). Will we need to take a taxi to make our reservations?

On a related note, do you know what taxi rates are from POR to the different parks?

Thanks!

The buses start running at 6:30 every morning. They run about every 30 minutes until an hour before park opening, then they run about every 20 minutes.

So- for a medical need (fridge for special foods/meds) and the VIP cleaning for my immune compromised son- is that something we put on the fax request or do we have to contact the special needs group? I got a form from the special diets department, but I think we can make accomodations for my son with just what the food service places can do on the fly, and we don't really need that much from them! My travel agent said she put our requests on our reservation when she made it, but I'm not sure if she really knows the details of the medical specifics. Thanks again Venomhatch. Only 19 days until we check in!

I would put that into the fax. Once you send. PM me and I will help you further.

So- for a medical need (fridge for special foods/meds) and the VIP cleaning for my immune compromised son- is that something we put on the fax request or do we have to contact the special needs group?

Wouldn't do any harm to contact the special needs folks on 1-407-939-7807, but a fax to the resort a few days before you arrive would do the same thing. For the VIP clean they will need to assign your room before you arrive obviously.

Andre

:confused3
Should post pics when you get them. I cant wait to see some custom ones.

By custom ones, do you mean in the color each family member selected? ie, mine is green, my daughter pink, hubby blue, son red.

Other than that, the only other thing that was custom was the name imprinted on the inside of the band. Is that the extent of the customization as you understand it? I was under the assumption that the character chosen would also be imprinted on the band :confused3

:confused3

By custom ones, do you mean in the color each family member selected? ie, mine is green, my daughter pink, hubby blue, son red.

Other than that, the only other thing that was custom was the name imprinted on the inside of the band. Is that the extent of the customization as you understand it? I was under the assumption that the character chosen would also be imprinted on the band :confused3

Supposedly there will be Pirates of the Caribbean and other themed ones in the near future.

I have a Garden View Royal Room booked for Jan 2-7. If I upgrade to a River View, will it be a shorter walk to the main pool, café, busses?

Our room in feb was river view royal room and if we could have jumped off the balcony it would have been a short walk. As it was we had to walk back towards the middle of the building to get to the stairs. If you can get a room that is near the stairs it will work but that's not all the rooms.

The princes were there for our trip. But my pix of them are blurrier than my pic of Tiana. And they look fine unlike the princesses.

Read back over the last 12 pages, lots of discussion on the subject.

Andre

I did read- I actually keep up with this thread pretty religiously even though I don't post much- it has great info-but apparently I missed something because I didn't see my question answered. If I got it straight they took away the comforter and left plain white sheets- so my question is will I be able to request a blanket? Is there one in a closet somewhere? Or am I just stuck with sheets only? If so I will bring my own blanket. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter