Port Adventures time?

monorailrabbit

Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!
Hi there! I haven't been on a cruise since 2013 and I am SO excited to be able to enjoy one again this year! Quick question for you knowledgeable vets! I had to call today to book my port adventures because for some reason our names were grayed out on the selection page... anyway, while booking our Blue Lagoon dolphin encounter, she asked if I wanted the 9:15 or 11:15... I wasn't aware there were different time options, so I just went with the earlier one. My question is - is the a benefit to early vs. late or vice versa? I want as much time as possible to get back to the ship which is why I went early... I assume they have no problem getting you to your adventure that early in the morning?? It says guests ashore at 9:30... Thanks in advance! :love::worship:

Hi there! I haven't been on a cruise since 2013 and I am SO excited to be able to enjoy one again this year! Quick question for you knowledgeable vets! I had to call today to book my port adventures because for some reason our names were grayed out on the selection page... anyway, while booking our Blue Lagoon dolphin encounter, she asked if I wanted the 9:15 or 11:15... I wasn't aware there were different time options, so I just went with the earlier one. My question is - is the a benefit to early vs. late or vice versa? I want as much time as possible to get back to the ship which is why I went early... I assume they have no problem getting you to your adventure that early in the morning?? It says guests ashore at 9:30... Thanks in advance! :love::worship:
We almost always take the earliest time, where there are choices. The time indicated is the meet time (usually onboard the ship). So it's quite possible to have a meet time before the ship is actually cleared for debarkation
for the port.

We also like to take the earliest times. We are early risers, so I prefer to get the day started as soon as we can. It also gives you more time to do something in the port on your own once the excursion is done or to enjoy the ship while others aren't on it.

It depends on what you want. Do you want to get up early and maximize your time off ship? If your excursion is for half a day you could explore the location a bit afterwards. Or enjoy the cruise while it's empty. I normally go for the earlier time. I have done afternoon excursions, usually if I want to sleep in a bit or I had a long excursion the day before and want to rest a while.

We did the 9:15 BL Dolphin Swim and beach day in July 2017 and we waited for what seemed to be forever. First in the movie theater until they cleared the ship, and then outside in direct sun before we ever got on the boat to go to the island. If you just want to do the encounter and head back to the ship right away I would do the later time. Looking back I would have appreciated sleeping in and enjoying a nice breakfast, then taking a couple turns on the AquaDuck rather than rushing to wait. It's a beautiful island so enjoy your time there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter