POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok everyone I was only off the DIS for one day! And wow you were a chatty group! I was going to multi quote but gave up.

Janet and Jeanette I want to be a CM with you. Once upon a time my grandson decided on Disney jobs for the whole family. Mine was at the Christmas shop in MK .... could this be because I decorate EVERY room in my house for the holidays? :confused3 But maybe I want to work with all the flowers for each season ... nothing to hard .... I am a senior citizen. Or could I keep a straight face at TOT? Or maybe a tour guide? :confused3 Or what about ..... oh heck I am a confirmed changer! :cool1:

Happy Friday to all my POPer friends and family!!!

:wave2: Linda!!

As a CM, would want to work in too many areas!! It would be best I think for us RCers to keep the cha-cha-changing alive in our CM jobs!! :rotfl2:

Pas and I DEFINITELY are dying to work in the Haunted Mansion :laughing: .... hmmm think I'd better stay away from the Christmas shop as it contains breakables (I'm a little klutzy) ...can see myself being a phototog too, taking pix of character meet & greets!:thumbsup2

Ears2ya2 - congratulations on your Miracle babies. God has certainly blessed your family.

Oh how I'd :love: to join the cast member group. I can't imagine a better job for me.

Have a great weekend everybody. pixiedust:

As a CM, would want to work in too many areas!! It would be best I think for us RCers to keep the cha-cha-changing alive in our CM jobs!! :rotfl2:

Pas and I DEFINITELY are dying to work in the Haunted Mansion :laughing: .... hmmm think I'd better stay away from the Christmas shop as it contains breakables (I'm a little klutzy) ...can see myself being a phototog too, taking pix of character meet & greets!:thumbsup2

I'll take care of the christmas shop for ya!! I can't imagine what would be better than working in a place that combines my two favorite things, christmas and disney. Yup, count me in on your plan! :thumbsup2

Pas and I DEFINITELY are dying to work in the Haunted Mansion :laughing: .... hmmm think I'd better stay away from the Christmas shop as it contains breakables (I'm a little klutzy) ...can see myself being a phototog too, taking pix of character meet & greets!
Count me out too for anywhere breakable....we can do the twist together...I'd be perfect at CRO too ;)

Oh how I'd :love: to join the cast member group. I can't imagine a better job for me.
WDW SHOULD recruit from the Dis :goodvibes

I'll take care of the christmas shop for ya!! I can't imagine what would be better than working in a place that combines my two favorite things, christmas and disney. Yup, count me in on your plan! :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2

Thanks for the advice on naptimes. Hopefully we'll do the parks in the morning time, naps around midday and back to the parks in the evening hours. I promise to take full advantage of the Baby Care Centers. LOL!
Good idea!!! Just having a quiet place for the little ones to play, rock in your lap, color....there are high chairs REAL changing tables...I have spent hours there...one year we were at AKL and my DS (15 mo. or so) decided to start teething, running a fever. I stopped in. Got some Motrin, rocked him in the rocking chair, and sat watching mickey cartoons while he napped in my arms. The CM stayed and chatted with me. Very cozy!
Another Pop lover here as Christine ( Minne& Nana) knows !! Your 2 blessings are heartwarming !!You will love the Food Court too !!The variety is awesome !!Every morning around 8a.m the CMS get out in the middle of the court and do the TWIST, it's fun and you get a button!!They have a kids parade later in the day/evening too which is cute and then ther;s pool games and of course the eveing Movie !!!
Adding my welcome to the Dis !!!I've been around a few years now but I still remember how these boards helped me when I first joined !!!:dance3:
These boards encourage my obsession :flower3: BUT I've made the best friends in the world here :lovestruc

I'll jump in on the CM job! Well, I was a CM back when things were different and my job was part of Disney Entertainment and officially employed by Disneyland - at least that's what my paycheck said.:rotfl:

Linda, let's take over the Christmas Shop in the MK...or I also like the one in the Studios - tucked back there by the Muppets - we could listen to Christmas music and Kermit all day!! :teeth: Or, we could hand out yummy ;) Hot Chocolate and hard as a rock cookies for MVMCP....better yet, let's hand out candy for MNSSHP!!
Hard cookies :crazy2: You and Rosie can do the Hoop De DOO :cool1:

Oh, Pas, should of definitely seen that one coming!! :laughing:
:p

Ok everyone I was only off the DIS for one day! And wow you were a chatty group! I was going to multi quote but gave up.

Janet and Jeanette I want to be a CM with you. Once upon a time my grandson decided on Disney jobs for the whole family. Mine was at the Christmas shop in MK .... could this be because I decorate EVERY room in my house for the holidays? :confused3 But maybe I want to work with all the flowers for each season ... nothing to hard .... I am a senior citizen. Or could I keep a straight face at TOT? Or maybe a tour guide? :confused3 Or what about ..... oh heck I am a confirmed changer! :cool1:
CRO for you!!! Or DVC

:yay: Another great CM in the making!!

Like Pas says ... Disney should recruit from the DIS ... they would be getting some SUPER CMs! :thumbsup2

Count me out too for anywhere breakable....we can do the twist together...I'd be perfect at CRO too ;)

:cool1: We would be perfect for the twist ... and nobody knows more than you on the ins/outs of CRO! :goodvibes

Oh, I would LOVE the HDDR too!! :banana:

Like Pas says ... Disney should recruit from the DIS ... they would be getting some SUPER CMs! :thumbsup2

:cool1: We would be perfect for the twist ... and nobody knows more than you on the ins/outs of CRO! :goodvibes

Oh, I would LOVE the HDDR too!! :banana:
Does WDW need taste testers for the restaurants???? YUM! Oh all these wonderful thoughts are making me happy today ;) And the fact I will be at WDW soon AND atPop in less than 3 months!!! ::yes::

I'll jump in on the CM job! Well, I was a CM back when things were different and my job was part of Disney Entertainment and officially employed by Disneyland - at least that's what my paycheck said.:rotfl:

Linda, let's take over the Christmas Shop in the MK...or I also like the one in the Studios - tucked back there by the Muppets - we could listen to Christmas music and Kermit all day!! :teeth: Or, we could hand out yummy ;) Hot Chocolate and hard as a rock cookies for MVMCP....better yet, let's hand out candy for MNSSHP!! pixiedust:

Okay we'll start at the MK Christmas shop and work our way around. During F&G I think I'll do a little light work there ... nothing too hard but I do want to stop and smell the roses!

Yes I definitely will be a job changer!

Ears2ya2 - congratulations on your Miracle babies. God has certainly blessed your family.

So where would you want to be a cm?

Okay you've got the Christmas shop while I go off and try other jobs!

Good idea!!! Just having a quiet place for the little ones to play, rock in your lap, color....there are high chairs REAL changing tables...I have spent hours there...one year we were at AKL and my DS (15 mo. or so) decided to start teething, running a fever. I stopped in. Got some Motrin, rocked him in the rocking chair, and sat watching mickey cartoons while he napped in my arms. The CM stayed and chatted with me. Very cozy!
These boards encourage my obsession :flower3: BUT I've made the best friends in the world here :lovestruc

CRO for you!!! Or DVC

No, sorry you can't work at CRO .... you'd just change everyones reservations .... you couldn't help yourself .... it's in your nature!!!!

My CM job would be the official Pole Damcing Pole Tester:rotfl2:

Now this I want to see!

Going back to Pop again in October!!!:cool1: My hubby loves me. :lovestruc

Soooo excited to be coming home again. Praying for free Disney Dining.

I've never done the MNNSHP, so this year my budding Imagineer and I will definitely be going.

Since we're going in October this year, should we bring our bathing suits? We've only been there over the winter and it's always been too cold for my taste.

I've never done the MNNSHP, so this year my budding Imagineer and I will definitely be going.

Since we're going in October this year, should we bring our bathing suits? We've only been there over the winter and it's always been too cold for my taste.

Yes bring your bathing suits .... unless it is a crazy year it will be warm! :beach:

My CM job would be the official Pole Damcing Pole Tester:rotfl2:

Rosie, now that's what I call putting you natural talents to good use!! :rotfl:

Does WDW need taste testers for the restaurants???? YUM! Oh all these wonderful thoughts are making me happy today ;) And the fact I will be at WDW soon AND atPop in less than 3 months!!! ::yes::

:cool1: An appetizing job, but disastrous to my waistline!! :goodvibes (Luckily Pas YOU would have nothing to worry about!) :)

Here's some pixiedust: for you for that wish!! My sis went last October and i I remember correctly FD was offered for one week in October ... believe it began around 10/23. :)

CRO for you!!! Or DVC

Agree that Disney should recruit from the DIS.

Here's some pixiedust: for you for that wish!! My sis went last October and i I remember correctly FD was offered for one week in October ... believe it began around 10/23. :)

Thanks for the heads up about the blackout dates in October. :goodvibes I may have to move somethings around. If things hold the way they have been, I might miss free dining by a couple of days.

We went the last week of October a couple of years ago it was 95 so yes bring your suits.

Does anyone have a link for a map of the Disney area. I would like to see where POP is in relation to the parks and such.

Thanks for the heads up about the blackout dates in October. :goodvibes I may have to move somethings around. If things hold the way they have been, I might miss free dining by a couple of days.

You're welcome! :) And you never know what Disney might do from year to year. Depending on your dates, all you would need to do is check in on a FD date to get it for the entire length of stay (which you probably already know :)) Think the dates were 10/23-10/29 last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter