POP Century ~ Unofficially the Grooviest FAQ Thread #6 ~April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for your kind words and pixiedust. I had ordered the 2012 Disney Parks Vacation Planning DVD and received it a month ago. It brings tears to my eyes everytime I think of DS and DD at WDW. Me and DS watch the DVD daily and his face lights up as he points at Cinderella Castle and the characters on the DVD. When the DVD starts, it plays the Disnay commercial with the OneRepublic song "Goodlife" and DS just smiles and points. We were out shopping the other day and the store was playing that song and he looked at me with a "surprised" look and was trying to find a TV to see it. That's priceless!
I hope you all have a wonderful time as well. Pixie dust your way to!pixiedust:

My DS3 also watches our DVD everyday. WOW, you sound like you and your wife have been blessed with some pixie dust already. So exciting! My advice as someone who does WDW with several little ones is don't overplan. Fit naps and downtime into each day. Find the baby care centers in each park. They are wonderful. You'll find Disney is more baby friendly than anywhere else. Enjoy planning. And the co-hostesses of the Pop thread are AMAZING WOMEN!!! You definitely picked the right place to start...Now to wipe my tears and go to work :goodvibes

Greetings all! I have been a lurker on the DIS boards for awhile and have decided to join after seeing all of the wonderful people that share me and DW's love for WDW. I would like to thank you JanetB for keeping this wonderful thread up and going, and so much fun. It has been so much help and so fun to read. And, thanks to all of you fun and groovy POPers for all your advice and warm welcomes to those who are looking for help. Everybody on this thread is the greatest. It is because of the "POP thread" that we have booked a stay at POP the first week of December.​

First, congratulations on your two blessings and thank you for sharing your wonderful uplifting story with us! :goodvibes BTW :welcome: to the DIS and the POP thread, so happy you can out of lurkdom. :)

As Minnie&Nana stated, Bldg 3 is a great location ... we stayed there last trip, lakeview, 2nd floor. As you are aware, a King room at POP is by request only (and are limited in number). Make sure the King request is listed first on your reservation, then your other requests, whether its lakeview (or fireworks), floor no. as requests should be listed in order of importance.:)

As I wasn't 100% sure, called Disney to find out if they will allow 2 infants under 3 in a King room with 2 adults and the answer is, technically yes :) ... that was a interesting call. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, it is hopeful that the schedulers in seeing your profile (the children with be listed as ages 1 and 2), they will try their best to accomodate you in that King request. And yes, it is best to use the regular check-in for assistance.

Again, thanks for sharing your story; it will be amazing trip for you all. :) I hope you are able to come back to "POP" in from time to time on the thread to just say hello or share any planning details. :cool1:

Ok everyone I was only off the DIS for one day! And wow you were a chatty group! I was going to multi quote but gave up.

Janet and Jeanette I want to be a CM with you. Once upon a time my grandson decided on Disney jobs for the whole family. Mine was at the Christmas shop in MK .... could this be because I decorate EVERY room in my house for the holidays? :confused3 But maybe I want to work with all the flowers for each season ... nothing to hard .... I am a senior citizen. Or could I keep a straight face at TOT? Or maybe a tour guide? :confused3 Or what about ..... oh heck I am a confirmed changer! :cool1:

Happy Friday to all my POPer friends and family!!!

Does anyone know if the POP gift shop sells any princess crowns?

:wave: Well, believe you will have to get those at DTD at the World of Disney store or at the parks. Everything POP has the mouse ears with princess theme, some headband selections, but no actual crowns that I can recall. :)

Maybe check out a local Disney store in advance to see what they may have?? Too bad it's not near Halloween for a good selection. :goodvibes

7 Days folks. I am going nuts here. Can you tell? My son had his last day of school today. The baby girl has a dance recital tomorrow an hour away, so that should keep us occupied for the day. Sunday, I will be back to obsessing again. :crazy2:
I have not exercised in a month! Just been sitting on my butt reading Disney forums and probably gained 7 pounds. What is wrong with me?! :scratchin:eek::guilty:

My DS3 also watches our DVD everyday. WOW, you sound like you and your wife have been blessed with some pixie dust already. So exciting! My advice as someone who does WDW with several little ones is don't overplan. Fit naps and downtime into each day. Find the baby care centers in each park. They are wonderful. You'll find Disney is more baby friendly than anywhere else. Enjoy planning. And the co-hostesses of the Pop thread are AMAZING WOMEN!!! You definitely picked the right place to start...Now to wipe my tears and go to work :goodvibes

Thanks for the advice on naptimes. Hopefully we'll do the parks in the morning time, naps around midday and back to the parks in the evening hours. I promise to take full advantage of the Baby Care Centers. LOL!

100 days for us!!! :cool1: Too excited! I love this forum. I check it everyday! I love the tips. I had no idea you could see some fireworks. The 1st time we stayed at POP is was a rushed 4 days and I didn't even see 1/2 the resort. I had no idea there was a lake?! LOL :rotfl2:

First, congratulations on your two blessings and thank you for sharing your wonderful uplifting story with us! :goodvibes BTW :welcome: to the DIS and the POP thread, so happy you can out of lurkdom. :)

As Minnie&Nana stated, Bldg 3 is a great location ... we stayed there last trip, lakeview, 2nd floor. As you are aware, a King room at POP is by request only (and are limited in number). Make sure the King request is listed first on your reservation, then your other requests, whether its lakeview (or fireworks), floor no. as requests should be listed in order of importance.:)

As I wasn't 100% sure, called Disney to find out if they will allow 2 infants under 3 in a King room with 2 adults and the answer is, technically yes :) ... that was a interesting call. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, it is hopeful that the schedulers in seeing your profile (the children with be listed as ages 1 and 2), they will try their best to accomodate you in that King request. And yes, it is best to use the regular check-in for assistance.

Again, thanks for sharing your story; it will be amazing trip for you all. :) I hope you are able to come back to "POP" in from time to time on the thread to just say hello or share any planning details. :cool1:

Thanks for the warm welcome and for calling Disney. A king bed would be great. That way if DS couldn't sleep in his pack n' play, he could sleep between me and DW. Thanks for the info. BTW, do you call Disney reservations or the POP resort to add a room request and what is the phone number? Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

I am starting to get a little stressed. We arrive in 24 days and I have not received anything from Disney. Can I just print all my reservations or do I need something more official?

Thanks Minnie&Nana! Great advice. I have my pen and paper and have written your advice down. Building 3 (Tramp) was our second choice only because DW thought it might be too far to the parking lot. Now to run it by DW. Thanks again.

Another Pop lover here as Christine ( Minne& Nana) knows !! Your 2 blessings are heartwarming !!You will love the Food Court too !!The variety is awesome !!Every morning around 8a.m the CMS get out in the middle of the court and do the TWIST, it's fun and you get a button!!They have a kids parade later in the day/evening too which is cute and then ther;s pool games and of course the eveing Movie !!!
Adding my welcome to the Dis !!!I've been around a few years now but I still remember how these boards helped me when I first joined !!!:dance3:

Ears2ya2 -- congrats on the babies! The same thing happened my brother and his wife -- miracles! This trip will be so special for you!

And can I get in on the group CM plan? DH and I would love to move to FL (and now that he's not working, maybe we just will.... but DS16 wouldn't be too happy with us. Maybe we won't tell him where we're moving to).

Two weeks from right now I'll be traveling with the herd to the Epcot exit after Illuminations... and if my friend and I are still awake we'll head over to MK for the evening EMH!

Ears2ya2 -- congrats on the babies! The same thing happened my brother and his wife -- miracles! This trip will be so special for you!

And can I get in on the group CM plan? DH and I would love to move to FL (and now that he's not working, maybe we just will.... but DS16 wouldn't be too happy with us. Maybe we won't tell him where we're moving to).

Two weeks from right now I'll be traveling with the herd to the Epcot exit after Illuminations... and if my friend and I are still awake we'll head over to MK for the evening EMH!

Haha, my sister and I will be in the parks this day next month, and I keep texting her "right now next month we will be getting on the bus to go to epcot" "right now next month we will be eating at Ohana" "right now next month we will be waiting for rope drop at MK":rotfl2:

It makes it seem so much closer!!

7 Days folks. I am going nuts here. Can you tell? My son had his last day of school today. The baby girl has a dance recital tomorrow an hour away, so that should keep us occupied for the day. Sunday, I will be back to obsessing again. :crazy2:
I have not exercised in a month! Just been sitting on my butt reading Disney forums and probably gained 7 pounds. What is wrong with me?! :scratchin:eek::guilty:

Well, with all the walking you will do at Disney, you'll take out those pounds, no problem (of course we won't discuss the calories you will consume while you are there!!) :upsidedow

100 days for us!!! :cool1: Too excited! I love this forum. I check it everyday! I love the tips. I had no idea you could see some fireworks. The 1st time we stayed at POP is was a rushed 4 days and I didn't even see 1/2 the resort. I had no idea there was a lake?! LOL :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Well, the lake has always been there!!! Maybe you didn't had a lake view. :goodvibes

Regarding the fireworks, the best view of Illuminations be viewed from the top floors of bldg 2, 3, & 4.:)

does anyone know what movies are being shown in June?

Not yet! :)

We're leaving in the morning so I was getting some last minute things done. Went to put in the hotels address into the Garmin and it can't find it. It says No Matches Found.

Isn't it

1050 Century Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

It has a listing for
1050 Century Drive
Orlando, FL 32830

Is that the same?

Thanks for the warm welcome and for calling Disney. A king bed would be great. That way if DS couldn't sleep in his pack n' play, he could sleep between me and DW. Thanks for the info. BTW, do you call Disney reservations or the POP resort to add a room request and what is the phone number? Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

:goodvibes Hoping for pixie dust for you that you are granted your King request as the added flloor room for those pack n plays would be terrific! Call Disney reservations at 407-939-7622 and add the room requests (not the direct POP line) - and remember, to put your requests in order of importance (King, lake view, etc.) :goodvibes

Ok everyone I was only off the DIS for one day! And wow you were a chatty group! I was going to multi quote but gave up.

Janet and Jeanette I want to be a CM with you. Once upon a time my grandson decided on Disney jobs for the whole family. Mine was at the Christmas shop in MK .... could this be because I decorate EVERY room in my house for the holidays? :confused3 But maybe I want to work with all the flowers for each season ... nothing to hard .... I am a senior citizen. Or could I keep a straight face at TOT? Or maybe a tour guide? :confused3 Or what about ..... oh heck I am a confirmed changer! :cool1:

Happy Friday to all my POPer friends and family!!!

I'll jump in on the CM job! Well, I was a CM back when things were different and my job was part of Disney Entertainment and officially employed by Disneyland - at least that's what my paycheck said.:rotfl:

Linda, let's take over the Christmas Shop in the MK...or I also like the one in the Studios - tucked back there by the Muppets - we could listen to Christmas music and Kermit all day!! :teeth: Or, we could hand out yummy ;) Hot Chocolate and hard as a rock cookies for MVMCP....better yet, let's hand out candy for MNSSHP!! pixiedust:

Erin ...congrats to your DB and DSIL:), children are such blessings that we are given.:flower3:

Well, my friends tell me I should go work for Disney since I love it so much!! So maybe after the kids have left, we will be heading south too! :goodvibes

Haha, my sister and I will be in the parks this day next month, and I keep texting her "right now next month we will be getting on the bus to go to epcot" "right now next month we will be eating at Ohana" "right now next month we will be waiting for rope drop at MK":rotfl2:

It makes it seem so much closer!!

Like this idea:thumbsup2 ... don't forget to mention having a mickey bar:mickeybar!

We're leaving in the morning so I was getting some last minute things done. Went to put in the hotels address into the Garmin and it can't find it. It says No Matches Found.

Isn't it

1050 Century Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

It has a listing for
1050 Century Drive
Orlando, FL 32830

Is that the same?

Yes, shouldn't be a problem. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter