Pop Century Room Renovations

Ok folks.

I'm a member of a few FB groups (KTP being one of them) and I keep seeing reports that the Murphy is a full size bed, not a queen.

Now it makes no difference to me either way (actually, truth be told I'd rather it was a Full so it'll take up a little less floor space) but I think it's important to get a solid answer for those who are counting on both beds being queen.

Anyone have The Final Word?

Didn't someone up thread actually measure both mattresses and confirm the were both 80 x 60?

Didn't someone up thread actually measure both mattresses and confirm the were both 80 x 60?

Yep they were measured and the measurements were posted as both being the same size and queens.
So, then, you're both saying the rumors were rumors and we have reports from someone on the ground (ie, in the room) providing actual facts?

Yeah I'm going with the DIS poster facts.

We will be checking in at POP a week from today and I'm so excited I can't stand it! My Disney travel agent requested a King size bed in the renovated section for me, and when I did online check in, I asked for 90s section and ground floor (for quicker access to the Magic!). Does anyone have any idea how many king rooms have been renovated? I'm guessing most standard rooms are 2 Q, so I wonder what my chances are of getting a renovated room? Any ideas to improve my chances of getting one? Thanks!

Yep they were measured and the measurements were posted as both being the same size and queens.

That was me- they are definitely both queens and both SO much more comfortable compared to the previous Pop mattresses. They were actually more comfortable than my mattress at home.

That is one of the many reasons I'm sad that I just got back home today.:mad:

I wonder if you asked them what kind of mattress it is, if they would tell you lol.

That was me- they are definitely both queens and both SO much more comfortable compared to the previous Pop mattresses. They were actually more comfortable than my mattress at home.

That is one of the many reasons I'm sad that I just got back home today.:mad:

I wonder if you asked them what kind of mattress it is, if they would tell you lol.

I'm sure you're right, but having just spent money in a Disney trip, a new mattress isn't in the budget right now, unfortunately.
Although, until this trip, I didn't realize how much more comfortable It could be.
The bad thing about a nice vacation is it spoils me for the real world! :rotfl:
Anyway....bottom line is that the new beds are comfy and I enjoyed the queen size, even though it leaves less overall room space.

If you are counting all king rooms there are 6 per floor according to that link and of the 6 rooms 2 are accessible.

Standard buildings only have 2 King rooms per floor and only on floors 1-3. The 4th floor doesn't have any king rooms in those buildings. Since Building 8 (the only building that is completely refurbished at this point) is a standard building, there are only 6 total refurbished King rooms at the moment (assuming they haven't changed from previous building specs).

Pull off the linens, the tags should be there. I've checked before. Unfortunately I think I found they ordered in bulk from a hotel supplier so brand name might be one in favor of the hotel supplier name.

We will be checking in at POP a week from today and I'm so excited I can't stand it! My Disney travel agent requested a King size bed in the renovated section for me, and when I did online check in, I asked for 90s section and ground floor (for quicker access to the Magic!). Does anyone have any idea how many king rooms have been renovated? I'm guessing most standard rooms are 2 Q, so I wonder what my chances are of getting a renovated room? Any ideas to improve my chances of getting one? Thanks!

Probably just six http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/1329/popcenturyroomlayoutlarge.jpg This is a Standard (vs accessible) building, so based on the text on the linked page, only rooms ending in 03 and 22 on the first three floors have king beds.

Standard buildings only have 2 King rooms per floor and only on floors 1-3. The 4th floor doesn't have any king rooms in those buildings. Since Building 8 (the only building that is completely refurbished at this point) is a standard building, there are only 6 total refurbished King rooms at the moment (assuming they haven't changed from previous building specs).

THIS^ If the same it will depend on which building.

You are correct. Wow I completely misread that.

You are correct. Wow I completely misread that.

No worries....it's not exactly simple and straight forward. It took me a few minutes to figure it out the first time I saw it a few years ago. I kept getting tripped up because I knew that we were in connecting rooms 4450 & 4451 back in 2004 and that neither one of them was a king room -- but looking at the diagram, it appeared as though 4451 should have been a king. I was sure the chart was wrong. Then I started reading all the "exceptions" and I realized we were in a "Standard" building so only rooms 03 & 22 were King rooms....and not on the 4th floor. I got a headache trying to figure it out. :D

No worries....it's not exactly simple and straight forward. It took me a few minutes to figure it out the first time I saw it a few years ago. I kept getting tripped up because I knew that we were in connecting rooms 4450 & 4451 back in 2004 and that neither one of them was a king room -- but looking at the diagram, it appeared as though 4451 should have been a king. I was sure the chart was wrong. Then I started reading all the "exceptions" and I realized we were in a "Standard" building so only rooms 03 & 22 were King rooms....and not on the 4th floor. I got a headache trying to figure it out. :D
Good to know! So If we want a K room starting this Sunday, our chances of a refurbished room are slim to none.
SOOOO....For this week, what area would you suggest for a standard K room for me and my husband on a no-kid trip? We usually like ground floor, but we really aren't too picky.

Good to know! So If we want a K room starting this Sunday, our chances of a refurbished room are slim to none.
SOOOO....For this week, what area would you suggest for a standard K room for me and my husband on a no-kid trip? We usually like ground floor, but we really aren't too picky.

Honestly, if a king bed is that important, make it your only request. Be willing to accept king in any building. If you start asking for king in a specific section, you may end up with 2 queens in that section because a king wasn't available and they gave you the requested section instead rather than giving you a king in a different section. If you really want a king room, make it your only request.
Enjoy your vacation! -- here's hoping for pixie dust that you get a refurbed king pixiedust:

I booked a preferred room (AP discount), but I am really hoping we can get put into one of the new rooms. The queen beds would be awesome

Another question for any DISer who has been lucky enough to have a refurbished room: my mom is bringing her own scooter. Is there sufficient space in the room for it with both beds down? Thank you!
It's fairly small, not as big as the ones available for rent. :daisy:

There are a few videos on youtube of people in the refurb rooms for those interested :) just search "pop century refurbished room" :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter