Pop Century Room Renovations

I apologize since this has been asked before.

When trying to do my online check in, it won't let me select a room preference. It's my understanding that I need to go to the bottom of the page and check that I agree to the terms and click on Save.

My question is that once I have done this, will it let me go back into online check in and make room selections?

I've requested a refurbished room through my travel agent and through Touring Plans. Fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Since you've already made your requests, I would skip that section during Online Check In.

Thanks dansdad but I'd really like to cover all my bases!

Can anyone answer my original question?

Thanks.

Yes, 90's was the first building done.

Thank you! I requested 90s, ground floor. I'm going with a friend that's driving down and will arrive before me and I honestly only showed them that part of the map because Im hoping to be in those rooms haha :)

Update: when we arrived we too were told all renovated rooms were full. They said we could check again tomorrow. We called at 6:30 AM today and they sais they can transfer our stuff to a renovated room at 9 Am as long as it is all packed. Woot!

They said that 75% of their current guests are here due to Irma so it is just super hard to predict when guests will check out, hence why they couldnt tell us last night that a room would be available this morning.

I am so happy they worked diligently to accomodate us and despite being at a value resort they treated our request seriously and made me feel like I mattered as a guest. Super appreciative of the Disney customer service. Also, so bummed that so many people are still displaced by Irma. :'(
Got the new room. WOW! It is definitely worth switching for. It is the difference between a 2 star and a 4 star resort, seriously. Besides the visual differences, the bed is way more comfortable and there is in room coffee.

Here now in Building 8, room 8106 first floor at the end of the building. I actually like these rooms a lot more than I thought I would. I'm only here for one night before I move over to Dolphin. I just put building 8 in my on line check in, simple walk across the parking lot to the bus stop. My only complain is that the fan in the bathroom sounds like an airplane taking off. I was soaking in a hot bath after enjoying F&W and when it first came on scared me half to death.

They said that 75% of their current guests are here due to Irma so it is just super hard to predict when guests will check out, hence why they couldnt tell us last night that a room would be available this morning.

Also, so bummed that so many people are still displaced by Irma. :'(

Our server today at LTT said he and his family are staying at Pop because they don't have power. There have been a lot of RVs in the lot since I checked in Tuesday, but we noticed a lot less when we got back from MK tonight. I don't know if that means people were leaving because FW opened or just leaving in general.

Our server today at LTT said he and his family are staying at Pop because they don't have power. There have been a lot of RVs in the lot since I checked in Tuesday, but we noticed a lot less when we got back from MK tonight. I don't know if that means people were leaving because FW opened or just leaving in general.
It could be because FW is open again. I read that they were transferring everyone at FW into a resort for the hurricane.

Has anyone that has stayed in the renovated rooms had issues with the bed/table combo? Is it loud? Is it difficult for one person to put up and own?

I hate that that is the only table in the room when both beds need to be used. It makes it awkward if someone wants to sit there before or after someone goes to sleep, especially a light sleeper.
I came back last week from a renovated room and we had three people in the room, so we left it down the whole time, but found it very quiet and easy to put up and pull down. Very quiet too.

Kinda sad to post this, but I think I just had my last visit to PoP. I love PoP, but I've decided to invest in DVC and will be moving to different hotels. I have to admit that I have only stayed in PoP since I have been going to DisneyWorld. But I just got back last Thursday and the refurbed rooms are great. They are clean and have so much more counter space with the TV mounted on the wall. We kept the murphy bed down the whole time and still had enough room to store everything, including food for three people during the two day lockdown during the hurricane. I love the new shower, and all the storage in the bathroom area. I can't think of one complaint about the room. When I folded up the Murphy bed on the last day it was like a total transformation, but the only time we were in the room was during the hurricane and we all were lounging, so the table was not missed. As I was walking around I noticed that part of the 70's rooms that were being renovated were still be worked on and were down to the studs, but some other rooms were supposed to be turned over as early as 9/11 but I think some of the crew was pulled for hurricane prep. I did go into A Man and his Dream twice to see the two new areas coming to Hollywood but they were not completed yet, and was informed that the people had been pulled for hurricane prep. I was bummed I didn't get to see what was coming. But back to PoP. We did have problems with our magic bands working on the door, took three days to get all the bands resolved, but the front desk were more than helpful and apologetic, but during and after the hurricane the kitchen staff had lost most of their pixie dust, and seemed a bit surly. I heard it from a few people in our party. But none of that did anything to dampen our trip.

Kinda sad to post this, but I think I just had my last visit to PoP. I love PoP, but I've decided to invest in DVC and will be moving to different hotels. I have to admit that I have only stayed in PoP since I have been going to DisneyWorld. But I just got back last Thursday and the refurbed rooms are great. They are clean and have so much more counter space with the TV mounted on the wall. We kept the murphy bed down the whole time and still had enough room to store everything, including food for three people during the two day lockdown during the hurricane. I love the new shower, and all the storage in the bathroom area. I can't think of one complaint about the room. When I folded up the Murphy bed on the last day it was like a total transformation, but the only time we were in the room was during the hurricane and we all were lounging, so the table was not missed. As I was walking around I noticed that part of the 70's rooms that were being renovated were still be worked on and were down to the studs, but some other rooms were supposed to be turned over as early as 9/11 but I think some of the crew was pulled for hurricane prep. I did go into A Man and his Dream twice to see the two new areas coming to Hollywood but they were not completed yet, and was informed that the people had been pulled for hurricane prep. I was bummed I didn't get to see what was coming. But back to PoP. We did have problems with our magic bands working on the door, took three days to get all the bands resolved, but the front desk were more than helpful and apologetic, but during and after the hurricane the kitchen staff had lost most of their pixie dust, and seemed a bit surly. I heard it from a few people in our party. But none of that did anything to dampen our trip.

We had our last stay there as well. POFQ or one of the Epcot loop hotels for us now.

As I typed that I knew I would be missing PoP, but I had been wanting to try one of the other resorts for a while. I knew it was time to move on,,,, for now.
I know what you mean. I think next year we will try another resort perhaps renting DVC points. We, too, want to try different resorts. What's to say that we wont be back to POP just because we love it.

I know what you mean. I think next year we will try another resort perhaps renting DVC points. We, too, want to try different resorts. What's to say that we wont be back to POP just because we love it.
One thing I dislike about PoP is that the bus seems to be the farthest away from everything, Well that and AOA. Even the all stars are closer walks.

One thing I dislike about PoP is that the bus seems to be the farthest away from everything, Well that and AOA. Even the all stars are closer walks.

You're quite right about this - especially at Disney Springs! Oye, that's a long one!!

The one stop that makes the most sense is Magic Kingdom as the far loops are the only ones that can handle the articulated buses and Pop sends those to the MK.

My only complain is that the fan in the bathroom sounds like an airplane taking off. I was soaking in a hot bath after enjoying F&W and when it first came on scared me half to death.

I forgot about the bathroom fans. I need to remember to start packing a small lantern or those dollar store tap lights so I do not have to turn the bathroom light on when in there for baths/showers.

Kinda sad to post this, but I think I just had my last visit to PoP. I love PoP, but I've decided to invest in DVC and will be moving to different hotels....

We've been DVC members for nearly 20 years now, and when we run out of points we stay at Pop! Now that the beds will be queens and there will be a coffee pot in the room, we have little reason to pay for a moderate (like CSR, where we stayed last time - enjoyed it, but if we can't have our DVC 1-bedroom with full kitchen and washer/dryer, Pop is fine!).

I forgot about the bathroom fans. I need to remember to start packing a small lantern or those dollar store tap lights so I do not have to turn the bathroom light on when in there for baths/showers.

The fan in the bathroom never shut off in our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!