Pop Century Room Renovations

That was happening to me too. I ended up clicking on the "agree to terms and conditions" and then when I went back in all the room designations miraculously appeared!

Thank you so much for this tip! I've been playing with this for over a week, incognito and all, and this worked. Now my preferences are saved, they match my touring plans fax, so now I just have to wait. Patiently. For 3 weeks and 4 days. Did I mention patiently??

Wow - haven't been on disboards in years - now I have a reason to return! Just booked POP for June,2018 due to seeing the addition of queen beds at a value resort! My first time at POP and I went with a preferred pool view. I'm guessing this will put me in the 60's rooms, correct? If so I hope construction is finished, otherwise we may ask for another section.:(

Has anyone that has stayed in the renovated rooms had issues with the bed/table combo? Is it loud? Is it difficult for one person to put up and own?

I hate that that is the only table in the room when both beds need to be used. It makes it awkward if someone wants to sit there before or after someone goes to sleep, especially a light sleeper.

Has anyone that has stayed in the renovated rooms had issues with the bed/table combo? Is it loud? Is it difficult for one person to put up and own?

I hate that that is the only table in the room when both beds need to be used. It makes it awkward if someone wants to sit there before or after someone goes to sleep, especially a light sleeper.

I haven't stayed in a renovated room yet but have seen a couple of videos of people taking the bed down and putting it back up. It seems quite easy for 1 person to do and has been quiet in the videos I have watched.

So from what I have gathered, for my trip in November, I need to request a room in the 80s or 90s in order to have the best shot at an remodeled room? Are there other sections that should be safe to request that will be done by the start of November?

Thanks!
Bob

Actually your absolute best shot would be to simply request a refurbished room. Then it won't matter where they are in the process.

Just returned from POP and I can tell you it is not loud and very easy to put up and down. I slept in the pull down because I am the first up. This allowed me to close the bed and have the table for the morning.

Thanks, maybe it will not be so bad staying at Pop this time. I did not care for it the last time I stayed there.

We have a preferred room booked at Pop starting Nov 26. I would sure love a renovated room as my sister has severe asthma and does best without carpets. Do you think there is any chance some of the preferred rooms will be ready by then? Do they wait until the whole building is done before they allow guests to stay there? I think I would rather have a renovated room than a preferred room. Like others in this thread, I am doing a split stay with POR as I had some unexpected expenses also. :dogdance: Yes, vet bills but it's all worth it as he is all healed up.

I'm still optimistic that bldg 10 (70s, includes preferred rooms) will be done in time for your trip. But honestly, I'd be tempted to book standard (better odds of a refurbed room) and request 70s. Even the standard rooms in bldg 10 didn't seem too far. Maybe book standard and call to request a refurbed room as close to food/transport as possible?

Hello, we fly in from the UK on Oct 17th, and having booked it all about 18 months ago, we had no idea that POP would be getting refurbished, so we have paid for a Preferred Room. I was thinking about asking if we could move to a refurbed standard room, but my sister would rather stay in a preferred room to be close to facilities/bus stops etc, than a new room, so I think we will stick to preferred. I've accepted that none of the preferred rooms will be renovated by the time we check in, based on this thread.

So has anyone got any recommendations for their favourite preferred rooms at POP, or 'best' in terms of location to bus stops/food court and being nice and quiet? We have been to Disney a few times but have never stayed onsite in a Disney hotel, I have looked at Touring Plans for room info, but nothing beats the opinions of people who have actually stayed at POP multiple times!

Thanks

Well... I had an awesome Preferred room earlier this year, quiet and super convenient to food court and bus stop. Unfortunately, it was in bldg 10 of the 70s, which will be under construction while you're there.

I've heard good things about the Preferred rooms in the 60s on the sides not facing the pool. If I couldn't have a 70s room, I'd go 60s.

Do make sure you visit AOA! The theming and the food court are well worth the short walk!

Wow - haven't been on disboards in years - now I have a reason to return! Just booked POP for June,2018 due to seeing the addition of queen beds at a value resort! My first time at POP and I went with a preferred pool view. I'm guessing this will put me in the 60's rooms, correct? If so I hope construction is finished, otherwise we may ask for another section.:(

Yep, all Preferred Pool View rooms are in the 60s. And they had darn well better be done by next June! Supposedly the whole refurb is supposed to be done by May, 2018. I don't think they'll make that, but I would hope that by June they'll be down to finishing up the last of the 50s.

I will be staying at Pop for the first time next month and paid for a preferred room. Prefer rooms are located 50's 60's and 70's

We have a preferred room booked at Pop starting Nov 26. I would sure love a renovated room as my sister has severe asthma and does best without carpets. Do you think there is any chance some of the preferred rooms will be ready by then? Do they wait until the whole building is done before they allow guests to stay there? I think I would rather have a renovated room than a preferred room. Like others in this thread, I am doing a split stay with POR as I had some unexpected expenses also. :dogdance: Yes, vet bills but it's all worth it as he is all healed up.
I would hope Building 10, with some preferred rooms, will be done by then. I hope it's done by early November for my stay. If it's not that would seem ridiculously long. I'm hoping Building 6 is done by then, but that seems to be wishful thinking only at this point.

I don't know if they open just some rooms while working on others, sorry.

Glad your pup is okay.

So from what I have gathered, for my trip in November, I need to request a room in the 80s or 90s in order to have the best shot at an remodeled room? Are there other sections that should be safe to request that will be done by the start of November?

Thanks!
Bob
Don't you try and take my refurbished room! I'm pretty sure I had dibs on it first. :rotfl:

Thanks, maybe it will not be so bad staying at Pop this time. I did not care for it the last time I stayed there.
I guess it depends on why you didn't care for it.

The rooms are still the same size, but now with bigger beds. So less walking around room. And you no longer have a table with both beds down. But the bathrooms have a lot more storage! And no more carpet, which to me is a huge plus. And we never sat at the table, so that doesn't affect us.

I guess it depends on why you didn't care for it.

Oh, the room was fine when I stayed there. I really cannot put a finger on why I disliked my stay at POP, but it was an overall feel. I figure the new style of room might at least be something to tempt me to want to try the resort again.

We are planning our first Disney trip! We are staying at POP and will arrive on May 30, 2018. We currently have a preferred room booked. But, I'm more concerned with having a refurbished room instead of a preferred room. Do I keep the preferred room and hope those rooms are ready, or do I change to a standard room with a refurbed request?

We are planning our first Disney trip! We are staying at POP and will arrive on May 30, 2018. We currently have a preferred room booked. But, I'm more concerned with having a refurbished room instead of a preferred room. Do I keep the preferred room and hope those rooms are ready, or do I change to a standard room with a refurbed request?
I think by May you'll have a good chance of getting a refurb room in 70's

Can anyone who's been there recently tell us the condition of the dining area? The last couple of times we went it seemed to be going downhill...

There's been talk that the Renovations are supposed to be all completely finished by May, 2018. I'm not convinced they're going to make that, but I would certainly hope that by the end of May all rooms will either be refurbished or under construction - no more old rooms by then.

Wow, I was a little worried when I started reading this thread. We were in WDW in June and landed a refurbished room. They were very nice.
We booked a trip for our anniversary-- we are passholders-- at the Swan because nothing was available, with a Florida discount. Then rooms started opening so I cancelled the Swan to book Pop because the CM said the refurbishment was complete. I didn't specifically request a new room because he told me they were finished and all rooms were the same. I think I might be in trouble now because we leave in the morning. Any suggestions?

You could still call or send a fax-or when you get there go to the front desk and ask nicely and hope for the best.

On the way to the airport and I just got the email that our room is ready, we didn't get a refurbished one even though we requested it at online check on and with a fax through Touring Plans :sad1: any chance they'll change our room if we ask nicely when we get there? I got my husband all pumped up for it and he's disappointed now :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter