Podcast Cruise 6.0 Review Show is up

Apologies if I contributing to the derailing of this thread- I appreciate all the additional info and context, especially the fact that this is a relatively new port for RCL so they perhaps don't have it all ironed out like they do at other ports - and just that the scale of the ship provides added challenges and would make it really hard for more targeted support at/on port

Glad overall that it seems like people had a great cruise - the night time entertainment (clubs and bars and stuff more than the shows) and some of the excursions sound like they were a blast

As a frequent traveler (we are Diamond Plus on RCCL), I can say without hesitation, that RCCL is my favorite cruise line. I prefer it to Disney, as it offers me more choices.

There are more ships, more itineraries, more dining choices, more activities aimed at adults etc.

I can see why others prefer Disney, but the good news is that there is something for everyone.

I'm sorry that our show came off as being more about the negatives, as that is not my impression of the cruise.

Also, I want to address the social media aspect...my cologne incident would have gone unmentioned if I didn't know that folks were following us. We have always been honest in our opinions and I hope that gives us credibility, but it would have been boring to tweet "Everything's going great" every day. If I gave the impression that either or my glitches were "cruise ruiners", that I gave the wrong impression. They were not.

These are things that could have happened at any "on land" location.

When you travel, there are a host of things that can go wrong that can horribly affect your experience. The things mentioned here were not at that level.

These incidents, in my opinion, were minor and an inconvenience at best. They did not reflect the entirety of our cruise experience.

As I mentioned, we love RCCL and have two future cruises booked. I don't have dates yet....but I have ideas.

we love RCCL and have two future cruises booked. I don't have dates yet....but I have ideas.
Thank you for posting, Kevin. I didn't feel the show was mostly negative, though I totally understand that sometimes the fails make the best and most entertaining stories. As I said, I was pleased to hear you all give a nice positive review of the trip. Marci and I had a great time. I'm one of those people who thanked you all for choosing RCCL instead of Disney this time. That's the only reason we were able to join you.

We, too, have another RCCL cruise booked. We signed up onboard at the talk Tracey did. We don't know when or where either but we'll figure that out later. And this was our very first time sailing with RCCL so the fact that we've already rebooked tells you a lot about what we thought of the experience.

Interesting comments about the cruise. For us, this was our first time sailing RCCL, and most likely last. For us, we usually enjoy eating in MDR on other cruise line, but our experience with RCCL really threw us as. Our food came out consistently cold. I never blamed the servers as this is a kitchen fault but this was the theme throughout. I know we had an option to goto one of the upcharge restaurants, I guess that I had trouble with the idea that if I paid for the cruise, why could I not get a decent meal in MDR vs paying extra or settling for pizza/hamburgers/hotdogs.

Overall we enjoyed the ship, absolutely loved the adult areas. I was sorry that we did not get a chance to meet more of the other podcasters but enjoy meeting several folks during the meet-n-greet sessions. One comment I did have for RCCL was that when we visited Labadee, we had no idea as to what to do or where to go. One thing I did like about Disney is that the night before you got a map of the island to help navigate. I find a map once we arrived at Labadee but felt that in the end a bit disappointed as there were things we probably would have enjoyed doing but were unaware.

I enjoyed hearing the podcast about the cruise and what many others had experienced. One comment I had about other passengers and elevators, I found folks to be the most accommodating for those who were in wheelchairs or had other difficulties walking. I found many cases of folks holding the doors and ensuring those that needed extra help - got it and no grumbling as a results. On Disney, we found this to be the complete opposite where those who needed the space/help usually had to wait for several elevators before boarding.

Hopefully we will have the chance to do another podcast cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter