Please explain the drink of the day cup and refills

Yes it's a few ounces bigger.

Actually, it's not. The standard DotD cup is a Cambro Laguna LT16 tumbler. It is *exactly* the same size as the DotD hurricane glass. I recently bought a Cambro LT16 and measured it against my DotD hurricane glass to confirm. No difference in capacity.

Yes it is a plastic hurricane glass and there is no token as far as I know. However it's easy to throw in your beach bag. When given to the bartender they always gave me a fresh glass (washed) which then I kept and exchanged again.. However sometimes I asked for them not to give me a new glass because I wanted to keep the color I had (I know... ;)
The drink of the day cost $4.65 in the hurricane glass and the first one was about $8.50-$9.00.
When I got a non drink of the day in this glass I paid $9.50. It was not discounted unless you got the drink of the day.
Tip: You will get a much better tasting drink of the day if you go to a bar away from the pool area - at one of the lounges or even adult swim up bar. The bartender will then mix it just for you, whereas by the pool they have it pre-mixed in a big jug or something. It seems more watered down.

So you buy the first drink of the day in a hurricane souvenir glass and pay around 9 dollars, then refill for around 4.65 with the drink of that day, or any subsequent drink of the day for the rest of the cruise? Or - without the souvenir cup the drink of the day is 5 dollars any day? Thanks in advance for clarifying!

So you buy the first drink of the day in a hurricane souvenir glass and pay around 9 dollars, then refill for around 4.65 with the drink of that day, or any subsequent drink of the day for the rest of the cruise? Or - without the souvenir cup the drink of the day is 5 dollars any day? Thanks in advance for clarifying!

Only the drink of the day is discounted, yes, regardless of what glass you get it in. If you choose to buy the souvenir glass, you can keep having drinks in this glass throughout the cruise. If it's drink of the day it's the drink of the day price. If you want a drink other than drink of the day in it, you pay regular drink price.
I was told the souvenir glass is a couple of ounces bigger than the regular glass, but some posters are saying this is not true. I would get the glass if you want to take it home as souvenir.

I was told the souvenir glass is a couple of ounces bigger than the regular glass, but some posters are saying this is not true. I would get the glass if you want to take it home as souvenir.

It is definitely not bigger. I have literally measured the two and poured them between glasses to answer the question. There is absolutely no difference between them.

It is definitely not bigger. I have literally measured the two and poured them between glasses to answer the question. There is absolutely no difference between them.

I never checked myself, I would just get the glass if you like it as a souvenir. They are probably the same size.
But if getting the beer mug, that is definitely 6 0z bigger than regular draft beer you get.

Yes... I took it out once to have a cold beer at home.. poured a can of beer in it and was shocked to see that it only filled like quarter of the beer mug... so how much were we actually drinking on this cruise.... DISNEY cruise...:sad2:
Just kidding, we weren't falling over or anything..
Just be careful, it is 22 oz ;)
The good thing is that you can't tell if it is the ship causing you to stagger or the beer..lol

Only the drink of the day is discounted, yes, regardless of what glass you get it in. If you choose to buy the souvenir glass, you can keep having drinks in this glass throughout the cruise. If it's drink of the day it's the drink of the day price. If you want a drink other than drink of the day in it, you pay regular drink price.

Thanks - So you don't save any money with the refills - it's really just for the souvenir glass, correct?

That's also how I understand it, yes.
One question about the beer mugs. My hubby is kinda picky on his beer.

Is there a list of which beers are able to be filled in the mug?

What locations can he get his mug filled? Say he wants to have a beer on our balcony? Go to closest bar? We assume you can’t get that with Room service right?

What are the price differences between a 22oz or 16oz.

Thanks for the any info!!

One question about the beer mugs. My hubby is kinda picky on his beer.

Is there a list of which beers are able to be filled in the mug?

What locations can he get his mug filled? Say he wants to have a beer on our balcony? Go to closest bar? We assume you can’t get that with Room service right?

What are the price differences between a 22oz or 16oz.

Thanks for the any info!!

If you google "draft beer Disney cruise line" you'll get lots of info, images of the beer available. The selection changes though, from ship to sailing.
I don't think you can get draft beer from room service, only bottles.
You can get it from almost any bar though, but different ones may have different beer. The pub had a big selection. Overall I remember seeing Bud Light, Stella, Heineken, Guiness...
You can also bring your beer mug or token to dinner at the restaurants and the waiters will bring you the beer you want as well. Overall we had no problem finding lots of locations.
Price you pay for the beer in your beer mug is the same as you'd pay for 16 oz regular glass.
It's been a year since we cruised, at the time it was from $5.65-$7.95. Bud light was $5.65.

I am somewhat picky when it comes to my beer. I have purchased and used my beer mug on my last few DCL cruises. I also sometimes use it at home. The beer selection varies by ship and by bar. They typically have at least one IPA on tap now that IPA has become more popular (which is usually my choice). I've been known to buy a bottle and just pour it into my mug too though, if I could not get what I wanted on tap.

There are also mixed reports of using your mug on the next cruise. I've done it with no issues and nobody has said anything about it not being allowed. Since you can even bring your own beer on board, I packed my mug and a sixer of my favorite local craft brew for the cruise. I organized a beer exchange with a few fellow passenger and had the pleasure of trying a few local brews that aren't typically found on the ship.

We've done the drink of the day glasses, just so we could take them home. Pirate night has the special light up pirate glasses which are fun. There really is no reason to carry them around the ship to get them refilled, but you are welcome to if you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!