PICTURES of Disney Recipes you have made at home

Thanks! I got the Tink glass a couple of years at the disney store. There was a set of 4 - Tink, Mickey, Stitch, and Tigger - they are our favorite glasses!

I am now SO hungry and my groceries are not arriving for another 2 hours, so I'll have to make do with what i can find:headache:

Here is a picture of my modified smoky mushroom soup from Artist Point. It's pretty different from the original--I don't have a home smoker, for example, but it is similar enough and inspired by the original, so I thought I would show you. The modified recipe is posted over on the wfd thread on the community board.

2343944183_bd6ab86483.jpg

I love this soup and make it a couple times a year. I also, do not have a smoker. However, I got creative the first time I made it as I was not aware of a modified recipe. Turn your gas grill on medium heat. I put the mushrooms on a piece of foil and on another piece of foil, I put wood chips that had soaked in water for about 10 minutes. I put them both on the grill at the same time and left them out there until there was smoke billowing out of the grill. Voila! Smoked mushrooms!

MickeysFavouriteChickenParmesan.jpg

Mickey's Favorite Chicken Parmesan from Delicious Disney. This recipe is an odd one for Chicken Parmesan because there is no Parmesan cheese in the ingredients and the chicken is not breaded before frying. It's a good basic recipe for chicken and pasta however.

MeatBobotie_Boma.jpg

Meat Bobotie from Boma. This was taken after dinner when the loaf had cooled so the pic is not as good as it could be. It's very good though - like an exotic Moroccan Meatloaf and it makes more like 5 - 6 servings - not 10 as the recipe says.

My 1st try making Tonga Toast. I couldnt find any sourdough bread that wasnt sliced. So I had to buy the sliced bread instead. I never had tonga toast before. I thought it was OK. I guess Im not a hot banana person :rotfl: DH liked it alot though.

1001118dl8.jpg

1001120gu7.jpg

My brother has one of the really cool Disney Resort cookbooks, but we'd yet to use it. After seeing these pictures though, I was completely inspired to try making the Tonga Toast. Oh.my.gosh. It was so good. I've never been to WDW (born and raised a Disneyland girl), but if the real thing is as good as that recipe. I'd love to try it there someday. It was delicious with the bananas, but I'm wondering how it would be with apple that have been cooked up with a little cinnamon/sugar in a crockpot, especially since there's cinnamon and sugar used anyway.

I am so hungry just looking at all these pictures!:worship: How hard was the Tonga Toast to make, it looks so good!:goodvibes

The tonga toast is actually super easy! actually everything out of the delicious disney cookbook that I have made has been really easy which is always a big plus IMHO :thumbsup2

Dizney Dogs, Post more pictures, they are excellent this is a great thread where is everybody. I myself have no pictures but love looking at them.

Last night we had Nut-Crusted Mahi Mahi made from the recipe I got from Boma in 2001. (Yeah, finally got around to making it. ;) )

DH had picked up the nuts for me, but forgot to get the pumpkin seeds so I made it without those. As I remember what it tasted like at Boma, I should have sent him back out. :rotfl: It was excellent, but I missed that little difference. It was hotter than I remembered...of course that could be because I ran out of cayenne so I ground up some red pepper flakes...maybe about half of what it called for in cayenne. It ended up making my lips burn like they do when I eat Pad Thai from Chinese take-out...so it wasn't bad - just a surprise.

Super easy to make & delicious. We'll be having this again!

22635NutCrustedMahiMahi-smaller-med.JPG

I do not have a picture but I just made the tomato salad from the biergarten from the Germany pavillion in epcot and holy moly was it tart!!! I had only used 1/4 of what the recipe originnaly called for and next time I think I am only going to use 1/8 of what the recipe calls for. Believe me I love my vinegar but this was too tart for me. Just thought I'd let any curious people know before they made it themselves!!!

I do not have a picture but I just made the tomato salad from the biergarten from the Germany pavillion in epcot and holy moly was it tart!!! I had only used 1/4 of what the recipe originnaly called for and next time I think I am only going to use 1/8 of what the recipe calls for. Believe me I love my vinegar but this was too tart for me. Just thought I'd let any curious people know before they made it themselves!!!

I made this recipe as well but I really liked it. It's very much like the German tomato salads my Mom makes and I guess I'm used to the vinegary taste, :rolleyes:

I think I've mentioned how old my digital camera is so I rarely bother taking pictures of food because I can't get clear pics indoors. Anyhoo, I tried again this week and have tried to edit them to be clearer... not too much sucess.

New England Pot Roast.. Liberty Tree Tavern (Delicious Disney)

PotRoast_LTT.jpg

A fairly basic recipe that I thought had too much liquid (7 cups for 3 pounds of meat).. but then I don't know how liquid a pot roast should be. DS (20) and his buddies liked this as did my parents.

Thai Noodle Bowl with Coconut-Crusted Tofu from THE Hollywood Brown Derby (Delicious Disney)

THaiNoodleBowl.jpg

This tasted very good despite the fact that I had to improvise on the broth part of the recipe as I was missing the miso and used Clamato juice for Tomato juice. I couldn't find Thai noodles either and my Chinese egg noodles are thicker than what they picture. I also chopped up my bok choy instead of leaving it whole.

Wow, I wish I had known about this thread this weekend. I made 'Ohana's Coriander Chicken Wings, the marinated, grilled shrimp and salad dressing. It was soooo good. I also grilled some steak but didn't have a recipe for the way 'Ohana does it but marinated it in Teriyaki Ginger marinade. Yummy!

CaramelAppleShooter.jpg

From a recent dinner party - the Caramel Apple Shooter from the California Grill, Disney’s Contemporary Resort. This is a very complicated recipe and I made it over 3 days as the dessert has 5 different layers. I have a lot of Cooks Notes on the recipe in case anyone else is going to attempt it.

Sauerbraten.jpg

The Sauerbraten and Red Cabbage are Biergarten recipes but the dumplings are from a mix as I didn't have time to do the Biergarten recipe for dumplings. The Sangria is the Spoodles recipe and everything was fantastic.

HermitsFarmersMarket.jpg

I've made quite a few of the Disney cookie recipes and these Hermits from Cooking with Mickey Volume II were especially delicious.

GingerbreadMickey_MonorailCafe.jpg

Also from Cooking with Mickey Volume II (Monorail Cafe) is Gingerbread Mickey.

NightBeforeXmasMice.jpg

Night Before Christmas Mice from Cooking Demo by DeDe Wilson at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival

This is exactly the thread I was looking for! Dizneydogs- I love your pics and your garden too- how cute!

Back in April I made the Sausage Biscuit Skillet meal from Boma (on the recipe exchange thread under Breakfast). It was just as yummy as when we had it in WDW, but we forgot how rich it was! Wowee, it is so rich it took us a long time to finish it and it ended up going bad, so we will only make it is we have visitors...more mouths to help us enjoy it. But it was goooood. We had a hard time getting the biscuits to cook on the bottom, I think next time we might just make the biscuits and place them on top after so we don't have soggy biscuits (we were scraping the bottoms of our biscuits off with our forks).

Here it is-
IMG_2786.jpg
IMG_2784.jpg

That Sausage Biscuit skillet Looks amazing!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: THanks so much for adding the review as I add all those comments to my Master Recipe list. Might as well learn from those who have tried the recipes. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!