PICTURES of Disney Recipes you have made at home

What a great idea! I made the strawberry soup from Park Faire recently, but didn't think to take a picture. Kuddos to everyone for theirs.:thumbsup2

I made the Ohana potatos and pineapple bread last week but the leftovers in my fridge aren't the most appetizing looking thing.

If anyone wants to make the ohana potatos, i recommend adding more cheese than directed to get the "full effect".

I make a homemade cheesecake and use the strawberry topping recipe from my Disney cookbook. Its really great! It has fresh strawberries, strawberry jello, and a couple of other things. Its really easy, and it is so much better than just pouring out a can of strawberry pie filling, which works in a pinch.

(I tried the Disney Cheesecake recipe once, and didn't care for it - so I cook the cheesecake from another cookbook, and the strawberry topping from Disney.)

Another fairly recent one....coconut curried chicken stew from Boma:

2230161606_d6ec42651e.jpg

Another fairly recent one....coconut curried chicken stew from Boma:

2230161606_d6ec42651e.jpg

oh that looks great! DH and I loved all the soups/stews at Boma. :thumbsup2 Was this one hard to make? mmmmmmmm. I may have to give it a go!

I thought it was easy to make. If you would like, I will type in the recipe (unless it is already over on the recipe thread!).

I thought it was easy to make. If you would like, I will type in the recipe (unless it is already over on the recipe thread!).

well, if you don't mind typing it up that is great but I'm sure I could find it with a little bit of searching as well.... up to you! DH is really into a soup kick lately so maybe I can talk him into making this together this weekend! was it delish? I wonder how fattening it is? lol. Does it call for coconut milk and stuff like that?

Those cinnamon rolls look AMAZING - I am the one who requested that reciepe, but have not had the chance to make it yet. Are they as good as they look? I am thinking (we are moving into a new house soon) about having a family brunch, if they are good I may make them.

1. are they hard
2. are they as good as main street without out being on Main Street of course

Wow you guys are talented... I mean, your presentation is awsome! I've made the chicken curry boma soup and norway rice cream MANY times (both extremely easy) but if I were to have photo'd it you'd see a big messy pot of soup and some tupperware bowls and a big bowl of rice cream..

Nothing near as beautiful as these!

The recipe for the ESPN Nachos was not difficult at all.

I must admit that my DH and I took some liberties with the recipe, but we did base it off the photos we have from our last visit where we visited ESPN.

Just stack together tortilla chips, refried beans, browned ground beef (optional), and melted cheese sauce. If you want a large plate, use more than one layer of each. Put it in the microwave long enough that it is warm through.

Top with shredded cheese, guacamole, sour cream and fresh cilantro leaves.

The guacamole is made from fresh avocados, salsa (as hot as you like it), cilantro, and lime juice.

Enjoy.

Thanks so much for the ESPN Naco approximation! Sounds like something I could actually do! Again, thanks!

I made the Irish Brown Bread and the Guiness Dipping Sauce today. The bread recipe is printed in the Food and Wine 2007 Cookbook and very a similar, if not the same, recipe from Raglan Road. The dipping sauce recipe was given to me by the waiter at RR...but its also listed on the recipe thread. I altered the dipping recipe though and used Moosehead beer (I had it on hand from when I made the LeCellier Cheddar Cheese Soup.

Here is the loaf cooling:
bread003.jpg

Sliced (very thick) and served with butter and Guiness Dipping Sauce
bread002.jpg

Oh that bread looks wonderful! I just looked up the recipe in the F&W 1007 cookbook and they keep saying "the pan." Did you use a regular loaf pan or something different?

Thanks in advance - will dream of that bread with KerryGold butter!:thumbsup2

Oh that bread looks wonderful! I just looked up the recipe in the F&W 1007 cookbook and they keep saying "the pan." Did you use a regular loaf pan or something different?

Thanks in advance - will dream of that bread with KerryGold butter!:thumbsup2

Yes, I used a loaf pan.

Traditional artisan breads are not made in loaf pans, so if you make this bread again, you can just form the dough into a ball then place it on a sheet pan or pie pan. Forming a log with the dough and placing it on a sheet pan will also give you a nice artisan look to the finished bread. Scoring the dough before baking will give it a nice finished look too.......originally scoring the bread was used to identify loaves because all breads were brought to a community oven for baking since most families could not afford an oven of their own. Just some thoughts about bread.......by the way, that bread looks really good; nice crumb and crust. Was it moist?? Next time we go to Raglan Road we will have to try this.

:thumbsup2

Traditional artisan breads are not made in loaf pans, so if you make this bread again, you can just form the dough into a ball then place it on a sheet pan or pie pan. Forming a log with the dough and placing it on a sheet pan will also give you a nice artisan look to the finished bread. Scoring the dough before baking will give it a nice finished look too.......originally scoring the bread was used to identify loaves because all breads were brought to a community oven for baking since most families could not afford an oven of their own. Just some thoughts about bread.......by the way, that bread looks really good; nice crumb and crust. Was it moist?? Next time we go to Raglan Road we will have to try this.

:thumbsup2

Thank you for the ideas...we had this discussion on the "Whats for Dinner" thread yesterday and another poster free formed hers since she did not have a loaf pan.

Its a very dense bread...dry but not too dry...sort of like traditional soda bread.

When we went to RR the first time, they did not serve the bread automatically. We had to ask for it.

I gotta subscribe to this one.

And, I see some of my foodie friends are already here - hi ya'll! :)

:worship: to all of you not only for your cullinary talents but your photography skills as well:thumbsup2

Here is a picture of my modified smoky mushroom soup from Artist Point. It's pretty different from the original--I don't have a home smoker, for example, but it is similar enough and inspired by the original, so I thought I would show you. The modified recipe is posted over on the wfd thread on the community board.

2343944183_bd6ab86483.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!