Pete's Solo Shows and the $10 tier

Isn't that what they said would happen when they started using Patreon? They mentioned that everyone would still see all the content but those that did Patreon would see it quicker. I can't remember how long they have been using it now but the purpose has changed.
A good chunk of it still is that way except for the solo shows. I don’t believe those are something that will be released later. They are Patreon exclusives.

Isn't that what they said would happen when they started using Patreon? They mentioned that everyone would still see all the content but those that did Patreon would see it quicker. I can't remember how long they have been using it now but the purpose has changed.
I also recall them saying that originally but it has apparently changed to exclusive content only for subscribers.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm not a subscriber (and don't watch their videos) so I don't know what does and doesn't get released later.

Historically I recall it being the Best and Worst that often would come out 1 week early for patreons ... but not sure if that is still the case. As others said it appears to be evolving

I enjoy supporting good companies. They share so much of their lives. My family loves it when new content goes up. I think we all have no idea about how expensive the equipment really is. We all know how expensive Disney is. Everyone is free to choose how they spend their money. I love seeing what’s going on in the world. The quality of content is amazing.

The solo shows are a peek behind the curtain. They are extremely honest and intimate. As a business owner with responsibilities to my staff to keep the work coming, I gain true insight. It provides value for me, and I feel really good being a supporter.

Just to throw in my 2 cents ... I also just can't get past $120/year - its just more than I can justify. I am also with the person who said they hate monthly recurring charges. I would be far more likely to pay a lump sum for an "annual membership" than to sign up for something that charges me each month.

I've been a fan of the DIS for a very long time. I know there was a time, very long ago, when I paid a donation to help support the boards. I have made a point of using Dreams for my Disney travel even when I don't really need a TA. Booking my own WDW vacation really isn't hard, but it doesn't cost me to have Dreams book it and I know it helps to support this site and the podcast. I have my Amazon Smile set to Give Kids the World because the DIS introduced me to it. Even with all this, $120 per year is still just more than I can justify even to get Pete's solo shows (which I would absolutely love to hear!) I do actually support both my local public radio and public television stations - they are both $40 per year. If I had to pay them as $3.33 per month, I would be far less likely to make that donation each year.

So I know most of you think that we read threads and stay in the loop on your feedback. That isn't always true, but with this thread I can say it's half true and we are discussing the future of what we can do with Patreon. I can say that Pete's Solo Show will definitely always remain at a $10 level, but we are considering adopting a $5 level... As of this point we haven't decided to go that route, but I wanted to let you know that we are valuing your feedback.

Spoken like a true accountant. ETA: Not that that's a bad thing.
I'd say it was spoken like a true analyst, but hey, same same!

So I know most of you think that we read threads and stay in the loop on your feedback. That isn't always true, but with this thread I can say it's half true and we are discussing the future of what we can do with Patreon. I can say that Pete's Solo Show will definitely always remain at a $10 level, but we are considering adopting a $5 level... As of this point we haven't decided to go that route, but I wanted to let you know that we are valuing your feedback.
Thanks for chiming in Craig!
Based on the above and in the interest of feedback to Craig and the team, I still wouldn't see myself at the $5 level, only because the DIS already do so much amazing video content that i don't always get the time to enjoy, but the solo shows, I'd make time to watch, and if those were still in the $10 bracket, my initial reasoning still applies.
I'd also be interested in free form friday's only because i know that the team have to censor themselves on the shows they do put out to remain family friendly etc, but for those that know me away from the boards, censorship never enters my mind (except for here because i dont want a ban to my name), and i found that the team seemed to be a bit more loose on the FFF shows, which is more my level.

For what it is worth, if Pete's solo shows were at the $5 level, I would subscribe.

Interesting conversation, and opinions, on all sides.

I definitely applaud all involved for keeping it civil. :worship:

Exactly what I was thinking.

I've been a Patreon supporter from the beginning and did so just to support the show with no expectations of any extra content like, as PP's have commented, supporting PBS. But as all the long time listeners know the Dis is constantly evolving. Thank you for the interesting discussion.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I've been a Patreon supporter from the beginning and did so just to support the show with no expectations of any extra content like, as PP's have commented, supporting PBS. But as all the long time listeners know the Dis is constantly evolving. Thank you for the interesting discussion.

Same here. I also joined Patreon to support all the great work the team puts out. That being said I did feel that there was not much content being uploaded for us Patreon supporters until just recently. I am so glad to see all the content being put out now. I loved the video that Pete put out a few weeks ago with his Mom. It just made my wife and my day watching it and seeing the love Pete has for his Mom. I wish now that Pete's Mom would get her own vlogs. Kind of like David Letterman used to do with his Mom. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!