Peter Pan doesn't like my shirt! A June '15 TR! Updated 7/6!

Hi! Sorry I'm late!
Hiya! Better late than never! LOL
:laughing: You sound like me. I used to go every 10 years or so... like clockwork.
I've decided that we're making it a point to make room in our budget to visit more that once a decade!
Oh! Dear Lord! Scared the heck out of me!
Sorry! LOL
Ugh is right! And you wanted to be up even earlier? :faint:
Yes, that is correct sir...I was too excited to sleep anyway!

I love that. That's such a nice little father/daughter moment. :)
It's a tradition that's carried over into the rest of the family! LOL

Always a fan favourite. Wish I'd gotten one!
(Too far back in the bus)
I'd missed that shot the previous 2 times we had gone...wasn't missing it this time!
I totally get that.
Resort? What resort? I'm busy!
Maybe another trip we'll get back to CBR and take our time checking out the resort...we waited far too long to miss anything in the parks this trip!
turn off room charging? Sorry, maybe I'm dumb. What does that mean?
We didn't want to have anything charged to the room...we paid cash for everything. I budget much better with cash on hand.
Sounds like it was a great location.
It was perfect for us.
Nice. We did DDP last time we were all there and no one did that for us.
She was an awesome server.
How on earth?
How did that happen???
Disney Floral and Gifts did an amazing job!
Beans looks pretty darned happy! :laughing: :p
Oh yeah. She tried pulling the cranky teenager routine a couple of times, until we reminded her that we had over 200 photos of her smiling and having a great time!
Waiter: "Now who ordered the bacon and egg sandwich?"
<blank stares>
Waiter: "Okay, then who ordered the croque madame?"
<blank stares>
Waiter: "How about I just put this food down wherever and let you sort it out?"
Once the food arrived it sparked our memories!
Though, as a server, I've had people not remember what they've ordered only 10 minutes after the fact. The above scenario is becoming a daily routine for me at work! LOL

I didn't even try, I figured it would be almost impossible. Video, maybe. But still photo? Nope.
Plus I was so sick of snow already...
Yeah, they were nothing but a blur.
:lmao: OMG! I totally didn't even see her! I was concentrating on your funny face, your shirt and your tattoos!
Uh, yep. My tattoos often distract people!

Oh, that's right. There's a castle there in MK.
Yeah, a pretty big one too! LOL
That's priceless! :rotfl:
I love that! Way better than the sterile (IMHO) meet & greets.
It was hilarious! We had several great interaction....more to come!
Nice pic of the fambly! (Even if LoLo isn't smiling)
Thanks! She's more her goofball self for most of the rest of the trip.

Love your report so far!
That's awesome about Peter Pan:laughing:
I loved hearing about your BOG breakfast! Can I ask what you ended up ordering if you remember? That donut looks good but I've heard mixed reviews :/

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip :)!

Thanks!
I ordered the Vegetable Quiche (which was delicious BTW), Nick and Beans ordered the donut, which they devoured so it must've been good!, and LoLo got the kids scrambled eggs meal. All of the meals came with a bowl of fruit as well.

I want to know more about your BOG breakfast as well. I just got an ADR for August 4 and it says I can preorder beginning July 5. Other threads are saying that you don't have to order for everyone, that people can share meals. Is that true with the pre-ordering? Will it let us order three kids breakfasts and some a la carte like pastries or a fruit plate? Others are complaining about the food, what do you recommend there? And I'm confused on having a QS waiter, do you tip?

I don't think that you can order a la carte on the pre-order. I could be wrong though. I believe when I ordered online it pulled up each individual person and gave me the options for each. That could be because of our DP though. As far as the food, we all really enjoyed it. Each meal came with a bowl of fruit and they left a tray of bread and pastries for the whole table to share. The danish on that tray was amazing. With the QS breakfast, you pay before your food arrives and I don't recall there being a tip line on the receipt. They handed us a zeroed out copy with our DP info on it. I guess you could leave cash on the table if you wanted though.

So, where were we (again)....
Oh yes, we were heading down Main Street USA to after our Castle photo and went to get the kiddos started on the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game. Which we didn't even get to play til later on in the day. We'll get to that later!
So, we got it all set up and decided to head to our first Fastpass of the day...7DMT!!!

Now, a little bit of background on my little miss LoLo. She's a very timid and nervous child, especially when it comes to "thrill seeking". Beans on the other hand has and always will be my fearless one. She's up for just about anything you throw at her, her best friends from age 5 til 12 were the boys down the street (there was only 1 other girl in our neighborhood her age, the rest were all boys) and they taught her how to be rough and tough, and she is 2 belt away from earning her black belt in Tae Kwon Do. Back to LoLo, until recently, she would scream bloody murder around water and heights. And when I say scream, I mean a blood curdling, eardrum piercing, make your brain melt into your ears scream. Two and a half years ago we moved from Ohio to South Carolina. Since we've moved here, she has more opportunities to "come out of her shell" and isn't as afraid to try new things. She's even jumping into the pool with no fear! So...

We're in line for her first ever roller coaster. I can tell she's getting nervous and I'm trying to keep her calm and occupied. Even though we had a FP we still had to wait about 5 minutes before we reached the front of the line. As I'm trying to keep her calm, I fail to see that my husband is not fairing so well himself. He doesn't do heights, or rides for that matter, and he's turning green. So, we reach the front of the line and Nick decides he's not getting on. I tell him to go ahead and wait for us by the exit and we'll be fine. Beans has no problem riding in the car alone, she just wants to ride. LoLo and I get the seats behind her in the same car, and she's doing great. The lap bar comes down and she death grips it. I reassure her that she'll be alright, just hold onto the bar, and it'll be fun. We hit the point where the brakes of the car unlock and the sound of that alone sends her hand flying from the death grip on the lap bar to an even harder death grip on my hand. The ride starts moving and she starts screaming. No words, just ear piercing screams. We hit the point where the ride slows down and we're in the mine, and she stops screaming and starts singing along. Still clutching my hand as the ride starts moving faster again, we exit the mine and now she's screaming again, only this time she's screaming she's scared...over and over....she's scared. The ride slows again in front of the cottage, and again, she's singing and telling me "Mom, look it's Snow White, they're dancing, oh, they better watch out for that witch!". :yo-yo: Seriously? I'm perplexed. Her emotions were more of a roller coaster than the ride itself!

And now....the look on the child's face....Priceless!!! We're in the second car back....
MK_MINETRAIN_7340671527 - Copy.jpeg

Now, before any one thinks I scarred my poor child for life....
Yes, she said she would not be getting on this ride again. Yes, she was scared, and yes, we laughed hysterically, BUT, she was ready to move on to the next ride within 2 minutes and sitting here next to me as I type is giggling at her face in the photo (and has watched the ride video about 50 times!).

We get off of the ride and head out to find Nick. We meet up with him and walk over to the Storybook Circus area to check it out while we wait for our next FP. The kids were getting thirsty and wanted a snack so we went into Big Top Souvenirs and got a few drinks for everyone and a couple of snacks for the kids. We found a spot down the sidewalk behind the Barnstormer where the kids could sit in the shade (we had no clue until later on that there was an area with tables, chairs, and charging stations right next to the shop...lesson learned!), and eat their snacks.

We headed out to our next FP: Under the Sea, Journey of the Little Mermaid. This ride was one of LoLo's choices, and well, a bit more her speed. We all really enjoyed it, it's really a cute ride, and well, we got to sit and relax in the AC for a bit.

As we exited the ride, we came across a photopass photo spot and stopped for a few silly pics...though we all couldn't get it together in the same shot! LOL

MK_MERMAIDBRIDGEICONNC_7340751169 - Copy.jpeg

After that, we had quite a bit of time to kill (it was only about 12:45 at this point) so we decided to head over to try and meet Gaston by his tavern. We were really excited that he was there and that it was the "good guy" from all of the You Tube videos. So we go and got in line, stood there for about 5 minutes only for them to tell us he was leaving but would be back later in the day. As we stood there trying to figure out what to do next Gaston walks over, puts his hands on Beans' shoulder and says "I have something important to tell you". She just giggles and says "OK?", and he says "You're in MY way." She laughs and moves over a bit and he says "You're still in MY way." She she gives him a filthy look and moves over more. He strides past us and out of site and Beans says "I don't think I want to meet him any more!" HMMMM....another fabulous character interaction! LOL

Well, eventually we'll finish out day our first full day, but for now I must go and get ready for the chiropractor. My back spasmed pretty bad at work yesterday and I think something is out of place. I'll try to update later today or tomorrow.

I want to know more about the room decorating. Did you call in advance and tell them what you wanted or how much to spend? I am totally mad that I didn't think of that!

I want to know more about the room decorating. Did you call in advance and tell them what you wanted or how much to spend? I am totally mad that I didn't think of that!
Disney Floral and Gifts...they were amazing. You can call or order online. I called because I was adding on to the package and paying with a bunch of gift cards. We did the Mickey and Minnie Grand Magical Welcome for families. It was pricey, you can get just about everything cheaper separately, but having them decorate for us and (the biggest point) seeing the look on my girls' faces was worth every penny plus some!
www.disneyfloralandgifts.com

Disney Floral and Gifts...they were amazing. You can call or order online. I called because I was adding on to the package and paying with a bunch of gift cards. We did the Mickey and Minnie Grand Magical Welcome for families. It was pricey, you can get just about everything cheaper separately, but having them decorate for us and (the biggest point) seeing the look on my girls' faces was worth every penny plus some!
www.disneyfloralandgifts.com

Thank you for the information. So bummed that I missed this opportunity for our first time there. I will have to remember this next time even though it won't be the same. Still will be fun though!

Thank you for the information. So bummed that I missed this opportunity for our first time there. I will have to remember this next time even though it won't be the same. Still will be fun though!
No problem! It will still be fun! Maybe it can be a "Welcome back!" surprise!!!

Great update! I love the 7DMT pic...so funny! Glad she enjoyed it after all...my DD won't go on. I think Ariel is more her speed too!

I've decided that we're making it a point to make room in our budget to visit more that once a decade!

::yes::

Yes, that is correct sir...I was too excited to sleep anyway!

Good point!

"]We didn't want to have anything charged to the room...we paid cash for everything.

Oh.
Yep. I'm dumb.

Disney Floral and Gifts did an amazing job!

I'll have to remember that.

Though, as a server, I've had people not remember what they've ordered only 10 minutes after the fact. The above scenario is becoming a daily routine for me at work! LOL

I don't know whether to :laughing: or :sad2:

It was hilarious! We had several great interaction....more to come!

Can't wait to hear about them!

Going back to read the latest update now.

So, we got it all set up and decided to head to our first Fastpass of the day...7DMT!!!

No surprise there.
Beats having to rush over there, doesn't it?

and she is 2 belt away from earning her black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

Nice! I tried with both DDs but while the older one did take a few lessons (she loved her teacher... but then got switched to one she didn't like and that was that) the younger one wouldn't even consider it.
Oh, well.

And when I say scream, I mean a blood curdling, eardrum piercing, make your brain melt into your ears scream.

Oh, those are always fun, aren't they?

She's even jumping into the pool with no fear!

Good for her!
Trust me, I know how that feels.

As I'm trying to keep her calm, I fail to see that my husband is not fairing so well himself. He doesn't do heights, or rides for that matter, and he's turning green.

Whoops! Gotta take care of the big ones as well as the little ones.

We hit the point where the ride slows down and we're in the mine, and she stops screaming and starts singing along.

What? Okay. So all over the fear, yes?

The ride slows again in front of the cottage, and again, she's singing and telling me "Mom, look it's Snow White, they're dancing, oh, they better watch out for that witch!". :yo-yo: Seriously? I'm perplexed. Her emotions were more of a roller coaster than the ride itself!

Apparently not. That's just... strange.
Sounds like she just likes to scream? :confused3

And now....the look on the child's face....Priceless!!! We're in the second car back....

:lmao:

Now, before any one thinks I scarred my poor child for life....

Meh. That's what they're there for.

Yes, she said she would not be getting on this ride again. Yes, she was scared, and yes, we laughed hysterically, BUT, she was ready to move on to the next ride within 2 minutes and sitting here next to me as I type is giggling at her face in the photo (and has watched the ride video about 50 times!).

So, not traumatized.
Well, keep trying.

:rolleyes2

We headed out to our next FP: Under the Sea, Journey of the Little Mermaid. This ride was one of LoLo's choices, and well, a bit more her speed. We all really enjoyed it, it's really a cute ride,

Good to hear. I hope to try it some day.

mk_mermaidbridgeiconnc_7340751169-copy-jpeg.105435

Nice family pic! :thumbsup2

As we stood there trying to figure out what to do next Gaston walks over, puts his hands on Beans' shoulder and says "I have something important to tell you". She just giggles and says "OK?", and he says "You're in MY way." She laughs and moves over a bit and he says "You're still in MY way." She she gives him a filthy look and moves over more. He strides past us and out of site and Beans says "I don't think I want to meet him any more!" HMMMM....another fabulous character interaction! LOL

:laughing: That's funny!

My back spasmed pretty bad at work yesterday and I think something is out of place.

Oh, no. No fun when the back is acting up.
(I know that too!)
Hope you're feeling better by now.

I am loving your trip report! Thanks so much for including the link to Disney floral and gifts. It sounds like a perfect surprised for the girls on our next trip.

Beats having to rush over there, doesn't it?
Yes! I love the Fastpass system!
Nice! I tried with both DDs but while the older one did take a few lessons (she loved her teacher... but then got switched to one she didn't like and that was that) the younger one wouldn't even consider it.
Oh, well.
Beans loves it. When we lived in Ohio a class member handed out coupons from the school he went to for a free class and she fell right into it. She was getting ready to test for her fourth belt when she had to quit. When we moved here we found her a new school and she had to start over at a white belt. The school in Ohio was part of the American TKD Association, her new school is part of the World TKD Federation. So the registration of her belts wouldn't carry over.
Oh, those are always fun, aren't they?
Oh, yes. Especially love the looks people give you as your child is screaming like a banshee!!
Good for her!
Trust me, I know how that feels
We're very proud of how much she has been trying to conquer her fears.

Whoops! Gotta take care of the big ones as well as the little ones.
Yes, and I didn't make that mistake again!
What? Okay. So all over the fear, yes?

Apparently not. That's just... strange.
Sounds like she just likes to scream? :confused3
I think she just didn't know what to do with her fears and was trying to calm herself. If that makes sense.
Meh. That's what they're there for.

So, not traumatized.
Well, keep trying.
LOL
Nice family pic! :thumbsup2
Thanks!
:laughing: That's funny!
Yeah, well...it was par for the course that day! LOL
Oh, no. No fun when the back is acting up.
(I know that too!)
Hope you're feeling better by now.
Thanks, I'm doing better today, went to the chiropractor yesterday and he put everything back where it should be. Just achy today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter