Peter Pan doesn't like my shirt! A June '15 TR! Updated 7/6!

Oh my gosh what an awesome, busy day!! Hearing about your experiences with the heat makes me so nervous for September :faint:
It was hot, but we came home to a heat wave that was worse...I'm sure September will be hot, but not as unbearable as the heat in June.

Sorcerers of the MK sounds neat - we might have to try it next trip!
It was fun...the girls have been playing with the cards still.

Love your shirt! Just googled so I could get one for my trip next year!!!
Thanks! It is very comfortable, it's become one of my favorites. There are other Disney designs, I want the Alice and Lilo and Stitch ones for our trip next year! Waiting for them to go on clearance though! LOL

Great report so far!! Good moving driving. We always rent a car, even when staying on site. I can't stand not being in control of when I'll arrive at or leave a park!
Thanks! We live in South Carolina, so the drive isn't so bad, just kind of boring. Flying just doesn't make sense to us. I don't like not being in control either, it was a great peace of mind to know that we could get to where we needed to go on our terms.
Also, too funny about the drop in Pirates. My son (just turned 11) goes on Space Mountain about 1000x but has to be forced onto Pirates once because of that little drop!
That's too funny! I'm hoping we can get her on some bigger rides next year. She said she'd ride Pirates again... guess we shall see! LOL

OK Ya'll! I finally have a day off and a few hours to spare....so on to the next day! YAY!! LOL

We got to sleep in a bit! Everyone had a little more "pep in their step" and we got right up and moving and off we went to our first ADR of the day....Best Friend's Breakfast at 'Ohana! We were all really excited about this ADR, we wanted to check out the Poly AND Lilo and Stitch is loved by us all!

11390352_875783322510681_6931936242373602971_n - Copy.jpg

We got to the Poly about 1/2 an hour early, so we got a chance to wonder around and check some things out. It's an absolutely lovely resort...we decided that we'd like to stay there on a future trip...
We went up to check in for our ADR and had about a 15 minutes wait. We hung out in the gift shop upstairs while we waited. When our pager went off, they took us to our table and we were excited that we got a table by the windows! Our server was alright, they had forgotten to take the coffee carafe off of the table from the previous guests, so she was thinking we had already had our coffee and we had to flag her down and ask her for a new carafe with fresh coffee.

The bread they leave on the table was really good, and we tried not to devour it and ruin our breakfast! LOL

Right after we sat down we noticed they were handing out maracas to the kids. A few seconds later here came the characters and kids lining up for the parade. It took only a tiny bit of convincing before the girls were in line with maracas in their hands dancing around the restaurant! When the parade was over Beans and LoLo were back at the table giggling and smiling away! **I still have Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride stuck in my head!**

Our food came out rather quickly. If you haven't had breakfast at 'Ohana, it's served "family style", they bring out a huge skillet with everything in it, there were eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, and Mickey & Stitch waffles, and a separate bowl with fruit. The kids really enjoyed the juice they served, I can't remember the name of it though.
Everything was awesome! Well, except the bacon...I didn't think it was too bad, but no one else cared for it. We thought initially that there didn't look like enough food for all of us...uh, yeah, we were wrong! We were completely stuffed! Our server was laughing because she kept trying to come over and bring us more and it looked like we barely touched it!

As soon as we were finished eating the characters were heading our direction. Perfect timing! Pluto came around first...as he was at our table Lilo came up behind him and crossed her arms and stomped her foot like she waiting for him to hurry up and then she continued on to the next table. LOL Poor Pluto! He signed the girl's autograph books and we got a few pics with him and he hurried on to the next table. Lilo came back over to us and Beans showed her her Scrump backpack....Lilo went crazy with it! She took it from Beans and was running around the restaurant showing it to people and hugging it, then she realized it was a backpack and put it on and ran around the restaurant again. LOL She came back to our table and was hugging Scrump as she signed the girl's autograph books and took pictures with them.

SAM_3045 - Copy.JPG
SAM_3046 - Copy.JPG

It was an AWESOME character interaction! The girls were laughing hysterically! She had the whole restaurant going!

She finally gave Scrump back to Beans and headed off to another table.

After Lilo left Mickey was right behind her and at our table within seconds. The kiddos got a kick out of Mickey in his Hawaiian shirt! He signed their autograph books, gave them lots of hugs and took a few photos and moved on to another table. As Mickey left we saw Stitch going into the kitchen and our server told us he had to go "make more juice" and he would be back out in a few minutes...we figured that was just a polite way of saying he needed a break.

After waiting about 5 minutes Stitch was back and heading our direction. He stopped at a few tables before ours and his handlers came to tell us we were next. He came to our table and the girls gave him lots of love and took a lot of pictures with him. They were too excited to remember that they had brought him a baby bottle and to show him LoLo's Stitch backpack.

POLY_OHANACHAR2_7342068705 - Copy.jpeg

After Stitch left, we decided it was time to go. We headed back to our resort to get changed and were quickly on our way to Epcot!

We love 'Ohana for dinner, but breakfast there looks really good as well.

Sounds like you had some great character interactions!

We love 'Ohana for dinner, but breakfast there looks really good as well.

Sounds like you had some great character interactions!
It was very good, we decided it's a must for future trips!
We did have great character interactions! It was so much fun!

We got to the Poly about 1/2 an hour early, so we got a chance to wonder around and check some things out. It's an absolutely lovely resort...we decided that we'd like to stay there on a future trip...

You and me both.
But I doubt it will ever happen for me.
I don't mind, since so little of my time is spent at the resort.

Still... would be nice.

We hung out in the gift shop upstairs while we waited.

That can be dangerous.

It took only a tiny bit of convincing before the girls were in line with maracas in their hands dancing around the restaurant!

:laughing: Good for them!

We thought initially that there didn't look like enough food for all of us...uh, yeah, we were wrong! We were completely stuffed! Our server was laughing because she kept trying to come over and bring us more and it looked like we barely touched it!

:laughing: We had a similar experience at Whispering Canyon.
"That's it?"
<later>
"There's no way we can finish it all!"

Pluto came around first...as he was at our table Lilo came up behind him and crossed her arms and stomped her foot like she waiting for him to hurry up and then she continued on to the next table.

:laughing: Cute!

Lilo came back over to us and Beans showed her her Scrump backpack....Lilo went crazy with it! She took it from Beans and was running around the restaurant showing it to people and hugging it, then she realized it was a backpack and put it on and ran around the restaurant again. LOL She came back to our table and was hugging Scrump as she signed the girl's autograph books and took pictures with them.

:lmao: I think that just might be the best character interaction I've ever heard of.

They were too excited to remember that they had brought him a baby bottle and to show him LoLo's Stitch backpack.

Too bad. I wonder what he would've done!

We headed back to our resort to get changed and were quickly on our way to Epcot!

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

You and me both.
But I doubt it will ever happen for me.
I don't mind, since so little of my time is spent at the resort.

Still... would be nice.
The hubby and I were thinking maybe one day on an adult only trip...
I agree about not spending much time at the resort, we don't know how people find the time to really explore. we wanted to jam as much park time in as possible. Maybe again on an adult only trip, for a longer stay.

That can be dangerous.
Eh, yes and no. The girls each had their own gift cards, so it was their money to spend. Though, they didn't get anything there.
:laughing: We had a similar experience at Whispering Canyon.
"That's it?"
<later>
"There's no way we can finish it all!"
Oh yeah, it was a lot of food! Didn't look like it, but it was very filling!
:lmao: I think that just might be the best character interaction I've ever heard of.
Oh, it was hysterical. Was such a great experience for the girls. Even the 14 year old couldn't stop laughing and smiling!
Too bad. I wonder what he would've done!
Right?! Maybe we'll find out next time!

The hubby and I were thinking maybe one day on an adult only trip...
I agree about not spending much time at the resort, we don't know how people find the time to really explore. we wanted to jam as much park time in as possible. Maybe again on an adult only trip, for a longer stay.

I agree. It would have to be for a longer stay.
We usually only stay for less than a week.
Which means Go! Go! Go!
If we had more time and more money.... actually, we'd probably do Hawaii or Europe or Carribean. :laughing:

Eh, yes and no. The girls each had their own gift cards, so it was their money to spend. Though, they didn't get anything there.

Ah. We did the same thing with our girls.
They had their own money.
And we warned them, "When it's gone, it's gone!"

They did very well, actually.

Oh, it was hysterical. Was such a great experience for the girls. Even the 14 year old couldn't stop laughing and smiling!

:goodvibes

Hey Ya'll!!! Sorry I've been MIA lately. Life has been a bit crazy, but hopefully I will be able to continue my TR here soon!
I quit my serving job and just finished my training as an Independent Travel Consultant. I've been using all of my computer time for training, research, and looking for another job to compensate until my new career takes off! But I must say...I've been missing the DISboards like crazy!!! :disrocks::grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter