People are insane!

I think for humans (in the context of being crammed into an overbooked airplane) it just means a last grasp at personal space.

I used to commute to work by train and the train was set up with three seats in a row. My stop was early on the line and train was usually pretty empty when I would get on so choosing a seat was never a problem. I'm a bigger guy and, everyday, me and another bigger guy would sit next to each other in the same row. Sure, the middle seat was available but, more often than not, the seat remained empty. And you people think successful strategy only applies to planning a day at Disney :-)

Heh.. I keep thinking of Ursula walking around going "You're not gonna cut in line, aintcha?! You're gonna go to the back of the line! You poor unfortunate soul" :)

How do 22 people get in front of you in the line ? Did they physically shove you out of the way ? People are definitely rude, but also very oblivious when at Disney. That said, I've never had 20+ people cut in front of me in line. Well, a Brazilian Tour Group tried to do it once, but when the flag carrier went to go around, I just stepped in her path.

/ Helps to be a big guy when protecting your place in line at Disney, I suppose.

I was near the end of the line, and they just pushed through.

A couple of years back at Rope Drop in Epcot, I heard the guy behind me tell his female partner to "just push him out of the way" talking about my son who was in front of her as we were walking to Test Track. I then heard him tell her "change places with me, I'll do it." I don't think at the time, that he realized the kid he was getting ready to push out of the way was mine. I, of course, quickly changed places with my son, and put myself in front of the rude man. He then tried to change places back behind my son, but he had already started moving forward too fast, and when he tried to step to the side, wound up getting the back of my shoe. It took my sneaker off a bit, but I managed to recover. He didn't do such a good job of recovering, and wound up a fair bit farther back in the line than he would have been had he not been so rude.

At any rate, the insane behavior no longer surprises me. I expect the worst from people in Disney lol.

OMG, that is awful!! A grown man stating he is going to push a child? How disgusting. & the fact that he went out of his way to try to target him after you changed places-what a creep :(

Wow this just makes me sad. On our first trip my 4 year old was so excited for a MK parade (I can't remember which one it was) we staked out our place over an hour ahead of time (and this was a slow week). He talked endlessly about the parade. About 1 minute before show time a woman and her adult party stood in front of my son pushing the tape further than intended. I was trying to be nice and asked her if she would mind sliding over a bit so my son could see. She told me no and then got into my sons face and screamed more foul words at him directly that I even knew existed. My son was hysterical. We were about to leave but fortunately a cast member heard her and removed her entire party. The amazing CM asked my crying son his favorite color and returned with 3 blue Mickey balloons and a mickey bar.

Kudos to that CM for removing that entire party. Sometimes it seems like CM's don't always take action on these situations, to prevent further conflict. But people like this have to have consequences or they will always feel its ok to behave this way.

This morning, I had an early ADR for Akershus. After breakfast, I got on the FEA line at about 9:02, and there were about 8 people in front of me. All of a sudden, the crowd comes and just pushes their way in. Before I knew it, there was like 30 people in front of me now. I know you want to get on the ride early, but jeez.
Same thing happened to us two weeks ago on 7 dwarfs. We got into the line early and when they opened and let people in I got separated by
the rushing crowd. My wife looked back and said, "come on up", at which point I loudly exclaimed, "I would, but there's some people that don't think they're going to be able to ride today!" These people then realized how ridicules they were acting said, "Oh, Please get up there with your family".

This nothing new. 30 yrs ago we were waiting for a parade standing side by side. Two adults and two kids. Couple of mins before the parade, a guy comes from behind.....excuse me, excuse me, excuse me.....everyone lets him get by. We all think he is trying to get across the street. And then stops right in front, so he is now in front of us and suddenly deaf. We say something and he just stares ahead. We ended up with the kids standing in front of us, so we can still see, but sooooo ruuudddeee.

This nothing new. 30 yrs ago we were waiting for a parade standing side by side. Two adults and two kids. Couple of mins before the parade, a guy comes from behind.....excuse me, excuse me, excuse me.....everyone lets him get by. We all think he is trying to get across the street. And then stops right in front, so he is now in front of us and suddenly deaf. We say something and he just stares ahead. We ended up with the kids standing in front of us, so we can still see, but sooooo ruuudddeee.

My husband always stands behind me since he can see over me just fine.. more room at the front for people that way. :flower3:

This morning, I had an early ADR for Akershus. After breakfast, I got on the FEA line at about 9:02, and there were about 8 people in front of me. All of a sudden, the crowd comes and just pushes their way in. Before I knew it, there was like 30 people in front of me now. I know you want to get on the ride early, but jeez.
Our last visit, DS age 11 came up with the code phrase "fluffy unicorn" to indicate our line space was about to be or had been encroached upon, lol! No idea how he came up with it but we used it all week by alerting each other, then sort of puffing up with elbows out and spreading out so that our little party of two took up more space thereby foiling would be line cutters.

OMG, that is awful!! A grown man stating he is going to push a child? How disgusting. & the fact that he went out of his way to try to target him after you changed places-what a creep :(
Agreed. Had he not tripped over my big feet, and actually managed to push my son, I would no doubt have been removed from the park, and arrested when I was done with him lol.

RD reminds me of Black Friday, and the E-Tickets are the hottest items of the season :santa: Parade and firework time can sadly fit into that category too :crowded: Like many have said, Disney seems to bring out the "best". And much like Christmas, someone's "best" can trample (sometimes literally) all over the intended spirit o_O Sad when my friends and I always list "other people" as a potential Disney negative :laughing: I'm thankful that for every rude jerk, there ends up being a ton more who are a delight to be around :flower3: I'm glad you made the best of it, and other people's rude behavior didn't ruin your :cloud9:

This happened to us at Kings Dominion. A group of about 100 pushed in front of people in line and they acted like we were cutting

Sorry to hear that. I can say for sure I wouldn't be as tolerant as you. If people tried to do that and push in front of me and my family, they would not succeed.

And I do the same thing on airplanes...try to make it a little less appealing to sit next to me. I like my personal space.

How would they not succeed though? It sucks but you can't fight 30 people.

Our last visit, DS age 11 came up with the code phrase "fluffy unicorn" to indicate our line space was about to be or had been encroached upon, lol! No idea how he came up with it but we used it all week by alerting each other, then sort of puffing up with elbows out and spreading out so that our little party of two took up more space thereby foiling would be line cutters.
That's funny, our word is Muskrat! If you hear someone murmur that, brace and pull together like spartans :snooty:

True but then you nor I would be living which would suck.

Right...which also means we couldn't go to WDW and that would suck :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter