People are insane!

LIPeter

Mouseketeer
This morning, I had an early ADR for Akershus. After breakfast, I got on the FEA line at about 9:02, and there were about 8 people in front of me. All of a sudden, the crowd comes and just pushes their way in. Before I knew it, there was like 30 people in front of me now. I know you want to get on the ride early, but jeez.

My DH used the "puff" method when he flies alone on business. He puffs his chest out and makes himself appear bigger than he is so people don't take the seat next to him. I'll have to try this method in line when I go to WDW, spread my self out so nobody can get by me!

My DH used the "puff" method when he flies alone on business. He puffs his chest out and makes himself appear bigger than he is so people don't take the seat next to him. I'll have to try this method in line when I go to WDW, spread my self out so nobody can get by me!
I use a "cough method." I do my best to sound as bad as possible with a persistent fake cough when people try to crowd or push me to the side. Try it. It stops people in their tracks. They will give you wide berth.

I didn't have a bad experience. I just think people get a little nutty.
Agreed. I think WDW does the same thing to some people that weddings do to certain brides. Everything has to be perfect, & no one's gonna stand in my way.

Hoping you are joking, as a plane seat is not something you can claim, unless you pay for it. He really tries to intimidate people not to sit next to him?

Hoping you are joking, as a plane seat is not something you can claim, unless you pay for it. He really tries to intimidate people not to sit next to him?

I don't think they were implying he was threatening anyone. He's simply trying to make sitting next to him look like the least desireable option. It's not as egregious as you seem to think.

Wow, I've never experienced this with rides.

Where are the cast members? Aren't they supposed to be making sure lines are being managed in a sound manner?

This morning, I had an early ADR for Akershus. After breakfast, I got on the FEA line at about 9:02, and there were about 8 people in front of me. All of a sudden, the crowd comes and just pushes their way in. Before I knew it, there was like 30 people in front of me now. I know you want to get on the ride early, but jeez.

Sorry to hear that. I can say for sure I wouldn't be as tolerant as you. If people tried to do that and push in front of me and my family, they would not succeed.

And I do the same thing on airplanes...try to make it a little less appealing to sit next to me. I like my personal space.

Wow, I've never experienced this with rides.

Where are the cast members? Aren't they supposed to be making sure lines are being managed in a sound manner?
Yes, that was my thought too. Guests shouldn't have to cough or puff themselves up or anything else to maintain their spot in line. It sounds dangerous for 30 groups to push into an existing line for an attraction. Unacceptable that CMs couldn't or wouldn't do anything to prevent or correct that.

Wow! I would definitely not be ok with that! I have a very low tolerance for rude people. I really hope nothing like this happens when we go in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter