PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I often have the same complaint about my store.....I rarely can get everything I need. DD was a store manager and now is in supply chain. She tells me every single time I complain that it's not the stores fault.....it's a supply chain problem. Since changing jobs she has a completely new view on how things work and has often said that she thinks it's a shame that store managers don't know how things trickle down from the manufacturer to the store level. Having that knowledge would change how they deal with a lot of issues in the store.

She also recently told me that there are still ongoing issues with plant closures due to outbreaks all over the place. There could possibly be meat shortages again and there is still an aluminum problem.
Interesting. I have been trying to get Classico Afredo sauce for a few weeks, now. I thought it was just my local Fortinos, but Walmart doesn't have any either. I'm now wondering (since all the brands on the shelves are red sauces only) if maybe they are having a supply issue in the plants that make the white sauces? It could be as simple as 'more people buy red sauce, so concentrate on that'.

I can and do make my own red sauces, but I have a mental block on the alfredos, so I like buying those.

Interesting. I have been trying to get Classico Afredo sauce for a few weeks, now. I thought it was just my local Fortinos, but Walmart doesn't have any either. I'm now wondering (since all the brands on the shelves are red sauces only) if maybe they are having a supply issue in the plants that make the white sauces? It could be as simple as 'more people buy red sauce, so concentrate on that'.

I can and do make my own red sauces, but I have a mental block on the alfredos, so I like buying those.
Funny...I don’t buy much in the way of pasta sauce but I just bought a Classico Alfredo last week on impulse. When I was unpacking my groceries I looked at the jar and thought why did I buy that.

It could be made in a plant experiencing an outbreak but it could also be that it’s not a big seller in the stores you checked and they are stocking less or not stocking it at all.

There are big empty shelving spaces for it in my Fortinos, so something's going on. Anyway, it's not the end of the world, since I don't use it very often. But it is indicative of how things have changed.

Another item I haven't seen all year is Fruitopia in cans. I've talked to the pop reps in the store and they said it had to do with a decision to focus on the primary brands and ensure they are always on the shelf, so maybe there's more canned Pepsi being produced instead, for example.

There are big empty shelving spaces for it in my Fortinos, so something's going on. Anyway, it's not the end of the world, since I don't use it very often. But it is indicative of how things have changed.

Another item I haven't seen all year is Fruitopia in cans. I've talked to the pop reps in the store and they said it had to do with a decision to focus on the primary brands and ensure they are always on the shelf, so maybe there's more canned Pepsi being produced instead, for example.
There has been an aluminum shortage since the spring. With people staying home the demand on canned beverages has sky rocketed. So all the drink companies had to drop off production on their lesser brands. A lot of what was dropped was the diet versions but it also affected alcohol. Part of my DD’s job includes beverages and she’s still dealing with this.

Our local newspaper looked into the lack of Alfredo sauce and the manufacturer of Classico advised it was due to the pandemic and due to restrictions at the plant, they concentrated on the "red" sauces. They did advise that they would resume manufacturing Alfredo sauce in May 2021.

Our local newspaper looked into the lack of Alfredo sauce and the manufacturer of Classico advised it was due to the pandemic and due to restrictions at the plant, they concentrated on the "red" sauces. They did advise that they would resume manufacturing Alfredo sauce in May 2021.
Oh, thanks. Makes sense, but I'm sad about it. Back to trying my own recipe.

Seeing this makes me glad that I had grabbed a pack of the jars at costco awhile back. The hubby and I rarely eat pasta anymore, but when I do make it for the boys to have as a side for their meal, one son like a red sauce, the other likes alfredo :rolleyes2 - side note...no wonder I feel like I'm going bonkers some days...whipping up three of four different items for everyone to eat.

But now I also will be more patient when I see an item I am wanting and its not at the store. This week it was green onions!!!!! How the heck does superstore NOT have green onions!!!! I like them in my salads and in one soup I had planned to make. So I picked up some shallots instead. I'll give those a try for a week or so!

Seeing this makes me glad that I had grabbed a pack of the jars at costco awhile back. The hubby and I rarely eat pasta anymore, but when I do make it for the boys to have as a side for their meal, one son like a red sauce, the other likes alfredo :rolleyes2 - side note...no wonder I feel like I'm going bonkers some days...whipping up three of four different items for everyone to eat.

But now I also will be more patient when I see an item I am wanting and its not at the store. This week it was green onions!!!!! How the heck does superstore NOT have green onions!!!! I like them in my salads and in one soup I had planned to make. So I picked up some shallots instead. I'll give those a try for a week or so!
We aren't green onions fans, but once in awhile there's a recipe that calls for them. Can you tell me, what's the difference between green onions and shallots? I thought they were the same thing (naive me!)

@FigmentSpark we seem to have similar family "musts". Mourning the canned Fruitopia (we've "pivoted" to the frozen concentrate), and switched to the Newman's Own Alfredo (when we can find it). It's a staple in our house, with leftover turkey/chicken and peas or fake crab/shrimp on pasta...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter